Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 42
Re: OT ~ NFL begins tonight
Date: September 26, 2011 03:21

JETS are starting to worry me a little

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 27, 2011 02:37

boston2006
sweetcharmedlife
Pick of the week .

Buffalo beating the Patriots. (or at least covering the spread)

Nice pick !!

You know I'm not smiling baby angry smiley
The Patriots did a nice impression of the Red Sox with that collapse. Nobody's smiling in Boston lately.eye popping smiley

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: September 27, 2011 03:35

The Bills and the Lions! It's still early in the season but those are impressive wins.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 27, 2011 06:31

WOW... another WSH V DAL MNF classic... as ugly as it was.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: September 27, 2011 13:57

Pick of the week .

Atlanta Falcons giving 4 1/2 to Seattle Seahawks

Falcons desperate for a victory .

YTD 2 - 0

Date: September 29, 2011 02:18

OT, but I am not going to start another thread, this is a one night deal

How about tonight's historic night in MLB. After 161 games there still 4 teams that can grab the 2 wild card tickets to the playtoffs. 4 teams, playing in 4 games against 4 different teams with a variety of talent, from the worst in baseball to the best in baseball... It is historic.

Here is the details... [www.cbssports.com]

MLB network (ch 213 DTV) is bouncing around... but I sure wish I could get the MLB extra inning for one night.

ps
How about that American League East? WOW!!! 3/5 [www.cbssports.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-29 02:27 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: September 29, 2011 07:48

MLB might be interesting if there weren't so many games and teams were better, which might result in more playoff contenders.

Alas, it's boring beyond death.

In Miami I bet they're starting to say Reggie who?

Date: September 30, 2011 02:18

DragonSky
MLB might be interesting if there weren't so many games and teams were better, which might result in more playoff contenders.

Alas, it's boring beyond death.
I'm guessing you posted this before the single most exciting day in MLB history yesterday?eye rolling smiley

Date: October 2, 2011 01:12

college ball alert... this Alabama V Florida tonight could be a gooder.

Date: October 2, 2011 09:19

Stanford....Best college team in the country. Tomorrow's S.C.L.(stone cold lock)Take the Pack,give the points.

Date: October 4, 2011 03:29

Hippy Curtis Painter starting for the Colts tonight...

....as all of Indiana wonders ... "where is Peyton.... why?.. when?"

....As Tampa Bay enjoys a rare day in sports...
Home town hosted MNF AND BASEBALL PLAYOFFS.... lucky ducks....

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-04 03:39 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: October 4, 2011 04:48

CP looks ok so far. Looks like a bad day in the Bay. But a good one for me. Got Indy and the points.......I'm also 2-0 with my S.C.L.'s.smileys with beer

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: October 4, 2011 06:27

sweetcharmedlife
CP looks ok so far. Looks like a bad day in the Bay. But a good one for me. Got Indy and the points.......I'm also 2-0 with my S.C.L.'s.smileys with beer
Yup the hippy is doing A-OK... and mkaing you money money money CHA-CHING

Date: October 4, 2011 14:23

Pick of the week .

The Colts giving 2 to the Chiefs .

I had my first hiccup of the season .
The Falcons blew a huge lead and I was beaten by the spread .thumbs down

YTD 2 - 1

Date: October 6, 2011 18:57

Hank Williams Jr. out on Monday Night Football

[abcnews.go.com]

Date: October 6, 2011 19:03

boston2006

[abcnews.go.com]
Good,his 15 minutes was up a long time ago. I think this should be the new MNF theme song.

Date: October 6, 2011 20:21

boston2006

[abcnews.go.com]

Funny how they both are saying they ended it...

as someone once said .... "You cant fire me, I quit!!"

the article- [abcnews.go.com]

Are you ready for some football? Hank Williams Jr. isn't anymore.

The country singer and ESPN each took credit for the decision Thursday morning to ax his classic intro to "Monday Night Football."

The network had pulled the song from the game earlier this week after Williams made an analogy to Adolf @#$%& while discussing President Barack Obama on Fox News on Monday morning.

"After reading hundreds of e-mails, I have made MY decision," Williams said in a statement to The Associated Press. "By pulling my opening Oct 3rd, You (ESPN) stepped on the Toes of The First Amendment Freedom of Speech, so therefore Me, My Song, and All My Rowdy Friends are OUT OF HERE. It's been a great run."

But ESPN's statement said: "We have decided to part ways with Hank Williams Jr. We appreciate his contributions over the past years. The success of Monday Night Football has always been about the games and that will continue."

Spokesman Kirt Webster said Williams made the decision Wednesday night, while the network said it informed Williams of the move Thursday morning.

The country singer and ESPN each took credit for the decision Thursday morning, Oct. 6, 2011, to no longer use his classic intro to "Monday Night Football." The network had pulled the song from the game earlier this week after Williams made an analogy to Adolf @#$%& in discussing President Barack Obama on Fox News on Monday morning. (AP Photo/John Raoux, File) CloseRegardless of whose call it was, one of sports' and entertainment's most visible partnerships is over. The song had been a "Monday Night Football" staple since 1989 and survived the game's switch of networks from ABC to cable a few years ago.

The song is based on Williams' hit "All My Rowdy Friends Are Coming Over Tonight." The lyrics were changed each week to reflect the night's game.

ESPN will no longer have access to the music or words because Williams owns the publishing rights, the master recordings and the song. Williams, the son of country music icon Hank Williams, is known for his bombastic manner and easy opinions.

Williams' statement on "Fox & Friends" comparing a golf game between Obama and Republican Rep. John Boehner to an outing featuring @#$%& and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu went viral after ESPN announced it would pull the intro late that afternoon.

"It'd be like @#$%& playing golf with Netanyahu," Williams said during the satellite interview.

Asked to clarify, Williams said, "They're the enemy," adding that by "they" he meant Obama and Vice President Joe Biden.

Anchor Gretchen Carlson later said to him, "You used the name of one of the most hated people in all of the world to describe, I think, the president." Williams replied, "Well, that is true. But I'm telling you like it is."

Williams issued a statement Monday night insisting his remarks were misunderstood

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-06 20:31 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: October 9, 2011 00:32

Some sad news to report .......

Al Davis, owner of the Oakland Raiders, dies

The Oakland Raiders said on Saturday that the team's longtime owner, Al Davis, had died. He was 82.

Davis, one of the most important figures in N.F.L. history, was best known as a rebel, a man whose team's silver-and-black colors and pirate logo symbolized his attitude toward authority, both on the field and off.

Davis was hired as coach and general manager of the Raiders at the age of 33 and later became principal owner.

He was also was commissioner of the American Football League in 1966 and was viewed as a driving force in the merger with the NFL that created the modern competition.

He was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1992

Date: October 9, 2011 08:26

Tomorrow's Stone Cold Lock (SCL). Take New Orleans give 6.5

Date: October 13, 2011 10:37

Well my prognostication skills seem to have eroded .
Another epic collapse after my selection was out in front with a sizable led .

Apparently my spelling skills have let me down also .

Pick of the week .

New England giving 7 to Dallas .

YTD 2 - 2

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-13 14:51 by boston2006.

Date: October 13, 2011 20:29

My pick didn't cover eitehr last week. But this weeks S.C.L. is a guaranteed can't miss. Take MY San Francisco 49ers and 4.5 points,although you won't need them. The y will upset the previously undefeated Detroit Lions this week.

Date: October 13, 2011 20:36

sweetcharmedlife
My pick didn't cover either last week. But this weeks S.C.L. is a guaranteed can't miss. Take MY San Francisco 49ers and 4.5 points, although you won't need them. They will upset the previously undefeated Detroit Lions this week.

This may be the week Detroit goes down becasue someone said the NFL told Detroit players that they can no longer wear the darkened lenses on their helmets......

why?

So...... they cant hide their lion eyes.

Date: October 13, 2011 20:39

Max'sKansasCity
sweetcharmedlife
My pick didn't cover either last week. But this weeks S.C.L. is a guaranteed can't miss. Take MY San Francisco 49ers and 4.5 points, although you won't need them. They will upset the previously undefeated Detroit Lions this week.

This may be the week Detroit goes down becasue someone said the NFL told Detroit players that they can no longer wear the darkened lenses on their helmets......

why?

So...... they cant hide their lion eyes.
thumbs down

Date: October 17, 2011 02:27

Good grief,
Tom Brady has not lost a regular home start since November 2006? 31 straight wins? That is amazing... and I dont even like the guy, but that is amazing.. and today he and Bill Belichick tie Shula and Marino for QB/Coach tandem wins at 116 wins?? wow... I sure hope the New England fans appreciate what they have, buncha lucky ducks.

ps
Stay classy sanfran coach Harbaugh.

Date: October 17, 2011 02:30

Max'sKansasCity
Good grief,
Tom Brady has not lost a regular home start since November 2006? 31 straight wins? That is amazing... and I dont even like the guy, but that is amazing.. and today he and Bill Belichick tie Shula and Marino for QB/Coach tandem wins at 116 wins?? wow... I sure hope the New England fans appreciate what they have, buncha lucky ducks.

ps

exactly but with all that hype they haven't won a playoff game in 3 years

Date: October 17, 2011 02:43

keefriffhard4life
wuddyagunnadosmoking smiley

Date: October 17, 2011 02:54

Max'sKansasCity
keefriffhard4life
wuddyagunnadosmoking smiley

lol

Date: October 17, 2011 05:34

Max'sKansasCity

Exactly what did Harbaugh do wrong. His team,which has had terrible records for the longest time. Starts to turn things around and his team gets a big win on the road against a previous undefeated team. Guess what,dude's happy,proud of his team. So he runs off the field feeling pretty good about things. Jim Schwartz,who his no shrinking violet. Goes ballistic. His team is just a bunch of punks like him. Jim Leyland could teach that guy a hell of a lot about class.

Date: October 17, 2011 05:53

sweetcharmedlife
Max'sKansasCity

Exactly what did Harbaugh do wrong. His team,which has had terrible records for the longest time. Starts to turn things around and his team gets a big win on the road against a previous undefeated team. Guess what,dude's happy,proud of his team. So he runs off the field feeling pretty good about things. Jim Schwartz,who his no shrinking violet. Goes ballistic. His team is just a bunch of punks like him. Jim Leyland could teach that guy a hell of a lot about class.
doth protest too much, methinks.

Date: October 17, 2011 07:45

Methinks maybe you might want and try get a few facts straight before you try and stay classy Max:
DETROIT -- I've already referred to Detroit Lions coach Jim Schwartz as a "sideline madman" this season. So what do we call him now following his stunning (over)reaction after Sunday's 25-19 loss to the San Francisco 49ers?

You've probably seen the video by now. If not, you'll soon see jubilant 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh bounding to midfield for the traditional coaches' handshake. Harbaugh wound up and gave Schwartz an excited handshake, followed by a hard slap to the back with his left hand.
Schwartz immediately turned around with a perturbed look on his face, chased Harbaugh down and bumped his right shoulder into Harbaugh's left shoulder. Schwartz then chased Harbaugh about 40 yards downfield to the players' tunnel and made a number of attempts to charge into a quickly growing mass of players, coaches and staffers to get at Harbaugh. Order was eventually restored, but afterward Schwartz neither apologized nor backed off his reaction.

"I went to congratulate Coach Harbaugh and got shoved out of the way," Schwartz said. "And then I didn't expect an obscenity at that point, so it was a surprise to me at the end of the game."

Asked for further details, Schwartz said: "I'll just leave it right there. I'm sure it's on video."

I'm wondering whether Schwartz will feel the same way after seeing the video. "Shoved out of the way" is a bit of an exaggeration. The exchange looked as though one of the coaches was having a hard time accepting his team's first loss of the season.

Schwartz said "there's a protocol in this league," implying that Harbaugh violated some unwritten rule of postgame sportsmanship. It's rich, to say the least, that Schwartz would be offended after a season of his exuberant fist pumps, cursing at officials and taunting opposing players. Those instances were fun and representative of the Lions' newfound passion, but this one violated protocol? Hmmmm.

Harbaugh might have been exuberant, but nothing that I saw him do was unsportsmanlike. If he directed an obscenity to Schwartz, it wasn't clear on video. And even if he had, it wouldn't be beyond the realm of an NFL coach to maintain his composure in that situation rather than charge after his counterpart.

Take a look at the photograph accompanying this post. There is a difference between being passionate and acting like a lunatic. Let's just say Schwartz approached the latter.

For his part, Harbaugh took the blame for shaking Schwartz's hand too hard.

"That is totally on me," Harbaugh said. "I shook his hand too hard. I really went in, and it was a strong, kind of a slap-grab handshake."

But to be clear: No handshake and no obscenity could merit Schwartz’s reaction. Either there is more to this story or Schwartz needs to take a few (dozen) deep breaths next time. If he had an issue with Harbaugh, he should have settled it on the phone Monday morning. To use a phrase I’ve heard him say a few times: Good grief

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 42

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1367
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home