Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5354555657585960616263...LastNext
Current Page: 58 of 66
Re: Let's talk RARE Stones vinyl
Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: April 21, 2018 03:32

got it

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: April 21, 2018 08:51

To Jan
Just a little example right to better shape what I mean when talking about 'complete' collections... got right now a genuine British export Satanic fully covered up for Portugal. Maybe you consider this a minor entry, but I'm glad ti add this wonderful brick to our ever growing wall. Let's keep on Rolling!

Posted by: HenrikBB ()
Date: April 21, 2018 10:59

deardoctortake1

got it

Well, - I still can't see it . . . but I am very curious . .
couldn't you send a photo to my mail henrikbb@live.dk -
I will see if I can upload it . . .

Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: April 21, 2018 16:01

[www.dropbox.com]

Try this

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: April 21, 2018 23:26

1963luca0
To Jan
Just a little example right to better shape what I mean when talking about 'complete' collections... got right now a genuine British export Satanic fully covered up for Portugal. Maybe you consider this a minor entry, but I'm glad ti add this wonderful brick to our ever growing wall. Let's keep on Rolling!

Luca, we seams to have different definitions on what a complete collection is, and that is perfectly ok. It is up to each collector to do his own definition.

As I am collecting UK pressed Decca LP's, I do have four steps / versions in my definition of a complete collection:

1. One copy of all Stones LP's pressed in UK by Decca in the 60's and 70's
2. One mono and one stereo copy of all LP's pressed in UK by Decca in the 60's and 70's
3. One non-boxed logo and one boxed logo of all known mono and stereo LP's pressed by UK Decca in the 60's and 70's. That would be four LP's of Let It Bleed for example
4. Level 3 + all export Uk Decca pressed LP's but on London label

I have reached level four and I know of only one more collection in the world that is on level four and complete. So level 4 is my most detailed definition of a complete collection

Then if you would like to add all minor label and sleeve versions, then we end up with a thousand different label and sleeve combinations and such a collection is impossible to build. No one even has a full complete catalog of all that is existing....

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: April 22, 2018 00:06

deardoctortake1
[www.dropbox.com]

Try this

Very interesting label variation, never seen a mono in blue......

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: April 22, 2018 19:38

Jan Richards
1963luca0
To Jan

Luca, we seams to have different definitions on what a complete collection is, and that is perfectly ok. It is up to each collector to do his own definition.

As I am collecting UK pressed Decca LP's, I do have four steps / versions in my definition of a complete collection:

2. One mono and one stereo copy of all LP's pressed in UK by Decca in the 60's and 70's
3. One non-boxed logo and one boxed logo of all known mono and stereo LP's pressed by UK Decca in the 60's and 70's. That would be four LP's of Let It Bleed for example

I have reached level four and I know of only one more collection in the world that is on level four and complete. So level 4 is my most detailed definition of a complete collection

Then if you would like to add all minor label and sleeve versions, then we end up with a thousand different label and sleeve combinations and such a collection is impossible to build. No one even has a full complete catalog of all that is existing....

Sounds like an amazing collection. I WANT to thank you for your website as I use it often when researching a possible 60's Stone LP...you should publish a book!

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 22, 2018 21:19

oldschool
Jan Richards
1963luca0
To Jan

Sounds like an amazing collection. I WANT to thank you for your website as I use it often when researching a possible 60's Stone LP...you should publish a book!

Jan's website is an essential aid to research.
How's the upgrade going Jan?

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: April 23, 2018 07:10

The rarest vinyl I've ever had; and one of the very few vinyl albums I just could not part with when I donaterd my collection;
is Liver Than You'll Ever Be with a label from Rutgers Student Union on it.
I bought it in NJ about about a half-hour from NYC at the time.
This was pre-Ya Yas and I was w K on every note every lead and really into it so much.
It was the first bootleg I'd ever heard about or had.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 30, 2018 13:55

Slightly Off-Topic - rarest Vinyl-LP on Earth:

"Jean-Michel Jarre, Music for Supermarkets (1983) - $14,000-$33,500

Only a single copy of famed French electronic musician Jean Michel Jarre’s Musique Pour Supermarche (Music For Supermarkets in English) was ever pressed, made as part of a supermarket-themed art exhibit in Paris in 1983. The single vinyl disc was sold for $14,000 that year (approximately $33,500 in today’s market). It’s notable in that it was designed to be treated as a work of art, rather than something to be reproduced — the artist purposefully had the master plates destroyed in order to keep it as a one-of-a-kind release, making the title especially ironic."

From: "The most valuable vinyl records on Earth" - [www.wbrc.com] .

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: May 31, 2018 03:07

deardoctortake1
[i287.photobucket.com]

Now Blue Mono

Never saw one or heard of one before. Plays mono, mono label, but blue not red or maroon.
Made in USA
Anyone else have one??

Yes, a friend gave me one of these for Christmas years back. They are really tough to find almost as an "in plain sight" rarity!

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Date: May 31, 2018 09:29

And don't forget to check some US Satanic from the 70s: NPS-2, but mono matrices...

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: May 31, 2018 14:02

1963luca0
And don't forget to check some US Satanic from the 70s: NPS-2, but mono matrices...

I had heard about these, but could you give details of which matrices to look for?

Thank you!

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Date: May 31, 2018 15:04

Soon as back home: I have one or two of them.
Generally speaking, if your find a mono prefix on runout, that 'stereo' album
plays mono, actually.
See you later,
Luca

Date: May 31, 2018 21:22

Look for re-issue with 24 plant code on labels. Bye,

Date: June 24, 2018 22:34

Found right now! After so many years I’ve been chasing for it, I finally got a second and previously unreported label variation for the U.K. export NOW!
Now, the want-list is a little bit shorter.
An endless journey...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 17, 2018 01:41

1963luca0
Found right now! After so many years I’ve been chasing for it, I finally got a second and previously unreported label variation for the U.K. export NOW!
Now, the want-list is a little bit shorter.
An endless journey...

Do you actually have the record Luca, or a photo/scan of it?

Date: September 17, 2018 16:37

Yes I have it in my collettino and I’ve used it for my recent book

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-17 16:51 by 1963luca0.

Date: October 17, 2018 14:24

With just one copy known (in Lancaster, PA), I’ve found a second one of hyper rare/ impossible ALL-BLACK vinyl of the US 12” promo Hot Stuff/ Crazy Mama. It’s on its way, the waiting is not over yet. Those who want to get a pictures, please, email me privately.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-18 08:15 by 1963luca0.

Date: October 18, 2018 04:10

1963luca0
With just one copy known (in Lancaster, PA), I’ve found a second one of hyper rare/ impossible ALL-BLACK vinyl of the US 12” promo Hot Stuff/ Crazy Mama. It’s on its way, the editing is not over yet. Those who want to get a pictures, please, email me provately.

Wow...if I may be so bold, don't want to know what you paid (OK...I do a little bit) but what do you feel it's valued at?

What sort of condition is it in?

Congrats Luca!

Date: October 18, 2018 07:35

Tomas Grosh from Very English and Rolling Stone did not mention a value.
I paid Euro 34,50 + shipping for an excellent copy.
Sometimes, eBay is the place where unprofessional sellers do us some favors.
I’ll post vinyl data when I got it.

Date: October 18, 2018 08:49

I only have two vinyl LP's saved from Several Hundred (over 1000) LPs that I donated. Two amidst Dozens and Dozens of Classics.
One is "Liver Than You'll Ever Be" that came with a blank white album slick,
and a label that says "Rutgers Student Union."
I had it before Ya Yas was a reality; and also it was the very first bootleg album of any kind I had ever seen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-27 08:40 by hopkins.

Date: October 28, 2018 20:06

hopkins
I only have two vinyl LP's saved from Several Hundred (over 1000) LPs that I donated. Two amidst Dozens and Dozens of Classics.
I had it before Ya Yas was a reality; and also it was the very first bootleg album of any kind I had ever seen.

I do believe the success of Liv'R was the main impetus for getting Ya-Ya's out.

I have a book called "Great White Wonders", which is a reference to the white sleeve that bootlegs used to come in...and I believe it indicated Dylan was the first widely bootlegged artist.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 29, 2018 13:01

Treacle, there's another great book called "Bootleg, the rise and fall of the secret recording industry". It's by Clinton Heylin. If you don't have it already I recommend it. This would make a good movie I think.

Date: October 29, 2018 13:28

treaclefingers
hopkins

I have a book called "Great White Wonders", which is a reference to the white sleeve that bootlegs used to come in...and I believe it indicated Dylan was the first widely bootlegged artist.

I think it's unlikely that Live'r was the main impetus for the release of Ya-Ya's. It came out in December '69 and the Stones started mixing Ya-Ya's in January '70, the Stones owed Decca one more album under their contract and there was no way they were going to give them any new material and a live album is the ideal contract filler.

Posted by: rockerparis ()
Date: October 29, 2018 15:42

just found this at flea market in Paris this week-end
not sure if it's very valuable but hard to find anyway
from mozambique

only worth for the black label and the credits written on the back of the sleeve ( on the stairs) rather than on the insert

Date: November 7, 2018 15:50

rockerparis
just found this at flea market in Paris this week-end
not sure if it's very valuable but hard to find anyway
from mozambique

only worth for the black label and the credits written on the back of the sleeve ( on the stairs) rather than on the insert

That's cool...makes you wonder why Mozambique needed an altered version of the back cover. I mean, why go to the extra effort/expense? Why would they have bothered?

Date: November 7, 2018 15:52

Deltics
treaclefingers
hopkins

I think it's unlikely that Live'r was the main impetus for the release of Ya-Ya's. It came out in December '69 and the Stones started mixing Ya-Ya's in January '70, the Stones owed Decca one more album under their contract and there was no way they were going to give them any new material and a live album is the ideal contract filler.

Well, it was a long time ago that I read that reference, however the dates you mention I think would support my assertion. On the other hand, what you say about owing Decca one more album also makes sense. Perhaps it was more a situation where they were motivated to 'rush release' the album of live material because of the surprising success of the bootleg, but that the live album was going to happen regardless?

Date: November 7, 2018 16:11

treaclefingers
Deltics
treaclefingers
hopkins

Well, it was a long time ago that I read that reference, however the dates you mention I think would support my assertion. On the other hand, what you say about owing Decca one more album also makes sense. Perhaps it was more a situation where they were motivated to 'rush release' the album of live material because of the surprising success of the bootleg, but that the live album was going to happen regardless?

They couldn't start mixing the album much earlier as they only finished the tour in December and then, on returning to England, started mixing the tracks recorded at Muscle Shoals before filming their appearances on TOTP and "Pop Goes The 60s" before playing two dates at the Saville Theatre and two more at the Lyceum. I imagine they all took time off for Christmas and New Year!
The album was hardly "rush released" as it wasn't issued until September.

Date: November 8, 2018 01:03

how rare is my Liver Than You'll Ever Be Bootleg with a Rutgers Student Union
as the label on the actual LP?
The cover is a plain white album slick.
I bought it before Ya-Ya's was released, I'll narrow down the time-frame when
I look at some old journals. It was DEF a Huge, Huge album for me.
I played it many times and took excellent care of it.
It's not autographed or anything. It was the first boot I'd ever bought,
or even heard of.
I had over a thousand LP's, well over. and donated them all.
some very, very cool stuff, autographed by famous artists and etc...
i let it all go for not a dime, but wanted to make sure the music
would live and be appreciated and also that sales would help people.

i could NOT let go of that album; and somehow have kept it all these
years thru many moves. same with only a very few items, and Zero
other vinyl other than Dion's Runaround Sue album, which is made out
to me, (at ten years old) and autographed. I'd meet him later in life
in my late thirties, and have a few wonderful chances to interact with
him and to see him perform.

but that Stones boot is somehow still with me, thru fifty years of changes
all over this country; East, West, North and South.

i'll foto it if someone likes...
i'd have to get a little refresher on how to post a picture from my computer or phone to here though. i used to use photobucket; not sure if they charge etc...

ty.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5354555657585960616263...LastNext
Current Page: 58 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1655
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home