Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 42
Re: OT ~ NFL begins tonight
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 13, 2011 22:02

lem motlow
colonial
Is there really any need for Gridiron players to wear all that stuff and a crash helmet of all things.It looks like its all for show confused smiley

i dont know why people get all nationalistic about sports.i'm from the states and i thinkr rugby,soccer[football]australian rules football,cricket etc are all great.
having said that, colonials post had me really really laughing-
let me try to explain -in american football the players arent just trained for the sport,they are literally chosen and trained for the position they play..stay with me here..
the linemen-the guys protecting the quarterback and they guys on the other side trying to hospitalise him are usually between 300 and 360 lbs.
on the reverse side of this a wide receiver[the guys who catch a thrown ball]sometimes are only 170 lbs but are chosen for being very fast.most of them were track and field stars in school.
so we have varying sizes of players,170,220,280,300+ etc all crashing into each other at a high rate of speed[nearly every player in the nfl can run 40 yards in under 5 seconds]

in the old days before the high-tech equipment players were sometimes paralyzed for life or even killed on the field.so no,the helmets and pads arent for "show"

That is a great explaination... nice workthumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 13, 2011 22:03

keefriffhard4life
Max'sKansasCity
It was worth watching all of last nights back-to-back MNF games for 2 plays... Brady's 99 1/2 yard Touchdown pass(run)... and Janikowski's 63 yard field goal kick... both (tie)NFL records... awesome to see.

yeah but they also gave up 500 yards of offense to the dolphins. not a good sign as defense has been the pats problem over the last 3 years. there is a reason the last 6 games against the jets the pats are 2-4
I know. I took the Pats D in my fantasy league. After watching them last night I'm looking for a new D.moody smiley

Date: September 13, 2011 22:29

sweetcharmedlife
keefriffhard4life
Max'sKansasCity
It was worth watching all of last nights back-to-back MNF games for 2 plays... Brady's 99 1/2 yard Touchdown pass(run)... and Janikowski's 63 yard field goal kick... both (tie)NFL records... awesome to see.

yeah but they also gave up 500 yards of offense to the dolphins. not a good sign as defense has been the pats problem over the last 3 years. there is a reason the last 6 games against the jets the pats are 2-4
I know. I took the Pats D in my fantasy league. After watching them last night I'm looking for a new D.moody smiley

if you look at the last few seasons anytime the pats are held to about 24 points or less the lose the game. why is that? because they are going to give up at least 3 TDs and a field goal

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 13, 2011 22:57

lem motlow
in the old days before the high-tech equipment players were sometimes paralyzed for life or even killed on the field.so no,the helmets and pads arent for "show"

I remember hearing that just prior to WWII, Japanese intelligence officers who had been in the U.S. described Americans as "very tough people" (or something like that) and told of a game they play that was very "war-like" where men would beat each other up just to move a ball down the field.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: September 14, 2011 04:32

Where is the defense?? 517 yards passing is utterly ridiculous!!!!

Date: September 14, 2011 05:44

Edith Grove
lem motlow

I remember hearing that just prior to WWII, Japanese intelligence officers who had been in the U.S. described Americans as "very tough people" (or something like that) and told of a game they play that was very "war-like" where men would beat each other up just to move a ball down the field.

Date: September 18, 2011 04:26

Holy crap, is anyone else watching this #1 Oklahoma versus #5 Florida State game? It is college ball, but at this level of talent it verges on NFL quality and it is a text book example of why the players should wear the helmets and pads. They are creaming each other, it is brutal. I wonder what the naysayers, who poo poo players wearing some protection, would say after watching a hard hitting game like this?

Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: September 18, 2011 04:50

Beer football and strippers....to be 25 again!!

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: September 18, 2011 05:44

Edith Grove
lem motlow

Good thing the Japanese didn't see this:

Date: September 18, 2011 06:16

Max'sKansasCity
Holy crap, is anyone else watching this #1 Oklahoma versus #5 Florida State game? It is college ball, but at this level of talent it verges on NFL quality and it is a text book example of why the players should wear the helmets and pads. They are creaming each other, it is brutal. I wonder what the naysayers, who poo poo players wearing some protection, would say after watching a hard hitting game like this?
Yeah I've been watching it. Hell of a good game. More defense than I expected. Saw the Florida St guy get creamed in the end zone and get carried off on a stretcher. Didn't hear what happened to him. Hope he's ok. But got a couple a penny's on OU. Hope they hold on..........And your lock of the day tomorrow. Take the Steelers go ahead and give up the ton of points. They win by 50......Remember you can't spell stone cold lock without SCL!smoking smiley

Date: September 18, 2011 14:57

sweetcharmedlife
Max'sKansasCity
Yeah I've been watching it. Hell of a good game. More defense than I expected. Saw the Florida St guy get creamed in the end zone and get carried off on a stretcher. Didn't hear what happened to him. Hope he's ok. But got a couple a penny's on OU. Hope they hold on.....

They will(did)... that was the best game I have seen in a long time, the blitzing and great defensive covereages made it almost scary to watch. It took great throws/catches to move the ball, with both Ds grabbing multiple ints and sacks... made for a great game.... I had no pick to win and was still on the edge of my seat, it was just great football, we should hope for as good a game in the National Championship.

As far as the kid who was sandwiched, carted off and taken to the hospital, unbeliveably he was cheked out OK, and was back on the side line (in street clothes) before the game ended.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: September 18, 2011 16:22

Today's pick

Philadelphia Eagles
Atlanta Falcons +3

I like Atlanta in this one . A lot of pressure on Michael Vick in his return .

Date: September 18, 2011 19:31

Max'sKansasCity
sweetcharmedlife
Max'sKansasCity
Yeah I've been watching it. Hell of a good game. More defense than I expected. Saw the Florida St guy get creamed in the end zone and get carried off on a stretcher. Didn't hear what happened to him. Hope he's ok. But got a couple a penny's on OU. Hope they hold on.....

They will(did)... that was the best game I have seen in a long time, the blitzing and great defensive covereages made it almost scary to watch. It took great throws/catches to move the ball, with both Ds grabbing multiple ints and sacks... made for a great game.... I had no pick to win and was still on the edge of my seat, it was just great football, we should hope for as good a game in the National Championship.

As far as the kid who was sandwiched, carted off and taken to the hospital, unbeliveably he was cheked out OK, and was back on the side line (in street clothes) before the game ended.
Nice to hear the kid was ok. The national championship game would be a lot better if they didn't have 6 weeks off before they played........NFL Sunday, GO NINERS!!!!!!!

Date: September 18, 2011 19:57

WEEK 2 BABAY!!! LETS TURN THIS MUTHA OUT!!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: September 19, 2011 04:07

Bills come back and stun the Raiders in Buffalo 38 - 35. The Bills down at halftime 21 to 3. Led by Harvard quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, the Bills scored 35 second half points in route to a home opener victory.

Meanwhile in San Francisco, the Cowboys school the Niners with a 27 - 24 OT victory for the many Cowboys fans cheering in attendance. Tony Romo and a cracked rib the hero in this one.

Date: September 19, 2011 04:26

are the patriots ever going to play defense?

Date: September 19, 2011 05:52

The Sicilian
Bills come back and stun the Raiders in Buffalo 38 - 35. The Bills down at halftime 21 to 3. Led by Harvard quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, the Bills scored 35 second half points in route to a home opener victory.

Meanwhile in San Francisco, the Cowboys school the Niners with a 27 - 24 OT victory for the many Cowboys fans cheering in attendance. Tony Romo and a cracked rib the hero in this one.
School the Niners? By winning by 3 in OT

Date: September 19, 2011 14:09

keefriffhard4life

They have outscored opponents 73 to 45 .
II know that the league mantra is defense wins championships but an offense that can seemingly score at will is an explosive weapon .
Ought to be quite a shootout next week vs. Buffalo .

BTW if anyone took my advice on the Eagles - Falcons game you'd have pocketed some extra cash .

Date: September 19, 2011 14:52

boston2006
keefriffhard4life

They have outscored opponents 73 to 45 .
II know that the league mantra is defense wins championships but an offense that can seemingly score at will is an explosive weapon .
Ought to be quite a shootout next week vs. Buffalo .

BTW if anyone took my advice on the Eagles - Falcons game you'd have pocketed some extra cash .

but after 2 games they've also given up about 1,000 yards of offense. not a good sign at all

Date: September 19, 2011 19:17

boston2006
keefriffhard4life

..........And your lock of the day tomorrow. Take the Steelers go ahead and give up the ton of points. They win by 50......Remember you can't spell stone cold lock without SCL.
I took my own advice and pocketed a good deal of extra cash.drinking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: September 20, 2011 03:31

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 20, 2011 03:38

Max'sKansasCity

The first record I ever bought.
45-rpm single purchased at a Walgreen's Pharmacy.
I think Circle For A Landing was the B-side.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 20, 2011 04:50

Max'sKansasCity

College ball is where it's at! It's all a bit overdone and produced by the time they hit the big leagues. I love going to a college game in the middle of the USA in whatever city I'm in on a Saturday. Places like Lawrence KS and Columbia MO et al. Those people LIVE for their Saturday games, a true slice of Americana and some great football games. Not to mention all the hot college chicks shaking their stuff for the home team. The parties before and after those games rival the excitement of a Rolliong Stones concert. peace.

Date: September 20, 2011 05:19

Naturalust
Max'sKansasCity

College ball is where it's at! It's all a bit overdone and produced by the time they hit the big leagues. I love going to a college game in the middle of the USA in whatever city I'm in on a Saturday. Places like Lawrence KS and Columbia MO et al. Those people LIVE for their Saturday games, a true slice of Americana and some great football games. Not to mention all the hot college chicks shaking their stuff for the home team. The parties before and after those games rival the excitement of a Rolliong Stones concert. peace.

I am not sure about Lawrence or Columbia, but some schools, which have good football teams... HELL YEAH Saturday rulez..

I like NFL and college football both fine, some people say they only do one or thother, as for me, I just want a good game.... and I am telling you that college game the other night was out of control awesome, it was one of the best games, pro or college, I have seen in a while.... maybe it was the #1 vs #5 aspect, but those kids were giving it everything, playing like a national championship game. Those defense were scary, like Halloween... such great defense, the QB had a hard time making anything happen, and when they did make it click... it was awesome.... that was a special game, and I had no pick in the game... it was just old fashioned rock show.

now.... if you wanna talk Lawrence Kansas and KU Basketball, now we are talking one of the most exciting places in the Universe.

Date: September 23, 2011 00:57

Pick of the week .

Baltimore giving 4 to St Louis .

I look for the Baltimore Ravens to bounce back after losing last week to the Tennessee Titans .

St. Louis has had one less day of preparation and the Ravens defense should rattle Sam Bradfords cage

YTD 1 - 0

Date: September 23, 2011 02:30

Pick of the week .

Buffalo beating the Patriots. (or at least covering the spread)

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: September 23, 2011 03:14

For Colonial:

Date: September 25, 2011 23:26

sweetcharmedlife
Pick of the week .

Nice pick !!

You know I'm not smiling baby angry smiley

Date: September 26, 2011 01:55

sweetcharmedlife
Pick of the week .

A great win today for the Bills. Intercepting Brady 4 times. The Harvard QB wins again.

Finally, although it took 16 tries to do it.

Buffalo 34 New England 31.

Date: September 26, 2011 02:10

BTW, the Buffalo Bills are the first team in NFL history to win back to back games after being down by 18 or more points in each game.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 42

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1689
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home