Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Lisa Fischer on fall tour ?
Posted by: HappyRambler ()
Date: September 20, 2016 10:24

Maybe it's posted already but does anyone know if Lisa Fischer is on board again for the fall tour ?
if yes, then great !
If not, why ?

Re: Lisa Fischer on fall tour ?
Posted by: John1982 ()
Date: September 20, 2016 10:33

I don't think that she's on board. She has got some tour dates schedule for the same time, though none of the dates is on the same day the stones are playing. But she's scheduled to play in South Africa on October, 8th. That would not work out with the first desert trip show.

Date: September 20, 2016 10:46

Posted by: HappyRambler ()
Date: September 20, 2016 11:54

She's in back from the Voodoo Lounge period.
I can't believe that only her schedule is keeping her from being with the Stones again.
Some thougts about this ?

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: September 20, 2016 12:27

Lisa used to be great but her voice ain't what it used to be. Sasha added some fresh vibes. Maybe the Stones would do well to rotate more of the backing players out and add some fresh blood to the mix. I get the feeling that whoever may come and go, we're stuck with Chuck...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: September 20, 2016 12:32

She will never return (just like MT).
I think the Stones wanted a younger singer after all these years. Younger, less weight, better voice. They got what they wanted. Lisa Fischer didn´t fit the Stones´ image anymore so she has to be replaced. Look at her and listen to her in 1994 and then in 2015 - cleary to see and hear that Mick didn´t want to go on like that.

Date: September 20, 2016 12:38

HMS
I think the Stones wanted a younger singer after all these years. Younger, less weight, better voice. They got what they wanted. Lisa Fischer didn´t fit the Stones´ image anymore so she has to be replaced. Look at her and listen to her in 1994 and then in 2015 - cleary to see and hear that Mick didn´t want to go on like that.

What about Keith's paunch. Will Mick let him go, too? winking smiley

Date: September 20, 2016 13:38

Watch out, Keithsmiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: September 20, 2016 13:48

Sasha Allen already posted "So glad to be joining them in the desert!!" on her facebook together with a video snippet of her and Mick doing GS.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 20, 2016 15:00

DandelionPowderman
HMS

And Bernard is definitely not as slim as he used to be...guess he's on the chopping block too.

What weird theories people come up with...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 20, 2016 15:29

HMS
Nonsense.
Lisa has commented several times that it was her decision to cut ties and focus full time on her solo.. Twenty feet from Stardom was the catalyst. The only similarity to MT is that yes, like everywhere, once you quit a job they usually hire a new person and it's then their job.. Not rocket science. There is still plenty of love for and by Lisa.

Date: September 20, 2016 16:38

HonkeyTonkFlash
Lisa used to be great but her voice ain't what it used to be. Sasha added some fresh vibes. Maybe the Stones would do well to rotate more of the backing players out and add some fresh blood to the mix. I get the feeling that whoever may come and go, we're stuck with Chuck...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I can confirm that there is nothing wrong with her voice today smiling smiley

However, singing the same song for decades might do something with your motivation...

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: September 20, 2016 16:57

DandelionPowderman
HonkeyTonkFlash

I can confirm that there is nothing wrong with her voice today smiling smiley

However, singing the same song for decades might do something with your motivation...

I'm sure that she can still sing very well, but it seemed to me in recent years - for example - her spotlight section on Gimme Shelter was less powerful than on earlier tours and she seemed to have trouble reaching the high notes that once seemed so effortless....And not to beat a dead horse but I always preferred the Stones with NO professional backup singers. Gimme Keith and Ronnie wailing away with glorious abandon any day. But I know and concede that those days are gone once and for all time...

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Date: September 20, 2016 17:27

MisterDDDD

Nonsense.
Lisa has commented several times that it was her decision to cut ties and focus full time on her solo..

Of course she wouldn´t go around and tell everybody "They´ve dumped me." Imo, it was Mick´s decision to get her out because of age, looks and vocal qualities. At her age it will be difficult to "start" a career. I wish her luck anyway, but it will not be easy. Probably she will do tiny clubs like MT does nowadays.

Adding new blood to refresh things a little is no bad idea, Sasha & Karl are a fresh breeze. Maybe Bernard is next in line.

Date: September 20, 2016 18:05

HMS
MisterDDDD

Nonsense.
Lisa has commented several times that it was her decision to cut ties and focus full time on her solo..

Of course she wouldn´t go around and tell everybody "They´ve dumped me." Imo, it was Mick´s decision to get her out because of age, looks and vocal qualities. At her age it will be difficult to "start" a career. I wish her luck anyway, but it will not be easy. Probably she will do tiny clubs like MT does nowadays.

Adding new blood to refresh things a little is no bad idea, Sasha & Karl are a fresh breeze. Maybe Bernard is next in line.

More negative speculative nonsense.
She had just won an Emmy and had been selling out many shows.
But by all means, vilify her and MJ then "wish her luck".

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 20, 2016 18:50

Sasha tweeted earlier today that she landed in LA.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: September 20, 2016 19:10

If we accept that the "lads" are at the endgame then maybe Lisa just wanted to get out on her own terms? And do her own thing. And sing a new song both literally and metaphorically.

Date: September 20, 2016 19:27

She had all the time in the world to have a career of her own in between Stones-tours ever since the late 80s. So why leave now, that doesn´t make any sense. I do not believe she went on her own because she feels the ship is sinking. No, Mick told her to go, I´m sure.

Date: September 20, 2016 19:42

Her and Mick's sincere words and actions vs your suspicions.
Tough call drinking smiley

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: September 20, 2016 20:52

Yep, she has gone the way of Blondie....

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 20, 2016 21:26

Did she use a "wig" on the last tour?

She has had short hair the last many years.

Just saw her (YouTube) on the Tina Turner Tour 2000 / 2009 tours.
She was great.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: September 20, 2016 22:06

So much nastiness and bullshit speculation this thread. Lisa capitalized on her prominent place in an Oscar winning movie so she bailed to make more money on her own. There is no controversy here.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: September 20, 2016 22:34

keefriff99
DandelionPowderman
HMS

And Bernard is definitely not as slim as he used to be...guess he's on the chopping block too.

What weird theories people come up with...

Not that it necessarily has anything to do with that in this case, but in terms of weight, it's a completely different world out there for women than for men.

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: September 20, 2016 23:26

HMS
MisterDDDD

Nonsense.

Adding new blood to refresh things a little is no bad idea, Sasha & Karl are a fresh breeze. Maybe
Bernard is next in line.[/

How do you know these things? People being fired because they gained weight? Body shaming? Mick wanted young and sexy to match the bands image? Come on. Sasha could be his grand daughter. Lisa probably wanted out to start her own career before the end. Her voice is still great. No longer having to scream rape and murder and hit a high note as well. They are all old men now and it shows. Always negative judgements on someones looks, body or talent. I usually skip over your sour criticism because its always negative. But Lisa does not deserve it. You should say these are your opinions and NOT fact.Unless Mick Jagger tells you personally why people are dumped.

Date: September 21, 2016 00:19

BamaStone
Yep, she has gone the way of Blondie....

No.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: September 21, 2016 00:58

Lisa seemed to me to have the opportunity to build (again) a career for herself, not as a valued support singer for the Stones.

Who knows how long the Stones will continue - its an uncertain career as a professional performer without that added risk. My guess is that Lisa decided to grab the opportunity, which was in part created by that movie Twenty Feet from Stardom.

I loved Lisa's contribution for the Stones over 2 decades. Nothing to do with age or image or body image. I also live Sasha's. Lets wish them both the very best. xx

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 21, 2016 01:49

Lisa had enough of the Stones after 25 years, since her last show with them (July 2015) she had a busy schedule, over 32 shows already booked from October to March.

Posted by: sangfreud ()
Date: September 21, 2016 03:40

lots of women singers put on weight intentionally as they get older because it helps them project. "it ain't over 'til the fat lady sings." there's a reason all those opera singers are heavy.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: September 21, 2016 04:28

sangfreud
lots of women singers put on weight intentionally as they get older because it helps them project. "it ain't over 'til the fat lady sings." there's a reason all those opera singers are heavy.

.......wow..........

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: September 21, 2016 05:10

Cooltoplady
sangfreud

.......wow..........

I know, right..retards.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1847
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home