Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 42
Re: OT ~ NFL begins tonight
Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: December 20, 2011 20:08

sweetcharmedlife
And anybody who thinks the Cowboys can back in here and beat the 49ers again in the playoffs? Send me some of what your smoking.eye popping smiley

I don't know, I think they can. I'm not saying they will, and I don't hope they will, but it's certainly not hard to imagine. I don't think the Cowboys are a better team, they're just a team whose few strengths happen to play well into the 49ers weaknesses.

The 49ers have holes in the secondary and the Cowboys are a passing team. The 49ers were able to put a lot of pressure on Roethlisberger last night and sack him or rush passes because Ben's injury had him nailed into the pocket for the most part. A slippery QB like Romo could neutralize that great defensive front the 49ers have and exploit the secondary. So I think the Cowboys would be scoring.

That puts the pressure on the 49ers offense, and they are spotty. They're bad in the red zone (most of the time), and rely too much on their kicker. It would really depend on what 49ers offense shows up that day, the one that scores just enough to win (thanks to the defense holding their opponent down) or the one that really clicks.

Of course it would also depend on which Cowboys show up too.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 20, 2011 23:33

The 49ers are the real deal.
The most forced/recovered turnovers in the NFL.
Alex Smith is getting better too.

Does it all end in Green Bay though?

Damn good team the Niners....been a while too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-20 23:34 by Munichhilton.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: December 21, 2011 00:56

sweetcharmedlife
Edith Grove
Max'sKansasCity
Or at least get out the candle sticks the place is named after...

Kinda windy in that neighborhood, ain't it ?

And anybody who thinks the Cowboys can back in here and beat the 49ers again in the playoffs? Send me some of what your smoking.eye popping smiley

But the Cowgirls beat the hell out of the 4-10 Bucs!!!!
Big Ben was reminding me a little of Favre Monday night - he was looking like a beatup old guy.

Date: December 21, 2011 01:02

stupidguy2

At work today there was a guy talking about how the Cowboys "Beat the hell out of them Bucs" and another guy pointed out that the Bucs haven't won a game since before Halloween. I couldn't help but crack up, I didn't know that. It's true though, last time they won was on October 16th. It was against the Saints, so I don't know what was wrong with the Saints that day, but they played again 3 weeks later and the Saints won that one.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: December 21, 2011 01:12

NoCode0680
stupidguy2

At work today there was a guy talking about how the Cowboys "Beat the hell out of them Bucs" and another guy pointed out that the Bucs haven't won a game since before Halloween. I couldn't help but crack up, I didn't know that. It's true though, last time they won was on October 16th. It was against the Saints, so I don't know what was wrong with the Saints that day, but they played again 3 weeks later and the Saints won that one.

Yes, Houstonians are used to that Cowgirl bravado. It exceeds facts, stats and records.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 21, 2011 01:23

NoCode0680
stupidguy2

The Saints don't play well on the road.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 21, 2011 01:25

sweetcharmedlife

They'll invade yer back yard & shove a fleur-de-lis up yer arse.

Date: December 21, 2011 01:32

Edith Grove
sweetcharmedlife

They'll invade yer back yard & shove a fleur-de-lis up yer arse.
Bring it on big boy!>grinning smiley<

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: December 21, 2011 07:32

The Saints will take care of San Francisco if they need to...and Green Bay...and win the 2012 Super Bowl: done deal.

Date: December 21, 2011 08:50

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
The Saints will take care of San Francisco if they need to...and Green Bay...and win the 2012 Super Bowl: done deal.

why do they have the same refs who helped fix the saints win against the vikings in the NFC championship game a few years ago?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-21 08:50 by keefriffhard4life.

Date: December 21, 2011 09:27

keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

why do they have the same refs who helped fix the saints win against the vikings in the NFC championship game a few years ago?

I didn't get to see that game, I forget why but I wasn't home that night and missed it. But I do recall the general consensus (even among people pulling for the Saints) was that "the refs sent the Saints to the Super Bowl". There wasn't any shame in the way they won the Super Bowl though, but from what I hear they shouldn't have been there.

There's even a Facebook page dedicated to the refs from that NFC Championship game.

Date: December 21, 2011 10:14

NoCode0680
keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

I didn't get to see that game, I forget why but I wasn't home that night and missed it. But I do recall the general consensus (even among people pulling for the Saints) was that "the refs sent the Saints to the Super Bowl". There wasn't any shame in the way they won the Super Bowl though, but from what I hear they shouldn't have been there.

There's even a Facebook page dedicated to the refs from that NFC Championship game.

i watched the game as it was happening and was just blown away by the 3 calls in OT that went in favor of the saints even after being reviewed and the missed call at the end of the 4th. you can go to youtube and there is a clip of it. at the end of the 4th the refs missed a high/low combo tackle on favre which is illegal and would have moved the vikings into FG range which if they hit it they would have won.
during OT the saints failed to convert a 4th and inches after a player leaped in the air with both hands on the ball. the ball was hit and a hand slipped off. by nfl rules the player no longer has control since both hands were on it when he jumped he has to maintain both hands on it until he hit the ground. the player regained control of the ball well short of the 1st down marker. refs reviewed it and said forward progress when he jumped he was past it but thats not the rule

a few plays later the vikings got flagged for pass interference on a saints 4th down. the play was reviewed and stood as called but replay shows the vikings player never touched the saints player and the ball was also uncatchable as it sailed out of bounds .

finally when it looked like the vikings stopped them again with an incomplete pass that hit the ground first the play was reviewed and ruled a catch yet you can clearly see the ball hits the ground first

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-21 10:15 by keefriffhard4life.

Date: December 21, 2011 15:17

here you go. i found the clip of the bad calls from that saints/vikings game. my bad the favre high/low was in the 3rd quarter

Date: December 21, 2011 17:38

keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

You mean the game where the Saints BEAT the Vikings in 2010? Brett Favre lost that game, not the refs. Brett handed the game over to the Saints. Saints would've won anyway: better team.

Date: December 21, 2011 18:00

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

You mean the game where the Saints BEAT the Vikings in 2010? Brett Favre lost that game, not the refs. Brett handed the game over to the Saints. Saints would've won anyway: better team.
Very true.

Date: December 21, 2011 18:06

Aldon Smith is coming to town...come on sing it with me!

Date: December 21, 2011 18:18

Dunno who that is.

Doesn't look like the NFL will have another losing record division winning home team hosting first playoff round in 2012.

What a joke their playoff system is. Dallas will be seeded higher than Detroit yet Detroit will have a better record.

It's just stupid. Seattle stupid.

Date: December 21, 2011 18:24

Date: December 21, 2011 18:42

What is someone supposed to sing with you?

Date: December 21, 2011 18:53

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
What is someone supposed to sing with you?

Its alright. The others joined in.
Better not pout, better not cry....Aldon Smith is coming to town.

Wow. I'm quite the lyricist.

Date: December 21, 2011 19:06

keefriffhard4life
here you go. i found the clip of the bad calls from that saints/vikings game. my bad the favre high/low was in the 3rd quarter

Wow that's bad. Especially the calls that continued the Saints drive. Just 1 or 2 bad calls I would chalk up to human error, but that's just ridiculous. And I'm saying this as somebody who hoped the Saints would win because as a Packers fan I was (and still am) mad at Favre for going to the hated Vikings. But I find it impossible to say that the Saints beat the Vikings fair and square. They had tons of help.

If the Vikings and Saints played 5 games the Saints probably would have won 5, and even with those calls they still MIGHT have one, but if you can look at those calls and say the Saints BEAT the Vikings, you have some sort of Saints blinders on and aren't looking at it very realistically.

As I said before, they did win the Super Bowl fair and square though, so no shame in that, but I can't help but think they shouldn't have been there.

Date: December 21, 2011 19:07

Must be a west coast thing. You know how they think they're so different but they're really just more goofy...especially in SF. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: December 21, 2011 19:08

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Dunno who that is.

Doesn't look like the NFL will have another losing record division winning home team hosting first playoff round in 2012.

What a joke their playoff system is. Dallas will be seeded higher than Detroit yet Detroit will have a better record.

It's impossible for any team to win the division with less than a winning record. Every current division leading team has at least 8 wins already.....Oh and Aldon Smith is going to be the Defensive Rookie of the year.smiling bouncing smiley

Date: December 21, 2011 19:09

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Must be a west coast thing. You know how they think they're so different but they're really just more goofy...especially in SF. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Yup...they crazy out there...but they got a damn good team this year

Date: December 21, 2011 20:01

sweetcharmedlife
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Dunno who that is.

It's impossible for any team to win the division with less than a winning record. Every current division leading team has at least 8 wins already.....Oh and Aldon Smith is going to be the Defensive Rookie of the year.smiling bouncing smiley

Seattle ended in 2010/11 season winning their division at 7-9 and hosting the Saints, who had a winning record of 12-4 if I recall correctly, in the first round of the 2011 playoffs.

So it's not impossible for any team to win the division with less than a winning record. Seattle did it back in January of this year. I know this season ending in 2012 won't be that way unless you want to count the stupidity of the Dallas Cowgirls being seeded higher than the Detroit Lions (as of now) only because the Cowgirls will win their division.

Date: December 21, 2011 20:13

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
sweetcharmedlife
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Dunno who that is.

Seattle ended in 2010/11 season winning their division at 7-9 and hosting the Saints, who had a winning record of 12-4 if I recall correctly, in the first round of the 2011 playoffs.

So it's not impossible for any team to win the division with less than a winning record. Seattle did it back in January of this year. I know this season ending in 2012 won't be that way unless you want to count the stupidity of the Dallas Cowgirls being seeded higher than the Detroit Lions (as of now) only because the Cowgirls will win their division.

Yeah, it doesn't matter how bad a team is, as long as the other teams in the division are worse, you can win the division. And that includes a losing record like Seattle last year. No NFC West team from last season had a winning record, Seattle was tied with St. Louis for the lead in the division with a 7-9 record, but Seattle had the better division record so they "won" the division.

Date: December 21, 2011 20:16

That's terrible. Meanwhile teams with better records missed out.

Date: December 21, 2011 20:27

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
That's terrible. Meanwhile teams with better records missed out.

I can't really think of a better system off the top of my head though. It's not every year you have situations like Seattle from last year. In fact that was the first and only time a losing team has won their division. Though there have been quite a few .500 teams. Usually at least one team will be dominant in each division, but sometimes you just get a division that's a dog, but they'll get killed in the playoffs, so it rights itself. Last year the NFC West was the dog division, this year it's the NFC East. The fact that Philadelphia is still technically "in the hunt" in the NFC East speaks volumes about how crappy that division is. Which is a shame because it's so competitive, has so many banner teams, and storied rivalries. But this year it's just a joke.

Date: December 21, 2011 20:45

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
sweetcharmedlife
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Dunno who that is.

My bad. I misread your post. Didn't realize you were ytalking about last year.Their are always flaws in any playoff sysytem. but it;s sure better than th BCS.

Date: December 21, 2011 21:21

sweetcharmedlife
Their are always flaws in any playoff sysytem. but it;s sure better than th BCS.

Yeah, and I don't really know what could be done to change it. It's a pretty efficient system, except for every once in a while when a whole division tanks. We don't want to wind up with some playoff system like the NHL and NBA have where over half the league makes it into the playoffs.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 42

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1925
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home