Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Mick Jagger says the Rolling Stones won't tour next year in celebration of the band's 50th anniversary
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 23, 2011 19:58

Naturalust said,Wow the venom on this site amazes me. Well in my opinion it is one of the most polite forums around.Some of these music,sport and entertainment forums are full of abusive people who swear,threaten and all sorts of stuff.As soon as I see that I'm out of it.This is a great site for discussion with no bad language and no hard feelings in the end. A few trolls around ,but you can spot 'em a mile off. >grinning smiley<

Re: Mick Jagger says the Rolling Stones won't tour next year in celebration of the band's 50th anniversary
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 23, 2011 20:12

crawdaddy
As soon as I see that I'm out of it >grinning smiley<

me too. peace.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 23, 2011 20:19

Stoneage
Imagine the amount of work they would have done if they had been on a normal 8-5 workschedule with only five weeks of holiday every year. 100 albums and 50 tours maybe?

lmfao. That's why they chose to be rock stars and not accountants. lol peace.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 23, 2011 20:23

DragonSky
melillo
just remember what happened during the dirty work period we all thought it was over but we couldnt have been more wrong

Yeah. Look at the results. Dirty Work.
Imagine if the Internet had existed at that time, you would have found 1.000's of threads about Stones not touring anymore, Mick's and Keith's fight etc...

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: September 23, 2011 23:07

They are planning a tour.

Take it to the bank.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 23, 2011 23:30

mtaylor
DragonSky
melillo
just remember what happened during the dirty work period we all thought it was over but we couldnt have been more wrong

Imagine if the Internet had existed at that time, you would have found 1.000's of threads about Stones not touring anymore, Mick's and Keith's fight etc...

thats what i was talking about

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: September 24, 2011 02:31

Alright, suppose the Stones do actually tour next tour. As a long time fan, I love the Stones just as much as anybody, but I've had to stop and ask myself this question: Is it really worth paying exorbitant prices to see 70 year old guys play stale warhorses and whose musicianship has significantly deteriorated? UNLESS early concert reviews indicate that their shows are being played in small arenas with a different format (blues,rarities) AND the musicianship is of STELLAR order among the principal players, I am pretty confident that I will be staying home and buying a complimentary DVD of the tour just like I did for the Bigger Bang circus...

Posted by: RRMan03 ()
Date: September 24, 2011 02:38

I will take a bet on any amount you want that there is going to be one more tour.No dates yet but plannig is underway.Things move slowly when its this big so save your money its not going to be cheap.They are all playing,all in pretty good shape right now and when they have a meeting which they just had its not to talk women.With these guys its all business.Stay tuned.Been Rolling since 68 so I might know a guy who know a guy who is a cousin of a guy. And then again I might know somebody as a friend.Never ever give out your secrets.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: September 24, 2011 02:42

RRMan03
I will take a bet on any amount you want that there is going to be one more tour.No dates yet but plannig is underway.Things move slowly when its this big so save your money its not going to be cheap.They are all playing,all in pretty good shape right now and when they have a meeting which they just had its not to talk women.With these guys its all business.Stay tuned.Been Rolling since 68 so I might know a guy who know a guy who is a cousin of a guy. And then again I might know somebody as a friend.Never ever give out your secrets.

Can you please fill us in on Keith's recent playing.....

Posted by: RRMan03 ()
Date: September 24, 2011 02:56

He has actuallly been in the studio some working on an album. Expensive Wino's. It may or may not see the light of day. He can still play but not every night.This next tour will be a every 3-4 day gig tour. Hey they are 68-70.Could you do it at that age.Im close to that and in shape and let me tell you it take a lot of energy to play 2 hours.and Mick is just a freak of nature. Period.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: September 24, 2011 03:54

Well I heard Keith talking about the Wino's, but wasn't sure they were very active in the studio. I hope you are right.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 24, 2011 09:27

I wish Mickscarey would be the man to break the definitive news to us. He deserves it.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 24, 2011 09:31

And then Skipstone would pre-order the tickets for us!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 24, 2011 10:36

RRMan03
I might know a guy who know a guy who is a cousin of a guy

Cool smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: September 24, 2011 19:56

May be that's the reason why Mick is so careful in his answers about the future of the Stones

"And the painters are flocking to HBO from all directions: British television, traditional US networks, Hollywood. Martin Scorsese won an Emmy for directing the pilot episode of Boardwalk Empire. Industry rumours are rife of a forthcoming collaboration between Scorsese and Mick Jagger on the history of rock music."
[www.ft.com]

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: September 24, 2011 20:03

Naturalust
DragonSky
Naturalust
Gazza

There is absolutely no schedule conflict between SuperHeavy and what the Rolling Stones will or won't do.

You keep saying this Gazza. I have no idea what you are talking about. I want my stones NOW and yes they could be writing and recording a new record RIGHT NOW. How could you possibly say that SH is not a big distraction (at the least) possibly a road block (at the most) to getting our stones back together. I don't mind Mick trying to get his creative thing on whatever way he can, and I totally support collaboration and change but your contention here is baseless in my humble opinion. peace.

Because Gazza isn't being a idiot and a moron. What you want means nothing. ZERO. However in one aspect you are right - they "could be writing and recording a new record RIGHT NOW" - but they aren't and they won't soon either. With no Stones plans for 2011, how could SuperHeavy be a "distraction" and a "road block to getting" the Stones "back together"? If you "totally support collaboration and change" then your contention is worthless, like your so called "humble" opinion. War.

Wow the venom on this site amazes me. DragonSky? Now I get it , you are living in some bitter and miserable bubble of your own making, waiting for some fantasy to bring you out of the gloom. Keep your taunts and jibes to yourself is my advice. Those things have a way of coming around and knocking your teeth out. Althought I'm betting that between you and northernale combined you've still only got 1/2 a mouthful. Obviously you value my opinion or it wouldn't make you so mad. Chill out. peace.

You annoy me to the point of me saying something. Your humor lacks humor. Your little hippie points lack smarts. However, I will just leave it alone from now on. War.

Date: September 24, 2011 20:04

mtaylor
DragonSky
melillo

That made me laugh out loud! You're right. It would be way worse than it is now.

Date: September 24, 2011 20:07

Stoneage
I wish Mickscarey would be the man to break the definitive news to us. He deserves it.

He posted something the other day on some thread. Alas, it wasn't his one and only classic BS.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 25, 2011 00:08

DragonSky
mtaylor
DragonSky
melillo

That made me laugh out loud! You're right. It would be way worse than it is now.

the point of the post was that they stayed together not the results of dirty work, besides since dirty work they have had their biggest tours ever by far

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: September 25, 2011 00:22

Sighunt
Alright, suppose the Stones do actually tour next tour. As a long time fan, I love the Stones just as much as anybody, but I've had to stop and ask myself this question: Is it really worth paying exorbitant prices to see 70 year old guys play stale warhorses and whose musicianship has significantly deteriorated? UNLESS early concert reviews indicate that their shows are being played in small arenas with a different format (blues,rarities) AND the musicianship is of STELLAR order among the principal players, I am pretty confident that I will be staying home and buying a complimentary DVD of the tour just like I did for the Bigger Bang circus...

Some people who will buy the tickets won't look at it that way Sighunt, they will look at the fact they are seeing an incredibly legendary group on what may be their very last tour. Some people can afford the "exorbitant prices" as you say and won't quibble at all about it. They will look at it more as being part of history then the Rolling Stones just playing warhorses as 70 year old musicians. I'm not saying this to disagree with you about your choice of staying home, just that not every one will look at it the way you do. If they do tour, I hope you change your mind and end up going.

Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: September 25, 2011 00:36

RSbestbandever
Sighunt

Some people who will buy the tickets won't look at it that way Sighunt, they will look at the fact they are seeing an incredibly legendary group on what may be their very last tour. Some people can afford the "exorbitant prices" as you say and won't quibble at all about it. They will look at it more as being part of history then the Rolling Stones just playing warhorses as 70 year old musicians. I'm not saying this to disagree with you about your choice of staying home, just that not every one will look at it the way you do. If they do tour, I hope you change your mind and end up going.

Would people show up at Yankee Stadium to see a resurrected Babe Ruth step up to the plate one more time? Of course they would! Good point!

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1556
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home