Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Love Live
Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: June 30, 2016 14:12

London's Jazz Cafe last night was treated to a sparkling set by Love Revisited, featuring original Love guitarist Johnny Echol (69 years young). It was a great celebration of the songs of Arthur Lee and Bryan Maclean - both sadly RIP.

My review here
[onlyrockandroll.london]

Check out the performances on YouTube and get yourself a copy of Forever Changes

Re: OT: Love Live
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 30, 2016 15:49

I was there too and can vouch that it was a great, great gig. Anyone on the site a fan of Love?

Date: June 30, 2016 16:49

I'm listening to Forever Changes right now smiling smiley

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: June 30, 2016 17:48

I love this band. Their history is fascinating, their sound and approach were totally original. Did their "She Comes In Colors" precede The Stones "She's A Rainbow?" not sure. but they were very influential and a burst of something really special and innovative and well noted by their peers internationally as well as a lot of appreciative fans. Symphonic or straight ahead blast. Incredible original songwriting and arrangements. "Forever Changes" is better than Sgt. Pepper. The first two LP's also filled with gems.
Wow DP I didn't see you were listening to "Forever Changes" when I first posted this! That is so cool! so I'm adding this little edit to also say that I'm fascinated by Lee's friendship with Hendrix too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-30 17:52 by hopkins.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: June 30, 2016 19:14

IMHO "Forever Changes" might just be the best rock album - ever!

"She Comes In Colors" was released in December 1966, predates "She's A Rainbow" by a full year!

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: July 1, 2016 03:01

Absolutely.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: July 3, 2016 18:17

An audience tape from June 30th in the Cheese & Grain in Frome is currently on DIME.

Date: July 4, 2016 13:20

Seeing Love play You Set The Scene to an enthusiatic crowd at Glastonbury shows that just occasionally posterity gets it right

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: July 4, 2016 18:05

Love - a Great band for sure, unfortunately I missed the Arthur Lee and Love concert in Amsterdam in May 2002: " That concert got a very good review in 2002 " - lots of Love music around in my place.

Date: July 4, 2016 19:27

Some good YouTube footage of the Jazz Cafe gig now available here [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 8, 2016 06:20

At first glance I thought it was about this tour for some reason...

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: July 8, 2016 07:20

Somebody at Electra Records had ears and how! Jac Holzman himself I would suppose.
Phil Ochs and other folk music greats were popular through the early 60's, and then:
Paul Butterfield Blues Band with Mike Bloomfield
First rock signings were Love, then The Doors, The Stooges, MC5, Tim Buckley.
Each one of them pretty distinctly original. He took chances.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1969
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home