Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 66
Re: Let's talk RARE Stones vinyl
Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: September 10, 2011 01:22

This one arrived today , perfect condition !!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 10, 2011 01:26

SWEEEEEETT ! !

Date: September 10, 2011 01:54

From the "Heart Of Stone " section ...........

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 10, 2011 03:37

wandlimb
peter wilson
Is this rare? I don't know

Paid $20 for it many years ago

USA pressing - PR 316

I have this, too. I paid $35 in 1978, which was kind of a lot back then.

Karla

I have 3 copies of this one...I'm not sure it is RARE, but anything like this is definitely harder to come by. I've seen it sell anywhere from about $35-$100 on EBAY.

Date: September 10, 2011 03:38

boston2006
This one arrived today , perfect condition !!

Nice,

I almost bought this, but without the PS. This is quite rare I think.

Date: September 10, 2011 03:46

boston2006

Very cool...this is what I'm talking about.

I have several copies of Heart of Stone, including a rare Canadian blue label (no swirls), a number of the purple and white label, the White London Lettering on the blue swirl label (with the rare US Pic Sleeve, as you have), AND a very rare orange swirl PROMO label.

I don't have all these int'l pic sleeves though.

Date: September 10, 2011 04:03

treaclefingers
wandlimb
peter wilson
Is this rare? I don't know

Paid $20 for it many years ago

USA pressing - PR 316

I have this, too. I paid $35 in 1978, which was kind of a lot back then.

Karla

I have 3 copies of this one...I'm not sure it is RARE, but anything like this is definitely harder to come by. I've seen it sell anywhere from about $35-$100 on EBAY.

You did well on this , I have just 1 copy and am always looking for another at the right price !

Date: September 10, 2011 04:05

treaclefingers
boston2006

Very cool...this is what I'm talking about.

I have several copies of Heart of Stone, including a rare Canadian blue label (no swirls), a number of the purple and white label, the White London Lettering on the blue swirl label (with the rare US Pic Sleeve, as you have), AND a very rare orange swirl PROMO label.

I don't have all these int'l pic sleeves though.

I'm only posting picture sleeves as the paper is more rare as time goes by .

Date: September 10, 2011 04:42

This is a 1971 UK promo for Street Fighting Man maxi single. I'm posting promos mostly, because they are easier to access in my current 'filing system':

Date: September 19, 2011 07:34

This one is kind of neat...Mick Taylor's autograph (supposedly...looks fairly authentic though), and boxed white label.

I've seen this a couple of times on EBAY, listed as 'promo' but I don't believe that to be true. I've also seen it referred to as a German release. No German writing but does have GEMA reference, which I think is could mean that.

I haven't seen that many around, fairly rare and it excellent condition. I have another album, Australian Let It Bleed with Mick Taylor autograph as well.

Posted by: forevervinyl ()
Date: October 1, 2011 22:31

Hey guys, new here but been around the industry for 30 years. Our company picked up a Street Fighting Man PS. It's listed on Ebay. We are accepting offers for the PS. User idea on Ebay is Forevervinyl. Website is forevervinyl.com. Regards. Scott.

Posted by: OhNoNotMeAgain ()
Date: October 2, 2011 00:20

forevervinyl
Hey guys, new here but been around the industry for 30 years. Our company picked up a Street Fighting Man PS. It's listed on Ebay. We are accepting offers for the PS. User idea on Ebay is Forevervinyl. Website is forevervinyl.com. Regards. Scott.

I didn't have any problem with the $20,000 starting bid, but it was the additional $310 for shipping to Europe that kinda turned me off your auction.

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: October 2, 2011 01:41

OhNoNotMeAgain
I didn't have any problem with the $20,000 starting bid, but it was the additional $310 for shipping to Europe that kinda turned me off your auction.
I know this was probably sarcastic, but if it wasn't: that's most likely for insurance reasons.

Date: October 4, 2011 21:15

Got this one today .
Check out the title on the "B " side .

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 4, 2011 23:46

What would you expect from the Belgium's >grinning smiley< grinning smiley winking smiley

Posted by: thelantern ()
Date: October 10, 2011 16:00

Two questions:

1. What is the rarest Stones vinyl of them all?
2. Just how rare is the mono version of 'Have You Seen Your Mother Live'?

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: October 10, 2011 16:26

The rarest stones vinyl is the US 7" street fighting man with the riot sleeve.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-12 17:09 by steffiestones.

Date: October 10, 2011 17:24

steffiestones
thelantern
Two questions:

Have You Seen Your Mother Live mono is very very very rare! I'v only seen 2 copies.

Some other exceptionally rare, are Beast of Burden with pic sleeve (soon to be made significantly less rare, with the release of the new Some Girls Super Deluxe Box),

The infamous "promotional album" only 200 UK, and 200 US copies pressed. I have an obvious faux version of this, plus a couple of copies of a later Australian pressing that is similar.

The pressing of the DECCA, the Rolling Stones, with the 'short' version of Tell Me.

The original pressing of "Come On", with the MT tax code instead of the usual KT tax code, on all subsequent releases. (I've found 2 copies of this)

Date: October 10, 2011 17:41

There are many rare stones albums. You got also test pressings, acetates,........

Date: October 10, 2011 17:45

steffiestones
There are many rare stones albums. You got also test pressings, acetates,........

Of course...didn't mean to imply that was the complete list by any stretch.

Also, I was thinking more along the lines of official releases.

I have a couple of white label Brown Sugars, without the tongue logo.

So, would you happen to know, would those be considered test pressings, or REALLY early promo releases, or something else?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-10 17:49 by treaclefingers.

Date: October 10, 2011 17:55

I think they are promo releases.
Here some of my test pressings and acetates.

Date: October 10, 2011 18:09

Good lord Steffie...brilliant!

I hope you are VERY well insured.

Love what you've posted, thank you.

Two pieces I find particularly interesting are Midnight Rambler on the Apple label, and the mispelt 'Stones' pressing (should be 'stoned', correct?)

Is it possible that is where the original mispelling occurred for the I Wanna Be Your Man/Stoned single?

I have a couple of copies of that, that say Stones, instead of Stoned.

If you have the story, love to hear it.

Thanks!

Date: October 10, 2011 18:14

Midnight Rambler on the Apple label is from get yer ya ya's out. GYYYO is the only album that was cut on apple acetates.
The misspelled 'stones' is not the song. This is the 12"emidisc acetate of 'out of our heads', the word 'stones is just writen on the label to mention of a stones acetate.

Posted by: ComeOn ()
Date: October 10, 2011 18:54

On vinyl I got a japanese version of 12x5 and Miss You/Beast of Burden on a pink maxi single ( and the Some Girls album with uncensored cover ),but I don`t know how rare they are ?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-10 22:44 by ComeOn.

Date: October 10, 2011 19:25

steffiestones
thelantern
Two questions:

Have You Seen Your Mother Live mono is very very very rare! I'v only seen 2 copies.

I see that the SFM US picture sleeve comes up for auction quite often. Could some of these be counterfeits? However, I've never seen a mono copy of HYSYMLive. I've seen one or two stereo versions but never a mono.

Date: October 10, 2011 19:35

thelantern
steffiestones
thelantern
Two questions:

I see that the SFM US picture sleeve comes up for auction quite often. Could some of these be counterfeits? However, I've never seen a mono copy of HYSYMLive. I've seen one or two stereo versions but never a mono.

yes, there are counterfeits of the riot sleeve!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-12 17:10 by steffiestones.

Date: October 10, 2011 20:05

ComeOn
On vinyl I got a japanese version of 12x5 and Miss You/Beast of Burden on a pink maxi single , but I don`t know how rare they are ?

To me, the whole Japanese side of collecting is a completely different art/science. I haven't a clue what is valuable or not.

The Miss You b/w Beast is very interesting though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-10 20:15 by treaclefingers.

Date: October 11, 2011 01:44

steffiestones
thelantern
steffiestones
thelantern
Two questions:

yes, there are counterfeits of the riot sleeve!
I know, there is one french guy who have a mono copy of HYSYML and i seen before a pic on the net. So there are for sure 2 copies.

This pic is from Peter, an australian collector.

Sorry, what I meant was that I've never seen a mono HYSYMLive come up for auction. That said, and given that there are only two known copies in existence, surely HYSYMLive mono is even more rare than the US SFM with riot sleeve? Or is it a case of "we know they are there, we just haven't found them yet"?

PS. Fantastic collection of tests and acetates Steffi! Now those really are what I call rare. The ultimate collectibles - real pieces of history! How come they are on different labels (e.g Trident, EmiDisc, Apple etc.)?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 11, 2011 01:57

They are rare and great but RARE is an officially released record

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: October 11, 2011 02:46

Rarity and desirability are two different things. A Street Fighting man is more generally desirable because it has a unique cover. Often things are billed as "rare" when really only the seller cares! Who knows if they have a 3rd Brazilian pressing of Rewind in their collection? was there one? does anyone actually care even if there were only 1,000 made?

I find the concept of what I call a "popular rarity" fascinating. To me they are things like the Promotional album. They are common enough for the casual collector to know about them and want them but rare enough to be priced out of many's reach, even if there is always one for sale somewhere in the world. The internet has killed the price of most "rare" vinyl only the really rare stuff has gone to the moon.

If my house was burning down and I could only rescue one vinyl it would be my IBC Acetate. In my opinion it is the holy grail of Stones vinyl collectibles. The first time the full band recorded and the recording they used to get a record deal. That makes it THE most historically important vinyl collectible full stop (IMHO). Sorry for the low res watermarked scans.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1787
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home