Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566Next
Current Page: 63 of 66
Re: Let's talk RARE Stones vinyl
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 14, 2022 06:04

I'd like to thank deardoctortake1 for sending me the images he has for his versions of ENHM.

So...the plot thickens. deardoctor believes the Maroon version with the Recorded in Europe on the records, unboxed London label, is the first version.

According to Stones on Decca, it is the FFRR Made in England RED, Boxed London label.

And I still cannot find the version on DISCOGs that Dear Doctor and I both have.

Anyone else have this? Seems pretty scarce!

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: March 15, 2022 11:14

treaclefingers
I'd like to thank deardoctortake1 for sending me the images he has for his versions of ENHM.

So...the plot thickens. deardoctor believes the Maroon version with the Recorded in Europe on the records, unboxed London label, is the first version.

According to Stones on Decca, it is the FFRR Made in England RED, Boxed London label.

And I still cannot find the version on DISCOGs that Dear Doctor and I both have.

Anyone else have this? Seems pretty scarce!

The versions I have on my Stones On Decca page are records manufactured in England. I do not have much detailed knowledge about records pressed in the States. The text "Recorded in Europe" has nothing to do with the manufacturing of the record itself.

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: March 23, 2022 08:18

treaclefingers
Jan Richards
tioms
I've 3 Rolling Stones MONO Decca LK 4605 with short "TELL ME"

1) side 1/2 1A-1A with: I NEED YOU BABY Original inner

2) side 1/2 2A-1A with: I NEED YOU BABY Original inner

3) side 1/2 2A-1A with: MONA Original inner

Greets, tioms,

Not on E-bay

I have also three short Tell Me records:

-1A / -1A
-2A / -1A
-2A / -2A

Still missing -1A / -2A and also a new find reported to be existing a few years back: -3A / -1A !!

I absolutely love this level of geekdom.

By comparison, it makes me look relatively normal...not to my wife of course.

Joining in...

I have a -2A / 3A Mona (long "Tell Me") but additionally I have..

-2A / -2A Mona with the short "Tell Me".

The bonus on that latter is that the cover is fully autographed (and authenticated) but it's a "I Need You Baby" version.

I also have a "Mona" cover.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 23, 2022 09:04

Who cares? Unless it's an album of unreleased music.

Date: March 23, 2022 17:28

24FPS

Hang on...lemme get this straight. You're trolling the Rare Stones Vinyl thread?

Check your underpants, maybe you put them on backwards by accident!

Date: March 23, 2022 17:31

CaptainCorella
treaclefingers
Jan Richards
tioms
I've 3 Rolling Stones MONO Decca LK 4605 with short "TELL ME"

1) side 1/2 1A-1A with: I NEED YOU BABY Original inner

2) side 1/2 2A-1A with: I NEED YOU BABY Original inner

3) side 1/2 2A-1A with: MONA Original inner

Greets, tioms,

Not on E-bay

I have also three short Tell Me records:

-1A / -1A
-2A / -1A
-2A / -2A

Still missing -1A / -2A and also a new find reported to be existing a few years back: -3A / -1A !!

I absolutely love this level of geekdom.

By comparison, it makes me look relatively normal...not to my wife of course.

Joining in...

I have a -2A / 3A Mona (long "Tell Me") but additionally I have..

-2A / -2A Mona with the short "Tell Me".

The bonus on that latter is that the cover is fully autographed (and authenticated) but it's a "I Need You Baby" version.

I also have a "Mona" cover.

I have 5 copies...I'll check the matrices and see. I have at least one Mona cover that I recall, but no 'short version' Tell Me.

EDIT...ok, as follows:

1A/3A, 1A/3A, 2A/3A (Mona on label),
I also have a boxed DECCA red label, 6A/12A (73 reprint I believe)

AND, I have a sealed copy, DECCA MONO LK 4605 but absolutely no way that I can see, to establish what version of pressing this is. No clarifoil or other proclamations across bottom back cover.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-23 18:54 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: March 23, 2022 22:25

Does anybody here own the rare US Mono Promo Sticky Fingers album?

Date: March 24, 2022 04:00

JordyLicks96
Does anybody here own the rare US Mono Promo Sticky Fingers album?

I think back several pages I recall someone saying they did.

I have several Brown Sugar white label promos, and a Test pressing of some kind but sadly no to the white label sticky.

Date: March 24, 2022 10:50

treaclefingers
24FPS

Hang on...lemme get this straight. You're trolling the Rare Stones Vinyl thread?

No. Not trolling. Just wondering what kind of people keep collecting the same exact music they already have. Is it like the comic book nerds who pay hundreds of thousands, sometimes millions, just to look at it slabbed in hard plastic, never to enjoy it? Do you even open them and play them?

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: March 24, 2022 14:49

24FPS
treaclefingers
24FPS

No. Not trolling. Just wondering what kind of people keep collecting the same exact music they already have. Is it like the comic book nerds who pay hundreds of thousands, sometimes millions, just to look at it slabbed in hard plastic, never to enjoy it? Do you even open them and play them?

Very normal people, like me and many many other around the planet.
It's not a disease, you know, and it's much better than many things one could do with the same money. Collecting is much more than a hobby: it's a long path to knowledge in Art, records, books and whatever you want. Collecting is a long research that opens your mind, lets you meet great people and share your knowledge with only purpose of setting a consensus on what you collect, under every aspect.
Back to records, a record is made of vinyl, label, matrices, covers, inners, freebies and many further details and you have to know exactly what your holding an album in your hands, before telling the first third-hand thing that the leastes of the dealers would tell you.
Just an example: who's discussing the supposed-to-be unreported ENHM doesn't even mention it was mastered by the one and only Pete Ellfrich and that this mixing/equalizing has never been used again. To me, this is what collecting means while I'm waiting for my 37th copy of the UK Satanic and my 27th first UK album that has a French sticker on cover that makes it unique.
Satisfied from 1976

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-24 14:56 by 1963luca0.

Date: March 24, 2022 15:23

24FPS
treaclefingers
24FPS

Oh that's a relief...and I thought you were trolling. My mistake, it was just your innocent observation.

Date: March 24, 2022 20:49

treaclefingers
24FPS
treaclefingers
24FPS

Oh that's a relief...and I thought you were trolling. My mistake, it was just your innocent observation.

Thank you, absence of sarcasm. And 1963luca0 certainly confirmed everything I've felt about collecting. After a certain point it becomes a sickness. 37th copy of the UK Satanic? It's not ever a great album to begin with. Better use of your money? My god, haven't you heard about cocaine? It's a hell of a drug.

Date: March 24, 2022 20:54

24FPS
treaclefingers
24FPS
treaclefingers
24FPS

Thank you, absence of sarcasm. And 1963luca0 certainly confirmed everything I've felt about collecting. After a certain point it becomes a sickness. 37th copy of the UK Satanic? It's not ever a great album to begin with. Better use of your money? My god, haven't you heard about cocaine? It's a hell of a drug.

I've edited my reply...carry on, enjoy yourself.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-25 04:05 by treaclefingers.

Date: April 30, 2022 21:10

Here's something sort of interesting that I never noticed. On some early stones releases, the song credits were Richard, Jagger.

Never noticed that before, have Keith ahead of Mick in the credits.

Here is a link to the Heart of Stone release, US, on the purple and white label:

[www.discogs.com]

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: May 1, 2022 06:40

treaclefingers
Here's something sort of interesting that I never noticed. On some early stones releases, the song credits were Richard, Jagger.

Here is a link to the Heart of Stone release, US, on the purple and white label:

[www.discogs.com]

Richard, Jagger are also credited to the B-side “What A Shame.” But then I have the next year’s Denmark release. 1965 and #F22180. “What A Shame” is credited to Jagger, Richard, vice versa to the earlier USA release. Keep up the collecting TF!

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: May 1, 2022 12:53

About credits, I'd always love that Charlie Boy one below.

HMN

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: May 1, 2022 14:12

If one loves Charlie Watts, he/she should look for the one and only copy of British Sea Power’s ‘Remember Me’single dedicated to Charlie Watts. One copy worldwide. We’re talking about rare vinyl, aren’t we?
Bye, Luca

Date: May 1, 2022 16:51

Honestman
About credits, I'd always love that Charlie Boy one below.

whoa! That is very cool, thanks for sharing that Luca. In a forum where every nuance of just about everything is known about this band it's rare to come across a bit of info one has never ever heard of.

Date: May 1, 2022 16:59

KingmanBarstow
treaclefingers

[www.discogs.com]

Richard, Jagger are also credited to the B-side “What A Shame.” But then I have the next year’s Denmark release. 1965 and #F22180. “What A Shame” is credited to Jagger, Richard, vice versa to the earlier USA release. Keep up the collecting TF!

Thanks KB! Same on this US release, Richard, Jagger on flip.

What I didn't realize is how vast the number of differences there are in each release, depending on where the record was pressed. Styrene vs. Vinyl, font used, where the tax code is located, the matrix numbers, etc. etc.

And that's just for each country. Cataloguing my collection on discogs is both a joy and a pain in the *ss.

But ultimately very useful. I had everything on an excel spreadsheet but the level of detail you can get with discogs is amazing, and of course you get an uptodate valuation of your collection as well which is great for insurance purposes.

For those with even a relatively small collection I highly recommend it.

Date: May 2, 2022 17:45

Tell Me/Come On Dutch with picture sleeve:

[www.discogs.com]

Perhaps surprisingly not worth more. I have a VG/VG copy...love it!

Date: May 3, 2022 15:34

I Don't Know Why/Try a Little Harder...

Still cataloguing my collecton on discogs. Those of you familiar with the US single may or may not have noticed that in the runout groove, (why would you!)

Matrix / Runout (Runout side A, etched (Variant 1)): ZXRQ 75061 SHGLLY 5-14•75 ROBIN [mirrored] 43341

I'm wondering if that's Allen Klein inserting his offspring into the Stones releases, which begs the question, what does RMK stand for in Child of the Moon.

Here is the link to discogs

[www.discogs.com]

Date: May 10, 2022 02:26

It had been some time since I heard about the infamous Beast of Burden sleeve selling for $2000 - I believe it was withdrawn at the time because it was deemed 'objectionable'. I think I have that right.

Anyway, update, it sold in VG+ condition for almost $6000 USD a year ago:
[musicpriceguide.com]

I believe this is the second most valuable commercially-made, available RS item. (The SFM cover obviously being number 1).

The really bad news is I have neither.

I do though have the Beast replica from the Some Girls deluxe box set, and the SFM replica from the CD Singles box set (very poor alternative, but works because I'm very poor).

Anyway, I'm almost finished cataloguing my collection on DISCOGs...some good fun taking a walk down memory lane.

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: May 10, 2022 10:34

Thanks for the updates Treacle, always a pleasure seeing what you´ve got.
Maybe some day I will be able to catalogue mine too, you make it sound rather fun.

Date: May 10, 2022 16:14

RobberBride
Thanks for the updates Treacle, always a pleasure seeing what you´ve got.
Maybe some day I will be able to catalogue mine too, you make it sound rather fun.

Thanks RB!

Yes, I do encourage it. You buy this stuff, file it and forget you even have it. It's a nice walk down memory lane for sure and it feels good that I have everything very organized now. If I want to buy anything new, I know exactly what I 'need'. But even more than that, I know with confidence what items I have more than enough copies of and should probably 'lighten up' on, and will do that over time.

ONE MORE THING: I just found out that you can download everything you've input online, into an excel spreadsheet. A great option, not that I'll ever use it as the online version is so much more convenient, but rather after all that work inputting, if DISCOGS ever goes away I'll at least have my own copy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-10 16:36 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 10, 2022 21:35

How about the Russian Sticky Fingers with two different labels on it?! Apparently pressed literally at the time of the labels changing.......is that rare?

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: May 10, 2022 22:11

I had a lp of bed spring symphony but not sure if I still have it.

Date: May 11, 2022 05:58

VoodooLounge13
How about the Russian Sticky Fingers with two different labels on it?! Apparently pressed literally at the time of the labels changing.......is that rare?

Hey Voodoo...is this the release?:

[www.discogs.com]

If so I think that's a bootleg.

When you check out the overall list all the Russian releases are listed as 'unofficial' so I think that means there wasn't a Russian 'officially' printed version. I see one CD from 2009 that seems like the only official release.

What's the catalogue on it?

Date: May 12, 2022 16:36

Calling all nerds, calling all nerds...

OK, I'm cataloguing the promo released 45s I have, lots of fun. 1971 Wild Horses I have 3 copies of. 2 double white sided, RS-22115 SP short version side, RS-21-21846 on the long version side. One NM, one VG+ in different company sleeves. All good. Here it is:

[www.discogs.com]-

I also have one double blue label sides...same label number but ST prefix, and marked as STEREO on short and long version sides.

Trouble is, not only not on discogs, when I google it I can't find it anywhere. How the heck rare is this? Has anyone come across this?

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 12, 2022 17:34

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

[www.discogs.com]

When you check out the overall list all the Russian releases are listed as 'unofficial' so I think that means there wasn't a Russian 'officially' printed version. I see one CD from 2009 that seems like the only official release.

Yes, Treacle, that's the one. I thought there was an official version from 1992? There are 2 different labels.

One side looks like:

The other side looks like:

Date: May 12, 2022 18:07

VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

[www.discogs.com]

Yes, Treacle, that's the one. I thought there was an official version from 1992? There are 2 different labels.

One side looks like:

The other side looks like:

I thought it was great they used a female body instead of the traditional cover. A bit of an "F.U." Nice get...I still haven't gotten this one.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566Next
Current Page: 63 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1585
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home