Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Track Talk: In Another Land
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 19, 2023 14:03

Yeah it does ...especially as it winds down towards the end.

The experimenting with new fangled and synthesized sounds was a big part of psychedelia .

But if you took a lot of psychedelic songs and removed the trippy 60's effects and instrumentation, you'd end up with something sounding like a lightweight folk song or a children's ditty . grinning smiley

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 19, 2023 14:10

Spud
His Majesty

...They did psych better than some of the more celebrated, supposed proper psych bands. Citadel, 2000 Man, 2000 Light Years From Home, We Love You, Child of the Moon etc...

Yes they did ...but much of it is still a load of trippy b*llocks, be it from the Stones or anybody else grinning smiley

I find Satanic a fabulous album and it could have been a true classic if they left off See What Happens and Gomper, and replaced it with Dandelion and We Love You, and even the earlier Please Go Home.

Mathijs

Date: January 19, 2023 15:02

I always enjoy listening to TSMR ...but I'd like it a whole lot more without some of the then trendy instrumentation and effects.

I know that the psychedelic period was an interesting time for music, but it just leaves me cold I'm afraid . Each to their own grinning smiley

Date: January 19, 2023 15:09

I think the problem with much psychedelia was that the songs became secondary to the sonic experimentation...rather than the sonics being a servant to the song.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-19 16:45 by Spud.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: January 19, 2023 16:17

Try-hard album unfortunately.
Although I do like In Another Land !

Posted by: Congratulations ()
Date: January 21, 2023 03:20

Mathijs
I find Satanic a fabulous album and it could have been a true classic if they left off See What Happens and Gomper, and replaced it with Dandelion and We Love You, and even the earlier Please Go Home.

Never thought of including 'Please Go Home'. It's a wonderful song, but I think lyrically it belongs more in the Aftermath/BTB era. Agree regarding 'We Love You' and 'Dandelion', and I think 'Child Of The Moon' (a song started during the TSMR sessions) would've also made a great inclusion.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 21, 2023 03:45

Congratulations
Mathijs

Never thought of including 'Please Go Home'. It's a wonderful song, but I think lyrically it belongs more in the Aftermath/BTB era. Agree regarding 'We Love You' and 'Dandelion', and I think 'Child Of The Moon' (a song started during the TSMR sessions) would've also made a great inclusion.

They had a great, very short, psychedelic period and yeah, if they included all that on TSMR we'd be talking about the big 5 and not the big 4...and maybe even big six or seven as we'd lump BtB and Aftermath in there too.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: January 21, 2023 12:23

In1967, they had a bunch of classic songs released: Ruby Tuesday, Let’Spend the Night Together, She Smiled Sweetly, Yesterday’s Papers, Back Street Girl, Sitting on a Fence, Out of Time, In Another Land, She’s a Rainbow, 2000 Light Years From Home, We Love You.

Date: January 21, 2023 12:25

Taylor1
In1967, they had a bunch of classic songs released: Ruby Tuesday, Let’Spend the Night Together, She Smiled Sweetly, Yesterday’s Papers, Back Street Girl, Sitting on a Fence, Out of Time, In Another Land, She’s a Rainbow, 2000 Light Years From Home, We Love You.

'Out Of Time' was 1966 (UK 'Aftermath').

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: January 21, 2023 18:36

Congratulations
Taylor1

Yes , you are right .Here in America it was1967. Add Citadel and Dandelion to the list

Date: January 21, 2023 18:40

Taylor1
Congratulations
Taylor1

Yes , you are right .Here in America it was1967. Add Citadel and Dandelion to the list

I know I'm very much in the minority on here, but 'Between The Buttons' is by far my all time favourite album by anyone (it just has the edge over 'Aftermath'). Honestly, I couldn't name a weak song on it.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 22, 2023 18:15

Congratulations
Taylor1
Congratulations
Taylor1

I know I'm very much in the minority on here, but 'Between The Buttons' is by far my all time favourite album by anyone (it just has the edge over 'Aftermath'). Honestly, I couldn't name a weak song on it.

Just listened to an original DECCA mono copy the other day...VG condition so a bit of noise but what a tour de force. Love BtB.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1617
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home