Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Europe 2017 – Age limit?
Posted by: BikeDude ()
Date: October 15, 2016 13:06

I am probably getting ahead of myself a little here, but last time they toured around here my oldest was still in his mummy's belly. We hit Oslo, Berlin, Düsseldorf and almost Stockholm (was outside the stadium but did not score any tickets), so in theory he has already been to a few.

Now, almost two years later he comes running whenever dad (me) puts on Hyde Park or Totally Stripped. He especially enjoys Midnight Rambler, though I am not sure if it is because Mick Taylor sweetens the deal or because Charlie hits extra hard in the mid section there, but a big smile all the same.

So... Assuming the greatest rock'n'roll band of all times makes it here come summer, Nils will be two and a half. His brother Einar will be less than one year old, so I understand that is a bit too young.

Thoughts? Should we await the next tour? Nils will be older, but so will Mick. Keith I have stopped worrying about, because we have all seen the poster: "Whenever you smoke a cigarette, God takes 20 seconds off your life and gives to Keith". Any other third generation Stones fan out there?

Rune

Re: Europe 2017 – Age limit?
Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: October 15, 2016 13:50

The Stones are breaking age limit rules on the other end LOL but 1 and 2.5 is too young. Too loud and they have no chance of remembering it anyway... just my 2 cents. Go and enjoy yourself and leave the kids home

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 15, 2016 13:52

Personally I think he's too young to remember the show, and however much he enjoys one song, two hours will be too long - you'll end up having to take him home early and that won't please you if you've paid fortunes for the ticket. If you do take him, buy him some ear defenders and make sure he wears them. You want him to be able to hear and appreciate the Stones later in life, don't you!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 15, 2016 14:06

BikeDude
Any other third generation Stones fan out there?

My son went to Cologne in ´99 - in mummy´s womb.
In 2007 we both went to Hamburg´s stadium show (he was 7).
In 2014 we went to Berlin´s Waldbühne. He really loved his third show! smiling bouncing smiley

If you take children to the shows: Take seats where they can see
the whole stage and the arena crowd, go peein´ right in time before the Stones
hit the stage and let them wear earplugs. But: 2 years is too young.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-15 14:08 by TooTough.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: October 15, 2016 14:28

Dude...you're joking, aren't you ?

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 15, 2016 18:51

In Berlin 2014, right behind me was seated a couple and their newborn baby. The kid couldn't have been older than a year. He slept through the whole thing. They had an umbrella up, so the sun didn't hit, and it had ear defenders on as well.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: BikeDude ()
Date: October 16, 2016 11:19

Thanks for the input guys.

Air protection was always in my plan, but the memory thing poses more of a challenge though.

Rune

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: October 16, 2016 15:12

Take em, just have the decency to leave your seats and go into the hallway if they start crying so not to bother others.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: October 16, 2016 22:05

i was with my daughter at maccas gig when she was 6 and she enjoyed it really, since them we´ve been to many concerts, and she always enjoys it, the last time, this August, she was really cool at least, and i thought to myself, now she´s really into it, shes nine, right now smiling smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 17, 2016 17:29

bluesinc.
i was with my daughter at maccas gig when she was 6 and she enjoyed it really, since them we´ve been to many concerts, and she always enjoys it, the last time, this August, she was really cool at least, and i thought to myself, now she´s really into it, shes nine, right now smiling smiley

Yes, I was next to quite a young boy (maybe 9 or 10?) attending his first ever Stones gig at Hyde Park 1 - if they are into it, that's fine, but two and a half is too young.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 18, 2016 15:31

Pay me and I'll nanny for you. Needs to be a decent paycheck to convince my man to let me cross the water by myself, but I am a fierce protector w/ kids. 3 of my own. References available upon request. Laundress, nappy change include.
First 20 rows only.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 18, 2016 15:59

MingSubu
Take em, just have the decency to leave your seats and go into the hallway if they start crying so not to bother others.
Do you think the childs crying would be heard over the music from the PA?

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: October 18, 2016 16:30

TheGreek
MingSubu
Do you think the childs crying would be heard over the music from the PA?

Sitting right beside them, yeah.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: October 18, 2016 18:38

Two and a Half? That would be lunatic. I am sure, you're joking, Rune, aren't you?

My son went with us when he was nine and already had a strong liking for their music. That was OK.

BTW, this matter subject has been discussed at large previously. Where's the thread?

dead.flowers

Date: October 18, 2016 18:50

I read that the British-Irish boy group "One Direction" set a minimum age of six years for their gigs while under fourteen must be accompanied by their parents. Sounds sensible.

Ear plugs are warmly recommended, however.

dead.flowers

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: October 18, 2016 19:00

Ask Marlon.

Date: October 18, 2016 19:05

That's sarcastic.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: October 20, 2016 01:04

No. Too young.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 20, 2016 23:01

Unless you are just joking, don't do it. You risk permanent damage to their ears. I went to an F-1 race with a family and if you have a child under 8 years, they required you to sign a release for any damage to the child's hearing.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 21, 2016 00:33

I asked a similar question earlier.
[iorr.org],

I would go for it. Wait. I will go for it. My son will be 5 or 6 depending on when they will hit Europe. And he loooooves the Stones. Good boy.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: October 21, 2016 11:44

I took mine to Rock In Rio in 2014 in Lisbon when she was 6. I remember that they had age limit that was set to 3 years for that particular festival.

With plugs in her ears she was OK. Although there were a couple of scary moments (Doom And Gloom). Surely, some things are not appropriate for a kid. Like HTW cartoon or 'exotic dances' between Mick and whatever girl is on backing vocals. They should be rated 'R' or '18' but she did not get them at that point.

Next day was a bit hazy but mind the show was over around 2 a.m. and we got home around 3.30 in the morning.

Anyway, she is eager to go once again. She find uncle Keith is funny winking smiley.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1747
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home