Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 66
Re: Let's talk RARE Stones vinyl
Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: August 13, 2014 02:22

While I claim to have seen these white corners every so often, including my copy, which has the dashes for cutting, I never actually loooked to see if the white corners had these dashes or not at the record shows where I passed on buying because I already had a copy.

Very interesting, and I will pay closer attention in the future.

thanks for the info, hopefully these are rare.

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: August 13, 2014 12:49

I've got 17 different GERMAN releases of Throught The Past, Darkly but NO "white corner without dashes" - wishful thinking, as I wrote before sad smiley

That's it so far - probably even more variations exists:

v0: aktuelle Expressausgabe with "Royal Sound Stereo"-enblem on the labels

v1: octagonal sleeve with "Royal Sound Stereo"-enblem on the labels

v15: non fold-out sleeve with white edges and dashed lines to cut it down to octagonal format, "Royal Sound Stereo"-enblem on the labels, released only for US and British air-force bases in Germany

v2: octagonal sleeve without "Royal Sound Stereo"-enblem on the labels

v12: normal fold-out sleeve without "Royal Sound Stereo"-enblem on the labels, early Matrix compared to v3

v3: normal fold-out sleeve without "Royal Sound Stereo"-enblem on the labels

v4: re-release on NOVA, DECCA-enblem on the green side of the labels

v11: re-release on NOVA, DECCA-enblem on the yellow side of the labels

v8: Sonderauflage deutscher Schallplattenclub

v9: Club-Sonderauflage

v5: Bertelsmann Club-Center release

v14: Deutscher Schallplatten-Club release, "Sonderauflage" at 10 o'clock on the labels

v6: Deutscher Schallplatten-Club release, "Club-Sonderauflage" at 10 o'clock on the labels

v10: Deutscher Schallplatten-Club release, "Sonderauflage" at 2 o'clock on the labels

v7: re-release from 1982, using the original matrix-numbers

v13: re-release from 1988, "half-moon" labels

v14: re-release from 1990, "full-moon" labels

Can't post any picture yet as Imageshack ist'n working for me right now...

Date: August 13, 2014 13:00

Now it's working (imageshack) - one of my favourites:

[imagizer.imageshack.us]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-13 13:01 by silkcut1978_.

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: August 13, 2014 13:15

Silkcut,
your great list confirms what I always tell to collectors: collecting the Rolling Stones is and endless adventure!
As soon as I can, I will check my German 'Darkly', but I'm pretty sure they're no more than five or six.
As a final result, we might dare to say that no non-dashed White-corner covers seem to exist. All the best, Luca

Date: August 13, 2014 19:58

1963luca0

collecting the Rolling Stones is and endless adventure!

As a final result, we might dare to say that no non-dashed White-corner covers seem to exist. All the best, Luca

You're absolutely right, Luca - but I'm glad that it's endless, otherwise it would be dull smiling smiley

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: August 15, 2014 11:35

If you talk about rare vinyl: this is one of the most rare:

[www.ebay.co.uk]

This is an RSM 1 UK ...NOT an RSD 1 from USA

I've to say: I'm NOT the seller,

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-15 11:47 by tioms.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 6, 2014 18:12

Here's an interesting list of what's considered the most rare stones records. Very USA-centric, as I don't see any DECCA's on there...prices also seem a tad high:

[kearth101.cbslocal.com]

1.1965 London 45- “Satisfaction” w/ps: $400.00
2.1964 London LP- “The Rolling Stones” w 12×12 bonus color photo: $400.00
3.1967 London LP- “Their Satanic Majesties Request” (3D cover, mono): $400.00

4.1965 London 45- “Heart of Stone” w/ps: $1,000.00
5.1964 London 45- “Not Fade Away” w/ps: $1,500.00

6.1978 Rolling Stones (label) 45- “Beast of Burden” w/ps: $2,000.00 (Originals are light lavender. Counterfeits are a deeper purple)
7.1964 London 45- “Stoned”: $7,500.00
8.1966 London LP- “Big Hits High Tide and Green Grass” (mono): $7,500.00 (Full title printed on one line on cover in lower case)
9.1964 London LP- “12 X 5” (blue vinyl): $10,000.00
10.1968 London 45- “Street Fighting Man” w/ps: $18,000.00

I've got the ones that are bolded...I believe the 12x5 blue vinyl is possibly a myth...anyone confirm that?

Posted by: j.b.goode ()
Date: September 6, 2014 20:56

Date: September 6, 2014 21:18

Thanks for that JB...here is what the quote from the link says...

Unsorted Left-Over Goodies
(a quick fix)

Color vinyl editions, club editions, picture discs,
test pressings, & promotion-only releases for US LPs.

No official LP color vinyl (other than black) pressings were ever offered for the US market (singles are a different story). There exists legend that a single copy of 12x5 printed on transparent blue vinyl exists, yet it is of questionable authenticity. A 'Thank You' goes out to Gary Johnson of Rockaway Records whom informed me of his sale of the only known blue-vinyl edition of 12x5 for $8,000.00, although to whom it was sold remains a mystery.

Sounds mysterious...and questionable.

Let's see it!

Posted by: VideoJames ()
Date: October 5, 2014 12:54

Does anyone have Bill Wyman's 45 single "White Lighting" b/w "Monkey Grip Glue" RS 19110 or the 1963 U.K. 45 Posion Ivy b/w Fortune Teller release?

Date: October 5, 2014 18:29

VideoJames
Does anyone have Bill Wyman's 45 single "White Lighting" b/w "Monkey Grip Glue" RS 19110 or the 1963 U.K. 45 Posion Ivy b/w Fortune Teller release?

The poison ivy single is a bit of a holy grail....I don't remember even seeing a pic of it...is it real or mythology?

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: October 5, 2014 23:41

treaclefingers
VideoJames

The poison ivy single is a bit of a holy grail....I don't remember even seeing a pic of it...is it real or mythology?

There's a picture of this one on the Stones Collector's Cave in the "UK Decca 7" Vinyl & Exports" thread. Also a lot of info about the single provided by Peter (stonedkoala). The record of the picture is from the Felix Aepply collection

stonescave.ning.com/
and the thread:
[stonescave.ning.com]

Date: October 6, 2014 02:39

Ricky
treaclefingers
VideoJames

There's a picture of this one on the Stones Collector's Cave in the "UK Decca 7" Vinyl & Exports" thread. Also a lot of info about the single provided by Peter (stonedkoala). The record of the picture is from the Felix Aepply collection

stonescave.ning.com/
and the thread:
[stonescave.ning.com]

Although Street Fighting Man 45/sleeve is more famous, to me this one seems rarer.

Date: January 24, 2015 17:12

I was wondering if anyone has this, or has even actually seen this before, Poison Ivy/Fortune Teller:

I'm not sure where I grabbed this pic, so I apologize I can't give it credit. Thought maybe from stonescave.ning.com but I'm quite sure I didn't sign up there and that seems to be the only way in.

Anyway, as I noted before this item is extremely rare. I've never seen it come up for auction, and of course it isn't even listed as an official release. It was the planned for follow-up to "Come On", so to be their second single, a certain amount pressed (not sure how many) and then withdrawn.

I can't imagine what this would go for, but has to be amongst their rarest vinyls.

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: January 24, 2015 23:56

treaclefingers
I was wondering if anyone has this, or has even actually seen this before, Poison Ivy/Fortune Teller:

I'm not sure where I grabbed this pic, so I apologize I can't give it credit. Thought maybe from stonescave.ning.com but I'm quite sure I didn't sign up there and that seems to be the only way in.

Anyway, as I noted before this item is extremely rare. I've never seen it come up for auction, and of course it isn't even listed as an official release. It was the planned for follow-up to "Come On", so to be their second single, a certain amount pressed (not sure how many) and then withdrawn.

I can't imagine what this would go for, but has to be amongst their rarest vinyls.

Here´s a photo of the other side of the single:

[aeppli.ch]

(scroll down a bit)

Date: January 25, 2015 03:16

rootsman
treaclefingers

Here´s a photo of the other side of the single:

[aeppli.ch]

(scroll down a bit)

Very cool...beyond the elusive SFM US pic sleeve, the Beast of Burden pic sleeve and maybe the 'Stoned' promo London 45, I think this has to be up there with rarest of them all.

There's also rumour of a blue vinyl 12x5...not sure if that is real.

Date: February 1, 2015 23:49

So if no single was officially released, is this sheet music of rare value then?

Date: February 2, 2015 00:05

deardoctortake1
So if no single was officially released, is this sheet music of rare value then?

HOLY MOLY!

Love that, thanks for posting. I daresay it would be considered rare. I guess it depends on when it came out...looks quite ancient.

They did have it on their EP, so perhaps it's release coincided with that.

Still, a fantastic find...where'd you get it?

Date: March 28, 2015 05:11

RAREST STONES VINYL of 'em all!

And I don't own it. There are something like 12 or 13 known in the world, with picture sleeve.

I've seen it go for over $15000 on ebay.

Does anyone have one, or know anyone that has one?

Has anybody seen my baby?

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: March 28, 2015 06:10

treaclefingers
RAREST STONES VINYL of 'em all!

And I don't own it. There are something like 12 or 13 known in the world, with picture sleeve.

I've seen it go for over $15000 on ebay.

Does anyone have one, or know anyone that has one?

Has anybody seen my baby?

There's a guy in Pennsylvania who runs a mail order record business called Very English and Rolling Stone. When I spoke to him at a record show sometime back in the 80s I recall him telling me that he has a copy in his personal collection; not for sale.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 28, 2015 06:25

I'm not a huge collector (I only have the regular editions and no rarities, apart from the 3-D edition of TSMR), but I was surprised some weeks ago when some friends of mine gave me these two brazilian EPs. They're not rare at all, but are somewhat hard to find, even here. They have the same tracklist, but the first one is in mono and the other one in stereo, and I thought it would be nice to share it here. smiling smiley

Posted by: martinw ()
Date: March 28, 2015 13:48

Re the Street Fighting Man PS - one sold on E-bay in January this year for just over 17,000 USD - see here: [www.ebay.co.uk]

Unfortunately I was not the buyer!

Date: March 28, 2015 15:43

martinw
Re the Street Fighting Man PS - one sold on E-bay in January this year for just over 17,000 USD - see here: [www.ebay.co.uk]

Unfortunately I was not the buyer!

Interesting! It says in the description that this is the first listed in 10 years but I know I saw one about 8 years ago sell for just over $15000.

I wonder whether this one is actually original, because when I click the link and see the sale, it also lists the seller is selling another one or the same one, and the sale ended early, or was pulled. Here it is:

[www.ebay.co.uk]?

Posted by: martinw ()
Date: March 28, 2015 18:09

Yes, it looks like the first sale didn't go through, the seller then re-listed it and added the following comment: "This is not a verified sleeve, the gloss of the paper around on the edges are possibly questionable and are hard to compare without seeing it in hand." Then he pulled the sale...Sounds very dodgy all round, but we get a good idea what some (wealthy) people are willing to pay for this.

Date: March 29, 2015 16:31

Cristiano Radtke
I'm not a huge collector (I only have the regular editions and no rarities, apart from the 3-D edition of TSMR), but I was surprised some weeks ago when some friends of mine gave me these two brazilian EPs. They're not rare at all, but are somewhat hard to find, even here. They have the same tracklist, but the first one is in mono and the other one in stereo, and I thought it would be nice to share it here. smiling smiley

Those are great specimens Cristiano.

Where did your friends get them? Were they jukebox EPs, I've seen several jukebox EPs through the years that were US?

I have a GHS version, I think including Star Star and Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo.

Date: May 24, 2015 04:58

Does anyone have this...and can this be as rare as claimed:

[www.ebay.com]

It's $3500 for a sealed copy of a She's A Rainbow/2000 LYFM jukebox 45, including picture sleeve (miniature version of the album cover). The fact that it doesn't have a 3d cover has me wondering if it's not just some reissue from the late 70s. That said, I guess it could still be worth something.

Anyone know anything about this?

Date: September 12, 2015 19:27

]woman[/url]

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 12, 2015 20:05

Hi Treacle. Yes, the TSMR Jukebox EP is seriously rare, the rarest of the 3 or 4 made but that price is absurd to me. I think $500 would be about fair, a hundred more if the strips are there. No offense to collectors with a different opinion.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: September 13, 2015 10:14

treaclefingers
Here's an interesting list of what's considered the most rare stones records. Very USA-centric, as I don't see any DECCA's on there...prices also seem a tad high:

[kearth101.cbslocal.com]

1.1965 London 45- “Satisfaction” w/ps: $400.00
2.1964 London LP- “The Rolling Stones” w 12×12 bonus color photo: $400.00
3.1967 London LP- “Their Satanic Majesties Request” (3D cover, mono): $400.00

4.1965 London 45- “Heart of Stone” w/ps: $1,000.00
5.1964 London 45- “Not Fade Away” w/ps: $1,500.00

6.1978 Rolling Stones (label) 45- “Beast of Burden” w/ps: $2,000.00 (Originals are light lavender. Counterfeits are a deeper purple)
7.1964 London 45- “Stoned”: $7,500.00
8.1966 London LP- “Big Hits High Tide and Green Grass” (mono): $7,500.00 (Full title printed on one line on cover in lower case)
9.1964 London LP- “12 X 5” (blue vinyl): $10,000.00
10.1968 London 45- “Street Fighting Man” w/ps: $18,000.00

I've got the ones that are bolded...I believe the 12x5 blue vinyl is possibly a myth...anyone confirm that?

12 x 5 blue vinyl is a Japanese release .

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: September 14, 2015 00:42

Yes: 12 x 5 blue vinyl was released in Japan as part of a coloured reissue series in early 1982.
The one on the list above is a US one, probably one factory experiment, probably only one copy made in blue vinyl... I've never seen a picture of this record.

Best

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-14 00:45 by Ricky.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1661
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home