Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Mick Jagger says the Rolling Stones won't tour next year in celebration of the band's 50th anniversary
Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: September 19, 2011 18:47

Make of this what you want

[www.freep.com]

Re: Mick Jagger says the Rolling Stones won't tour next year in celebration of the band's 50th anniversary
Posted by: marko ()
Date: September 19, 2011 19:08

I´m actually fine with this.It looks to me,that Mick is done with the band,unless a miracle happens.

Re: Mick Jagger says the Rolling Stones won't tour next year in celebration of the band's 50th anniversary
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: September 19, 2011 19:22

What a rediculous rehash of an article eye rolling smiley

>>Mick Jagger warned Rolling Stones fans Sunday that they might get no satisfaction next year...

...Richards hinted that he and Jagger were fine and the band was discussing plans to celebrate the 50-year mark.<<

they can't even make up their own mind in one and the same article! geeez!

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: September 19, 2011 19:26

Seems the headline to this should be 'might not' instead of won't tour.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: September 19, 2011 19:30

If I were Mick I'd be so fecking tired of everyone and their mother asking me about a Stones tour when I'm out promoting the one project I care about...I'd rather just say "no, we're not touring. Period. Let's move on"

Mick doesn't have to apologize to anyone for lying when they come around and announce a tour next year...

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: September 19, 2011 20:09

Sounds like PR to me, keep the name in the news. Let's be real.....nobody gives a flying F*** about "Super Heavy" and Mick can't help himself, he lives for the limelight. His shoice would be to tour behind a major flop like "Super Heavy" more aptly named "Super Crap" and go out on a bad note and prove everything Keith said in his book to be correct.....egotistical, self interested douche bag, Or, he could do the right thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-19 20:10 by Woz.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: September 19, 2011 20:14

Say no---We won't tour...Let everyone talk about how sad it is the Stones are fighting..
And then Release a album and then tour....

All pr to build excitement for another big $$$ tour...imo..

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 19, 2011 20:20

pgarof
Make of this what you want

[www.freep.com]

He doesn't say it at all.

No offence, but you do realise that this (and others posted in recent days) is just the same interview that was published a week ago which has just been regurgitated and re-edited with a bit of 'spin' for the sake of a dramatic headline?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 19, 2011 20:21

It's a schedule problem : can you launch SH in Sept.2011, promote the album all over the world, then record a Stones album and launch a world tour, all this within 12 months? No!

If they tour they'll hit the road in 2013 (50th anniversary of their 1st single). That'll give Mick plenty of time to enjoy his SH escapade, write a few more songs, hit the studio with Keith and Rick Rubin and record the band's final album which hopefully will be on par with "Time Out Of Mind" (= the great record by a 60's legend everyone had written off after 4 pitiful discs...).

Good luck Mick!

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: September 19, 2011 20:25

That Super Heavy will be a Super Flop. There will be no tour, there will be an advertising blitz and the record will see about 17 copies. Stones tour is on for next year, of that I have no doubt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-19 20:27 by Woz.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: September 19, 2011 20:27

hot stuff
Say no---We won't tour...Let everyone talk about how sad it is the Stones are fighting..
And then Release a album and then tour....

All pr to build excitement for another big $$$ tour...imo..

Indeed, Stones Inc. SOP. The more Mick talks the more convinced I become of a full-blown multi-leg Stones tour (2012-14) with longer breaks in between shows like maybe 2-3 shows a week. Also, some kind of new material released as album or part of a TTY or 40 Licks type of project seems like much more a possibility than it was a few weeks or months ago. Or maybe since he's writing with Charlie, we'll wind up with a Jagger/Watts Project release (LOL). But seriously, Jagger and the Stones are creatures of habit so a repeat of the process in regards to tour/new material will be what we've seen since '89 more than likely. It would be great if they changed it up some though. Will be nice to possibly hear "Fiji Jim," "Do You Think I Really Care," or other SG outtakes live for the first time.

Date: September 19, 2011 20:41

dcba
It's a schedule problem : can you launch SH in Sept.2011, promote the album all over the world, then record a Stones album and launch a world tour, all this within 12 months? No!

Yes. Easily. The promotional work for SH will be done and dusted in a couple of weeks. Most of it has been done already.

Take a quick trip back and check the timeframe between Jagger's previous solo ventures and the Stones tour that followed.

Besides, who says the Stones have to even RECORD a new album if they're going to tour? THAT part of the scenario is somewhat unlikely.

There is absolutely no schedule conflict between SuperHeavy and what the Rolling Stones will or won't do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-19 20:41 by Gazza.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: September 19, 2011 20:56

Jagger is smart...with a world wide recession going on ,looking like its getting worse he will wait...reality

Date: September 19, 2011 21:21

I doubt he's prepared to wait until about 2018, though

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: September 19, 2011 21:29

open-g
What a rediculous rehash of an article eye rolling smiley

>>Mick Jagger warned Rolling Stones fans Sunday that they might get no satisfaction next year...

...Richards hinted that he and Jagger were fine and the band was discussing plans to celebrate the 50-year mark.<<

they can't even make up their own mind in one and the same article! geeez!

If Mick warned Stones fans then that means the watch has expired. He's treating us like we're some kind of weather!

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: September 19, 2011 21:30

marko
I´m actually fine with this.It looks to me,that Mick is done with the band,unless a miracle happens.

Maybe the Stones need a...oh nevermind. You left that one totally wide open. On purpose I hope.

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: September 19, 2011 23:14

I agree - it is all economics. 50th or not. Unfortunatly time is NOT on their side.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 19, 2011 23:18

Gazza
this (and others posted in recent days) is just the same interview that was published a week ago which has just been regurgitated and re-edited with a bit of 'spin' for the sake of a dramatic headline?

Indeed Gazza. But it seems that only a few people see this.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: September 19, 2011 23:41

I see that point too. The band, the press, everyone trying to create a buzz regardless of what happens. It does makes sense thought, in this day and age (and while our attention spans continually decrease) that in order for them to get this bea$t rolling again they need more than ever to see if people still care.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 19, 2011 23:48

Rolling Hansie
Gazza
this (and others posted in recent days) is just the same interview that was published a week ago which has just been regurgitated and re-edited with a bit of 'spin' for the sake of a dramatic headline?

Indeed Gazza. But it seems that only a few people see this.
No,everybody thinks tehy're posting the most latest,greatest,never heard of before fabulous breaking news about teh Rolling Stones and need to start fifteen different threads about it. When in reality it's just more recyled dog crap for the fifteenth time.

Date: September 19, 2011 23:48

The Stones have always been good a media speculation, right back form when ALO was their manager. He always said just do anything to get in the press, even make things happen to get a story, and that's what they have always done. Everyone is buzzing now just waiting for snippets of news and it will as always be blown out of proportion and then when everyone is on the edge of their seats they will anounce a tour (in theory)

Date: September 19, 2011 23:52

So that means its worthwhile starting a new thread each time some idiot journalist makes a mountain out of a molehill and repeats the same misleading and often fictitious crap ?

Why give these people an ounce of credibility?

Date: September 19, 2011 23:58

No, it's not worth starting new threads really but... what harm has been done except upsetting a few of the older iorr members.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 20, 2011 01:23

ROCKMAN

Date: September 20, 2011 01:26

pgarof
No, it's not worth starting new threads really but... what harm has been done except upsetting a few of the older iorr members.

Watch it, you! angry smiley

Date: September 20, 2011 01:42

sweetcharmedlife
in reality it's just more recyled dog crap for the fifteenth time.

Yes, another one who gets it. Cool, thanks smiling smiley

-------------------

Date: September 20, 2011 01:43

pgarof
No, it's not worth starting new threads

Good, then don't. WOW, that was easy eh ?

-------------------

Date: September 20, 2011 01:49

pgarof
what harm has been done except upsetting a few of the older iorr members.

OK, serious now. I do consider myself as one of the older members. And no harm is done indeed. And no, you didn't upset me. But I do find it very annoying when I open a "new" thread with an interesting subject, only to find out that it is not new, but something that has already been posted before in several other threads. So, please ...

-------------------

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: September 20, 2011 02:00

calm down-when the stones have a band meeting it means 3 things

1.clear your schedules next year
2.we're gonna be recording
3 we're gonna be touring

do you guys think you're dealing with children here?

when they have a band meeting thats when the air is cleared and the plan is set in place.keith probably told mick he was sorry for the knock and they moved on...
book,pirates movie,superheavy,current artists using micks name,blah blah blah...it keeps their names out there and adds to their legend and notoriety. thats all they care about because at the end of the day all any of them really care about is one thing-THE ROLLING STONES

its funny watching mick not tip his hand,keeping the keith thing going and being evasive about a tour.he's got a tell in his game though,you just have to pay attention.if you're not gonna be working with the stones mick,why you working on songs with charlie? who's guitar sound do you have in mind for those new tunes?

Date: September 20, 2011 02:03

lem motlow
calm down

smiling smiley I am calm

-------------------

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1757
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home