Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9
Will The Rolling Stones ever perform live again?
Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 28, 2016 21:54

I have said it again and again since 2012... You need to go to a Stones show NOW if you want to see them live. Don't wait until later. May be there will be no more later.

Several sources do say this was the last time they played live in North America. May be. May be not.

May be they will do a few shows in Europe next year. May be they want to do something in Africa and India. May be. May be not.

The great shows The Rolling Stones have been performing over the years since 2012 and all the way up to now prove the fact that they are still relevant, but please do not take their live shows for granted.

Yes, star crossed in pleasure the stream flows on by
Yes, as we're sated in leisure, we watch it fly
And time waits for no one, and it won't wait for me

Bjornulf

Re: Will The Rolling Stones ever perform live again?
Date: October 28, 2016 21:58

why would they not tour to support these new studio albums?

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: October 28, 2016 22:02

They have new children at home...

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 28, 2016 22:03

OK i think this post belongs here.

Do you not think they will play some blues from the new album to promote it, would be cool if they play 4 or 5 new tracks in a studio setting, perhaps they may play the whole album, better still to a live audience.
The boys seem to be getting along well, i would think to play these songs live is par for the course.

Next year who knows, another 15 date tour to include a few (by then) well known singles from the album, it's Europe's turn now , where tickets usually sell out in just a few hours.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 28, 2016 22:05

I could probably do a quick few shows in Europe, but Africa!!??

Me thinks that's Bjornulf's Nordic sense of humor. grinning smiley

I am a little sad that I couldn't make it out to Vegas, but I'm not losing sleep over it. Just wasn't in the stars...maybe I'll get lucky and they'll decide they have to do MSG one more time...would love to see them in NYC.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: October 28, 2016 22:08

I think the band is getting tired due to aging.Sure I'd love to see em again in America but that is another story.We will have to wait til next year to find out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-28 22:10 by babyblue.

Date: October 28, 2016 22:11

bv
I have said it again and again since 2012... You need to go to a Stones show NOW if you want to see them live. Don't wait until later. May be there will be no more later.

Several sources do say this was the last time they played live in North America. May be. May be not.

May be they will do a few shows in Europe next year. May be they want to do something in Africa and India. May be. May be not.

The great shows The Rolling Stones have been performing over the years since 2012 and all the way up to now prove the fact that they are still relevant, but please do not take their live shows for granted.

Why do i get the feeling you know something we don't know lol
It's not like you to be negative BV, i get the impression from this thread that this could be the last tour from the boys.
Hopefully you will tell me i'm completely wrong about this.
Time certainly waits for no one, not even our Mick and Keith.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 28, 2016 22:17

On the opening VIP night of exhibitionism in London earlier this year Mick did say when being interviewed that they will probably play in London again.
Obviously ideas and plans can change but I can't see them at least not playing in London unless someone is not in good health.

Nate

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 28, 2016 22:18

Hard to believe they will never go back to NYC.

If this is true, I suspect the reason is that Charlie is done.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-28 22:22 by Send It To me.

Posted by: NedKellyBandit ()
Date: October 28, 2016 22:24

I think I read a few months ago that they will close the circle in London - their hometown - one day. Maybe they will do it next year. I hope to see them one more time next year in europe.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 28, 2016 22:29

...makes you wonder if their resurrection of "Mixed Emotions" had a deeper meaning...mixed emotions about retirement?

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: October 28, 2016 22:30

stones should have stopped after cuba, that was the highlight of s.america tour. i suppose they touring to pay for new born babies of ronnie and mick's baby too coming,need money for nappies and nannies too not cheap. Well that rock-roll.

Date: October 28, 2016 22:32

Nate
On the opening VIP night of exhibitionism in London earlier this year Mick did say when being interviewed that they will probably play in London again.
Obviously ideas and plans can change but I can't see them at least not playing in London unless someone is not in good health.

Nate

That's what i'm thinking, is one of them not well, i'm sure this 3 date tour would have originally had intentions for more shows, since when have the Stones got together and rehearsed for just a handful of concerts, it makes no sense, and even less sense to stop just as they are hitting their stride, even Keith was on fire since the 2nd desert show. It's unusual for Keith to get this fluid just after the starting blocks so early on, what a missed opportunity , the guys had the momentum going.

Date: October 28, 2016 22:40

bv

And it all ended with a great Mick Taylor solo. That would be a worthy end for the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: October 28, 2016 22:40

I'd always hoped for a sit-down mostly blues tour. Still do. (I'd take an hour long TV concert in that format.)

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 28, 2016 22:46

kish_stoned
stones should have stopped after cuba, that was the highlight of s.america tour. i suppose they touring to pay for new born babies of ronnie and mick's baby too coming,need money for nappies and nannies too not cheap. Well that rock-roll.

Yeah sure Mick said to Charlie I need a few million more for my kid and Charlie said yeah sure let's go.

Pathetic

Nate

Date: October 28, 2016 22:47

Some have completely unrealistic views on the Stones. Like they must play USA every year. They played USA in 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016...

I am not sure if they have a plan, really. There is a plan where they have been touring the world, for sure. At one point I said they should play Cuba, I think it is many years since I said it, and this year they played Cuba.

Now they have done the world. All parts. North America, South America, Asia, Oseania including Australia and New Zealand. And Europe. Don't forget the Stones are a band from Europe, more specific UK, more specific England, more specific London.

They are missing Africa and India basically. If you have ever collected stamps, coins, or anything that need to be completed, you easily see that Africa and India is missing. Just like Istanbul, Havana, San Juan, Peru, Hong Kong, Shanghai etc are parts of this puzzle. Not much missing now. Just Africa, India, Europe. And London. The traceback.

Bjornulf

Date: October 28, 2016 22:47

Send It To me
Hard to believe they will never go back to NYC.

If this is true, I suspect the reason is that Charlie is done.

If Charlie is done as you put it, would Mick and Keith replace him this late in the day. Its a question i have been asking myself for years, i actually think they would, we have seen recently what Mick and Keith will do for more money.
I for one wouldn't hold it against them if they carried on without Charlie, they are a bit younger than him, and obviously still really enjoy playing live.
Look at the Who, only two original members left and they are having a blast.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: October 28, 2016 22:48

TheflyingDutchman
Ant it all ended with a great Mick Taylor solo. That would be a worthy end for the Rolling Stones.

Come on please...eye rolling smiley

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: October 28, 2016 22:49

As BV would say (and did say), you never know. Still, it would seem odd to me that their closest friends wouldn't be at at a farewell, even a farewell to the U.S. They're secretive, but not that secretive. When they finished the Bigger Bang tour in London, that was treated as a possible farewell. On the other hand, Mick and Keith do seem very nostalgic. I think this entire "tour" was only created around the staggering offer Goldenvoice made for Desert Trip, and any talk of a "tour" around these shows was tenuous. The private events helped pay the cast and crew for lost money that could have been made doing more shows.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: October 28, 2016 22:51

Of course they will be back in 2017.
New children want to be fed, so The Rolling Stones have to make some money.

Date: October 28, 2016 22:52

HMS
Of course they will be back in 2017.
New children want to be fed, so The Rolling Stones have to make some money.

thumbs upsmileys with beer Lets hope so.

Date: October 28, 2016 23:00

HMS
TheflyingDutchman
Ant it all ended with a great Mick Taylor solo. That would be a worthy end for the Rolling Stones.

Come on please...eye rolling smiley

"Come On" was a Chuck Berry cover, and albeit a good one it cannot beat a genuine Stones song a la "Time Waits For No One". Capiche?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 28, 2016 23:00

Have faith ... they will return ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 28, 2016 23:06

latebloomer
a quick few shows in Europe, but Africa!!??

Havana has proven a "3rd world" show configuration might work : a very large number of punters (1 mil or more?) and a very low admittance fee (5 USD) might do the trick?
I'm sure that between harvesting the same old same old European markets and exploring new grounds in Africa or India Jagger will definitely choose the latter.
After all he wanted to "conquer" China as early as 1979...

Date: October 28, 2016 23:10

Several Sources....who were the sources besides Mr Kraft?

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: October 28, 2016 23:10

bv
Some have completely unrealistic views on the Stones.

...and the Stones haves completely unrealistics views on their audience. They just see $$$$$.

Date: October 28, 2016 23:17

Was a strange way for them to leave the US.

They really need to do a Good Bye Tour

2 in Calif

2 in Chicago

2 in New York

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-28 23:21 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Date: October 28, 2016 23:23

In the mean while....where is the best place to price flights from the United States to London

LONDON CALLING....GO AHEAD LONDON

LONDON CALLING....GO AHEAD LONDON

Actually for real....where?

Date: October 28, 2016 23:25

I have been following The Rolling Stones close since 1971. Over the years there have been times I have spend more time on Stones than on family and friends. That is still the situation. What I do know is that they will not tour forever. I talk to hundreds of close friends and contacts on tours and off tours. I never say anything based on one or a few sources.

They might still do a few shows in selected places, may be even in North America, but as time go by, the touring days will be over. It is sad for many, because The Rolling Stones are part of our lives, but I just want to prepare people. Let us cross our fingers and hope Mick and Keith and Charlie and Ronnie wake up one morning and call each other and arrange for another tour, another show, another tour, another tour...

Bjornulf

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1390
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home