Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 66
Re: Let's talk RARE Stones vinyl
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 14, 2015 16:27

Ricky
Yes: 12 x 5 blue vinyl was released in Japan as part of a coloured reissue series in early 1982.
The one on the list above is a US one, probably one factory experiment, probably only one copy made in blue vinyl... I've never seen a picture of this record.

Best

Yeah, that's not referring to the Japanese release.

I believe the US version is a 'rumoured' version...I think I read there may only be one copy, if one even exists.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: September 14, 2015 17:54

It DOES exist (Blue Vinyl) 12 x 5. Only one copy. It resides in Pennsylvania, USA.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 14, 2015 18:01

Holy cow, stone-relics. Nice to see you're still around. Hope to read more of your expertise on vinyl.

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: September 14, 2015 21:11

Yes... it's nice to read again stone-relics info.

There is a good article on this record in the Rolling Stones Cave (page 9 of the Colored vinyl thread) by another Stones expert; stonedkoala:
[stonescave.ning.com]
or
[stonescave.ning.com]

Date: September 15, 2015 00:53

stone-relics
It DOES exist (Blue Vinyl) 12 x 5. Only one copy. It resides in Pennsylvania, USA.

...OK, and where in Pennsylvania do you live?!

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: September 25, 2015 22:17

Sharing something from my collection:
Songs Of The Rolling Stones; 1975 edition with the RnR Circus cover

MPD-1

Matrix side 1: MPD-1A

Matrix side 2: MPD-1B

The 1979 version with the landscape cover has the following matrix. Also note the label variations.

Matrix side 2: MPD-1A -2

Matrix side 2: MPD-1B -2

Wondering if the are more label variations out there...

Hendrik Mulder

Date: September 26, 2015 02:03

Hendrik
Sharing something from my collection:
Songs Of The Rolling Stones; 1975 edition with the RnR Circus cover

MPD-1

Matrix side 1: MPD-1A

Matrix side 2: MPD-1B

The 1979 version with the landscape cover has the following matrix. Also note the label variations.

Matrix side 2: MPD-1A -2

Matrix side 2: MPD-1B -2

Wondering if the are more label variations out there...

Hendrik Mulder

Wow...thanks for sharing that Henrik.

That is truly rare and worth a bit I suspect.

Those are the two variations I'm aware of...not sure if there are others.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 26, 2015 11:14

Songs only take 1.30 till 2.00 per song !!!!!

Date: September 26, 2015 17:46

NICOS

yes, it wasn't a commercial release. just for radio I think.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: September 26, 2015 18:25

treaclefingers
NICOS

treacle , you're absolutely right .

Date: September 26, 2015 18:32

Thanks Boston...in other news, anyone notice that the red vinyl 'Vintage Vinos' release fetches north of $800 now?

How the hell is that possible?!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 26, 2015 18:59

treaclefingers
Thanks Boston...in other news, anyone notice that the red vinyl 'Vintage Vinos' release fetches north of $800 now?

$800?!? eye popping smiley

I've seen some of these being sold for around $150 on ebay, which is still a lot of money.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 26, 2015 20:39

treaclefingers
NICOS

Okay I understand probably for jingles purpose....this reminds me of the early 70's when I made compact cassettes for in the car with snippets of Stones song which were very popular in my family and friends.....only to make them Stones fans grinning smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 27, 2015 02:01

Didn't know Vintage Vinos was rare? It's like a bottle of Chateaux Moutin Rothschild, around the same price.drinking smiley

Date: September 27, 2015 19:00

Cristiano Radtke
treaclefingers

$800?!? eye popping smiley

I've seen some of these being sold for around $150 on ebay, which is still a lot of money.

Definitely a better deal than I noticed...I can't remember when I first saw the really high prices, however this may have been the one I was referring to:

[www.amazon.ca]

Date: September 27, 2015 19:03

In other news...just noticed on Amazon.ca that the 4 LP + DVD set of From the Vault: Tokyo Dome is selling for $39.99 Canadian, which is damn cheaper than just about anywhere else, probably even if you factor in shipping.

Just thought y'all like to know:

[www.amazon.ca]

Date: September 28, 2015 18:10

treaclefingers
In other news...just noticed on Amazon.ca that the 4 LP + DVD set of From the Vault: Tokyo Dome is selling for $39.99 Canadian, which is damn cheaper than just about anywhere else, probably even if you factor in shipping.

[www.amazon.ca]

Good deal , I pre~ordered from Amazon US $ 39.98 with free shipping so it more than likely works out to be the same more or less .

Date: September 29, 2015 01:19

boston2006
treaclefingers

[www.amazon.ca]

Good deal , I pre~ordered from Amazon US $ 39.98 with free shipping so it more than likely works out to be the same more or less .

Four slabs of vinyl for one album...I thought the 3 slabs were big, this one will be massive. 2 copies I presume, a 'play' copy and a 'to-remain-sealed' copy?

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: September 30, 2015 11:48

hi everybody,
Just a quick post for a couple of new records I got yesterday.
The former is a US Let it Bleed with W matrix on labels and on vinyl, too. The W on vinyl is inscribed in a circle. I have circa 500 US London Records, but this is totally new to me: I don't have any other albums with such a marker.
The latter is a total news.
Sticky Fingers, pressed by Columbia Records plant, with Excel zip and all the classic early wrintings on rear: ATCO, Sound Packaging, etc etc
The big news is that the labels present two matrix numbers per side:
ST-RS-712189 RS-13653
ST-RS-712190 RS-13654

can you tell spomething more precise about the double matrix, please?
Thanks, Luca

Date: October 1, 2015 09:32

one question on the UK single 'Little Red Rooster'

Issued in 1964, labels correctly sport 'recording first published 1954'.
This kind of warning was abandoned, since January 1st 1965. As the 'open' letter labels were substituted in September 1966, one could guess that all the 1965/66 re-prints of 'LRR' were issued with open labels without the RFP1964 statement.
Fact is that I've never found or seen such re-issues. In other words, all the open letter labels present the RFP1964 and the very first labels missing it are 'boxed'.
In my opion, we have two possibilities: A. DECCA used old leftover labels and did non print the modified ones, B. the most of the available singles are from 1965/66 with newly printed labels, but not re-worked.

Any opinion? Have you got the records I miss?
Thanks, Luca

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: October 1, 2015 10:02

1963luca0
one question on the UK single 'Little Red Rooster'

Issued in 1964, labels correctly sport 'recording first published 1954'.
This kind of warning was abandoned, since January 1st 1965. As the 'open' letter labels were substituted in September 1966, one could guess that all the 1965/66 re-prints of 'LRR' were issued with open labels without the RFP1964 statement.
Fact is that I've never found or seen such re-issues. In other words, all the open letter labels present the RFP1964 and the very first labels missing it are 'boxed'.
In my opion, we have two possibilities: A. DECCA used old leftover labels and did non print the modified ones, B. the most of the available singles are from 1965/66 with newly printed labels, but not re-worked.

Any opinion? Have you got the records I miss?
Thanks, Luca

Some label variations here: [www.45cat.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: October 5, 2015 08:42

Thanks, Deltics
your link confirms that somenthing unusual happened with LLR.
Let's keep on searching...
Luca

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: October 11, 2015 22:00

Does this count as a rarity? (I don't think so) I just found it in our attic. It's a german pressing and it has exactly the Let It Bleed songs on it. Do you know something about this release?

Date: October 11, 2015 23:06

MonkeyMan2000

Does this count as a rarity? (I don't think so) I just found it in our attic. It's a german pressing and it has exactly the Let It Bleed songs on it. Do you know something about this release?

Obviously some sort of 70s DECCA repackage...interesting they chose to use the exact track listing for LIB, although I'd agree with the premise that LIB in an of itself is practically a greatest hits album.

Rare from the perspective probably not too many functional copies.

Valuable? Monetarily probably not, but you never know until you do a bit of research!

Date: October 11, 2015 23:25

Thank you for the reply! It says "Club-Sonderauflage" on it. That means something like club special edition. I just googled the label: SR International. On Discogs it says: music club, releasing exclusive compilations.

Date: October 11, 2015 23:41

MonkeyMan2000
Thank you for the reply! It says "Club-Sonderauflage" on it. That means something like club special edition. I just googled the label: SR International. On Discogs it says: music club, releasing exclusive compilations.

HMMM...maybe you have something there!

In other news, your post and another thread I think you started made me look at my own collection.

I came across a stereo copy of Aftermath, original DECCA (with the open, non-boxed letters, blue label).

Now this copy is absolutely breath taking. The vinyl doesn't have even the slightest scuff and original sheen. No wear marks around the spindle and label is otherwise stellar. The sheen on the cover is amazing, close to no scuffs. No writing, no nothing.

Has to be the best copy of a DECCA original I've ever seen. I was very lucky in picking it up on EBAY several years ago for about $30.

Not sure of it's worth nowadays. I may be mistaken but I think at the time the stereo versions of the albums were still relatively rare and Mono outsold Stereo, until at least the following year and maybe even to Beggar's Banquet or even Let It Bleed.

With Let It Bleed for sure the mono is far rarer than the stereo!

Date: October 11, 2015 23:57

treaclefingers
MonkeyMan2000

In other news, your post and another thread I think you started made me look at my own collection.

I came across a stereo copy of Aftermath, original DECCA (with the open, non-boxed letters, blue label).

Now this copy is absolutely breath taking. The vinyl doesn't have even the slightest scuff and original sheen. No wear marks around the spindle and label is otherwise stellar. The sheen on the cover is amazing, close to no scuffs. No writing, no nothing.

Has to be the best copy of a DECCA original I've ever seen. I was very lucky in picking it up on EBAY several years ago for about $30.

Not sure of it's worth nowadays. I may be mistaken but I think at the time the stereo versions of the albums were still relatively rare and Mono outsold Stereo, until at least the following year and maybe even to Beggar's Banquet or even Let It Bleed.

Wow, that's cool! You know, I want to start searching for rare gems like yours...

I found some information about my find and it sells for about the same amount of money as other records...

Date: October 12, 2015 19:47

MonkeyMan2000
treaclefingers
MonkeyMan2000

Wow, that's cool! You know, I want to start searching for rare gems like yours...

I found some information about my find and it sells for about the same amount of money as other records...

Key is to be patient and not 'overspend'...you can get almost anything if you're willing to spend a lot of money but then you're just throwing your money away.

Plus there is the pleasure of getting something underpriced. In the very first post on this thread you can see the Heart Of Stone single with picture sleeve I purchased for under $20...that title goes for anywhere between $400-800...a good get!

That was just lucky though, right place at the right time (EBAY.co.uk at 4:00 am!).

Date: October 13, 2015 00:07

I JUST SPENT AN HOUR OR SO READING THIS ENTIRE POST FROM START TO FINISH . WE'VE GOT SOME AMAZING STUFF . THINK THE STONES MAY WANT TO BORROW SOME FOR THE EXHIBITIONISM MUSEUM THEY'RE ABOUT TO OPEN ?? smileys with beer

Date: October 13, 2015 00:38

This is a promotional 45 set released in the U.S. in 1988 to support Keith Richard's Talk Is Cheap album .

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1836
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home