Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859...LastNext
Current Page: 54 of 66
Re: Let's talk RARE Stones vinyl
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 3, 2016 02:46

tioms
Hi treaclefingers,
Will please contact me?
I've a question for you.
E mail is open.
Greets,

Hi Tioms, I've just sent you a note.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 3, 2016 20:53

Sorry I didn't reply until now treale!

Ok, open with Chrome, and it will translate from Japanese to English.

[wardrecords.com]

That is a link for the deluxe set that is the Marquee and Brussels.

and this link

[wardrecords.com]

That is the one I bought. Very well done set!

Date: March 4, 2016 02:46

whitem8
Sorry I didn't reply until now treale!

Ok, open with Chrome, and it will translate from Japanese to English.

[wardrecords.com]

That is a link for the deluxe set that is the Marquee and Brussels.

and this link

[wardrecords.com]

That is the one I bought. Very well done set!

Thanks whitem8...tried it in chrome but it opens in japanese. I'll try and figure it out.

Date: March 4, 2016 03:36

When you open in chrome should either have to the left of where your address starts a little clipboard icon. Hit that and you will get a drag down that will ask to translate. Or you have the version of Chrome for PC, Windows, and it will have a double box icon to the far right in your address field. At the end of the box. You hit that and it will translate.

I just got the Leeds. Listened to the first two sides today. It is very interesting to hear their morph to a fifties style band with the echoing single or double string riffing. Very cool. I admit I have never been a fan of Neighbors. I find it mostly dull and over slick on Tattoo You. However, on Leeds, it scorches! My goodness does Ronnie rip out a great fifties styled guitar solo.

Sonically, Brussels is the top from Ward so far. And very well packaged. I just listened to Midnight Rambler on side A, and You Can't Always Get What You Want, on side B. What a sublime expereince. I really think it sounds so much fuller than the FLAC file. This is worth it. I have made several orders and haven't had a problem. I know at the beginning many folks were saying they wouldn't deliver out of Japan, but I haven't had that experience.

Date: March 5, 2016 17:48

Ok, I wrote recently about getting the 150 dollar Brussels box that was on sale. And it came, becautiful, however, the album was completely warped. So badly it could not be played. Well I bitched on here, and then shut it out of my mind, like denial. Then suddenly I got off my ass and got the shipping list and called Bravado. Ok, well, I know there have been complaints with their service, so I wasn't expecting much, however, the guy on the phone was fantastic. He said, "oh wow, so sorry, that sucks when the quality of a nice item like that isn't what it should be. Lets get you another one. So get your returned as soon as possible, we only have a few left in stock." Then he emailed me while we are on the phone the return label, and the return form. I got off the phone, packed it up, and sent it the next day. Two days later I have it back at my place. And the vinyl is good! There is slight, very slight warpage on the third album, but negligible. Very happy! So much so at 10:30 am I sparked up and cranked out the first two sides! Sounds fantastic!

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: March 17, 2016 21:57

I wonder how many are there Stones colour vinyls or picture discs. I have TSMR on white vinyl but I don't remember seeing other albums' colour pressings.

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: March 18, 2016 08:54

Colour vinyl: tens (Holland, Japan and a few more Countries)
Picture Discs: very few

Date: March 18, 2016 12:09

1963luca0
Colour vinyl: tens (Holland, Japan and a few more Countries)
Picture Discs: very few

There's that french one from 1970 and of course still life. Theres the pink miss you 12" and the red french version. Rarest is the rumoured blue 12x5.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: March 18, 2016 23:07

franzk
I wonder how many are there Stones colour vinyls or picture discs. I have TSMR on white vinyl but I don't remember seeing other albums' colour pressings.

Is everyone forgetting the simply marvellous PINK 12" vinyl long version of "Miss You".

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 19, 2016 00:36

Yeah, that was all the rage at the time. A pink extended version of Miss You. I played the hell out of it. Funny to think how I've fallen out of love with that song as I've heard it too many times in concert. Maybe it will make a comeback with me later. Back to collecting... my latest installment is an Italian EP of Carol with blue border sleeve. Finally found one of these sort of reasonably priced.

Posted by: Undercover1 ()
Date: March 20, 2016 16:52

There is a Hot Rocks Shelley on Ebay, the seller says it looks mismatched. Side 3/4 definitely a shelley with diff mixes of BS and WH. Says disc 1/2 label is different tho. Is this normal for a Shelley copy? I don't know if I want to buy a mismatch. I am not the seller but thinking of bidding since ive always wanted one of theses. Is this the reason the $ seems a bit low?

I will probably get more interested buyers involved by posting this link and hurting my chances but I know you guys know more than me about this.

[www.ebay.com]

Help!?

Undercover1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-20 16:53 by Undercover1.

Date: March 20, 2016 18:05

2PS-606/607 HOT ROCKS 1964 - 1971

In his “AN ILLUSTRATED DISCOGRAPHY” Roy Carr spread rumours of early copies of this 2LP set including ‘Brown Sugar’ alternate takes form the Muscle Shoals Studio days instead of the usual well known ones. Let’s read Roy Carr:
“’Brown Sugar’ exits in different versions and takes. There are those who argue that the cut included on earlier pressings of the ‘Hot Rocks’ compilation has some brass missing. This could as well be illusory and due to transformation of the track from single to LP speed”. Actually, these copies contain a different version of ‘Wild Horse’, too.”
Initially a total of three different matrixes were known to exist; they read the following number/data on off-groove vinyl of side 4. Nowadays, we know a minimum of five different early matrix sets:

1. another important matrix dated 11/5/71 (entry #595) has been discovered, recently. It’s the oldest of them all and contains the rare versions of both songs.
2. XZAL 11018 SHELLEY 11/18/71 made in mid-November (entry #596), was quickly re-made on December 3rd
3. (XZAL 11018 SHELLEY 12/3/71)(entry # 597), in order to remove the alternate versions.
4. One more matrix was made on 12/3/71, but not by Shelley Products Ltd. (entry # 598)
5. On December 6th (XZAL 11018 12/6/71), a fourth matrix (entry # 601)

All these matrixes were used and, so, when the record had its street date (December 15 1971) a minimum of five different matrixes for side-4 were out in the shops. All these initial matrixes were later substituted by new ones as reprints went by and, from circa 1973 onward, both Shelley Products Ltd. marks and dates disappeared from dead vinyl. These two songs were subject of a bitter dispute between ABKCO and Rolling Stones Records. Because of when they were written, Klein claimed ownership; because of when they were finally recorded the Rolling Stones claimed ownership. The settlement was that these two tracks became jointly owned by ABKCO and MUSICDOR B.V., the Rolling Stones’ company. Therefore, LONDON Records – via ABKCO – could put the two songs on its ‘Hot Rocks’ compilation for Christmas 1971. Initially, in order to respect the deadline for a Christmas record, they used older unreleased recordings and re-worked the matrix of side-4 only when they got the correct versions from Rolling Stones Records office. According to a rather comprehensive discography available on the web, the alternate versions were taken from the moviesound-track of ‘Gimme Shelter’.

Ask for pictures of the labels and I'll try to help, bye, Luca

Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: March 20, 2016 19:12

The hot rocks cover with the song banner on top is a much later release, which probably explains the mis match. The 11/18/71 version did not come with the banner cover
It shouldn't change the value of this item with the 11/18/71 alternates

Date: March 21, 2016 14:20

deardoctortake1
The hot rocks cover with the song banner on top is a much later release, which probably explains the mis match. The 11/18/71 version did not come with the banner cover
It shouldn't change the value of this item with the 11/18/71 alternates

whatever the case, i concur, get this with the alternate mixes.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 8, 2016 14:32

I found this one today for 10£...

Yep, you're seeing right, it's UK Aftermath in Mono...smiling bouncing smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 8, 2016 15:08

Congratulations! And btw: you got an interesting cover variation.
Check Jan´s Decca page for details:

[stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: April 8, 2016 17:20

What a bargain! That's the so called "shadow" cover . quite rare and expensive . Plus the decent mono mix.
Lucky man ! smileys with beer

Tom

Date: April 9, 2016 03:19

holy moly congratulations indeed comeon! that's worth a few hundred! on par with my Heart of Stone with picture sleeve get from a few year's ago for about the same price one 4 am search on ebay.

happy hunting!

btw, i also have the aftermath mono, although not the famed shadow cover. i also have a stereo open DECCA (no box) in what looks like unplayed condition. even the cover is shiny.

is it correct that the original stereo version of the decca is more rare than the mono version, anyone?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-09 03:41 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: April 9, 2016 04:11

I am going to Italy in 2 weeks, hoping to run across some record stores and maybe some Italian Stones stuff. Any recommendations, we are going to Rome, Florence and Venice.

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: April 9, 2016 10:51

treaclefingers
holy moly congratulations indeed comeon! that's worth a few hundred! on par with my Heart of Stone with picture sleeve get from a few year's ago for about the same price one 4 am search on ebay.

happy hunting!

btw, i also have the aftermath mono, although not the famed shadow cover. i also have a stereo open DECCA (no box) in what looks like unplayed condition. even the cover is shiny.

is it correct that the original stereo version of the decca is more rare than the mono version, anyone?

The Mono versions of the Stereo/Mono released Stones LPs from Aftermath onward have still a higher value then the stereo versions. Last week I got an exzellent Satanic Majesties Mono at ebay, early pressing with the decent mono mix . 150€ was a reasonable price.

Tom

Posted by: HenrikBB ()
Date: April 9, 2016 14:57

Come On
I found this one today for 10£...

Yep, you're seeing right, it's UK Aftermath in Mono...smiling bouncing smiley

Holy S#it ! ! !

That was QUITE a catch ! ! !

Congratulations !

This is really RARE Stones vinyl, - or rather Cover ! ! !

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 9, 2016 21:23

Congratulations, Come On. That was a great find for an amazing price.

Date: April 9, 2016 21:58

electricmud
treaclefingers

happy hunting!

The Mono versions of the Stereo/Mono released Stones LPs from Aftermath onward have still a higher value then the stereo versions. Last week I got an exzellent Satanic Majesties Mono at ebay, early pressing with the decent mono mix . 150€ was a reasonable price.

Tom

I know in the US by 1966 stereo vinyl was bigger than mono, but I had heard that in the UK mono was still bigger, until 1968-69 time frame, meaning fewer original stereo pressings.

is that not the case?

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 10, 2016 15:20

For some reason Mono on Decca is very rare from 1966 in Sweden and forwards...1965 and earlier Everything I got is on red Mono...cool smiley, and it's Made in UK except for OOOH that's US...

2 1 2 0

Date: April 10, 2016 15:38

No decent shops in Rome and Venice.
When in Florence, check Rock Botton: it's One of the best shops, in Italy.
They do not sell 'Made in Italy' records and are expensive, but still
Wellworth a visit. You could find Italian pressings in Milan, instead.
(Metropolis and Dischi Volanti shops).
Enjoy my homecountry and thanks for coming!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-10 15:39 by 1963luca0.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: January 1, 2017 02:56

My awesome brother got me "The Rolling Stones" for Christmas. London ffrr, mono album. The album looks pretty good, no scratches I can see, cover has a couple of names written on it. Looks authentic. Very jazzed!

Date: January 5, 2017 09:28

2014Slayer
My awesome brother got me "The Rolling Stones" for Christmas. London ffrr, mono album. The album looks pretty good, no scratches I can see, cover has a couple of names written on it. Looks authentic. Very jazzed!

Nice, congratulations! Have you a lot of other stones vinyl, or are you just starting your stones vinyl journey Slayer?

Posted by: theo1954 ()
Date: January 5, 2017 10:34

[stonesondecca.com]

Am I mistaken or does this say 1956?

Date: January 5, 2017 10:38

theo1954
[stonesondecca.com]

A nice misprint smiling smiley Didn't Jan say anything about that copy?

Date: January 5, 2017 17:17

theo1954
[stonesondecca.com]

good catch! that would be a nice one to have!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859...LastNext
Current Page: 54 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1612
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home