Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Congrats to Cleveland Cavaliers
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 20, 2016 06:18

Congrats to the Cavs and Lebron James for winning a very exciting NBA Finals 4-3 over Golden State. Awesome comeback after being down 3-1 in the series. Not a fan of either team but being a Michael Jordan fan from the 90's, it was nice to see GSW lose after going 73-9 in the regular season eclipsing the Bulls previous record of 72-10.
I've never seen a team try so many 3 point plays as GS does. When they're making them they're unbeatable but when they don't, this is what happens.

Re: OT: Congrats to Cleveland Cavaliers
Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: June 20, 2016 06:34

BIG 3 pointer from Kyrie in the last minute

Date: June 20, 2016 07:45

curry is a great shooter but doesn't do much else imo. his defense was suspect all year and the west finals and nba finals showed bogut, green and igudala (sp?) cover his mistakes

Posted by: Paulhanrahan ()
Date: June 20, 2016 08:55

I'm not a huge fan but this was a fantastic game, and yes congratulations Cleveland first time ever!

Posted by: ab ()
Date: June 20, 2016 09:12

HELLO CLEVELAND!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 20, 2016 10:11

Good, now we don't have to listen to Cleveland whine anymore. Maybe the Cubs will relieve of us to that sob fest this year, too. eye popping smiley

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 20, 2016 14:38

I turned on the tv at the beginning of the 4th quarter and the score was equal after 6 games and 3 quarters.

Maybe an idea for next year's finals, just play one quarter? smoking smiley

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 20, 2016 17:12

Awesome series! LeBron remains a monster and proved that he's still the face of the NBA. His complete game (scoring, rebounding, assisting, blocking) is astounding.

Curry is an amazing shooter and a standup guy by all accounts, but he needs to prove a LOT more in the league before the crown is passed.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 20, 2016 17:41

I will chew on Curry's mouth guard myself if the RS
play Oakland in the Fall and my close in-law
gets me in their bank owned box to see the show.

Big time Warrior fans up in the house on that side.
All I can say last minute last night's game
when Mr. James flew out of nowhere like a 7 foot jet
to block the Warriors basket
pass ball
winning score
Dammmn.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: June 20, 2016 18:27

35love

pass ball
winning score
Dammmn.

That play/sequence was incredible. Although I'm not sure where the origin of the quote "Great Offense wins games, Great Defense wins Championships" comes from, that play/sequence personified it for the Cavs. Your description of "a 7 foot jet" is pretty accurate to what I saw as I was watching it, as well. I'm betting that the Warrior's player who was going for that layup is still watching reruns and thinking "Where the hell did he come from?"

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 20, 2016 18:48

mr_dja
35love

pass ball
winning score
Dammmn.

That play/sequence was incredible. Although I'm not sure where the origin of the quote "Great Offense wins games, Great Defense wins Championships" comes from, that play/sequence personified it for the Cavs. Your description of "a 7 foot jet" is pretty accurate to what I saw as I was watching it, as well. I'm betting that the Warrior's player who was going for that layup is still watching reruns and thinking "Where the hell did he come from?"

Peace,
Mr DJA
That player was, fittingly, Andre Iguodala, who actually won last year's Finals MVP, and was a persistent thorn in LeBron's side during the series last year.

Iguodala's back got badly tweaked in Game 6 and so he was playing in obvious pain, but nevertheless, LeBron's block was a thing of beauty and provided the perfect button on this improbable Finals run.

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: June 20, 2016 20:24

NBA is rigged, it always goes to 7 games, owners can't leave all that money missing at the gates, outrageous salaries. I stopped watching games after the 70's. I couldn't stand all the damn travelling, they let a guy take 15 steps toward the basket without dribbling....

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 20, 2016 20:25

that series was one for the ages,you could feel the pressure even watching it on t.v. the crowd must still have knots in their stomachs.

the refs stay out of the way a little more at the end of a game that big[nobody wants a whistle to decide the title]and you could tell when both teams locked down the defense at the end the next big shot was gonna be it-everytime somebody put one up millions of people were holding their breath,what a game.

if you ever want to show your kids how to behave in defeat,show them that press conference with steph curry.three different reporters tried to let him blame his earlier knee problem-no bite."wish we could've done better,they deserved to win"-that kids a class act.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 20, 2016 20:43

I am still pretty shocked myself. Down 3 games to 1 to one of the best teams, supposedly, of all time, and they pulled it off ... it was done mostly, imo, by sheer determination by the cavs (not just Lebron, the cavs played great tenacious D)

Date: June 20, 2016 20:47

KYRIE was the MVP for the Cavs. Hands down. He carried them several key

games. Lebron is great but Kyrie was the best player for the Cavs. In the Finals

Date: June 20, 2016 21:25

BamaStone
NBA is rigged, it always goes to 7 games, owners can't leave all that money missing at the gates, outrageous salaries. I stopped watching games after the 70's. I couldn't stand all the damn travelling, they let a guy take 15 steps toward the basket without dribbling....
the NBA Finals have gone to 7 games 4 times in the last 20 seasons

Date: June 20, 2016 21:26

jumpontopofmebaby

games. Lebron is great but Kyrie was the best player for the Cavs. In the Finals
I was thinking co-mvp with Lebron

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: June 20, 2016 22:00

Terrific series, GREAT Game 7 - amazing, gutsy comeback by LeBron and Co. Really enjoyed watching it!

Date: June 20, 2016 22:04

Rollin' Stoner
jumpontopofmebaby

I was thinking co-mvp with Lebron

Yes that would have been the best I think.

Date: June 20, 2016 22:10

keefriffhard4life
curry is a great shooter but doesn't do much else imo. his defense was suspect all year and the west finals and nba finals showed bogut, green and igudala (sp?) cover his mistakes

He is a great shooter / ball handler etc. But he is also very careless with

the ball and makes too many bad passes in clutch times. Last night

the behind the back pass attempt was foolish and not called for and was a

turnover at a critical time in the last few minutes of the game. That to

me was the turning point. Not the block by Lebron.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: June 20, 2016 22:43

jumpontopofmebaby

If you really believe that you don't know much about basketball. Lebron dominated the series. Forget the stats where he dominated but he controlled the whole pace of the game. He controlled whop took what shot when. Plus his defense was out of this world. The Warriors were scared to drive because he was in there. The Warriors keyed on Lebron so Kyrie didn't have as much pressure as he would be if he was the main man.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-20 22:44 by stanlove.

Date: June 20, 2016 23:04

stanlove
jumpontopofmebaby

If you really believe that you don't know much about basketball. Lebron dominated the series. Forget the stats where he dominated but he controlled the whole pace of the game. He controlled whop took what shot when. Plus his defense was out of this world. The Warriors were scared to drive because he was in there. The Warriors keyed on Lebron so Kyrie didn't have as much pressure as he would be if he was the main man.[/quote

Coached Basketball for 21 years. And Kyrie made shot after shot after

shot either under pressure of going to the basket making unreal moves and

unreal shots banking the ball high off the glass. Kyrie was the more dominate

player. He took over the game. Lebron is great but Kyris was the MVP.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: June 20, 2016 23:07

jumpontopofmebaby
stanlove
jumpontopofmebaby

If you really believe that you don't know much about basketball. Lebron dominated the series. Forget the stats where he dominated but he controlled the whole pace of the game. He controlled whop took what shot when. Plus his defense was out of this world. The Warriors were scared to drive because he was in there. The Warriors keyed on Lebron so Kyrie didn't have as much pressure as he would be if he was the main man.[/quote

You are aware that even if you want to go by stats Lebron outscored him right? Now lets talk about the other part6s of the game where Lebron dominated. I can't imagine thinking that Kyrie was the MVP of that series. It wasn't even close.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: June 20, 2016 23:54

stanlove
jumpontopofmebaby
stanlove
jumpontopofmebaby

You are aware that even if you want to go by stats Lebron outscored him right? Now lets talk about the other part6s of the game where Lebron dominated. I can't imagine thinking that Kyrie was the MVP of that series. It wasn't even close.

During the Finals, LeBron was the first person in any playoff series to lead all players in points, rebounds, assists, blocks and steals.

He was the third person in NBA history to put up a triple-double in Game 7, finishing with 27 points, 11 rebounds and 11 assists. The other two were Jerry West and James Worthy.

While I won't deny that he needed Kyrie (and the rest of his team) to help him win (as proven by what happened WITHOUT Kyrie & Kevin Love last year), there's no doubt in my mind that LeBron was far and away the only player in consideration for the series MVP. Before game 7, there was even talk of LeBron being the MVP even if the Cavs had lost. Jerry West is the only player to do that (1969 when the Lakers lost to the Celtics).

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 21, 2016 00:12

lebron is one of the two or three best players i've ever seen.he would destroy michael jordan if they were allowed to play by the same rules.

jordan was created by the nba and nike to be superman,to make money for the league and nike and fill the void when magic and bird were gone.

if you breathed on jordan you got called for a foul,he could push off guys,shove them,whatever he wanted and the whistles were silent.
it changes the way you play when you know you can't even get close to a guy,in the playoffs it was tenfold.

lebron is treated like a guy coming off the bench half the time,he just powers through it,he's up there with kareem and wilt-the real deal.

Posted by: tornnfrayed ()
Date: June 21, 2016 00:44

Warriors lost because they failed to score in the last 4:39 of the game. Were 0-9 in that stretch. Curry 0-4. Just an incredibly bad scoring drought coming at the worst time.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: June 21, 2016 03:05

Ian Hunter, Cleveland Rocks...wonder if this is being played in Cleveland today. Enjoy.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: June 21, 2016 05:59

Glad for all my family in Cleveland. Still not sold on Lebron though but he's growing on me a bit.

Date: June 21, 2016 06:19

jumpontopofmebaby
keefriffhard4life

He is a great shooter / ball handler etc. But he is also very careless with

the ball and makes too many bad passes in clutch times. Last night

the behind the back pass attempt was foolish and not called for and was a

turnover at a critical time in the last few minutes of the game. That to

me was the turning point. Not the block by Lebron.

agreed. curry is pretty one dimensional. a real MVP can adapt their game to help fit the needs of the team. of course scoring is always needed but curry needed to play smarter with the ball and make less mistakes.

Date: June 21, 2016 06:39

Epic Block

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1823
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home