Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 42
Re: OT ~ NFL begins tonight
Date: December 19, 2011 10:14

what a crazy day in the nfl

Date: December 19, 2011 11:10

It looks like Dallas has a good shot to get in after all with a home game in the first round against,most likely,Detroit or Atlanta which are both teams that they can beat in my opinion. If that happens,the Cowboys could end up going to San Francisco (another team they can beat) in the second round. Of course,they could end up in Green Bay or New Orleans in the 2nd round as well.

Here are the different scenarios in which Dallas makes the play-offs :

* Win vs. the Giants in week 17 (division champions) OR

* Win or Tie vs. the Eagles + the Jets beat the Giants (division champions) OR some less likely scenarios :

* Win vs. the Eagles + tie vs. the Giants (division champions) OR

* Win vs. the Eagles + Jets vs. Giants tie (division champions) OR

* Tie in week 17 vs. the Giants + the Jets beat the Giants (division champions)

Dallas getting in as a Wild Card is a long shot but,even that is still another possibility :

* The Giants would have to win their last 2 games including the game against Dallas + Dallas would have to beat the Eagles + Atlanta would have to lose their last 2 games + 1 Chicago loss or tie + 1 Arizona loss or tie + maybe 1 Seattle loss or tie -

If Dallas loses their last 2 games,they are out.

One of the first two scenarios in the list are obviously the most realistic for them to qualify.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 19, 2011 12:51

Max'sKansasCity
Indy got its first win

Did the Titanic Bitches complain of Indy cheating ? grinning smiley

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: December 19, 2011 14:07

boston2006
Ok , time to make that last push for some extra Christmas Cash .

I'll take

TAMPA BAY + 7- loss
INDY + 6- win
NYG - 7- loss
CHI - 3- loss
NO - 6- win
CAR + 6- win
GB - 14- loss
OAK + 1- win
NYJ + 3- loss
ARIZ - 6- loss
NE - 6- win
BALT - 2- loss

YTD 6 ~ 11 now 11 ~ 18

Bet the rest of sweetcharmedlifes pet menagerie

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 19, 2011 14:45

All eyes on the San Francisco vs Pittsburgh game tonight. Now we will get a chance to see if the Niners are for real.

I'll have my Jeremiah Weed Lightning Lemonade and leftover pizza for this one.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 19, 2011 17:30

Max'sKansasCity
tatters

Hey thanks for the invitation to go over to the country music thread and post videos spouting off about how much I fcking hate fcking country music.... and/or I am sure your invitation is good to post shit like that on any thread you are posting on, thanks, how gracious of you.

Relax Max! I too am a sports fan. Didn't you see my Joe Frazier thread? I just think it's healthy to poke a little fun at ourselves sometimes, that's all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-19 17:31 by tatters.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: December 19, 2011 18:30

The Sicilian
All eyes on the San Francisco vs Pittsburgh game tonight. Now we will get a chance to see if the Niners are for real.

I don't know, Roethlisberger is going to have some sort of boot/brace on one of his legs on account of that injury he took in the Browns game. He's questionable to start, though I'm sure he will, but he won't be 100%.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 19, 2011 21:26

keefriffhard4life
what a crazy day in the nfl
It was "one of those days"... yes it was

boston2006
YTD 6 ~ 11 now 11 ~ 18
oops... picked the wrong day to go ALL IN...
maybe try it again this Saturday, it will work.

Im calling this "Do or Die Saturday".... time for the real teams to step up.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: December 19, 2011 22:27

NoCode0680
The Sicilian

I don't know, Roethlisberger is going to have some sort of boot/brace on one of his legs on account of that injury he took in the Browns game. He's questionable to start, though I'm sure he will, but he won't be 100%.

Yeah, Ben is going to try to start, say the PGH papers, but they'll be without possibly 4 Pro-Bowlers. He has a custom boot for a high-ankle sprain, and charlie batch is ready to go as his backup if that doesn't work out. Very important game for them as this is their toughest game left and they have to finish ahead of Baltimore, who beat them twice this season and thus own the tiebreaker. SF has Willis and Staley probably out.

"it will mark the first time in Monday Night Football history that two teams with 10 wins will be pitted against each other. History aside, both teams have a lot at stake as they pursue first-round byes and home-field advantage in the playoffs."

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: December 20, 2011 03:27

The Sicilian

Wish we had Patrick Willis in there but I think the Niners will still show well!

Date: December 20, 2011 03:32

Lights out! Lights out in San Fran!

Looks like a transfromer blew... lights already back on

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-20 03:40 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: December 20, 2011 03:39

Poor ESPN, it's been a disaster week for them. Their two big stories they wouldn't shut up about, Tebow/Perfect Packers, got put to rest yesterday, and tonight they have probably the most important and relevant Monday Night Football game in years, and the power goes out delaying the game.

Date: December 20, 2011 03:47

Interesting discussion of "other issues" related to a game delayed like this.... e.g. the pain shots players take be fore a game.... and prety soon the drugs start to wear off, and can not be reshot. I dont recall them saying it out loud like that, on live TV... they might say something like he is going to the locker room (in mid game) and will be back out.... but they dont usually blatantly say he is getting a pain shot.

not saying good or bad... and I am not judging.. it is just intersting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-20 03:50 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: December 20, 2011 04:47

AGAIN!!?? at 12:13 in the 2nd quarter the lights go out again...
what kind of shanty stadium is that place?

Is that a San Fran forfeit?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-20 04:48 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: December 20, 2011 04:57

Max'sKansasCity

Well, it's pretty old. The Beatles played there for crying out loud, for their final concert. But there are plenty of old stadiums, and older (Fenway, Wrigley, etc), that manage to have games without multiple power outages.

The lights are back on now, I don't know why they're standing around chit-chatting.

Date: December 20, 2011 04:59

NoCode0680
Max'sKansasCity

Well, it's pretty old. The Beatles played there for crying out loud, for their final concert. But there are plenty of old stadiums, and older (Fenway, Wrigley, etc), that manage to have games without multiple power outages.

The lights are back on now, I don't know why they're standing around chit-chatting.

Or at least get out the candle sticks the place is named after... what a ramshackle operation.

hehehewinking smiley

Date: December 20, 2011 05:04

NoCode0680
Max'sKansasCity

I cant believe they never even bothered to clean up the blood pools on the field where Dirty Harry shot that guy.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 20, 2011 05:07

Max'sKansasCity
Or at least get out the candle sticks the place is named after...

Kinda windy in that neighborhood, ain't it ?

Maybe Barry had more help than just the steroids.

Date: December 20, 2011 05:08

Edith Grove
Max'sKansasCity

well hopefully they have hurricane lamps, unless they are all broken too.

winking smiley

Date: December 20, 2011 05:30

Did you hear them playing Shattered as they went into the commercial break? They were playing a song earlier that sounded very Stones-like, but I'd never heard it, thought maybe it could be one of the Some Girls outtakes or something as I haven't heard all of them. Can't be sure it was the Stones, there was no singing during the part they played.

Date: December 20, 2011 06:01

Now they were just playing Respectable too, I guess somebody in the Monday Night Football booth just bought the Some Girls reissue and is spinning it for us.

Date: December 20, 2011 06:05

NoCode0680
Now they were just playing Respectable too, I guess somebody in the Monday Night Football booth just bought the Some Girls reissue and is spinning it for us.
I did not hear that, but that is very cool..... we have the basketball game on the other TV, and switch the sound back and forth.

Date: December 20, 2011 06:45

NoCode0680
ABSOLUTELY THEY ARE PLAYING STONES... FK YEAH!!!! I did not hear it before... I thought you meant on the PA at stadium... but that is on TV.... HELL YEAH!!! STONES!!!

Date: December 20, 2011 07:00

Max'sKansasCity
NoCode0680
ABSOLUTELY THEY ARE PLAYING STONES... FK YEAH!!!! I did not hear it before... I thought you meant on the PA at stadium... but that is on TV.... HELL YEAH!!! STONES!!!

Yeah, it's the broadcast, not the stadium. They've played Respectable 2 more times that I've heard going into commercial, for a total of 3 times, Shattered once, and possibly another Stones song I couldn't recognize.

Date: December 20, 2011 07:09

NoCode0680
Max'sKansasCity
NoCode0680

Yeah, it's the broadcast, not the stadium. They've played Respectable 2 more times that I've heard going into commercial, for a total of 3 times, Shattered once, and possibly another Stones song I couldn't recognize.
thumbs upyaman... they are playing the good stuff too.. the killer guitar leads... rock and rollin and fotballin Stones... gotta love it

Man are they are beating on Big Ben tonight or what?.... he is hurting.... it almost looks like late hits to the QB, but I guess not.. they are making him pay.

Date: December 20, 2011 08:21

Yeah, the 49ers defense was brutal. And what the hell was Mike Tomlin thinking leaving Roethlisberger out there after the game was already lost and the only thing he could hope to accomplish was get injured worse? Especially seeing how brutal that 49ers rush was. The commentators couldn't believe it either. It was over, get him out of there.

Date: December 20, 2011 12:03

NoCode0680
Yeah, the 49ers defense was brutal. And what the hell was Mike Tomlin thinking leaving Roethlisberger out there after the game was already lost and the only thing he could hope to accomplish was get injured worse? Especially seeing how brutal that 49ers rush was. The commentators couldn't believe it either. It was over, get him out of there.

yes steelers had a pretty bad game plan

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 20, 2011 15:53

Well the Niners played a pretty flawless game last night. Pittsburgh, albeit with bad field position all game, essentially could only move the ball between the 30's. Alex Smith had a much better second half and clearly the Niners outplayed the Steelers in the last two quarters.

Most impressive was the Niners offensive and defensive lines. Pittsburg could not move the ball on them nor could they penetrate to get to Smith. The Niners will most certainly need that going forward if they have to travel to Green Bay. Some of the most aggressive line play I've seen this season. On both sides of the ball.

I do think the Niners are suspect in the secondary especially in the middle of the field. The Steelers were able to pick up huge chunks of yardage in the seams, and teams like New Orleans, Green Bay, and even Dallas could really exploit as they set up a lethal play action stragedy. Turnovers and injuries really hurt Pittsburgh. I guess Roethlisberger did his best on one leg. But I would of like to see him in action healthy. The game would have been a lot closer.

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: December 20, 2011 18:41

Looks like it was just a power outage but there was this blurb too. Shame.

However, after everyone had gone home, San Francisco police revealed that a bomb threat had been called in before the coin toss to start the game. Following a quick hunt for a possible "explosive" device, cops determined that the threat wasn't credible.

[www.wlsam.com]

[hosted.ap.org]

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 20, 2011 19:01

Edith Grove
Max'sKansasCity

Trust me. You can absolutely anything you want in that neighborhood.smoking smiley
Real embarassing to have the lights go out twice. yeah the palce is an absolute ump. Which is why they'll be moving to Santa Clara soon. but an impressive win. they now have inside track to the #2 seed.......And anybody who thinks the Cowboys can back in here and beat the 49ers again in the playoffs? Send me some of what your smoking.eye popping smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 42

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2067
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home