Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 42
Re: OT ~ NFL begins tonight
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 12, 2011 05:27

Archie speaking out this week is what made me think/make the sand bagging comment in the first place. The more I thought about it, the more I wondered, WTF? Why would he say that? When was the last time Archie said anything ...about anything? sounds like sand bagging to me... Archie, Peyton mildred, Buford... they all know Peyton aint no spring chicken anymore... sooner than later his time will come and having a killer back up ready to go will help... anyway..... it is just my opinion, I wouldnt tell anyone to trust me on that... but WHEN they take Luck with that first round pick...well, we'll talk about it then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-12 05:29 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 12, 2011 05:32

eye popping smileyUh hello. Aechie never met a microphonme he didn't like. He's relishing teh attention he's getting from the Manning brothers. That's why the idiot reporters keep asking him. ya never know what stupid Arch will say next.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: December 12, 2011 05:38

eye popping smileyuh hello.... no need to get crotchety about it, we'll see what happens

Date: December 12, 2011 06:54

Max'sKansasCity
Full moon fever
Ill do a 2x bet on tonights game, taking the NY Giants and getting 4 1/2 points

NEW YORK GIANTS 50.5 +180
DALLAS COWBOYS -4.5 -220
WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER X2.... FINAL NYG 37 DAL 34

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-12 06:55 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: December 12, 2011 08:10

Not to state the obvious but,Dallas can't close out games this year,even with double digit leads with less than 5 minutes to go. They keep finding new ways to lose by less than a touchdown. This time,the line could not protect for a field goal attempt,allowing a defender to split in between two linemen to block / deflect the field goal attempt. I'm not going to even get into what happened during the previous 4 and a half minutes. Horrible. It pretty much wipes out any of the positive things that they did during the first 55 minutes of the game.

Date: December 12, 2011 11:16

Winning Ugly VXII
Not to state the obvious but,Dallas can't close out games this year,even with double digit leads with less than 5 minutes to go. They keep finding new ways to lose by less than a touchdown. This time,the line could not protect for a field goal attempt,allowing a defender to split in between two linemen to block / deflect the field goal attempt. I'm not going to even get into what happened during the previous 4 and a half minutes. Horrible. It pretty much wipes out any of the positive things that they did during the first 55 minutes of the game.

no like everyone told you dallas can't beat a good team. good teams find a way to win no matter what. sorry you weren't playing the ST LOUIS RAMS

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: December 12, 2011 11:19

Edith Grove
"Sand bagging"?

Ain't that a racing term?
Actually " sand bagging " is commonly used in golf .

A typical sand bagger will miss a short putt in order to retain or raise his /her handicap.

For those of you who are not familiar with a golfers handicap , it refers to the number of strokes one golfer needs to make him / her a scratch golfer . In other words , par on most courses is 72 . Your average score for the last 10 rounds is 86 ergo your handicap is 14 . Handicaps are used to even the field . If I were a 7 handicap and I were to play someone with a 4 handicap he / she would give me 3 shots on the 3 hardest holes ( 1 on each hole )as determined by the golf course .

Date: December 12, 2011 17:47

keefriffhard4life
Winning Ugly VXII

no like everyone told you dallas can't beat a good team. good teams find a way to win no matter what. sorry you weren't playing the ST LOUIS RAMS

What ever the reason it happens, it does happen... Dallas seems to blow it at this time of year regualarly... things to remember/consider when betting. I dont bet every week every game, I save my money (money not lost is money earned)(at least saved) and wait for games that "smell" right, and then I bet2X... and last night smelled right.

Eli needed a win, Romo seems to be the choke king when he needs to make a good pass, Eli dosnt want to hear it from his brother- he will make that pass and NY needed that win. Plus plus.... it all sounded like a good bet to me. Of course it was a good, close, fun to watch, entertaining game... and of course when romo needed to hit that one-on-one receiver to clinch it at the end... he missed... and today I am enjoying fried chicken.

boston2006
Edith Grove
"Sand bagging"?

A typical sand bagger will miss a short putt in order to retain or raise his /her handicap.

For those of you who are not familiar with a golfers handicap , it refers to the number of strokes one golfer needs to make him / her a scratch golfer . In other words , par on most courses is 72 . Your average score for the last 10 rounds is 86 ergo your handicap is 14 . Handicaps are used to even the field . If I were a 7 handicap and I were to play someone with a 4 handicap he / she would give me 3 shots on the 3 hardest holes ( 1 on each hole )as determined by the golf course .

Good explaination for non golfers.... I am more of a flogger than a golfer.. I wish I could say something as cool as "I am a 3 handicap" or "someday I will shoot my age".... but alas.... anyway

Golfing does not really explain/logic the origin. There are sand traps in golf, but not sand bags. That term is used across a number of things, including telling lies about ones handicap (which is not cool)... but I have also heard it used in sales contest and... etc etc... hmmmm I dont know....

ps
maybe it goes back to using sand bags to protect a home from a flood. Putting out sand bags will/may keep the flood away and make the house (appear) seem safe from high water, but really it is just the sand bags/sand bagging.... but... heck I dont know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-12 18:10 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: December 12, 2011 18:34

Thank goodness.... The Chiefs fired Haley today.
NOW... Go out and give Coach Bill Cowher ANYTHING he wants to come coach here.

Date: December 12, 2011 21:54

Before everyone tries to find a way to pin the Cowboys' debacle last night on Romo allegedly being at fault for 1 crucial incompletion,take another look at the footage. It was not a bad pass in the face of the blitz. One of two things caused that incomplete pass. If you believe Austin and Romo,Austin lost the ball in the lights and couldn't see it in time to react to it. Another theory is that Austin could not reach it because he is making his way back from a hamstring injury. Either way,Romo threw a very catchable pass.

Romo came through in the clutch giving Dallas the opportunity to force overtime. It's not his fault that the linemen could not prevent penetration from a defender breaking through to deflect the kick. Romo wasn't the one who dropped an interception that should have gone for a Dallas touchdown early on in the game. Romo wasn't the one who jumped offsides to negate a huge loss of yardage by the Giants towards the end of the game. Perhaps they should have tried to go downfield on 2nd down protecting a 34-29 lead instead of pinning everything on one 3rd down play. Why do people insist on blaming him even when it's other players who made the crucial mistakes??

December has been pretty kind,for the most part,to the Cowboys during the previous 2 years. In December 2009 they ended the season with three straight wins (1 was on January 3rd) to earn a home play-off game which they also won. In December 2010,they went 2-2 as a part of a 6-10 season. (Unfortunately,last year,Dec. was one of their best months) December struggles 2008 and earlier were with largely different teams. This year's problems in December are more similar to problems they were having 2 and a half to 3 months ago in September and early to mid October than they are similar to problems in the month of December years ago.

There is a problem right now but,it would be hard to put it on Romo and the month of December. More realistically,they need to add more quality corners for next year and,for this year,try to somehow overcome that weakness. Hopefully younger players can gain valuable experience.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: December 12, 2011 22:58

keefriffhard4life

But the Giants aren't a "good team". Last night was their first win in a month. Which makes Dallas losing even worse. A buddy of mine called last night's game the "Irrelevant Bowl", a couple of crappy teams from a crappy conference fighting for the honor of getting slain in the playoffs.

Last night was not really Romo's fault. As much as I don't really care for him, he only made one mistake really, an overthrown ball. It was just the timing of that incompletion and the hindsight of knowing what the Giants did when they got the ball back that makes it seem so bad. It could have been worse, Romo could have thrown a signature 4th quarter interception or something.

If you want to lay blame on anybody for the Cowboys loss it's the defense, or Rob Ryan and his overly aggressive defensive play calling. He calls the defense like he's playing a game of Madden, all out blitz on every play. If they let him call the offense he'd probably run fake punts and go for it on 4th and 10 in the first quarter. His playcalling is very simplistic and almost childish, makes me wonder why he is in the NFL in the first place. Actually I do know, his dad brought him into the NFL. Of course New York's defense was a sieve too, so it was a pretty evenly matched game in that respect.

At least it was an exciting game, and entertaining with all the scoring. Tonight's game promises to be another "Irrelevant Bowl" with the 2-10 Rams at the 5-7 Seahawks. I think I might catch up on my DVR instead of watching that.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: December 13, 2011 00:02

Max'sKansasCity
keefriffhard4life
Winning Ugly VXII

What ever the reason it happens, it does happen... Dallas seems to blow it at this time of year regualarly... things to remember/consider when betting. I dont bet every week every game, I save my money (money not lost is money earned)(at least saved) and wait for games that "smell" right, and then I bet2X... and last night smelled right.

Eli needed a win, Romo seems to be the choke king when he needs to make a good pass, Eli dosnt want to hear it from his brother- he will make that pass and NY needed that win. Plus plus.... it all sounded like a good bet to me. Of course it was a good, close, fun to watch, entertaining game... and of course when romo needed to hit that one-on-one receiver to clinch it at the end... he missed... and today I am enjoying fried chicken.

boston2006
Edith Grove
"Sand bagging"?

Good explaination for non golfers.... I am more of a flogger than a golfer.. I wish I could say something as cool as "I am a 3 handicap" or "someday I will shoot my age".... but alas.... anyway

Golfing does not really explain/logic the origin. There are sand traps in golf, but not sand bags. That term is used across a number of things, including telling lies about ones handicap (which is not cool)... but I have also heard it used in sales contest and... etc etc... hmmmm I dont know....

ps
maybe it goes back to using sand bags to protect a home from a flood. Putting out sand bags will/may keep the flood away and make the house (appear) seem safe from high water, but really it is just the sand bags/sand bagging.... but... heck I dont know.

According to the Urban Dictionary

[www.urbandictionary.com]

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: December 13, 2011 00:14

Between Ryan stomping around in frustration with grey silky locks flying around, Romo looking defeated, Garrett's smug mask of inscrutiny, in the VIP section, Jerry pounding his fist in futility.....and my Texans winning,
It was a good Sunday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-13 00:15 by stupidguy2.

Date: December 13, 2011 00:18

boston2006
According to the Urban Dictionary

[www.urbandictionary.com]
Yeah, I like the urban dictionary.. it is kind like that SNL skit "common knowledge" usually has some good, funny answers, but on this one, wow, talk about all over the board, they even had some that made no sense ... e.g. green week? what is that?

Anyway it is odd that there is not really a good origin of the phrase "sand bagging".

btw- Why do people care so much about defending romo? I am not judging here, I honestly wonder why care so much about him? What makes people care? .... e.g. There are some players I might defend (a little bit anyway, no one whom I would go on and on about, paragraph after paragrapgh etc etc ad naseum,... but I would defend them a lil bit.... but they had to have done something big.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-13 00:21 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: December 13, 2011 00:23

NoCode0680
At least it was an exciting game, and entertaining with all the scoring. Tonight's game promises to be another "Irrelevant Bowl" with the 2-10 Rams at the 5-7 Seahawks. I think I might catch up on my DVR instead of watching that.

No kidding.... talk about a snore fest... too bad the NFL has not perfected the adjustable schedule for these late season prime time games.... I am in the mood for a game that matters... and this aint it.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 13, 2011 00:25

Max'sKansasCity
Anyway it is odd that there is not really a good origin of the phrase "sand bagging".

Drag racers were using that back in the Fifties.

Date: December 13, 2011 00:30

Max'sKansasCity

btw- Why do people care so much about defending romo? I am not judging here, I honestly wonder why care so much about him? What makes people care? .... e.g. There are seom players I might defend (a little bit anyway, no one who I go on and on and paragraph after paragrapgh etc etc ad naseum,... but I would defend them a lil) but they have to have done something big.

I personally don't like him, but sometimes I think he gets saddled with blame unnecessarily. But this was after years of people blaming everybody BUT him. For a long time people blamed coaches, receivers, even Jessica Simpson, for Romo's mistakes, I guess because he was young. Even when he did wrong, he could do no wrong. But now that he's a veteran the honeymoon is kind of over, and those years of excuses and protection have come back with a vengeance. And now things that are out of his control are put on him, which is why I think quite a few people defend him. It sort of went to one extreme to another.

I think many Cowboys fans have gotten a little tired of him, or at least the ones I know. They defended him and defended him, and so far that big payoff that would have justified it hasn't come, and doesn't appear to be on the horizon anytime soon. I mentioned the Jessica Simpson thing. It's ridiculous, but true. Fans were more willing to believe that Jessica Simpson cursed Tony Romo than admit that he had bad games. Now some people (not all) would rather blame Romo for everything instead of taking a long look at the team as a whole.

Date: December 13, 2011 00:31

Edith Grove
Max'sKansasCity

Drag racers were using that back in the Fifties.

So it means they put sand bags in their cars to weigh them down, make them slower and then took them out for a big money race? Makes sense.

Date: December 13, 2011 00:52

NoCode0680
Max'sKansasCity

btw- Why do people care so much about defending romo? I am not judging here, I honestly wonder why care so much about him? What makes people care? .... e.g. There are seom players I might defend (a little bit anyway, no one who I go on and on and paragraph after paragrapgh etc etc ad naseum,... but I would defend them a lil) but they have to have done something big.

I personally don't like him, but sometimes I think he gets saddled with blame unnecessarily. But this was after years of people blaming everybody BUT him. For a long time people blamed coaches, receivers, even Jessica Simpson, for Romo's mistakes, I guess because he was young. Even when he did wrong, he could do no wrong. But now that he's a veteran the honeymoon is kind of over, and those years of excuses and protection have come back with a vengeance. And now things that are out of his control are put on him, which is why I think quite a few people defend him. It sort of went to one extreme to another.

I think many Cowboys fans have gotten a little tired of him, or at least the ones I know. They defended him and defended him, and so far that big payoff that would have justified it hasn't come, and doesn't appear to be on the horizon anytime soon. I mentioned the Jessica Simpson thing. It's ridiculous, but true. Fans were more willing to believe that Jessica Simpson cursed Tony Romo than admit that he had bad games. Now some people (not all) would rather blame Romo for everything instead of taking a long look at the team as a whole.

Well, the QB gets all the glory and most of the money... the ball is in his hands most every play.... he gets the accolades, so of course he gets the blame/hate when they dont win... it is what it is... All I ask of my QBs is to put us in a position to win in the 4th quarter, if he does that, it is all good.

It just seemed like people here were defending romo more than usual, and I wondered why.... I am no expert, on anything, I just watch from a distance, and from what I have seen/heard it is a good bet to bet against romo stepping up to take care of business... derserved? hell I dont know... dont really care... but that is why I bet against him last night. On the other hand.... it IS a team sport, so of course no one person is to blame, but the QB is the lightning rod and he gets paid well to be that. No mercy.

Date: December 13, 2011 01:05

I see what you're saying Max's, and I agree. I think Romo is overrated, and in a Sports Illustrated poll of NFL players on who the most overrated QB in the league was, the NFL players agreed.

And I agree with what you're saying about the glory/blame thing. And Romo does certainly like to bask in the glory when they win. I think blaming one guy is too easy though, especially when that guy threw 4 TD passes to 4 different receivers and no INT's. This was against a TERRIBLE defense though, so it wasn't that big of a feat, and he probably would have been glorified had they won, but Romo can't play defense. Romo can't get on the O-Line to keep a field goal from getting blocked. Had Romo thrown an interception (as he is oft to do) on that final drive, I'd be jeering him so hard that I'd tear a muscle. I think there is plenty of blame to go around for the whole team though. And this is one of the few times I don't see much of it being on Romo. If the worst thing Romo does is overthrow a receiver, he's playing better than usual.

Date: December 13, 2011 03:48

Max'sKansasCity
NoCode0680

No kidding.... talk about a snore fest... too bad the NFL has not perfected the adjustable schedule for these late season prime time games.... I am in the mood for a game that matters... and this aint it.

It actually does lead to some unintentional entertainment though. You get to watch ESPN try to hype the game up, and pretend it is important when they know it isn't.

Like last week, it was the 4-7 Chargers against the 3-8 Jaguars, the stadium was half empty (and almost completely empty in the 4th quarter) yet they're still trying to hype up the game like it was the Super Bowl. Gruden and Jaws will try to hype up players, usually calling them one of the best of all time, and a bunch of other BS. It's pretty hysterical.

Date: December 13, 2011 05:00

No one is (very few are) safe, even Tony got whacked in Miami today

Date: December 13, 2011 06:06

Max'sKansasCity
Watching Montana State play Sam Houston in the NCAA FCS CHAMPOIONSHIP- QUARTERFINAL on ESPN right now.... and grumbling/mumbling to myself about why????.... why ....... why the muthafk cant they fkn hold a muthafkn playoff in the BCfknS ????? WTF!!!??? WHY!!!!! WHAT IS THE ISSUE???!!! I hate collge football now. It is pointless... Having LSU playfkn Alabama AGAIN (FKN AGAIN!!!!!!! AFTER LOSING ALREADY THIS YEAR TO LSU ....AT HOME NO LESS!!!!!) for a fictitious National Championship... that is just STOOPID!!!!!!!

The only bowl I will watch (probably a lie) this year is Stanford vs OSU.

I told you. You refuse to accept the truth: you're wasting your time with that NC double A crap!

Date: December 13, 2011 06:12

Winning Ugly VXII

It's DALLAS. Why would you expect anything else?

Date: December 13, 2011 06:26

NoCode0680
It actually does lead to some unintentional entertainment though. You get to watch ESPN try to hype the game up, and pretend it is important when they know it isn't.

Like last week, it was the 4-7 Chargers against the 3-8 Jaguars, the stadium was half empty (and almost completely empty in the 4th quarter) yet they're still trying to hype up the game like it was the Super Bowl. Gruden and Jaws will try to hype up players, usually calling them one of the best of all time, and a bunch of other BS. It's pretty hysterical.

Yup, you nailed that NoCode... I thought of what you said as we watched and listened to Gruden and Jaws hype it up... as advertised man... good call NoCode.

Date: December 13, 2011 17:43

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Winning Ugly VXII

Well,in their 51 prior seasons,they blew a fourth quarter lead of 12 points or more TWO times total. This year,in less than one full season,they have done it THREE times already. They have already eclipsed the combined 51 year total in less than 1 year : 13 games !!!! I didn't expect that. It's a huge red flag that something is wrong with the way these situations are being handled.

I honestly didn't expect the blocked / deflected field goal either. That hasn't happened to Dallas in a long while. It's one thing after another.

Date: December 13, 2011 20:15

Winning Ugly VXII
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Winning Ugly VXII

Well,in their 51 prior seasons,they blew a fourth quarter lead of 12 points or more TWO times total. This year,in less than one full season,they have done it THREE times already. They have already eclipsed the combined 51 year total in less than 1 year : 13 games !!!! I didn't expect that. It's a huge red flag that something is wrong with the way these situations are being handled.

I honestly didn't expect the blocked / deflected field goal either. That hasn't happened to Dallas in a long while. It's one thing after another.

i think they meant dallas has a way of imploding down the stretch of a season and into the playoffs and thats the teams reputation now for the last 10+ years. remember the jets blocked a punt earlier this year and returned it for a TD

on a different note i'm happy michael robinson scored a TD this week for seattle. he was the starting QB at varina high school when i was there

Date: December 13, 2011 20:57

keefriffhard4life
on a different note i'm happy michael robinson scored a TD this week for seattle. he was the starting QB at varina high school when i was there
Cool man... It is always cool to have a connection like that. Cheers to you and michael.

Date: December 13, 2011 21:14

Max'sKansasCity
keefriffhard4life
Cool man... It is always cool to have a connection like that. Cheers to you and michael.

yeah it was cool. he only played QD 1 year while i was there. i graduated in 2000 and he graduated in 2001. the first year i was there cordell roane was the QB and then chucky wade the next 2 years. robinson was the starting QB his junior and senior year but of course i had graduated when he was a junior so i only saw him play 1 year although i went to a few games when he was a senior

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 13, 2011 22:38

Man-up you Tennessee Twats. That was your bells getting rung, not a whistle.

Report: Titans Players Accuse New Orleans Saints Sideline of Blowing Whistles Late in Game
by Erik Frenz on Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 3:57PM

The Saints have won 10 games this season, but if a couple of Titans linemen have it right, their latest victory may be a little dubious.

ESPN reports that veteran offensive linemen Jake Scott and Michael Roos say the Saints were illegally blowing whistles from their sideline late in the game, particularly on the Titans' second-to-last offensive possession.

Scott said Dean McCondichie, who produces the team's television show Titans All Access, has evidence of the whistle-blowing on tape, according to the report.

"There is audio of it," Scott said, "so we'll let it go from there."

Titans head coach Mike Munchak didn't want to wrongfully accuse anyone, but planned to look into it, saying, "You assume no one would be trying to do something like that to affect the game in some way."

A Saints spokesman told ESPN the team would have no immediate comment.

[network.yardbarker.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-13 22:40 by Edith Grove.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 42

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1918
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home