Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Temple of the Dog
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 21, 2016 10:59

Temple of the Dog to tour for 1st time ever. 5 dates only. I got tickets for the last show in Seattle (November 20) yesterday. They are playing a 3000 seat theater here. It will be Pearl Jam with Chris Cornell on vocals in a hall that small. I'm pretty certain Eddie Vedder will show up. I'm very excited about this one!

[www.rollingstone.com]

Re: OT: Temple of the Dog
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 21, 2016 14:28

Congratulations and please tell us how you manage to get tickets for all these hot shows (Iggy/Homme TOTD). grinning smiley

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: July 21, 2016 18:28

It's a very good album, and Chris Cornell is a pretty amazing singer. I may try to make the Tower/Phili show! I've already seen Soundgarden live, so I know it will kick ass!

Date: July 22, 2016 10:04

dcba
Congratulations and please tell us how you manage to get tickets for all these hot shows (Iggy/Homme TOTD). grinning smiley

I subscribe to email lists from my favorite bands & all of the venues & promoters in town. Then I pay attention! Sometimes dumb luck is involved. I was signing off & checked my gmail Wednesday & saw an email from Soundgarden. Opened it up to find tix were on sale NOW. Needless to say, I jumped on it. It was close though, almost missed it. The general on sale is a week from today. Sadly, another factor is I qualify for disabled seating. Not always a factor but there have been some shows where that has been a good thing. I would give anything not to have that distinction though.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 23, 2016 00:07

crholmstrom
another factor is I qualify for disabled seating. Not always a factor but there have been some shows where that has been a good thing. I would give anything not to have that distinction though.

Yeah you've told us about your condition. I hope you'll be able to find a cure for it. At least find solace in the fact that you have great taste in music (NIN Pop/Homme among others).
You could be a fan of Kid Rock and Korn, that would be bad! grinning smiley

Date: July 23, 2016 06:29

I can't wait for the deluxe release

Date: July 23, 2016 10:57

dcba
crholmstrom
another factor is I qualify for disabled seating. Not always a factor but there have been some shows where that has been a good thing. I would give anything not to have that distinction though.

Yeah you've told us about your condition. I hope you'll be able to find a cure for it. At least find solace in the fact that you have great taste in music (NIN Pop/Homme among others).
You could be a fan of Kid Rock and Korn, that would be bad! grinning smiley

Thanks. It is getting harder for me to go to shows. I've got a bunch of good stuff coming up but I'm having to pick & choose more all the time. Between now & November:
Jeff Beck!
Guided by Voices
Wilco (2 nights, with some unreal luck front row both nights!)
Ray LaMontagne with My Morning Jacket as his band
Tears for Fears (more for my friend but I've always liked them)
Drive-by Truckers
Temple of the Dog

Pearl Jam proper hasn't done a Seattle show for the 25th anniversary yet. I've got a feeling something is coming. + I'm going to the 1st 2 regular season Seahawk games while its still warm out. So, if I'm going out, I'm going out with a bang! Still hoping the Stones play here around Oldchella. I looked at the Vegas show but I couldn't commit that much cash due to some things that are going on. There's a chance I may have to be off work for awhile & I really try not to be stupid. In a perfect world, I'd be going to England in late November for the Cure @ Wembley. The 2 Cure shows I saw in May were the best I've experienced in a real long time. I've become involved with Cure fan community & have watched some more shows via Periscope. They have been fantastic & no 2 shows are the same. Have to work today & hopefully will be listening to the Cure from Australia @ work. Thank you for the compliment about my musical tastes. I try to keep an open mind & listen to a lot of different stuff. Cheers!smileys with beer

Date: November 5, 2016 14:39

news about last night's temple of the dog show in philly. not bad for a first gig! no eddie vedder but some very interesting cover versions. lot of clips on the article & it looks like most of the show is up on youtube already. i'm still thinking we are going to get eddie vedder in seattle. he should be over his world series hangover in 2 weeks. can't wait!

[consequenceofsound.net]

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 5, 2016 20:34

I'm gonna guess Eddie will be at MSG. Just seems like too big a venue for him NOT to be at. The other places are smaller I think. Looks like a good setlist. Love the covers! Jump Into The Fire, Quicksand, Achilles Last Stand, War Pigs and a Syd Barrett song?! Well done guys. Way to keep it fun and surprising.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: November 5, 2016 20:54

pearl jam are really what a rock and roll band should be all about.

they never "managed their career" as if to pull every move to be more famous and make more money-the fckrs just got out there and played.
and they work- on the road every year with tickets their fans can afford and playing the songs people want to hear rather than putting a hits package together to justify some idiot priced tickets.

hats off to pearl jam...rock and roll the way it should be.

Date: November 5, 2016 21:00

RollingFreak
I'm gonna guess Eddie will be at MSG. Just seems like too big a venue for him NOT to be at. The other places are smaller I think. Looks like a good setlist. Love the covers! Jump Into The Fire, Quicksand, Achilles Last Stand, War Pigs and a Syd Barrett song?! Well done guys. Way to keep it fun and surprising.

not to mention the Cure!!!!hot smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1855
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home