Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566Next
Current Page: 61 of 66
Re: Let's talk RARE Stones vinyl
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 14, 2021 05:23

Honestman
stonesstein

I've been collecting Stones for 50 years, and I've never seen anything like that! Way cool, Honestman!

I've just seen it once and fortunately the bid was for me.

What's the b-side? When did you get it, what did you pay for it, do you have any other from West Africa?

Posted by: riffcliche69 ()
Date: November 14, 2021 09:38

The “E” on “Got Live...” is an American price code sticker. As far as rarities for this title... well, have you ever seen a sealed mono promo with both the London promo sticker AND the hype sticker ? I have one that I bought almost a half century ago. Cheers!

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 14, 2021 11:25

treaclefingers

What's the b-side? When did you get it, what did you pay for it, do you have any other from West Africa?

B-side is Long Long while.
Pics here on my blog
blog

Got it about 10 years ago and I wish I would have catch some more, but never seen some other floating on the market. Be ready anyway for some $$$ if you see one.

HMN

Posted by: Nasty Habits ()
Date: November 14, 2021 15:37

riffcliche69
The “E” on “Got Live...” is an American price code sticker. As far as rarities for this title... well, have you ever seen a sealed mono promo with both the London promo sticker AND the hype sticker ? I have one that I bought almost a half century ago. Cheers!

Thanks for the info. No, not even a picture of one. Sounds like that copy you have trumps mine!

"I've got nasty habits I take tea at three"

Date: November 14, 2021 15:41

Out of interest who else here uses discogs and has their collections uploaded? Would be interesting to see what others have in their vaults. Feel free to give me a follow on there.

Nasty Habits Discogs

Date: November 14, 2021 16:58

Nasty Habits
Out of interest who else here uses discogs and has their collections uploaded? Would be interesting to see what others have in their vaults. Feel free to give me a follow on there.

Nasty Habits Discogs

Thanks for sharing Nasty...thought about doing that for ages but seems like it would take an eternity to photo and upload everything. I created a spreadsheet that lists every item and gives it a ranking of M, NM, VG++, VG+ etc...

I've gotten to a point where I have multiple copies of most titles and am quite sure no one other than myself will ever care I have them. I've stopped 'aggressively collecting' about 10 years ago, but I still pick up the new stuff and sometimes (not since COVID) haunt the vinyl fairs but rarely find anything interesting anymore.

There's a Japanese box set I think called COMI from 1970 or so, that houses Big Hits and Through the Past...absolutely stellar condition but missing the OBI. Didn't know it even existed but picked it up at a fair for about $30. So...rare things do surface from time to time.

Posted by: riffcliche69 ()
Date: November 15, 2021 04:24

I don’t know how post pictures yet, but if you’d like to see “Got Live” mono promo and other promos, and a very rare autographed ‘81 Candlestick, email me at dwblackvalentine69@gmail.com.

Date: November 15, 2021 07:40

Just testing this G Drive link, to see if that works:

[drive.google.com]

OK so it embeds the link but won't actually show the photo. Too bad.

This is just a front shot of the mono box.

OK, same shot using google photos...nicer shot, but also didn't work.

[lh3.googleusercontent.com]

AND>>>Flickr

[live.staticflickr.com]

hmmm...just not working. Photobucket was good, but now it's strictly by subscription after 21 day free trial. Anyone have any suggestions?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-15 07:54 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 15, 2021 07:48

ROCKMAN

Date: November 15, 2021 07:49

nice chairs treacle ......

ROCKMAN

Date: November 15, 2021 07:57

Rockman
nice chairs treacle ......

Not me house. Not me picture. I was using it to test.

OK glimmerboy. Enough with the 'smugmug'. How do we do this? throw your stones lovin' brethren some love.

Date: November 15, 2021 08:02

AAAArrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

ROCKMAN

Date: November 15, 2021 08:18

Rockman
AAAArrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Come on...share your dirty little secret.

Date: November 15, 2021 08:52

treaclefingers

Personally I use Flickr which usually involves a bit of editing of the link when posting here. And I also use links to discogs if I’ve uploaded images on there (which is by far the easiest way). When I have time I’ll try and do a bit of a guide. It will be similar when posting from other sites other than Flickr

Date: November 15, 2021 08:56

Nasty Habits
treaclefingers

Personally I use Flickr which usually involves a bit of editing of the link when posting here. And I also use links to discogs if I’ve uploaded images on there (which is by far the easiest way). When I have time I’ll try and do a bit of a guide. It will be similar when posting from other sites other than Flickr

OK thanks for sharing that. If I can ask how you edit the link, then if we're using flickr, which is pretty straightforward, perhaps posting photos won't be so cumbersome. I thank you in advance.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: November 16, 2021 05:50

treaclefingers
Nasty Habits
treaclefingers

OK thanks for sharing that. If I can ask how you edit the link, then if we're using flickr, which is pretty straightforward, perhaps posting photos won't be so cumbersome. I thank you in advance.

Flickr links do require some editing, Treacle, but here is how it works for me:

Link starts out really long, but if you excerpt the first "https" thru the ".jpg" and drop it into the URL tool, you get the image.

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Date: November 16, 2021 06:32

stonesstein
treaclefingers
Nasty Habits
treaclefingers

Flickr links do require some editing, Treacle, but here is how it works for me:

Link starts out really long, but if you excerpt the first "https" thru the ".jpg" and drop it into the URL tool, you get the image.

thanks stonestein...can I ask what you mean by the URL tool? Are you saying take the whole link and put it in a url tool that alters the link and you use that altered version? Is that something native to flickr?

You don't just edit the link like you do with say, youtube by taking the "s" out of https:// to embed a video in your post?

Thanks in advance.

Date: November 17, 2021 04:41

treaclefingers
thanks stonestein...can I ask what you mean by the URL tool? Are you saying take the whole link and put it in a url tool that alters the link and you use that altered version? Is that something native to flickr?

You don't just edit the link like you do with say, youtube by taking the "s" out of https:// to embed a video in your post?

Thanks in advance.

Treacle, forgive my awkward diction in recounting steps, but here's my best shot:

1. pull up a picture in your Flickr photostream;
2. hit the "share" button and choose the option of BB Code;
3. copy code
4. in IORR message, click "Insert Image URL" button;
5. paste the BB Code
6. EDIT the code as pasted by deleting all letters BEFORE the "["]; that appears immediately AFTER the first image code where img appears in brackets
7. EDIT the code to delete everything AFTER the first .jpg
8. click OK

** Try quoting this message and read the code format for the pictures which do appear herein ***

Hope this helps!

Getting back to rare vinyl, here's a fairly uncommon one:

stonesstein

Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: erad ()
Date: November 17, 2021 05:46

I just recently picked up a copy in reasonable condition of the 'Unstoppable Stones', a compilation that was only released here and in Australia in 1965, so pretty happy with that.

I also have a few bootlegs that are prized possessions.

Posted by: Tim2 ()
Date: November 17, 2021 13:38

Despite it's looking, maybe one of the rarest US 7" reissue...

stones7.com

Date: November 17, 2021 22:29

stonesstein
treaclefingers

Thanks in advance.

Treacle, forgive my awkward diction in recounting steps, but here's my best shot:

1. pull up a picture in your Flickr photostream;
2. hit the "share" button and choose the option of BB Code;
3. copy code
4. in IORR message, click "Insert Image URL" button;
5. paste the BB Code
6. EDIT the code as pasted by deleting all letters BEFORE the "["]; that appears immediately AFTER the first image code where img appears in brackets
7. EDIT the code to delete everything AFTER the first .jpg
8. click OK

** Try quoting this message and read the code format for the pictures which do appear herein ***

Hope this helps!

Getting back to rare vinyl, here's a fairly uncommon one:

Thanks S.S.! I will try later today.

PS...I think that's the second rarest London 45. There's the one before that that wasn't even released as a single in US, I Wanna Be Your Man b/w Stones (I think it was the misspelled version)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-17 22:31 by treaclefingers.

Date: November 18, 2021 04:46

treaclefingers

PS...I think that's the second rarest London 45. There's the one before that that wasn't even released as a single in US, I Wanna Be Your Man b/w Stones (I think it was the misspelled version)

Treacle, there are 3 different label variations of that promo! I have each of them, and that pictured is actually a "double" of mine.

It was only misspelled "Stones" on Decca in the UK, and I have one of those, too.

In the US, there are a very few (6, as I recall) "stock" copies of Stoned c/w I Wanna Be Your Man on LON 9641, which I opine to be the rarest US Stones' 7". Yes, I do.

stonesstein

Rocks Off, 1972

Date: November 18, 2021 04:55

stonesstein
treaclefingers

Treacle, there are 3 different label variations of that promo! I have each of them, and that pictured is actually a "double" of mine.

It was only misspelled "Stones" on Decca in the UK, and I have one of those, too.

In the US, there are a very few (6, as I recall) "stock" copies of Stoned c/w I Wanna Be Your Man on LON 9641, which I opine to be the rarest US Stones' 7". Yes, I do.

I remember that being on EBAY a number of years ago, $300 or $400 or something like that...I passed. Bad move.

I have a couple of DECCA's with the Stones misspelling. Do you have the Come On with MT tax code? That I believe would be incredibly rare. I have one copy of that. Haven't seen it anywhere since I bought it.

I believe it's the earliest version of the single, only printed for a couple of months before switching to the KT tax code.

Date: November 18, 2021 13:33

treaclefingers
stonesstein
treaclefingers

I remember that being on EBAY a number of years ago, $300 or $400 or something like that...I passed. Bad move.

I have a couple of DECCA's with the Stones misspelling. Do you have the Come On with MT tax code? That I believe would be incredibly rare. I have one copy of that. Haven't seen it anywhere since I bought it.

I believe it's the earliest version of the single, only printed for a couple of months before switching to the KT tax code.

While I have a couple different Come On 45s, I am sure I do not have the one to which you refer. It is a rare one beyond the scope of my UK collection. While I have some really cool non-US pieces, it is my US collection that is most complete.

Here is a "mock-up" unofficial PS for the US London Stoned 45 that a very-well known Stones' historian did nearly 20 years' back. He did an amazing job, and I always liked this:

stonesstein

Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: martinw ()
Date: November 18, 2021 16:17

I have an 'MT' Come On - you used to be able to pick them up at UK record fairs for around £20, depending on condition. Discogs has two MT releases listed - one with the MT on the left-hand side and one with the MT on the right-hand side (the one I have). [www.discogs.com] No for sale listings on Discogs at the moment, but they seem to come up fairly regularly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-18 16:21 by martinw.

Date: November 18, 2021 18:03

martinw
I have an 'MT' Come On - you used to be able to pick them up at UK record fairs for around £20, depending on condition. Discogs has two MT releases listed - one with the MT on the left-hand side and one with the MT on the right-hand side (the one I have). [www.discogs.com] No for sale listings on Discogs at the moment, but they seem to come up fairly regularly.

Hmmm...thanks for this. I guess I'm not retiring any time soon!

Date: November 19, 2021 19:09

I could never figure out why RSR did not issue 7" PS in the US in the 1970s until Miss You, because they did in some cases in other parts of the world. While many have and have shared some of the really cool German and French PS from the 1970s, here is one that is not easily found in good condition. Of all places, Israel issued a unique Sleeve for Tumblin' Dice and a promo poster on very heavy stock.

stonesstein

Rocks Off, 1972

Date: December 14, 2021 23:40

stonesstein
Nasty Habits
Not so much rarities but a pair of oddities, I purchased these about 15 years ago from ebay. I've added pictures of standard pressings to compare against my copies.

Tumbling Dice came in a bright green and blue Kinney company sleeve that has Warner, Reprise, Atlantic, Electra and Atco logos across the bottom of the sleeve.

The warner logo is the pre 1970 version so the sleeve could be a mismatch but as the records are mint I very much doubt it and Kinney National did exist up until 1972 before Warner became Warner Communications Inc.

Nobody else on discogs or 45Cat seems to a own copy of either record. Does anyone here own copies like mine or has anyone ever seen copies like these before. I've never seen a US Stones single with a knockout centre let alone a solid centre before.

2. My solid centre copy

[/size][/b]

Nasty Habits, I own a solid-center Angie, and I was told by other collectors in a FB group that the South African pressings on RSR in the early to mid 70s used US catalog numbers and had solid centers. I also have the other Tumbling Dice you post.

So a little update, I’ve since found out that my solid centre copies of Tumbling Dice and IORR that I posted earlier in this thread are actually Malaysian copies. Tumbling Dice was issued in a tongue cut company sleeve and IORR was issued in a green, blue and white Kinney sleeve which has Warner, Warner/Reprise, Atlantic, Elektra and Atco logos printed along the bottom. I found the relevant info and images on stones7.com

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: January 7, 2022 05:39

Just bought a Mono Let It Bleed on ebay for very cheap!! The LP is known for being released with pressings of the unboxed and boxed Decca labels at the time of release. Got the one with the boxed Decca logo which was only in production for one month (February-March 1970)!!

Date: January 7, 2022 06:02

JordyLicks96
Just bought a Mono Let It Bleed on ebay for very cheap!! The LP is known for being released with pressings of the unboxed and boxed Decca labels at the time of release. Got the one with the boxed Decca logo which was only in production for one month (February-March 1970)!!

EXCELLENT!

Something I do not yet have. When you say cheap, can I ask how much?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566Next
Current Page: 61 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1419
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home