Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Mistaken CD
Posted by: franzk ()
Date: August 30, 2011 10:46

This happened first time to me. In a local CD store I bought Manfred Mann compilation Platinum. This is the cover

To my astonishment when I played the CD there were The Shadows songs on it, no Manfred Mann!!! It's not that somebody put wrong CD in the jewel case, the printing on the CD says Manfred Mann, Platinum, there is the song list etc. but the music is completely different. It's not a pirate CD, because it was bought in the CD store, it has security holograms.

Anything similar happened to any of you?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-30 11:06 by franzk.

Re: OT: Mistaken CD
Posted by: Handova ()
Date: August 30, 2011 13:12

Never happened to me, but heard similar stories with other records, both CDs and vinyl.

Sometimes such a fault in the manufacturing process turns into an instant collectable, so who knows, maybe you scored something really valuable there!

Posted by: pike bishop ()
Date: August 30, 2011 15:41

Hi, many years ago,a friend of mine brought an album he just bought (some Barkley James Harvest shite) around to my place.We got stoned and put it on the turntable. On or about the third song,I began to smell a rat,looked at the album and it turned out to be Mantovanni and some orchestra drivel.Wrong album in sleeve.Slainte Bart in Dublin.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 30, 2011 15:58

I once bought a used vinyl copy of Jethro Tull's Thick As A Brick. When I put on Side One, it was really Side Two. "Okay", I thought. "They've just got the labels switched". I flipped it over to play "Side Two", thinking I would hear Side One.
Wrong. It was Side Two again. There was no Side One. Side Two was on both sides!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 30, 2011 16:17

I have a Billy Joel CD with Jody Watley on it (think that's her name). Apparently these things happen on occasion. Would be awesome if there was a mix-up between The Beatles and Stones. Suspect that would be valuable.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 30, 2011 16:21

I bought 'Foxtrot' by Genesis on LP 'cause I really dugged 'Suppers Ready'...so what do you think happened...the same 5 songs on both sides of the friggin LP and no 'Suppers Ready'...I kept the album as the collector I am....smoking smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 30, 2011 16:24

Come On
I bought 'Foxtrot' by Genesis on LP 'cause I really dugged 'Suppers Ready'...so what do you think happened...the same 5 songs on both sides of the friggin LP and no 'Suppers Ready'...I kept the album as the collector I am....smoking smiley

Yeah, that's like what happened with my Tull album. No wonder it was in a used record store! I didn't keep it. If Side One had been on both sides I might have kept it.

Posted by: R ()
Date: August 30, 2011 16:48

Somewhere I still have the 2LP set of Blue Oyster Cult's "On Your Feet Or On Your Knees." One LP is correct. The other is the Eagles Greatest Hits.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: August 30, 2011 16:57

Not the same but when the Physical Graffiti CD came out I bought a copy and both CDs where the same.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: August 30, 2011 17:19

I bought a Terry Callier LP one day
the side A is OK but side B is the Who ...

Posted by: redsock ()
Date: August 30, 2011 20:42

When I wrote about music in the early 90s, I got a CD in the mail -- artist now forgotten -- that had Lenny Kravtiz's Are You Going My Way album on it.

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: August 30, 2011 20:56

R
Somewhere I still have the 2LP set of Blue Oyster Cult's "On Your Feet Or On Your Knees." One LP is correct. The other is the Eagles Greatest Hits.

God forbid...hearing "Peaceful Easy Feeling" when you want "Hot Rails to Hell"!

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: August 30, 2011 23:12

I already bought a copy of a Styx album (The Grand Illusion) in a regular record store (not a bootleg). The cover was correct. The label on the cd was correct... but the music recorded on it was The Eagles' Greatest Hits.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: August 30, 2011 23:30

R

daniel t
I already bought a copy of a Styx album (The Grand Illusion) in a regular record store (not a bootleg). The cover was correct. The label on the cd was correct... but the music recorded on it was The Eagles' Greatest Hits.

Seems that the Eagles found a cunning way to promote themselves...

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: August 31, 2011 23:43

If you're lucky enough, you can find an Italian colour vinyl Some Girls playing Diana Ross...

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: August 31, 2011 23:45

...and if I'm right, some years ago was reported a Canadian Exile Cd playing Bob Jovi,
Luca

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 31, 2011 23:48

I once bought a bootleg with Mick Taylor, Ron Wood on the cover.

Posted by: hedegaard ()
Date: August 31, 2011 23:53

Amsterdamned
I once bought a bootleg with Mick Taylor, Ron Wood on the cover.

auch! THAT hurts!!!!!!! LOL

Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: September 1, 2011 01:55

There are some copies of "Still Life" picture disc (Vinyl):
Some of them have Jimi Hendrix music and some others have Jeff Wayne's "War of the worlds"

Never seen them - all my 3 copies are playing Stones-music!

Jeff Wayne - never heard of him.

Per-Arne

(.....and after I was reading this, I checked my red Italian Some Girls - It's Stones music on my copy!)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1532
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home