Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Mick Jagger says the Rolling Stones won't tour next year in celebration of the band's 50th anniversary
Date: September 20, 2011 02:21

Leave it Rockman to post a picture of "The Queen of England" (Elton).

But really if you've done something for 50 years, wouldn't you tire of it. That's enough. It was good while it lasted

Re: Mick Jagger says the Rolling Stones won't tour next year in celebration of the band's 50th anniversary
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 20, 2011 02:29

But really if you've done something for 50 years, wouldn't you tire of it.

.... Yep good advice 21st ... time ya went and got a sex-change ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: marvpeck ()
Date: September 20, 2011 02:42

OK, well I have a different twist on this.

We've always asked would you go see the Stones without ...blank.

How about they leave Mick at home, hire a singer,
play theatres as a thank you to their fans,
and then call it a day.

I'd go see that.

Marv Peck

Y'all remember that rubber legged boy

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: September 20, 2011 03:12

marvpeck

and then call it a day.

I'd go see that.

next time you have an idea repeat this over an over in your head-i'm a dumbass and shouldnt share my thoughts with others,i'm a dumbass and shouldnt share my thoughts with others...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 20, 2011 03:15

marvpeck

and then call it a day.

I'd go see that.

So would I! They would have to be selling tickets pretty cheap to get people to that show!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 20, 2011 03:15

marvpeck

and then call it a day.

I'd go see that.

There'll be plenty of room for your beer, popcorn and skittles!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: September 20, 2011 03:25

marvpeck

and then call it a day.

I'd go see that.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: September 20, 2011 03:55

dont forget that after the 'band meeting' Keefs guitar tech Pierre de Beauport
posted a cryptic 'Its On' on his FB, before swiftly taking it down.

smoking smiley

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: September 20, 2011 04:31

Gazza
dcba
It's a schedule problem : can you launch SH in Sept.2011, promote the album all over the world, then record a Stones album and launch a world tour, all this within 12 months? No!

Yes. Easily. The promotional work for SH will be done and dusted in a couple of weeks. Most of it has been done already.

Take a quick trip back and check the timeframe between Jagger's previous solo ventures and the Stones tour that followed.

Besides, who says the Stones have to even RECORD a new album if they're going to tour? THAT part of the scenario is somewhat unlikely.

There is absolutely no schedule conflict between SuperHeavy and what the Rolling Stones will or won't do.

Gazza

Am I wrong or has Mick already stated there were no plans for a SH tour?

I doubt they will record new material for their 50th.

I would assume with all the Spiderman issues Cohl had, he'd welcome a 50th Anniversary tour.

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: September 20, 2011 11:23

Rolling Hansie
pgarof
what harm has been done except upsetting a few of the older iorr members.

OK, serious now. I do consider myself as one of the older members. And no harm is done indeed. And no, you didn't upset me. But I do find it very annoying when I open a "new" thread with an interesting subject, only to find out that it is not new, but something that has already been posted before in several other threads. So, please ...

OK, I'll keep all information sent to me to myself from now on, that should keep everyone happy.

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: September 20, 2011 12:19

Sam Spade
I would assume with all the Spiderman issues Cohl had, he'd welcome a 50th Anniversary tour.

Don't be sorry for Michael Cohl, Spiderman is a real success since this summer :
[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 20, 2011 12:58

pgarof
OK, I'll keep all information sent to me to myself from now on, that should keep everyone happy.

That's not what I posted. Please read my message again.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: September 20, 2011 13:29

Today the Sun writes - o.k. I know it's the Sun - that Georgia Jagger is keeping a clear diary for next summer in the hope to go on the road with the band.

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-20 15:57 by Phil Good.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 20, 2011 15:27

smiling smiley Mick has always been a good father. He will do anything to please his lovely daughter Georgia. So, YEEEAAAHHH, there will be a tour.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: September 20, 2011 15:55

Sam Spade
Gazza
dcba
It's a schedule problem : can you launch SH in Sept.2011, promote the album all over the world, then record a Stones album and launch a world tour, all this within 12 months? No!

Yes. Easily. The promotional work for SH will be done and dusted in a couple of weeks. Most of it has been done already.

Take a quick trip back and check the timeframe between Jagger's previous solo ventures and the Stones tour that followed.

Besides, who says the Stones have to even RECORD a new album if they're going to tour? THAT part of the scenario is somewhat unlikely.

There is absolutely no schedule conflict between SuperHeavy and what the Rolling Stones will or won't do.

Gazza

1. Am I wrong or has Mick already stated there were no plans for a SH tour?

2. I doubt they will record new material for their 50th.

3. I would assume with all the Spiderman issues Cohl had, he'd welcome a 50th Anniversary tour.

1. Correct. There never were plans,either.

2. I would guess they might do some songs for another hits album, but I wouldnt bet on a full-length CD.

3. Cohl may not be involved with a future Rolling Stones tour.

Date: September 20, 2011 16:32

Gazza
Sam Spade
Gazza
dcba

Gazza

1. Am I wrong or has Mick already stated there were no plans for a SH tour?

2. I doubt they will record new material for their 50th.

3. I would assume with all the Spiderman issues Cohl had, he'd welcome a 50th Anniversary tour.

1. Correct. There never were plans,either.

2. I would guess they might do some songs for another hits album, but I wouldnt bet on a full-length CD.

3. Cohl may not be involved with a future Rolling Stones tour.

Gazza

Wouldn't a promoter have to approach them first about a tour?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 20, 2011 16:40

[www.rollingstone.com]

This answer Jagger doesn't have to think about. "Don't hold your breath," he says softly. (The ice may be breaking – in early September the band was photographed leaving a meeting in London.)

Instead, he says, moving his chair out of the path of the sunlight streaming into the window of his hotel suite in Los Angeles, he's found himself "writing loads of these 12-bar blues songs, so I'm looking forward to doing something more in that vein."

There is still hope: writing blues songs - definately not for SH.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: September 20, 2011 16:58

mtaylor
[www.rollingstone.com]

This answer Jagger doesn't have to think about. "Don't hold your breath," he says softly. (The ice may be breaking – in early September the band was photographed leaving a meeting in London.)

Instead, he says, moving his chair out of the path of the sunlight streaming into the window of his hotel suite in Los Angeles, he's found himself "writing loads of these 12-bar blues songs, so I'm looking forward to doing something more in that vein."

There is still hope: writing blues songs - definately not for SH.

A bluesy back to basic Stones album would be very welcome. A remote possibility but stranger things have happened. September has been an active month so far on Stones-related news. With SG deluxe on the horizon, this will only increase. One thing gleaned from these interviews is that Mick is talking openly about writing material suited to the Stones. Maybe a new Stones album isn't as remote a possibility as most of us thought. It's shaping up to be an interesting autumn in Stonesland.

Date: September 20, 2011 18:49

Sam Spade
Gazza

not necessarily - after all, they're hiring the promoter. Not the other way round. It would be up to potential promoters to tender bids.

The Stones issued a statement earlier this year which confirmed that Cohl is no longer their representative or tour promoter as part of the (still pending) lawsuit between Cohl and Live Nation when both parties were reported as bidding on a Stones tour.

In light of recent reports surrounding the 'Breach of Contract' Court Case in America between Live Nation Entertainment and former Live Nation chairman Michael Cohl, The Rolling Stones wish to clarify their position regarding representation and touring," the statement reads. "Following the end of the 2007 'A Bigger Bang' world tour, The Rolling Stones became free from any contractual arrangements or agreements with Michael Cohl. He is neither their representative nor their tour promoter. Also the Stones confirmed today they have no firm plans to tour at this time." - Billboard

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 20, 2011 19:01

pgarof
Rolling Hansie
pgarof

OK, serious now. I do consider myself as one of the older members. And no harm is done indeed. And no, you didn't upset me. But I do find it very annoying when I open a "new" thread with an interesting subject, only to find out that it is not new, but something that has already been posted before in several other threads. So, please ...

Information sent to you? All you did was post a rehashed version of the same interview that was already posted 3 times. Yeah you got great sources.eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 20, 2011 19:09

Aaaaaaaarrggggg

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 20, 2011 19:16

@Max: you're a day too late smoking smiley

Date: September 20, 2011 19:19

Gazza
Sam Spade
Gazza

not necessarily - after all, they're hiring the promoter. Not the other way round. It would be up to potential promoters to tender bids.

The Stones issued a statement earlier this year which confirmed that Cohl is no longer their representative or tour promoter as part of the (still pending) lawsuit between Cohl and Live Nation when both parties were reported as bidding on a Stones tour.

In light of recent reports surrounding the 'Breach of Contract' Court Case in America between Live Nation Entertainment and former Live Nation chairman Michael Cohl, The Rolling Stones wish to clarify their position regarding representation and touring," the statement reads. "Following the end of the 2007 'A Bigger Bang' world tour, The Rolling Stones became free from any contractual arrangements or agreements with Michael Cohl. He is neither their representative nor their tour promoter. Also the Stones confirmed today they have no firm plans to tour at this time." - Billboard

Gazza

Yes, I remember that statement issued by the band but doesn't that mean they fulfilled their obligation to Cohl at the conclusion of the ABB tour? I mean, was he under retainer to the Stones, much like a Corporation keeps lawyers on retainer? Furthermore, doesn't Cohl have a new Company meaning both Live Nation and Cohl are free agents bidding on the opportunity to promote a 50th Anniversary tour. I know, I'm ignorant on the "inns and outs" of the Concert business.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 20, 2011 19:19

I believe (no source) they will only do a small number of gigs, so indeed no "tour". And that would explain the smile on Charlie's face after the meeting

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 20, 2011 19:27

Koen
@Max: you're a day too late smoking smiley
LOL.. aaaaarrrgggggg... pirates always be fashionably late... arrrggg smoking smiley

Posted by: phd ()
Date: September 20, 2011 20:03

I never thought of Jagger announcing to the fans in a paper like the Sun : sorry, but now it's over. He would have told that to The Guardian.

Date: September 20, 2011 20:10

Sam Spade
Gazza
Sam Spade
Gazza

Gazza

Yes, I remember that statement issued by the band but doesn't that mean they fulfilled their obligation to Cohl at the conclusion of the ABB tour? I mean, was he under retainer to the Stones, much like a Corporation keeps lawyers on retainer? Furthermore, doesn't Cohl have a new Company meaning both Live Nation and Cohl are free agents bidding on the opportunity to promote a 50th Anniversary tour. I know, I'm ignorant on the "inns and outs" of the Concert business.

I think that statement was more a case of them distancing themselves from him and waiting to see what happens when the dust settles in this case. I doubt he's still on a 'retainer' when they dont work for years on end. Its no longer a case where he's simply the biggest player, what with Live Nation and AEG emerging as major rivals in recent years.

The bottom line is that the Stones will have no qualms about going with whoever provides them with the best deal financially, regardless of what history they may have with a potential promoter. They had no qualms about dumping Bill Graham, and they'll think nothing of doing the same to Cohl. I think even the fact that they changed the company who ran their official website (the previous Ultrastar site was run by Cohl's son Jake) would suggest that he's unlikely to have much if any involvement on a future tour, but you never know, I suppose.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: September 20, 2011 20:11

pgarof
Rolling Hansie
pgarof

I enjoy your posts Pgarof, I hope you continue to share your info if possible.

Posted by: ImDeRankOutsider ()
Date: September 20, 2011 20:19

I was thinking that if the stones tour 2012 they'd have to do it with a fresh album. but they already got Exile bonus tracks and the upcoming SG. So to me thats halfway to seeing them next year.

Date: September 20, 2011 20:39

Gazza
Sam Spade
Gazza
Sam Spade
Gazza

Gazza

I think that statement was more a case of them distancing themselves from him and waiting to see what happens when the dust settles in this case. I doubt he's still on a 'retainer' when they dont work for years on end. Its no longer a case where he's simply the biggest player, what with Live Nation and AEG emerging as major rivals in recent years.

The bottom line is that the Stones will have no qualms about going with whoever provides them with the best deal financially, regardless of what history they may have with a potential promoter. They had no qualms about dumping Bill Graham, and they'll think nothing of doing the same to Cohl. I think even the fact that they changed the company who ran their official website (the previous Ultrastar site was run by Cohl's son Jake) would suggest that he's unlikely to have much if any involvement on a future tour, but you never know, I suppose.

Gazza

Thanks for the insight, I appreciate it.

Yeah, it all boils down to which promoter will give them the best financial deal, more than likely several million $$$ as an up front guarantee, not to mention the merchandise sales ( I still can see a "50th is Gold" gold glitter embossed lettering t-shirt, jacket, hats etc, someone on here mentioned a limited edition 14k gold lettering t-shirt, it wouldn't surprise me, I'm sure there would be some consumers willing to buy it)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-20 21:06 by Sam Spade.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1849
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home