Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142
Current Page: 42 of 42
Re: OT ~ NFL begins tonight
Date: March 23, 2012 19:12

gimmelittledrink
The Patriots were caught cheating red-handed. What they did - and they did it over a long period of time - was much worse than bountygate. Guess what? NFL players have been trying to knock each other out for years. That's why they hit each other so hard. And the NFL encouraged and rewarded it.

Spygate was a much bigger deal because it involved outright cheating in order to win games. Note that the Patriots haven't won the SB since they were caught. And there were no suspensions for Spygate.

Yep. And how the NFL defines the money part as against the salary cap/bonus etc is hilarious, because it's all coming from the same place - their paychecks from playing in the NFL. It's just a displacement of the money. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 23, 2012 19:23

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
sweetcharmedlife
Edith Grove
Let's not forget the fans are losing in this penalty scheme, as well.
Goodell, or whatever the @#$%& his name is, waited until after the season-ticket deadline to announce these crippling penalties.

This Goodell @#$%& should be running for public office with a mindset like that.
Blame it on Jeremy Shockey.He's the rat bastard who snitched.eye popping smiley

Uh huh. And the Sharks are gonna make the playoffs.
Big win for the Sharks last night Skippy!smileys with beer

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: March 23, 2012 20:54

Two points out of 8th. 8 more games. Yep. Who knows. It certainly is possible. But I wouldn't count on it.

Date: March 23, 2012 20:55

sweetcharmedlife
Big win for the Sharks last night Skippy!smileys with beer

Perhaps we need a 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 23, 2012 22:55

sweetcharmedlife
Edith Grove
Let's not forget the fans are losing in this penalty scheme, as well.
Goodell, or whatever the @#$%& his name is, waited until after the season-ticket deadline to announce these crippling penalties.

This Goodell @#$%& should be running for public office with a mindset like that.
Blame it on Jeremy Shockey.He's the rat bastard who snitched.eye popping smiley

Former Saint Jeremy Shockey denies snitching on team, blasts Warren Sapp
By Jason Cole Yahoo! Sports –

[sports.yahoo.com]

Free-agent tight end Jeremy Shockey fired back at NFL Network analyst Warren Sapp, claiming there is no way he would ever have been the source of information that led to the bounty investigation by the NFL and severe penalties against the New Orleans Saints.

"It's reckless, it's careless, it's hurtful to me and the great time I had with the Saints," said Shockey, who was accused by Sapp of being the "snitch" in this story. "Sean Payton is a father figure to me. I would never do that to him or to the Saints."

Shockey then twice offered to take a polygraph test to prove his innocence.

The accusation by Sapp threatens to undercut the NFL's policy of protecting sources. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has repeatedly said the league would protect "whistleblowers" who reported violations of league policy.

The NFL Network is owned by the NFL. Sapp initially made his claim about Shockey via Twitter.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello offered no explanation when asked why the NFL Network was allowed to air Sapp's claims or why Sapp, a league employee, was allowed to make the claim in the first place.

However, Sapp's report could have a huge chilling effect on the league's ability to investigate any team. Without protection, particularly from the league itself, there may be no way to get people to come forward with information about violations.

On Wednesday, the league levied heavy penalties on the Saints, including a one-year suspension of Payton and the loss of two second-round draft picks, and on former New Orleans defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, who was suspended indefinitely.

From there, Sapp went on NFL Network to defend his source, going so far as to say: "My source that was close to the situation informed me that Jeremy Shockey is the one that was the snitch initially. I trust my source unequivocally."

Shockey responded by going on Twitter to offer to take a polygraph and expanded that to say he would take one on live television. He also took several thinly veiled shots at Sapp. The two both played at the University of Miami, although at different times. Shockey said that any loyalty from their common background, "Ended right there" on Wednesday.

"I know Sean Payton's family and I have been around them. I have been to his son's birthday parties. I've had my family around him. We're friends," said Shockey, who scored the winning touchdown in New Orleans' Super Bowl XLIV victory over the Indianapolis Colts two years ago. "I loved my time in New Orleans and now people are killing me on social media thinking I did this. I love Who Dat nation."

Shockey played for the Saints from 2008 to 2010. He was also coached by Payton prior to that when both men were with the New York Giants.

"I was never in the defensive meeting rooms to know anything about what went on in there and I've never been asked to try and hurt someone on the opposing team. Nobody ever said, 'Oh, go take out [Minnesota defensive end] Jared Allen and you can make some money.' I never been about hurting someone. I've paid guys for getting a big interception or returning a kickoff for a touchdown, if you want to call that a bounty.

"But that was just among the players. When we did that stuff, we told the coaches to leave. I called Heath Evans and Drew Brees to talk to them about this to make sure they knew I would never talk about stuff that happened in the locker room.

"Sapp can say what he wants about me, but if he really says that he'll put his life on the line for his source, we'll see. I've never been a guy who failed multiple drug tests. I've never been divorced. I don't have four kids by four different women. I don't lie. This attacks my character and it's not fair."

Date: March 24, 2012 07:32

UGH.

Look Roger, I get you are petrified because injured ex-NFL players are dropping lawsuits all over you and billions of dollars are at stake and the NFL has to look like they care about player safety.

Then along come the Saints at the perfect time. They took something teams have been doing since football started and were dumb enough to leave an extensive paper trail and lie about it. This is the moment you’ve been waiting for to cover the NFL’s backside against lawsuits and scream, “We care about players! Look what we did to the Saints!”

Except you don’t really care about players at all. If you did why are you pushing for an 18-game regular season where players bodies will face eight more quarters of the NFL meat grinder? Why have you expanded the Thursday Night game NFL Network package and forced players to play games with less recovery time? I thought player safety was the #1 issue?

Remember kids, with the NFL money is always the number one issue and if Roger Goodell has to maybe ruin one franchise to protect the billions for the other 31 teams so be it.

[www.wwltv.com]

Date: March 24, 2012 07:46

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Huh. Who'd of thunk.

Green Bay Packers players no longer can offer teammates financial incentives for their on-field performance, but the NFL will not punish them for violating the league's "bounty rule."

[www.usatoday.com]

where did it say they got paid to hurt someone?

According to you it's cheating regardless so don't worry about it.

i still would like to know how playing a clean game and holding a player to X amount of yards is the same as doing whatever it takes to try and end someones career? nothing is being done to the packers because they didn't see any illegal hits in that game and the packers weren't paying money to have players in the hospital

Date: March 24, 2012 08:15

keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Huh. Who'd of thunk.

Green Bay Packers players no longer can offer teammates financial incentives for their on-field performance, but the NFL will not punish them for violating the league's "bounty rule."

[www.usatoday.com]

i still would like to know how playing a clean game and holding a player to X amount of yards is the same as doing whatever it takes to try and end someones career? nothing is being done to the packers because they didn't see any illegal hits in that game and the packers weren't paying money to have players in the hospital

It's on record that Saints players said they had the same kind of deal going on as the Packers. You are the one that said it's cheating. The Packers were caught doing it. It's no different than supposedly attempting to end one's career. It's the same thing. What the Packers did is still a violation against the salary cap. It's OK for them to do it but not the Saints. Why that confuses you is beyond me.

Date: March 24, 2012 08:54

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Huh. Who'd of thunk.

[www.usatoday.com]

It's on record that Saints players said they had the same kind of deal going on as the Packers. You are the one that said it's cheating. The Packers were caught doing it. It's no different than supposedly attempting to end one's career. It's the same thing. What the Packers did is still a violation against the salary cap. It's OK for them to do it but not the Saints. Why that confuses you is beyond me.

so injuring a player on purpose and playing clean but trying to hold someone below their average is the same thing? yes the packers broke the CBA so they should have some draft picks taken away. the saints were trying to end peoples careers they should have their wins vacated

Date: March 24, 2012 17:42

This is like watching a tennis match,
I cant wait to see who convinces the other
that they are correct and wins the argument.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 24, 2012 18:02

I appreciate the view point.

Is there any reason why one is better than than the other? This is simply an obstruction of justice!! "we are out to harm someone is total bullshit."

Bottom line--Larwence Taylor moves freely in S. Florida- Nonone mentions Crack Cocaine or Thiessman's broken leg ..was there a bounty on his leg?

Date: March 24, 2012 18:13

I think the Saints should sue the NFL. No names mentioned.. but the NFL Commissioner needs to GO!!

Date: March 24, 2012 18:26

What is the difference of a WWF tag title fight where they announce prior to the fight Contender says " I'm going to beat the shit out of him?" ....Is this a bounty???

You hate your boss or even hate Cops ..Is that a bounty??

It's simply life

Date: March 24, 2012 18:32

keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Huh. Who'd of thunk.

[www.usatoday.com]

so injuring a player on purpose and playing clean but trying to hold someone below their average is the same thing? yes the packers broke the CBA so they should have some draft picks taken away. the saints were trying to end peoples careers they should have their wins vacated

The defensive players get paid to go out and injure people as it is so the wins should not be vacated. I'm using your own position with what you're saying, yet now you won't agree with it.

Did you see the hit the Hornets player put on that guy from the Clippers? What the hell was that? It's not the NHL.

Date: March 24, 2012 18:41

Chris Fountain
I appreciate the view point.

Is there any reason why one is better than than the other? This is simply an obstruction of justice!! "we are out to harm someone is total bullshit."

Bottom line--Larwence Taylor moves freely in S. Florida- Nonone mentions Crack Cocaine or Thiessman's broken leg ..was there a bounty on his leg?
Chris Fountain
What is the difference of a WWF tag title fight where they announce prior to the fight Contender says " I'm going to beat the shit out of him?" ....Is this a bounty???

You hate your boss or even hate Cops ..Is that a bounty??

It's simply life

LT was just a crazed player, and yeah it seemed like he tried to hurt people, just like Deacon Jones.... but it was never made public that they were paid extra to hurt specific people.... just paid to "kill em all"

From what I understand ..... the bad part of this deal was an organized, top down decision to pay extra money to injure specific players. They didnt say "go out and kill em".... they said "we will pay you $1500.00 to knock another player(Favre) out of a game". My question is... ONLY FIFTEEN HUNDRED DOLLARS??!! is that all? I cant believe that extra "2 cents" would matter to a player.

$1500.00 might matter to a player in the arena football, where the guys make only $400.00 per game, but in the NFL? What in the world? That is like 2 extra cents.

The AFL Player’s Association was demanding a 300 percent increase in the leagues current $400 per game payment structure for which AFL owners offered a $100 raise
[www.inquisitr.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-24 18:56 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: March 24, 2012 19:17

Max'sKansasCity
From what I understand ..... the bad part of this deal was an organized, top down decision to pay extra money to injure specific players. They didnt say "go out and kill em".... they said "we will pay you $1500.00 to knock another player(Favre) out of a game". My question is... ONLY FIFTEEN HUNDRED DOLLARS??!! is that all? I cant believe that extra "2 cents" would matter to a player.

$1500.00 might matter to a player in the arena football, where the guys make only $400.00 per game, but in the NFL? What in the world? That is like 2 extra cents.

That's what is so ridiculous about it. It makes zero cents. The fines they got nailed with gazilladrupled the 'bounty'. Just stupid stupid shit.

Date: March 24, 2012 23:14

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Huh. Who'd of thunk.

[www.usatoday.com]

The defensive players get paid to go out and injure people as it is so the wins should not be vacated. I'm using your own position with what you're saying, yet now you won't agree with it.

Did you see the hit the Hornets player put on that guy from the Clippers? What the hell was that? It's not the NHL.

he will probably be fined and suspended a few games for that flagrant foul but if you watch the clip again blake griffin slows down a lot and the guy from the hornets running fast simply just barrels into him. i don't think when he started running he said "let me slam into blake griffin". i think as he noticed it was about to happen he said "why the hell not"

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142
Current Page: 42 of 42

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2006
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home