Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 42
Re: OT ~ NFL begins tonight
Date: December 26, 2011 21:29

i agree its the titans/texans game that will more than likely let us know who is in. the texans did get a win against the bengals 3 weeks ago though.

i would not bet the jets will be 1 and done if they make the playoffs as it appears they will be facing the texans or denver.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: December 27, 2011 01:21

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Tennessee v Houston - Titans have this one. Texans are horrible now - unless they get some injured players back, they're done. In, but one and done.

quote]

But that's we all thought when 1st QB went down, then the 2nd went down and had to face Atlanta and Cincy with a third-string QB. Kid pulled out two wins without Andre Johnson.
I have to erase what happened in Indy last Thursday cos I'm hopeful like that....lol

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 27, 2011 02:44

Are you ready for some FOOTBALL ?!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 27, 2011 02:45

WHO DAT?

Date: December 27, 2011 02:48

Brees to beat Marino's total passing yards for one season record and continue his climbing up the Unitas TD passes for games in a row record while stomping the feathers off the Can'tlanta Falcan'ts.

Date: December 27, 2011 14:05

Lot of boring games this year.
Not a good year to convert nonfans.

Date: December 27, 2011 15:14

If you call that record breaking blow out game against Can'tlanta last night 'boring' then you're on the wrong planet.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: December 27, 2011 16:59

ouch.

Date: December 27, 2011 18:39

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 27, 2011 19:12

Edith Grove
Would have been more impressive if he didn't do it up by 30 and then spent a half an hour celebrating. He didn't get that excited when they won the Super Bowl.eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: December 27, 2011 19:17

What difference does it matter what the score is? You think Marino made sure his was "dramatic"? What made it even sweeter was it put the Saints up 44-16 - he did it on a TD pass. That's some nice lagniappe there.

Brees didn't celebrate? He didn't? You sure you saw the Super Bowl the Saints won in 2010? I saw it and he sure was celebrating.

Sorry to see that you have such a sore loser attitude about something that is quite a remarkable feat.

Date: December 27, 2011 19:20

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
What difference does it matter what the score is? You think Marino made sure his was "dramatic"? What made it even sweeter was it put the Saints up 44-16 - he did it on a TD pass. That's some nice lagniappe there.

Brees didn't celebrate? He didn't? You sure you saw the Super Bowl the Saints won in 2010? I saw it and he sure was celebrating.

Sorry to see that you have such a sore loser attitude about something that is quite a remarkable feat.
I have no sore loser attitude about anything. Just my opinions. It's only a football game. Nobody's curing cancer.

Date: December 27, 2011 19:21

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-28 05:47 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: December 27, 2011 19:23

sweetcharmedlife
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

I have no sore loser attitude about anything. Just my opinions. It's only a football game. Nobody's curing cancer.

Damn you! Making a sensical response! You might misunderstand the rivalry though. Can'tlanta is HATED in New Orleans so it was excellent to be up that much and to keep scoring.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: December 27, 2011 20:32

Great that lately they (ESPN???) are using Respectable and Shattered to go commercials.

Date: December 27, 2011 22:31

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
sweetcharmedlife
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Damn you! Making a sensical response! You might misunderstand the rivalry though. Can'tlanta is HATED in New Orleans so it was excellent to be up that much and to keep scoring.

[sports.yahoo.com]

Date: December 27, 2011 22:48

Geez, I can't believe some people are whining about one team running up the score.

This is professional football played at the highest level.
We're not talking about damaging Little Leaguers' self-esteem if they do not get a chance to score.

Get over it people.
The object of the game is to score as much and and often as possible.
That's how you prevent the other team from overtaking your team.

Come to think of it, I was in Tulane Stadium when the Falcons beat the Saints 62-7.
I don't remember Saints fans complaining of the score then.
Sad to think that the pussification philosophy in so many other areas of life has actually reached American football.

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: December 27, 2011 23:46

congrats Brees...and congrats Aaron Rogers for being the MVP

Date: December 28, 2011 01:24

NoCode0680
sweetcharmedlife
NoCode0680
Boy, the Broncos sure are getting bent over, by the Bills of all people who haven't won since October. I don't think there's enough "Tebow Time" to overcome a 40-14 hole with 5 minutes left.
No Christmas miracle for Touchdown Jesus.

It was a miracle though. Much like Jesus with the loaves and fishes, Tebow took one football and fed 4 different Bills players with interceptions.

Hilarious.

Date: December 28, 2011 05:45

Edith Grove
Geez, I can't believe some people are whining about one team running up the score.

We're not talking about damaging Little Leaguers' self-esteem if they do not get a chance to score.

Get over it people.

Come to think of it, I was in Tulane Stadium when the Falcons beat the Saints 62-7.
Sad to think that the pussification philosophy in so many other areas of life has actually reached American football.

Other scores this weekend in the NFL:

Buffalo 40
Denver 14

Nobody whining over there. Obviously the praying did absolutely nothing to help Denver. Nothing to figure out there.

Carolina 48
Tampa 16

Nobody whining there. Nothing new for Tampa, just like it was nothing new for the Saints for eons.

New Orleans 45
Atlanta 15

Gee, funny how there is TONS of whining from the sore losing Cantlanta Falcants who only had 45 scored against them, not 48 or over 50 like I was hoping. What a bunch of sore losers. Sore sore sore sore losers. Typical.

Date: December 28, 2011 22:32

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Edith Grove

Get over it people.

Other scores this weekend in the NFL:

Buffalo 40
Denver 14

Nobody whining over there. Obviously the praying did absolutely nothing to help Denver. Nothing to figure out there.

Carolina 48
Tampa 16

Nobody whining there. Nothing new for Tampa, just like it was nothing new for the Saints for eons.

New Orleans 45
Atlanta 15

Gee, funny how there is TONS of whining from the sore losing Cantlanta Falcants who only had 45 scored against them, not 48 or over 50 like I was hoping. What a bunch of sore losers. Sore sore sore sore losers. Typical.
It's not the score people are complaning about. It's breaking one of teh most storied records in the NFL by passing when your up by 20. Even Sean Payton admitted he wouldn't normally play like that. Seems like the only ones whining are the Saints fans about about other peole whining. Stay classy New Orleans. You got the ass part down. Work on the CL now.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: December 28, 2011 22:40

sweetcharmedlife
Seems like the only ones whining are the Saints fans about about other peole whining.

So, you're saying that everyone is whining, and this obviously includes yourself. eye rolling smiley

Date: December 28, 2011 23:54

sweetcharmedlife
It's not the score people are complaning about. It's breaking one of teh most storied records in the NFL by passing when your up by 20. Even Sean Payton admitted he wouldn't normally play like that. Seems like the only ones whining are the Saints fans about about other peole whining. Stay classy New Orleans. You got the ass part down. Work on the CL now.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Brees is a good guy, but this reminded a bit of the Sunday Night game when the Saints acted like they had just won a playoff game - beating the winless Colts 100 to 3 or something like that.
I gotta admit, the Katrina pity went a long way for the Saints and it got old real fast. You can't say a discouraging word about the Saints or you risk being labeled a hater. I love underdog stories, but once you win a Superbowl and become a media darling, you become a Goliath.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-28 23:59 by stupidguy2.

Date: December 28, 2011 23:58

stupidguy2
I gotta admit, the Katrina pity went a long way for the Saints and it got old real fast.

You really think that ?

You don't suppose that a lot of people just have a problem with the Chicago Cubs of football finally getting their shit together and out-playing everyone else?

Date: December 29, 2011 00:01

Edith Grove
stupidguy2
I gotta admit, the Katrina pity went a long way for the Saints and it got old real fast.

You really think that ?

You don't suppose that a lot of people just have a problem with the Chicago Cubs of football finally getting their shit together and out-playing everyone else?

Alot of teams are historical, perrennial losers....Lions is this year's, but they're not getting nearly the love the Saints got back then.
Katrina had alot to do with the Saints reaching the level of cause celebre they did post-Hurricane. I was rooting for them too because they were the Aints for 1000 years. It was a great story, but they're not underdogs anymore. They've made it. Now they're mortal. Cynical huh? But this is football, not a civics lesson.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-29 00:04 by stupidguy2.

Date: December 29, 2011 01:58

sweetcharmedlife

Would you like some grapes and cheese with that whining of yours?

It IS the score. Of course Coach Payton left him in the game. The record was right there - and so was another TD. Brees wanted to score. If the score was 7-6 Atlanta with over two minutes to go what would people be crying, whining and bitching about? That he wanted to break the record just by throwing the game winning TD? If it was a NY or northeast team it would be fantastic. But because it's the lowly New Orleans Saints well all these stupid fukcing Yankees have a problem with it.

Why not go for the record? If it had been Tom Brady breaking the record with another TD pass to make it 56-13 over the NY Jets everyone would be saying how great it is and it's fantastic that they really hammered the Jets and broke the record and that Belichick didn't let off the gas pedal.

Although New England has never been called classy so that doesn't matter. Their fans certainly are sore losers.

Some people can't handle that Brees likes to score. He broke the record - barely - with another TD pass. Against a hated team. He would've wanted to score another one regardless of the score of the game or the record. If it had been against Detroit or Tampa it would be even worse, because then it would be 'Oh they wanted to really run the score up and break the record.' But against Atlanta it's fantastic that they ran the score up - to let 'em know how they suck.

And Brees got the record. Boo hoo. Football isn't about people's feelings. It was a home game. The fans wanted the score as high as possible AND the record broke and out of the way so everyone would shut up about it.

Talk about a done deal.

That's just how it is. The record has to do with the score? The record is the record. When Wayne Gretzky broke Phil Esposito's most goals scored in one season do you think he didn't want to score anymore? He wound up scoring two more that game. They also won the game.

New Orleans Saints and Drew Brees are a class act. Atlanta needs to do something they don't know how to do - man up and take it.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: January 2, 2012 06:37

Time to bust out the golf clubs Romo.

Date: January 2, 2012 06:56

smileys with beer
NoCode0680
Time to bust out the golf clubs Romo.
Yeah I meant to post it earllier.But I emptied my wallet on the Giants. So great to be seeing blowhards like Jerry Jones and Rex Ryan miss the playoffs....Go Niners.!

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: January 2, 2012 07:09

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 2, 2012 07:56

GIANTS! Eli and the boys did the job they needed to do. beating Dallas twice in a season is very satisfying.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 42

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1642
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home