Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8
Re: Coming soon: The Rolling Stones Some Girls Live In Texas 78
Posted by: ab ()
Date: September 7, 2011 15:47

Do we get to throw bottles at the screen when they don't return for an encore?

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: September 7, 2011 15:49

teleblaster
Sleepy City
jeanmarie
great news, really, , the entire show, I enjoy. hope one day something on the knebworth

I don't think all of Knebworth was actually filmed. Would be nice to have official DVDs representing other 70s tours though.

I'm sure it was, actually. Looking forward to this one in the meantime, though.

What evidence do you have of this?

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: September 7, 2011 17:40

Really? You made my year ...

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: September 7, 2011 17:52

Sleepy City
71Tele
Fanfuckingtastic.

Now let's have 1973, please.

smileys with beer

Do we know for certain whether a full filmed show survives in the archives? I've always loved this clip:

Highly unlikely - great clip, but this is a single camera angle.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: September 7, 2011 17:55

71Tele
Fanfuckingtastic.

I'll second that!
This was the best news I've heard from the Stones/associates since the Deluxe Exile. Even hotter than Ladies & Gents, since this has tons of unbooted material.

I'm glad Eagle Rock saw potential in this after the Ladies & Gents release, especially since that one was widely bootlegged already and maybe wouldn't be a strong seller (I have no idea how it fared so far).

Posted by: matsumoto33 ()
Date: September 7, 2011 18:12

drbryant
Sleepy City
71Tele
Fanfuckingtastic.

smileys with beer

Do we know for certain whether a full filmed show survives in the archives? I've always loved this clip:

Wasn't that filmed for the OGWT? I think i remember reading somewhere that the camera crew only got there in time to film the last song. I'll have a dig around and see if I can find the quote...

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: September 7, 2011 18:20

matsumoto33
drbryant
Sleepy City
71Tele
Fanfuckingtastic.

smileys with beer

Wasn't that filmed for the OGWT? I think i remember reading somewhere that the camera crew only got there in time to film the last song. I'll have a dig around and see if I can find the quote...

Yes, definitely from 'Old Grey Whistle Test'.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 7, 2011 18:23

Concerning 1973...most probably; one (or several) of the London concerts are still available in the archieves, somewhere - PRO-shot. There was a short glimpse of this footage.....about 1-2 seconds....shown in a documentary; a few years ago. Maybe it was in Shine A Light - I can't remember.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: September 7, 2011 18:23

"Lies" isn't on it, does that mean they dropped it from the set that night?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-07 18:24 by ryanpow.

Posted by: Ringo Kid ()
Date: September 7, 2011 18:34

Yeah, looks like it. All the setlists of that tour is listed in The Complete Woodstock Rehearsal Tapes box set. But they played Lies the next night, at the Sam Houston Colliseum, in Houston, TX.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: September 7, 2011 19:21

maumau
on rs fb profile wall a question is posted now: where were you in the summer of '78... winking smiley

I saw this too. So something is now officially acknowledged/confirmed by the band. That something could also be Some Girls deluxe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-07 19:28 by Sipuncula.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: September 7, 2011 21:18

Erik_Snow
Concerning 1973...most probably; one (or several) of the London concerts are still available in the archieves, somewhere - PRO-shot. There was a short glimpse of this footage.....about 1-2 seconds....shown in a documentary; a few years ago. Maybe it was in Shine A Light - I can't remember.

Adding to Erik's info - if memory serves, there were some high quality colour clips of 72/72 shows, that did not seem to be from L&G, briefly glimpsed in the BBC Culture Show Keith Richards interview.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: September 7, 2011 22:58

The Rolling Stones: Some Girls Live In Texas
Coming Soon to Movies @ Gorey, Ireland, Tuesday 04 Oct.
[www.moviesatgorey.ie]

and:
Mayo Movieworld, Ireland, too:
[www.mayomovieworld.ie]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-07 23:03 by HighwireC.

Posted by: DartfordRenegade ()
Date: September 7, 2011 23:28

This is great news. I've got many of the boots on vinyl from that tour but a DVD / Film of one of the shows is something else. Really looking forward to this release. Christmas has come early! smileys with beer

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: September 8, 2011 00:46

What a great piece of news,something to look forward to at last.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: September 8, 2011 00:54

"I'm glad Eagle Rock saw potential in this after the Ladies & Gents release, especially since that one was widely bootlegged already and maybe wouldn't be a strong seller (I have no idea how it fared so far)."

In Canada...DOUBLE PLATINUM DVD - 20,000 Units as of June 11/2011...

In US ...you can estimate another 200,000 units (x10)

Sales figures are kept secret in the US but x10 Canada is usually pretty close but likely a little lower

Still..Not Bad! They made money on LGTRS 220,00 units x $10...$2.2 million in North America only before expenses!

I think we'll see more of these...

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 8, 2011 03:56

great news!!!!!!! why wasnt it good enough for mick then but it is now?

Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: September 8, 2011 04:16

OK this clears up a few things

* This is why The stones are trying to delay the Ed Sullivan DVD.

* This is the concert to be used for the Some Girls celebration.

Soul

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: September 8, 2011 05:54

I LOVE NEWS LIKE THIS!!! I can't believe I didn't see this YESTERDAY!! WaHOOO!! Can't wait!!

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: September 8, 2011 06:25

melillo
great news!!!!!!! why wasnt it good enough for mick then but it is now?

Money! They are listening to the fans, etc., and want to cash in while we're both still alive.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 8, 2011 10:47

wow.

...and I thought most of my disposable income was going to be channelled towards Superheavy CDs, CD singles, Vinyl Albums, Postcards, and downloads this year.

I may have to put in for some 'overtime' at work!

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: September 8, 2011 11:38

Father Ted
Erik_Snow

Adding to Erik's info - if memory serves, there were some high quality colour clips of 72/72 shows, that did not seem to be from L&G, briefly glimpsed in the BBC Culture Show Keith Richards interview.

I look forward to the '78 film. A film from Europe '73 too would be absolutely fantastic.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: September 8, 2011 11:43

Sleepy City
teleblaster
Sleepy City
jeanmarie
great news, really, , the entire show, I enjoy. hope one day something on the knebworth

I don't think all of Knebworth was actually filmed. Would be nice to have official DVDs representing other 70s tours though.

I'm sure it was, actually. Looking forward to this one in the meantime, though.

What evidence do you have of this?

I was there and remember the film crew filming it throughout the concert. They showed it live on screens (black and white as I remember) away from the stage. I'm sure I've read an interview with one of the engineers confirming the whole show was filmed.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: September 8, 2011 11:57

What about 1975 LA ? Any hope?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 8, 2011 14:27

What about 1975 LA ? Any hope?

Not in the short term as its not seen as a classic, iconic or highly marketable period in the band's history, but once the band are officially done as a touring/recording entity and all there ARE are archive releases, I'd imagine it would be highly likely at some point.

Posted by: OlRiddim ()
Date: September 8, 2011 15:23

EAGLE ROCK ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS
THE ROLLING STONES CAUGHT LIVE AT THE TOP OF THEIR GAME
SOME GIRLS LIVE IN TEXAS 1978
LIVE CONCERT OUT ON DVD AND BLU-RAY NOVEMBER 21

New York, NY (September 8, 2011)– Continuing their partnership with the greatest rock ‘n’ roll band in the world, Eagle Rock Entertainment have announced the DVD and Blu-Ray release of The Rolling Stones Some Girls Live in Texas 1978. Available for the first time ever on November 21, Some Girls Live in Texas 1978 features Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, Ronnie Wood and Bill Wyman live in concert during the 1978 US tour which followed the release of their groundbreaking album Some Girls. [Pre-book order date October 28, MSRP $14.98 for DVD, $19.98 for Blu-ray, and TBA for DVD/CD and Blu-ray/CD].

Some Girls Live in Texas 1978 comes hot on the heels of the huge success of 2010’s Stones in Exile and Ladies & Gentlemen and marks the next stage in the Eagle Vision / Rolling Stones enterprise. Some Girls Live in Texas 1978 will be available on four different formats: DVD, Blu-Ray, plus special edition DVD + CD and Blu-Ray + CD digipack presentations including a reproduction tour program. Bonus features on all formats will include a new interview with Mick Jagger. Worldwide theatrical distribution deals including the US (in October 2011) will be announced soon.

Capturing The Rolling Stones at their live best, and fully restored to the highest level of picture and sound quality, Some Girls Live in Texas 1978 was filmed at the Will Rogers Memorial Center in Forth Worth, Texas on July 18, 1978 on what many fans consider to be one of the band’s greatest tours. This was due to the band’s ‘back to basics’ approach both musically and visually, as the shows were stripped back compared to previous tours, harnessing the new punk rock attitude of the late 70s.

Showcasing many songs from the Some Girls album, celebrated for being the Rolling Stones’ most direct and diverse collection of music, and which by the time the band arrived in Texas, had gone to the top of the US charts, this concert demonstrates the sheer force and raw energy of The Rolling Stones live on stage.

Some Girls songs like “Miss You,” “Respectable,” “Beast Of Burden,” “When The Whip Comes Down,” and “Shattered,” weave into a set list which also includes “All Down The Line,” “Honky Tonk Women,” “Tumbling Dice,” “Jumpin’ Jack Flash,” “Happy,” and “Brown Sugar.”

Originally shot on 16mm film, the concert footage has been carefully restored with the sound remixed and remastered by Bob Clearmountain from the original multi track tapes.

“Eagle is delighted to once again be working with the Rolling Stones on another landmark release highlighting an outstanding performance from the world’s greatest rock ‘n’ roll band.”
- Lindsay Brown, Managing Director Operations & International, Eagle Rock Entertainment Ltd

The Rolling Stones – ‘Some Girls Live in Texas 1978’ is released November 21 on Eagle Vision.

TRACKLISTING:

1) Let It Rock
2) All Down The Line
3) Honky Tonk Women
4) Star Star
5) When The Whip Comes Down
6) Beast Of Burden
7) Miss You
8) Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)
9) Shattered
10) Respectable
11) Far Away Eyes
12) Love In Vain
13) Tumbling Dice
14) Happy
15) Sweet Little Sixteen
16) Brown Sugar
17) Jumpin’ Jack Flash

Format: DVD
Cat No: EV303949
Barcode: 801213039494
RRP: $14.98
DVD Format: NTSC Region 0
Screen Format: 16:9
Sound Formats: DTS Surround Sound, Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Digital Stereo
Running Time: 85 mins (Main Concert)
Subtitles: (Bonus Features Only): English, French, Spanish, German

Format: DVD + CD
Cat No: EV303959
Barcode: 801213039593
RRP: $TBA
DVD Format: NTSC Region 0
Sound Formats: DTS Surround Sound, Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Digital Stereo
Subtitles: (Bonus Features Only) English, French, Spanish, German

Format: Blu-ray
Cat No: EVB334039
Barcode: 801213340392
RRP: $19.98
Sound Formats: DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Digital 5.1, LPCM Stereo

Format: Blu-ray + CD
Cat No: EVB334049
Barcode: 801213340491
RRP: $TBA
Sound Formats: DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Digital 5.1, LPCM Stereo
Running Time: 85 mins (Main Feature)

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 8, 2011 15:31

Presumably they've got tape of every concert they've done with giant video screens. Could be a deluge of stuff coming out now.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 8, 2011 15:35

Silver Dagger
Presumably they've got tape of every concert they've done with giant video screens. Could be a deluge of stuff coming out now.

I don't think we'll see any deluge. More likely one or two items every year right before Christmastime until the fanbase is all either in nursing homes or cemeteries.

Date: September 8, 2011 15:36

Very interesting to see the press release. Thank you for posting. I'm curious what track(s) will be cut to fit the 80 minute CD restiction.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: September 8, 2011 15:38

So they actually going to release a CD of the concert as well. With 85 mins long wondering which song will be skipped on the CD...

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1783
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home