Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 42
Re: OT ~ NFL begins tonight
Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: December 13, 2011 22:47

well, somebody has to say it, so just to get it over with:

McCondichie is a whistle-blower whistle-blower.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: December 13, 2011 22:58

They need more than audio evidence. It could be coming from the crowd or something. If they have video of somebody on the Saints sideline blowing a whistle it will be one thing, but audio doesn't mean anything.

Normally I would say I don't believe it, but after the Belichick taping scandal from a few years ago, and the Jets sideline tripping incident, I wouldn't put any type of cheating past NFL coaches.

Date: December 13, 2011 23:02

did the jets coach trip someone? yes. was the player on the jets sideline and not even close to being in play? yes. take it for what you want to but the coaches have the right to stand there

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 13, 2011 23:17

Sean Payton offers a scientific explanation for the Titanic Jenny-Woman's accusations:

Date: December 13, 2011 23:22

keefriffhard4life
did the jets coach trip someone? yes. was the player on the jets sideline and not even close to being in play? yes. take it for what you want to but the coaches have the right to stand there

Well the coach (Sal Alosi) had told players and coaches to line up there to form a wall to impede players getting pushed out of bounds. Nolan Carroll didn't just run out of bounds, he was pushed out on the punt coverage, right into the "wall" Alosi ordered to be formed and as Carroll was getting back in bounds Alosi leaned into him with his knee and intentionally tripped him. Alosi wasn't just standing there minding his own business, and Carroll wasn't just screwing around out of bounds. On punt coverage you can get pushed out of bounds and come back in, as long as you do it quickly. What he did was dirty, pre-meditated, and then he lied about it to his own team later. Which is why the Jets suspended him and the league fined the Jets $100K for it.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 13, 2011 23:40

Edith Grove
Sean Payton offers a scientific explanation for the Titanic Jenny-Woman's accusations:

""CHECK WITH "WHISTLE MONSTER""?? really?
what in the wide wide world of sports is going on here?

This is a crazy story... it will interesting to see where it goes.

Date: December 13, 2011 23:46

Actually it's Whistle Monsta, get it right Payton.

Date: December 14, 2011 13:22

playoff seed predictions? i know its still 3 weeks away but i think the seeding will stay about where it is right now:

AFC
1 ravens
2 patriots
3 texans
4 denver
wildcards:
steelers
jets

NFC:
1 green bay
2 saints
3 49ers
4 giants
wildcards:
atlanta
detroit

Date: December 14, 2011 15:27

Winning Ugly VXII
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Winning Ugly VXII
Not to state the obvious but,Dallas can't close out games this year,even with double digit leads with less than 5 minutes to go. They keep finding new ways to lose by less than a touchdown.

It's DALLAS. Why would you expect anything else?

Well,in their 51 prior seasons,they blew a fourth quarter lead of 12 points or more TWO times total.

That has nothing to do with the 2011/12 season.

Date: December 14, 2011 15:30

keefriffhard4life

But they do not have "the right" to interfere with a player playing in the game, as that moronic Jets "coach" did.

Date: December 14, 2011 15:39

I still think Dallas is going to make the playoffs and NY isn't, even after NY beat Dallas. At least that's what I'd like to see, just so I can see Dallas lose in the playoffs. I like it when Dallas loses.

As of 12-14-11
Houston Texans
Baltimore Ravens
New England Patriots
Denver Broncos
Pittsburgh Steelers
New York Jets

Green Bay Packers
San Francisco 49ers
New Orleans Saint
New York Giants
Atlanta Falcons
Detroit Lions

Date: December 14, 2011 15:40

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Winning Ugly VXII
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Winning Ugly VXII
Not to state the obvious but,Dallas can't close out games this year,even with double digit leads with less than 5 minutes to go. They keep finding new ways to lose by less than a touchdown.

It's DALLAS. Why would you expect anything else?

Well,in their 51 prior seasons,they blew a fourth quarter lead of 12 points or more TWO times total.

That has nothing to do with the 2011/12 season.

My point was that it doesn't happen very often and that I didn't expect it to happen again so soon considering that it had already happened twice during the 2011 / 2012 season.

The blocked punt earlier this year versus the Jets and the blocked field goal against the Giants involved two different formations with different players who ended up letting the defenders through.

Date: December 14, 2011 15:45

Oh.

Dallas finds a way to not win when they need to. At least they're consistent!

Date: December 14, 2011 18:08

no thread is safe.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: December 14, 2011 23:08

Its going to be interesting because the perenial Pats have no defense. While Houston has a third string QB, it also has Foster and Tate...and a top 3 D.
I'm waiting for a team to come along and beat the Packers. I always root for undefeated seasons, but I can't get excited about the Packs this year for some reason. Its too clean, methodical, perfect. I like scrappy teams who win against all odds.
As for the Cowgirls, forget it Ugly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-14 23:10 by stupidguy2.

Date: December 14, 2011 23:27

stupidguy2
Its going to be interesting because the perenial Pats have no defense. While Houston has a third string QB, it also has Foster and Tate...and a top 3 D.
I'm waiting for a team to come along and beat the Packers. I always root for undefeated seasons, but I can't get excited about the Packs this year for some reason. Its too clean, methodical, perfect. I like scrappy teams who win against all odds.

Their offense has been struggling too. I don't think they're really in the hunt. They've won and lost some ugly games. It's hard to take them out of the picture because they are always so great, but they have to do some patching up in the offseason to get this team back in Super Bowl shape. They barely beat the Cowboys, got beat by the Giants, and lost to the 5-8 Bills.

I like the Patriots, so I hate to say it, but unless something really strange happens and they suddenly start playing outrageously, I think they should start thinking about next year. I have faith Belichick can whip them back in shape though, just not this year. The Patriots have gotten more headlines this year for Brady's argument with the offensive coordinator (I think that's who it was) last week than for anything they've done on the field this year.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: December 14, 2011 23:33

In regards to the Pats , it was suggested on Boston sports radio ( WEEI ) that the Patriots contact all star defensive backs from the CFL and sign them on for the remainder . I thought it was a feasible suggestion . They can't afford to lose the wide receivers they have filling in . They'll really be without any chances then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-14 23:34 by boston2006.

Date: December 14, 2011 23:34

NoCode0680
stupidguy2

Their offense has been struggling too. I don't think they're really in the hunt. They've won and lost some ugly games. It's hard to take them out of the picture because they are always so great, but they have to do some patching up in the offseason to get this team back in Super Bowl shape. They barely beat the Cowboys, got beat by the Giants, and lost to the 5-8 Bills.

I like the Patriots, so I hate to say it, but unless something really strange happens and they suddenly start playing outrageously, I think they should start thinking about next year. I have faith Belichick can whip them back in shape though, just not this year. The Patriots have gotten more headlines this year for Brady's argument with the offensive coordinator (I think that's who it was) last week than for anything they've done on the field this year.

And the game against he Colts was a little too close. When you let Dan Orlofsky score that much, something's wrong.
It could be just a cyclical thing: dynasties get older unless you constantly regenerate with younger, evolving talent. Brady is still great, last year was one of his best and I love watching that....he's obviously frustrated. Look at the Colts. I never thought the Colts would be an 0-10 team, ever. And its more than just 'no Manning', there's some kind of fading out happening in Indy. They'll need more than Luck.

Date: December 14, 2011 23:48

the pats will lose the first playoff game if they have to go against the steelers, maybe the jets depending on what jets team shows up.

Date: December 14, 2011 23:51

keefriffhard4life
the pats will lose the first playoff game if they have to go against the steelers, maybe the jets depending on what jets team shows up.

I don't trust Sexy Sanchez, when something goes South, he goes South....and crumbles. He's had a few comebacks, but too often he looks scared out there.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 15, 2011 01:50

Go Seahawks. Unleash the beast in beast mode baby!!!

Date: December 15, 2011 02:14

stupidguy2
keefriffhard4life

I don't trust Sexy Sanchez, when something goes South, he goes South....and crumbles. He's had a few comebacks, but too often he looks scared out there.

if you've watched him though the last 3 years you notice when his back is against the wall he comes through. every year he seems to crumble and then when needed he turns it on. first 2 years in the league it was the playoffs were he took over. now the last 3 weeks were all must wins to get to the playoffs and here he is with 7 passing TDs, 2 rushing TDs and only 1 INT

Date: December 15, 2011 02:34

keefriffhard4life
stupidguy2
keefriffhard4life

if you've watched him though the last 3 years you notice when his back is against the wall he comes through. every year he seems to crumble and then when needed he turns it on. first 2 years in the league it was the playoffs were he took over. now the last 3 weeks were all must wins to get to the playoffs and here he is with 7 passing TDs, 2 rushing TDs and only 1 INT

He's managed to pull it together a few times, Ill give him that, but he just looks like he's hanging on by a thread, like he's scared to death and after three years in the league, he still has that deer-in-the-headlights look of a rookie, like he's in over his head..
not that he's bad, but just overrated. He lacks the poise, calm of a Brady, Rodgers or Brees, Manning, who seem to love the challenge....but then so do most.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-15 02:37 by stupidguy2.

Date: December 15, 2011 03:28

Midnight Toker

It's nice to see fans of a losing team that won't make the 2012 playoffs still cheer their team on - on the internet at least.

Date: December 15, 2011 04:17

stupidguy2
keefriffhard4life
stupidguy2
keefriffhard4life

He's managed to pull it together a few times, Ill give him that, but he just looks like he's hanging on by a thread, like he's scared to death and after three years in the league, he still has that deer-in-the-headlights look of a rookie, like he's in over his head..
not that he's bad, but just overrated. He lacks the poise, calm of a Brady, Rodgers or Brees, Manning, who seem to love the challenge....but then so do most.

well most of the time i see people say sanchez is one of the worst QBs in the league so imo he's underrated

Date: December 15, 2011 04:20

keefriffhard4life
stupidguy2
keefriffhard4life
stupidguy2
keefriffhard4life

well most of the time i see people say sanchez is one of the worst QBs in the league so imo he's underrated

You could make that point....

Date: December 15, 2011 04:25

keefriffhard4life
stupidguy2
keefriffhard4life
stupidguy2
keefriffhard4life

I have not really followed him too closely but he seems to have handled the bright lights and big city better than some.... and I guess as long as he can avoid getting the nick name "Dirty Sanchez" then he will do fine in the NFL. winking smiley

In a season of 4 or 5 great teams and a lot of average teams, it is too early to tell who will be playing in January. Good luck to anyone with a team not eliminated yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-15 04:26 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: December 16, 2011 00:35

Me likes Thursday night football.

JACKSNVLE JAGUARS 42 +675
ATLANTA FALCONS -14 -950

No bet for me... I dont like giving, or getting, 14 points.... but Ill watch

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 16, 2011 00:54

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Midnight Toker

It's nice to see fans of a losing team that won't make the 2012 playoffs still cheer their team on - on the internet at least.
Ha! I think the Midnight Toker has been hitting the pipe a little hard.

Date: December 16, 2011 03:11

sweetcharmedlife
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Midnight Toker

Ha! I think the Midnight Toker has been hitting the pipe a little hard.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 42

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1410
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home