Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Idea for 50th Anniversary Album
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 18, 2011 17:33

We've talked about bringing back Bill and Mick Taylor, but how about a couple of updated out-takes with Brian on them. Maybe something like The Beatles did with John Lennon. Could be a great celebration of all Stones. I think there's a variety of possibility next year.

Re: Idea for 50th Anniversary Album
Posted by: RaahenTiikeri ()
Date: September 19, 2011 01:03

50 licks

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: September 19, 2011 04:47

Do something like The Black Crowes did on their last one. Challenge themselves and play the new album live in a small place with a small audience. Work out the songs until they are ready to go then release. Stick to Blues and R& B covers and some originals that are along the same genre.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: September 19, 2011 06:01

whitem8
Do something like The Black Crowes did on their last one. Challenge themselves and play the new album live in a small place with a small audience. Work out the songs until they are ready to go then release. Stick to Blues and R& B covers and some originals that are along the same genre.

There's potential in that idea for The Stones rather like previous IORR discussions of Jack White or Rick Rubin producing their next one. It's time to take chances.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 19, 2011 06:08

A boxed set of live albums... Including a live album of their final shows in London.

Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: September 19, 2011 06:16

whitem8

Now were talkin!smileys with beer

Date: September 19, 2011 06:48

I am just not sure they have the energy or desire to really put in the work that would entail. Watch Cabin Fever by the Crowes, shows how they did it. And really the template is Let it Be, but not the break up part!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 19, 2011 07:03

We'll be lucky to get Mick and Keith in a room for two weeks to write songs. Then they'll bang it out in the studio and maybe we'll get a decent song or two and the rest will be as forgettable as the last 3 albums. At least that's been the trend. It wouldn't do any good to have Bill be on a cut unless he was there, with Keith, with Charlie, through the whole process. That phone in crap they all did on the Boogie With Stu cut was disrespectful to Stu.

It seems anymore that Keith wants to sound like the past and Mick wants to be in the present. It's hard to imagine how they could pull off anything original sounding. I'd like to hear more blues, but who knows what we'll get.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: September 19, 2011 09:13

24FPS
We'll be lucky to get Mick and Keith in a room for two weeks to write songs. Then they'll bang it out in the studio and maybe we'll get a decent song or two and the rest will be as forgettable as the last 3 albums. At least that's been the trend. It wouldn't do any good to have Bill be on a cut unless he was there, with Keith, with Charlie, through the whole process. That phone in crap they all did on the Boogie With Stu cut was disrespectful to Stu.

It seems anymore that Keith wants to sound like the past and Mick wants to be in the present. It's hard to imagine how they could pull off anything original sounding. I'd like to hear more blues, but who knows what we'll get.

I like the back to basics thing like the Black Crowes or a Jack White or Rick Rubin produced disc which would probably suit Keith's sensibilities but if they could go the Mick route and 'rip-off,' for lack of a gentler term(sampling?), current musical trends as well as they did with Some Girls in 78 that would be something.

Some Girls did Punk and Disco as good as anyone in 78 and they had other popular musical genres performed equally as well on that one. Every track was very, very good.

I doubt that they could pull of a Some Girls 2011/12 though. They spend so little time together.

The back to basics would probably be the most doable. I want both.

Date: September 19, 2011 09:49

I think that it would be great to celebrate the 50th Anniversary with an all blues album, maybe a 2 disc package - after all, that is the Stones true roots and where it all started.
It would also be cool to have some of the old blues legends (Clapton, Chuck Berry, Buddy Guy, etc.) play on some of the tracks if they could get some of them to contribute. Add some classic blues covers combined with some new blues songs. Maybe along the idea of George Thorogood's recent blues tribute album - 2120 South Michigan Ave - great album by the way.
As an interesting collectors item, the album could have a companion DVD featuring great Stones performances with some of the blues legends and include a nice glossy retrospective souvenir book.

Are you listening, Mick and the band? I'm sure that I am not the only one who has this on their wish list.

Date: September 19, 2011 12:14

Really like the idea of Chuck Berry and others joining in. I like the new Thorogood album also. Great version of 2120 S. Michigan Ave. And "going back" is rockin' hard!

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: September 19, 2011 12:17

Flowers No 2 with outtages from Between the buttons and Beggars Banquet...

that's my idea of a 50th Anniversary Album...

2 1 2 0

Date: September 19, 2011 13:40

Yeah, I would be cool with a disc of blues stuff, but I don't want a bunch of guest stars, other than Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor. Other than that is is like the fading stars that need guest stars to restart a career. This is different and should be The Stones getting back to their basics and that would take Mick and Keith to actually sit down and start actually writing together, and working together in a combined effort, of likes of which we have not seen in a long time.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: September 19, 2011 13:51

Make it a true group effort, & let Mick, Keith, Ronnie, Bill & Mick T sing two songs each, as well as two instrumentals featuring Charlie drum solos.

Or maybe not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-19 13:51 by Sleepy City.

Date: September 19, 2011 15:13

Charlie could have a song that features the drums up front. Could be kind of jazzy. There is so many opportunities. Are you listening Stones management?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1908
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home