Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 42
Re: OT ~ NFL begins tonight
Date: December 21, 2011 22:23

NoCode0680
keefriffhard4life
here you go. i found the clip of the bad calls from that saints/vikings game. my bad the favre high/low was in the 3rd quarter

Wow that's bad. Especially the calls that continued the Saints drive. Just 1 or 2 bad calls I would chalk up to human error, but that's just ridiculous. And I'm saying this as somebody who hoped the Saints would win because as a Packers fan I was (and still am) mad at Favre for going to the hated Vikings. But I find it impossible to say that the Saints beat the Vikings fair and square. They had tons of help.

If the Vikings and Saints played 5 games the Saints probably would have won 5, and even with those calls they still MIGHT have one, but if you can look at those calls and say the Saints BEAT the Vikings, you have some sort of Saints blinders on and aren't looking at it very realistically.

As I said before, they did win the Super Bowl fair and square though, so no shame in that, but I can't help but think they shouldn't have been there.

its clear there are people on this website with those blinders on. who knows what the outcome of the game would have been without those calls but its clear the vikings should have had the ball with a chance to kick a field goal in OT although that hit to favre and missed pass interference in regulation means the vikings would have had more points on the board and there wouldn't have been an OT to begin with

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: December 23, 2011 13:26

Getting down to the wire now

My YTD standings are 11 ~ 18

This weeks picks

OAK -2.5
DEN - 2.5
CINN - 4
MIA + 10
BALT -14.5
CAR -5
DET -2.5
SEA + 3
GB - 13

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 23, 2011 13:58

Indy is on a roll.... gottem a streak going winking smiley

Date: December 23, 2011 17:53

keefriffhard4life
NoCode0680
keefriffhard4life
here you go. i found the clip of the bad calls from that saints/vikings game. my bad the favre high/low was in the 3rd quarter

Wow that's bad. Especially the calls that continued the Saints drive. Just 1 or 2 bad calls I would chalk up to human error, but that's just ridiculous. And I'm saying this as somebody who hoped the Saints would win because as a Packers fan I was (and still am) mad at Favre for going to the hated Vikings. But I find it impossible to say that the Saints beat the Vikings fair and square. They had tons of help.

If the Vikings and Saints played 5 games the Saints probably would have won 5, and even with those calls they still MIGHT have one, but if you can look at those calls and say the Saints BEAT the Vikings, you have some sort of Saints blinders on and aren't looking at it very realistically.

As I said before, they did win the Super Bowl fair and square though, so no shame in that, but I can't help but think they shouldn't have been there.

its clear there are people on this website with those blinders on. who knows what the outcome of the game would have been without those calls but its clear the vikings should have had the ball with a chance to kick a field goal in OT although that hit to favre and missed pass interference in regulation means the vikings would have had more points on the board and there wouldn't have been an OT to begin with

It's very likely the Saints would've still won, bad calls and all. It's possible the bad calls could have changed the game, either at the time or the outcome, but it's even more likely the Saints would've still won. They've had horrible horrible calls (and a huge lack of calls against opposing teams) against them this season (2011) and they've still managed to win. The results of the players actions, mostly Favre throwing that classic stupid pass he liked to do that ended his last two playoff runs the same, are what stick out. As much as I would have liked to see the old man get another Super Bowl in terms of the sport there was no way I was rooting against my Saints.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 23, 2011 19:23

Max'sKansasCity
Indy is on a roll.... gottem a streak going winking smiley
Yeah the suck for Luck sweepstakes is now a three way race.yawning smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: December 24, 2011 00:12

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
NoCode0680
keefriffhard4life

It's very likely the Saints would've still won, bad calls and all. It's possible the bad calls could have changed the game, either at the time or the outcome, but it's even more likely the Saints would've still won. They've had horrible horrible calls (and a huge lack of calls against opposing teams) against them this season (2011) and they've still managed to win. The results of the players actions, mostly Favre throwing that classic stupid pass he liked to do that ended his last two playoff runs the same, are what stick out. As much as I would have liked to see the old man get another Super Bowl in terms of the sport there was no way I was rooting against my Saints.

but you are talking about a pass that wouldn't have happened if they called something in favor of the vikings. that pass INT that was not called would have given the vikings 3 or 7 more points in regulation so in the end no OT

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 24, 2011 00:38

keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
NoCode0680
keefriffhard4life

but you are talking about a pass that wouldn't have happened if they called something in favor of the vikings. that pass INT that was not called would have given the vikings 3 or 7 more points in regulation so in the end no OT

Geez, get over it. It's history.

Date: December 24, 2011 01:24

Edith Grove
keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
NoCode0680
keefriffhard4life

oh well. i'd be embarassed to be a saints fan looking at that. clearly the nfl had some sort of hurricane katrina pity trip to the SB for the saints. i even watched that game at a saints fans house and he said "geez is it that obvious the nfl wants the saints in the SB"

Date: December 24, 2011 04:23

keefriffhard4life
Edith Grove

oh well. i'd be embarassed to be a saints fan looking at that. clearly the nfl had some sort of hurricane katrina pity trip to the SB for the saints. i even watched that game at a saints fans house and he said "geez is it that obvious the nfl wants the saints in the SB"

Goddamn. What are you, a Sky Pointer? One of the Fish People? Are you Tebowing now? You certainly have a lame ass axe to grind. Do you live in Minnesota? If you do then I feel sorry for you - but you get what you deserve living somewhere where you could freeze to death. If you don't, well then you just have a shitass attitude.

Which one do you find more offensive - the Saints "winning" this game or the Seattle Seahawks making the 2011 playoffs with a losing record as division winners?

Date: December 24, 2011 05:07

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
Edith Grove

Goddamn. What are you, a Sky Pointer? One of the Fish People? Are you Tebowing now? You certainly have a lame ass axe to grind. Do you live in Minnesota? If you do then I feel sorry for you - but you get what you deserve living somewhere where you could freeze to death. If you don't, well then you just have a shitass attitude.

Which one do you find more offensive - the Saints "winning" this game or the Seattle Seahawks making the 2011 playoffs with a losing record as division winners?

i live in virginia and i stated many times in this thread i'm a jets fan. hated favre when he joined the jets. i call it like i see it though. the nfl and saints team were a major backer of the city of new orleans getting back on its feet after the hurricane and low and behold a game that looked like a free pass to the superbowl. i have called my friend the saints fan and asked him to post his reaction to that game on youtube if he still has it on his phone after 2 year and i'll paste it here so you can see not ever saints fan was happy or fooled by the bias refs in that game.

all the saints have to do is make it to another superbowl and this issue will be closed but right now they got laughed out of the playoffs by the 7-9 seahawks last yeaer

Date: December 24, 2011 07:06

Well then that explains it - you're a Jets fan.

Date: December 24, 2011 07:11

Indy has a two game winning streak and are now as good as St Louis and Minnesota, Houston is quickly showing it won't win one game in the 2012 playoffs. Cincy in, NY Jets out? Giants are out anyway, even if they beat the Jets.

Date: December 24, 2011 07:11

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Well then that explains it - you're a Jets fan.

not sure what that means either. i'm not one of these delusional fans that always thinks their team is the best. the jets this year are pretty average and will be lucky to get a playoff spot. in the offseason whether we make the playoffs or not we need to pick up at least 2 O-Line players who can do a better job at opening holes for runs and protecting the QB, we need 1 more running back, we need 2 players on defense who can get more pressure on a blitz and at least 1 player who can match up better on defense with TE's. i would say another QB but right now i doubt the team is going that route

Date: December 24, 2011 07:12

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Indy has a two game winning streak and are now as good as St Louis and Minnesota, Houston is quickly showing it won't win one game in the 2012 playoffs. Cincy in, NY Jets out? Giants are out anyway, even if they beat the Jets.

the jets have to lose to miami too unless the bengals beat the ravens the last week

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-24 07:13 by keefriffhard4life.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: December 24, 2011 07:52

Max'sKansasCity
NoCode0680
Max'sKansasCity
AGAIN!!?? at 12:13 in the 2nd quarter the lights go out again...
what kind of shanty stadium is that place?

Is that a San Fran forfeit?

Well, it's pretty old. The Beatles played there for crying out loud, for their final concert. But there are plenty of old stadiums, and older (Fenway, Wrigley, etc), that manage to have games without multiple power outages.

The lights are back on now, I don't know why they're standing around chit-chatting.

I cant believe they never even bothered to clean up the blood pools on the field where Dirty Harry shot that guy.

Dirty Harry shot Scorpio at Kezar Stadium not Candlestick Park.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 24, 2011 08:12

No Expectations
Max'sKansasCity
NoCode0680
Max'sKansasCity
AGAIN!!?? at 12:13 in the 2nd quarter the lights go out again...
what kind of shanty stadium is that place?

Is that a San Fran forfeit?

Well, it's pretty old. The Beatles played there for crying out loud, for their final concert. But there are plenty of old stadiums, and older (Fenway, Wrigley, etc), that manage to have games without multiple power outages.

The lights are back on now, I don't know why they're standing around chit-chatting.

I cant believe they never even bothered to clean up the blood pools on the field where Dirty Harry shot that guy.

Dirty Harry shot Scorpio at Kezar Stadium not Candlestick Park.
just seeing if anyone is paying attentions...winking smiley
DING DING DING DING!!!! WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!!!

Date: December 24, 2011 20:33

Today's S.C.L. Forty Niners -2 1/2. Bet Santa's reindeer on it.smiling bouncing smiley

Date: December 24, 2011 21:21

sweetcharmedlife
Today's S.C.L. Forty Niners -2 1/2. Bet Santa's reindeer on it.smiling bouncing smiley

sweetcharmedlife , I really hope you win .
Think of all the disappointed IORRer's if the reindeer fall into the wrong hands

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: December 24, 2011 22:54

Boy, the Broncos sure are getting bent over, by the Bills of all people who haven't won since October. I don't think there's enough "Tebow Time" to overcome a 40-14 hole with 5 minutes left.

Date: December 24, 2011 23:26

NoCode0680
Boy, the Broncos sure are getting bent over, by the Bills of all people who haven't won since October. I don't think there's enough "Tebow Time" to overcome a 40-14 hole with 5 minutes left.
No Christmas miracle for Touchdown Jesus.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: December 25, 2011 00:56

sweetcharmedlife
NoCode0680

It was a miracle though. Much like Jesus with the loaves and fishes, Tebow took one football and fed 4 different Bills players with interceptions.

Date: December 25, 2011 01:15

NoCode0680
sweetcharmedlife
NoCode0680

It was a miracle though. Much like Jesus with the loaves and fishes, Tebow took one football and fed 4 different Bills players with interceptions.
grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: December 25, 2011 02:22

Buffalo 40 Denver 14 but Buffalo scored 17 points in the 4th quarter.

[www.cbssports.com]

Likewise Dallas scored last minute so they lose 20-7 and will play NY Giants next week.

2 minutes in Seattle and they are 2 down to SF. Seattle had +2, so I hope they hang on or equal that and they switched the Cowboys/Eagles game to it, we will see....near the 50 yard line, they might be able to get an FG or it could still go bac for them but as of now, I have a draw in the little pick 'em pool I am in.

Seattle blew that but this will end up with SF -2 or Sea +2 , a draw for the gambler's books.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-25 02:25 by BroomWagon.

Date: December 25, 2011 04:04

2012 playoff picture starting to shape up even more yet still a little burpy. Goddamn Dallas keeps being wishy washy:

IN THE PLAYOFFS AS OF NOW IN RECORDS (NOT RANK) ORDER:
New England
Baltimore
Pittsburgh
Houston
Cincinnati
Denver
Green Bay
San Francisco
New Orleans
Detroit
Atlanta
NY Giants

This thing with the Cowgirls/Giants/Eagles is annoying with their terrible records. And the Giants would seed higher than the Lions because they win the division? Steelers below Denver and Houston? Another criminal placement by the NFL.

Date: December 25, 2011 04:09

boston2006
sweetcharmedlife

sweetcharmedlife , I really hope you win .
Think of all the disappointed IORRer's if the reindeer fall into the wrong hands

Well the spread went down to 2. So it's a push. No reindeer meat for dinner and Santa can go about his merry way.moody smiley

Date: December 25, 2011 04:59

Finally maybe the Tebopping fish people will shut up.

Date: December 26, 2011 11:08

boston2006
Getting down to the wire now

My YTD standings are 11 ~ 18

This weeks picks

OAK -2.5
DEN - 2.5
CINN - 4
MIA + 10
BALT -14.5
CAR -5
DET -2.5
SEA + 3
GB - 13

Good picks this week 7 ~ 2

My YTD standings are 18 ~ 20

This weeks picks

OAK -2.5 Win
DEN - 2.5 Loss
CINN - 4 Win
MIA + 10 Win
BALT -14.5 Loss
CAR -5 Win
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DET -2.5 Win
SEA + 3 Win
GB - 13 Win

I just may get even .

Date: December 26, 2011 18:31

Finally people will shut up about Philly since they are out. Chicago too.

NFC only needs one team to clinch and that will be the Cowgirls or Giants in 7 days.

A few scenarios for the AFC remaining-to-clinch teams. Cincy is in 6th (and has a better record than Denver, who is fourth because they 'lead' their division). OAK, TEN and NYJ all at 8-7. If the Bengals win they're in period and the others are done. For once in my life I'm rooting for the Raiders to win a game. Who's gonna make 4th and 6th?

From nfl.com

DENVER BRONCOS

Denver clinches AFC West Division with:

1) DEN win

2) DEN tie + OAK loss or tie

3) OAK loss

OAKLAND RAIDERS

Oakland clinches AFC West Division with:

1) OAK win + DEN loss or tie

2) OAK tie + DEN loss

Oakland clinches a wild-card spot with:

1) OAK win + CIN loss + TEN loss or tie

2) OAK win + CIN loss + NYJ win

CINCINNATI BENGALS

Cincinnati clinches a wild-card spot with:

1) CIN win or tie

2) NYJ loss or tie + OAK loss or tie

3) NYJ loss or tie + DEN loss or tie

NEW YORK JETS

Jets clinch a wild-card spot with:

1) NYJ win + CIN loss + TEN loss or tie + OAK loss or tie

2) NYJ win + CIN loss + TEN loss or tie + DEN loss or tie

TENNESSEE TITANS

Tennessee clinches a wild card spot with:

1) TEN win + CIN loss + NYJ win + OAK loss or tie

2) TEN win + CIN loss + NYJ win + DEN loss or tie

3) TEN win + CIN loss + NYJ loss or tie + OAK win + DEN win

Date: December 26, 2011 20:54

to be honest the jets, bengals and titans don't deserve a playoff spot but more than likely one will get it. to be honest if the jets can beat miami and the texans show up to play i think the jets scenario has the best chance of happening. denver or oakland are both not going to win, its hard for me to see the bengals beating the ravens and the texans have something to prove against the titans after dropping 2 in a row

Date: December 26, 2011 21:20

Everyone thought San Diego was gonna roll over Detroit.

Jets v Miami - can't predict a winner here. Miami has been just as bizarre as the Jets. If the Jets get in the playoffs they'll be one and done.

Tennessee v Houston - Titans have this one. Texans are horrible now - unless they get some injured players back, they're done. In, but one and done.

Baltimore at Cincy - Baltimore should win this game - but they've had some strange losses this season. And Cincy has quietly managed to have a winning season somehow. Who knows.

San Diego v Oakland - Chargers will win. Oakland stinks and has had nothing except luck this year to be in the position they're in.

Kansas v Denver - Kansas is a strange team. They beat Green Bay but lost to Oakland? I dunno. I hate Tebow and Denver has played like crap the last two games. I want to see KC win but Denver will probably pull out another win.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 42

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1913
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home