Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Interview Brian Jones Holland march 26 1966
Posted by: Sacke ()
Date: September 13, 2011 23:24

Re: Interview Brian Jones Holland march 26 1966
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 13, 2011 23:48

God. Brian seems so normal there, with his head on straight.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: September 14, 2011 00:32

First impression: Mick is not the star, he's trying too hard. Brian is the star. 100%.
It's so obvious why ALO+the Glimmers worked hard at changing the media focus from Brian Jones to Jagger/Richards. They were still a boy band except for Brian who was Jim Morrisson before Jim Morrisson became Jim Morrisson. He must have pissed Keith and Mick off and one can see how he provoked the fatal ego clash that came a year later when Anita left him for Keith.

Thanks for posting the clip, very interesting era.

Posted by: M4000D ()
Date: September 14, 2011 01:48

Before mandrax fried his mind. Same shite that fried Syd Barrett.

That was nice to see thanks for posting it.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 14, 2011 05:01

Wibooooooooo!!!!!!!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 14, 2011 05:04

......well the clip only shows the Brian part of the
press-conference so how do we know what the others had ta say ...

But But ....thanks for postin' Sacke .......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 14, 2011 05:28

mick always looked ridiculous when he smoked, its almost as if he didnt know how to

Posted by: Blue ()
Date: September 14, 2011 05:59

Brian Jones was extremely intelligent, well read, and very well spoken, you can see this especially in early interviews... Really a shame he wasn't built to handle the drugs, alcohol, and fame.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 14, 2011 06:04

shame he wasn't built to handle the drugs, alcohol, and fame.

..not many are .... heck look what just fame on it's own did ta King Kong ....

ROCKMAN

Date: September 14, 2011 06:11

Rockman
shame he wasn't built to handle the drugs, alcohol, and fame.

..not many are .... heck look what just fame on it's own did ta King Kong ....

Well... That is sort of a good analogy Mr. Rockman! eye popping smiley

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: September 14, 2011 10:38

24FPS
God. Brian seems so normal there, with his head on straight.
When clean from drugs and alcohol I guess anybody is normal (more or less). smiling smiley

He had an amazing charisma for that time despite his psychological and drug problems. It's such a sad story with him and the band. The only good that came from it was the music.

Date: September 14, 2011 10:42

Great!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: September 14, 2011 11:18

Fantastic that all psychologist on this board can read so deep in Jones's mind after seeing this fantastic, elaborate interview! His "I don't know" answer to the "are you more popular than the Beatles" question just says it all about Jones, doesn't it?

Mathijs

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 14, 2011 12:25

Sacke , you're really pulling them out of the bag. Anything else up your sleeve?

Date: September 14, 2011 16:59

Mathijs
Fantastic that all psychologist on this board can read so deep in Jones's mind after seeing this fantastic, elaborate interview! His "I don't know" answer to the "are you more popular than the Beatles" question just says it all about Jones, doesn't it?

Mathijs

I based my statement after seeing many other interviews from the mid-sixties of Brian Jones, not just this one; and it is very evident that he was, at the time, the most well-spoken and charismatic of e group when it came to an interview. These interviews were very early on, and as time passed you hear less and less from Brian...

Date: September 14, 2011 17:15

Blue
Mathijs

Mathijs

I based my statement after seeing many other interviews from the mid-sixties of Brian Jones, not just this one; and it is very evident that he was, at the time, the most well-spoken and charismatic of e group when it came to an interview. These interviews were very early on, and as time passed you hear less and less from Brian...

I don't think Brian Jones looked anything like the star of the band in this interview (or even in the others from earlier in the 60s, for that matter).

He was the only blonde in the band, though winking smiley Thanks for the link, Sacke.

Date: September 14, 2011 20:41

DandelionPowderman
Blue
Mathijs

Mathijs

I based my statement after seeing many other interviews from the mid-sixties of Brian Jones, not just this one; and it is very evident that he was, at the time, the most well-spoken and charismatic of e group when it came to an interview. These interviews were very early on, and as time passed you hear less and less
from Brian...

I don't think Brian Jones looked anything like the star of the band in this interview (or even in the others from earlier in the 60s, for that matter).

He was the only blonde in the band, though winking smiley Thanks for the link, Sacke.

I was not saying that he was the "star" of the band, but that he was quite polished and well-spoken and it came across in several early interviews with the band, he grew up very middle class in Cheltenham and it showed at the time.

Posted by: M4000D ()
Date: September 14, 2011 21:44

Brian was a good speaker in those days much better than Charlie and bill

Come on.

Mick was a good speaker too
Keef was shy

What's the big deal ?

Date: September 14, 2011 23:26

Blue
Mathijs

Mathijs

Many interviews? There are hardly interviews with Brian, and the ones that are available never go any further than "what's your favourite pet's name". It wasn't until say '67 that the first interviews with somewhat interesting questions.

Mathijs

Mathijs

Date: September 15, 2011 00:19

Mathijs
Blue
Mathijs

Mathijs

I based my statement after seeing many other interviews from the mid-sixties of Brian Jones, not just this one; and it is very evident that he was, at the time, the most well-spoken and charismatic of e group when it came to an interview. These interviews were very early on, and as time passed you hear less and less
from Brian...

Many interviews? There are hardly interviews with Brian, and the ones that are available never go any further than "what's your favourite pet's name". It wasn't until say '67 that the first interviews with somewhat interesting questions.

Mathijs

Mathijs

Well, what came to mind were the interviews with the Stones from Denmark in '65 and The Montreal interview with the Stones in the same year. The Montreal interview was posted recently here. The Denmark '65 I found on the Internet.. Most likely posted here before.

Date: September 15, 2011 08:13

Blue
Well, what came to mind were the interviews with the Stones from Denmark in '65 and The Montreal interview with the Stones in the same year. The Montreal interview was posted recently here. The Denmark '65 I found on the Internet.. Most likely posted here before.

Just a little bit more of Brian being interviewed:

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: September 15, 2011 08:20

Pure Genius!

2 1 2 0

Date: September 15, 2011 10:37

Come On
Pure Genius!

I'm looking for that clip on youtube where Brian accepts the Nobelprize...

Date: September 15, 2011 11:42

Blue
Mathijs
Blue
Mathijs

Mathijs

from Brian...

Mathijs

Mathijs

Yes, there are a few interviews, not many, and they mostly never go beyond the standard pop interview of the '60's. The Denmark interviews are nice, as they discuss a bit about their musical tastes. Personally I find Brian quite negative and arrogant in that interview.

Mathijs

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: September 15, 2011 11:45

Sacke
Come On
Pure Genius!

I'm looking for that clip on youtube where Brian accepts the Nobelprize...

And I waited for Updike to get the Nobelprize.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: September 15, 2011 12:16

And I waited for Updike to get the Nobelprize.

Everybody's writing books has it so it have to be him next time for sure...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 15, 2011 19:15

His eye bags were out in force that day... Boy looks knackered!

Posted by: phd ()
Date: September 15, 2011 19:24

A brilliant person.

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: September 16, 2011 02:45

Not really much to go on, is there?

Posted by: neptune ()
Date: September 16, 2011 03:27

Mathijs
His "I don't know" answer to the "are you more popular than the Beatles" question just says it all about Jones, doesn't it?

What the hell is wrong with that answer? How else should Brian answer that stupid ass question? Keith didn't like to talk back then and Mick, like always, had nothing really deep to say. So the journalists were left with Brian Jones.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1545
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home