Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465...LastNext
Current Page: 60 of 66
Re: Let's talk RARE Stones vinyl
Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: November 8, 2021 21:41

d

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-10 02:15 by misterfrias.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: November 9, 2021 00:44

treaclefingers
JordyLicks96
I purchased the very rare 45 of Dandelion/We Love You with the original picture sleeve (only the front of it, no back part of the sleeve)!! This is just a picture of it online as I'm not sure how to upload pictures of my own.

Rare indeed!

I think this is the 4th rarest in order, behind SFM, BoB and Heart of Stone.

I think after that you get Winning Ugly, Not Fade Away and Satisfaction picture sleeves duking it out for 5th.

I'm not including any European/Japanese sleeves in that mix though, if anyone else can weigh in.

I have the Satisfaction PS!! There's a Heart of Stone on eBay going for like close to $900. It's been up there for a long time now. Just bought a reproduction PS of BoB.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: November 9, 2021 01:02

These are my rare Stones’LPs:

Dedos Pegajosos

Solid Rock

Story of the Stones

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 9, 2021 01:32

JordyLicks96
treaclefingers
JordyLicks96
I purchased the very rare 45 of Dandelion/We Love You with the original picture sleeve (only the front of it, no back part of the sleeve)!! This is just a picture of it online as I'm not sure how to upload pictures of my own.

Rare indeed!

I think after that you get Winning Ugly, Not Fade Away and Satisfaction picture sleeves duking it out for 5th.

I'm not including any European/Japanese sleeves in that mix though, if anyone else can weigh in.

I have the Satisfaction PS!! There's a Heart of Stone on eBay going for like close to $900. It's been up there for a long time now. Just bought a reproduction PS of BoB.

I have the reissue of BoB, which came in the Some Girls Superdeluxe Box Set...well worth the price if you don't feel like shelling out over $2000 for an original BoB sleeve.

Date: November 9, 2021 01:33

marquess
These are my rare Stones’LPs:

Dedos Pegajosos

Solid Rock

Story of the Stones

Love Treacle Fingers!

I guess that would be the original. I don't have that one. I have the 1982 (I think) reissue and a couple of the deluxe vinyls they reissued in what, 2015?

EDIT: Just noticed this is an 'unofficial' blue vinyl release. Is this the version you have?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-09 15:54 by treaclefingers.

Date: November 9, 2021 01:57

treaclefingers
JordyLicks96
treaclefingers
JordyLicks96

Rare indeed!

I have the reissue of BoB, which came in the Some Girls Superdeluxe Box Set...well worth the price if you don't feel like shelling out over $2000 for an original BoB sleeve.

The one I bought might be from that box set. The picture sleeves I don't have yet are:

Not Fade Away (one on ebay right now for $350)
Tell Me (a few on ebay right now)
Heart Of Stone (one on ebay right now for $850)
Get Off Of My Cloud
Street Fighting Man (obviously extremely rare and very pricey)

Just need to shell out some $$$ and I might be able to buy Tell Me, GOOMC

Date: November 9, 2021 04:47

JordyLicks96
treaclefingers
JordyLicks96
treaclefingers
JordyLicks96

Rare indeed!

The one I bought might be from that box set. The picture sleeves I don't have yet are:

Not Fade Away (one on ebay right now for $350)
Tell Me (a few on ebay right now)
Heart Of Stone (one on ebay right now for $850)
Get Off Of My Cloud
Street Fighting Man (obviously extremely rare and very pricey)

Just need to shell out some $$$ and I might be able to buy Tell Me, GOOMC

What I had an opportunity to get for about $300 and let it go, stupidly, was the white label London promo of I Wanna Be Your Man B/W Stoned. That was unforgivable.

Date: November 9, 2021 05:23

Oh wow!! That's an insanely rare one! Not as rare as that one but I do have one of the earliest pressings of the I Wanna Be Your Man single with the Stoned misprint as "Stones"

Date: November 9, 2021 06:33

JordyLicks96
Oh wow!! That's an insanely rare one! Not as rare as that one but I do have one of the earliest pressings of the I Wanna Be Your Man single with the Stoned misprint as "Stones"

Lovely. I have that too.

An interesting one, which I've seen only once, other than my own copy is the Come On single with the MT tax code, instead of the KT tax code. Apparently they switched to KT during the release of the single, so everything after is KT...including all DECCA singles through the 60s.

So Come On with MT tax code insanely rare.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: November 10, 2021 04:25

Here's one rarely seen and one of my favorites. I typically keep my collection focused on US & UK issues, but this one is too cool to ignore. Wish the PS was nicer.

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Date: November 10, 2021 04:48

stonesstein
Here's one rarely seen and one of my favorites. I typically keep my collection focused on US & UK issues, but this one is too cool to ignore. Wish the PS was nicer.

Au contraire! Very cool cover...never seen this one. I have I think 3 sealed promo's of the album...have to check but I don't remember if I have the 12" promo single. But definitely not this cover.

You say usually US/UK. Where is this from then?

Date: November 10, 2021 05:01

treaclefingers
stonesstein

Au contraire! Very cool cover...never seen this one. I have I think 3 sealed promo's of the album...have to check but I don't remember if I have the 12" promo single. But definitely not this cover.

You say usually US/UK. Where is this from then?

This 7" is from NZ.

stonesstein

Rocks Off, 1972

Date: November 10, 2021 05:08

Here's one that is atypical for me, but Can't You Hear Me Knocking has always been top 10 Stones for me, and this one from Mexico was just too cool to pass up picking up:

stonesstein

Rocks Off, 1972

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-10 05:08 by stonesstein.

Date: November 10, 2021 05:39

stonesstein
Here's one that is atypical for me, but Can't You Hear Me Knocking has always been top 10 Stones for me, and this one from Mexico was just too cool to pass up picking up:

Interesting. Is this an 'official release' by the band or a bootleg of some sort.

It's weird how you get some official releases in some countries but not in others.

Like why does Winning Ugly get a 7" AND 12" in Canada, but not in the US or anywhere else. Who makes that decision? Canada NEEDS Winning Ugly - the single. Mexico needs Can't You Hear Me Knocking, the single...but not elsewhere.

Date: November 10, 2021 06:39

I found this list of the 50 most valuable Rolling Stones records...

[www.valueyourmusic.com]

I guess based on most recent sales. Don't know how accurate it is but some interesting titles.

Posted by: Davie137 ()
Date: November 10, 2021 13:33

Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers

If I figure out how to upload a photo, I'll do it.

What do you want to know? maybe I can assist, I love to see pictures.

there are 3 steps to post a pic on IORR.

1)somehow digitize the image (take a picture with a digital camera, use a(someone's) scanner, use one of those thumb drives (or a SD memory card) which can plug into the usb port (or somewhere) and then (I have heard about people going) to a kinko and paying to have it scan it, or go to an office store staples/officemax etc, and "try out" (for free) one of their scaners, temporarily store the scan on the thumb drive or SD card or whatever works)(put the picture into your computer)

2)upload to the internet from your computer to somewhere on the internet(free and simple)

3)use the [ i m g ] where picture is on the internet [ / i m g ] code to post it here..... use the "Quote This Message", on a post with an image to see what it looks like.

Is there a way to uplaod photos so they show in your post like the first post in this thread? i have uploaded things before on here using external links but would like to have the photos appear on my post instead of having to click on a link, hope this makes sense

Date: November 10, 2021 16:11

Davie137
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers

1)somehow digitize the image (take a picture with a digital camera, use a(someone's) scanner, use one of those thumb drives (or a SD memory card) which can plug into the usb port (or somewhere) and then (I have heard about people going) to a kinko and paying to have it scan it, or go to an office store staples/officemax etc, and "try out" (for free) one of their scaners, temporarily store the scan on the thumb drive or SD card or whatever works)(put the picture into your computer)

2)upload to the internet from your computer to somewhere on the internet(free and simple)

3)use the [ i m g ] where picture is on the internet [ / i m g ] code to post it here..... use the "Quote This Message", on a post with an image to see what it looks like.

Is there a way to uplaod photos so they show in your post like the first post in this thread? i have uploaded things before on here using external links but would like to have the photos appear on my post instead of having to click on a link, hope this makes sense

You cannot directly upload the photo to IORR. Instead, you need to upload it somewhere else and then embed the link like Max describes in the post you've quoted. Third party sites like photobucket.com do that. I think photobucket used to be free but I see they now charge. There are probably some other sites that are free...not sure who to suggest.

Anyone else know?

Date: November 10, 2021 16:23

treaclefingers
Davie137
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers

You cannot directly upload the photo to IORR. Instead, you need to upload it somewhere else and then embed the link like Max describes in the post you've quoted. Third party sites like photobucket.com do that. I think photobucket used to be free but I see they now charge. There are probably some other sites that are free...not sure who to suggest.

Anyone else know?

thank you

Date: November 10, 2021 16:35

Davie137
treaclefingers
Davie137
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers

Anyone else know?

thank you

flickr and google photos appear to be good options, though I haven't tried either.

Posted by: Nasty Habits ()
Date: November 10, 2021 18:53

Here's my promo copy of Rewind with 12x12 sheet showing artwork and a 12x12 dealers info sheet. The other copies that I've seen just have the vinyl (usually with the label written on).

"I've got nasty habits I take tea at three"

Posted by: Nasty Habits ()
Date: November 10, 2021 19:07

Not a particularly rare album this time but a couple of rare examples. The first one because it's an Allentown pressing, they seem to be far less common than other pressings. I'm one of 5 people on discogs to own a copy while it's into the high 100's with other versions.

The second is not so much a rare pressing but it's condition makes it rare. Still in original shrink wrap thats been opened one side. It still has original hype sticker and what appears to be an export sticker.

"I've got nasty habits I take tea at three"

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 10, 2021 19:35

A funny thing: Dealers, journalists and DJ:s always get the valuable stuff (rarities) - but most of them do not care. Eventually the rare stuff ends up with the collectors.
The average Stones fan never get their hands on the valuable stuff.

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: November 10, 2021 21:44

Stoneage
A funny thing: Dealers, journalists and DJ:s always get the valuable stuff (rarities) - but most of them do not care. Eventually the rare stuff ends up with the collectors. The average Stones fan never get their hands on the valuable stuff.

Keep hopeful. Every once in a while a collector dies and his stuff pops up on eBay.

Date: November 10, 2021 21:54

[photos.app.goo.gl]

Loving this thread of peoples collections. I’ve only been collecting since 2018 so nothing mind blowing to see here. I have first presses of Exile, sticky fingers & Voodoo Lounge, all 6 of the red carnaby releases (and splatter A Bigger Bang) but these 3 in the pictures look good on my display cabinet, let it Bleed first press in excellent condition with original poster, sticker and uncensored sleeve, The 2016 mono box set which is still wrapped in its original packaging and a red Carnaby release of goats head soup which side 1 on the label has been double pressed

Date: November 11, 2021 01:38

Davie137
[photos.app.goo.gl]

Loving this thread of peoples collections. I’ve only been collecting since 2018 so nothing mind blowing to see here. I have first presses of Exile, sticky fingers & Voodoo Lounge, all 6 of the red carnaby releases (and splatter A Bigger Bang) but these 3 in the pictures look good on my display cabinet, let it Bleed first press in excellent condition with original poster, sticker and uncensored sleeve, The 2016 mono box set which is still wrapped in its original packaging and a red Carnaby release of goats head soup which side 1 on the label has been double pressed

Hey, nice start! Enjoy collecting.

Now that you mention the mono box, I wanted to mention something on that, and really all the boxes.

Everything has gone up through the roof. I recall when the boxes started being released in 2010, everything took a couple of years to sell out. I bought a few copies of 1964-69, one copy of 1971-2005, 2 MONO's, and 2 1971-2016s.

The first ones cost me under $200 (Canadian mind you), and I think the Mono's were $229 and $279. A bit more but not much for the 1971-2016s.

They're now worth thousands, particularly if still sealed which I've kept all but one of the 1964-69s (had to listen...spectacular and quiet!)

My question is...why?

Why the hell did they go up so much? It took years to sell out, and as soon as they did they skyrocket. Didn't everyone who actually wanted them have all the time in the world to get them at a great price?

I just don't understand who, or why anyone is paying that much for a rerelease...anyone care to weigh in?

Date: November 13, 2021 17:24

I always liked this one.

stonesstein

Rocks Off, 1972

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-13 17:24 by stonesstein.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 13, 2021 18:51

HMN

Date: November 13, 2021 19:28

Honestman

That is cool Honestman...as is your culturally-appropriate use of 'props'!

Date: November 13, 2021 20:28

Honestman

I've been collecting Stones for 50 years, and I've never seen anything like that! Way cool, Honestman!

stonesstein

Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 13, 2021 20:42

stonesstein

I've been collecting Stones for 50 years, and I've never seen anything like that! Way cool, Honestman!

I've just seen it once and fortunately the bid was for me.

HMN

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465...LastNext
Current Page: 60 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1789
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home