Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New Insane Rolling Stones project
Posted by: KeefRichards88 ()
Date: August 23, 2011 23:49

For those of you who remember i was the guy who put on a Stones concert everytime the Stones did a show on the A Bigger Bang tour, where I would build a stage play the same setlist they did and play the role of Keith on guitar.

Well I was getting bored so over the summer i put together a new Stones idea. I took a 60 inch plasm tv screen that was on my wall and built a stage around it. used a long table as a stage and build vertical supports on each side of the table and then used planks of wood to build rafters on top. I used the raftes to hang all sorts of lights raging from LEDs to christmas lights to fire truck red lights to color disco ball lights. I built microphones and key boards out of legos, a drum set out of spools of yarn and i used all the stones cds as amps. I found pictures of the stones online printed them out and proped them up on the stage. For sound I used a 7.1 surround sound system, 3 speakers above the video screen, 2 above each each side of the stage and 2 in the back of the venue, I put a subwoffer under the couch for the VIP seats.

I have done this before but nothing this insane. I had The Oak Ridge Boys and Paul McCartney as opening acts.

the setlist for the stones was
1. Street Fighting Man - live licks CD version
2. Shine A Light - shine a light CD version
3. Out Of Control - no security CD version
4. Symapthy for the Devil - Steel Wheels DVD version
5. Brown Sugar - Steel Wheels DVD version
6. Rock and a hard place - Steel Wheels DVD version
7. Wild Horses- Bridges to Babylon DVD version
8. Waiting On A Friend - Bridges to Babylon DVD version
9. Can't Be Seen - Flashpoint CD version
10. Miss You - Rio 2006 DVD version
11. Start Me Up - Rio 2006 DVD version
12. Tumbling Dice - Shine A Light DVD version
13. Satisfaction or You Got Me Rocking - MSG 2003 DVD version (roated the songs every show)
14. Honky Tonk Women - MSG 2003 DVD version
15. Like A Rolling Stone - Bridges to Babylon DVD version
16. Jumpin' Jack Flash - Bridges to Babylon DVD version

for Paul McCartney i used almost all tracks from the Good Evening NYC cd
1. Drive My Car
2. Day Tripper
3. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
4. Band On The Run
5. Here Today
6. Paperback Writer
7. Got To Get You Into My Life
8. Something
9. Yesterday
10. Helter Skelter
11. Get Back

I did 50 of these. Made every show a different city for a US tour. And i picked a venue in that city where I thought would be a popular place to see the Stones, (I did no Stadiums) I did 49 shows to represent 49 years of the stones in exsistence and the 50th as a special encore show.

I had friends go to the first few show and through word of mouth everyone in the village I live in was talking about it and people were saying I have got to see this. And everyone walked away impressed with the concept of going to a stones concert.

Im already working on a tour for Europe, Asia and up next Australia _ (thought of Rockman in doing so.)

Re: New Insane Rolling Stones project
Posted by: Stones62 ()
Date: August 23, 2011 23:52

Wow, that is quite a project! Can you post pics of your set up?

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: August 23, 2011 23:54

Sounds f&%#/ing amazing!!!

Keep up the Great work Man!!!!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 23, 2011 23:54

Yeah, or better a video

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: August 23, 2011 23:55

Outstanding! Cheers Keef!

Before each show do you say "It's great to be anywhere!" thumbs up

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 23, 2011 23:57

Don't forget New Zealand for Colonial.......................

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 24, 2011 00:20

and up next Australia

......sounds wild!!!! ....... please let us know when ya hit othe Aussie shores...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 24, 2011 00:26

.......please keithrichards88 any photos/vid ???....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 24, 2011 00:56

KeefRichards88
For those of you who remember i was the guy who put on a Stones concert everytime the Stones did a show on the A Bigger Bang tour, where I would build a stage play the same setlist they did and play the role of Keith on guitar.

How could anyone forget ?

...and yes; a photo, please !

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: August 24, 2011 01:22

I don't get it at all. It is really obscure

What is this you did (1) during the Bigger Bang tour ? You built a stage in your apartment ?

What is this you do (2) over summer ? What was on the tv screen ? Did you put the Stones picture on the screen ? A sort of tourist show at night, with music and laser ? And how do you manage with that having Paul McCartney as opening act?

KeefRichards88
1) For those of you who remember i was the guy who put on a Stones concert everytime the Stones did a show on the A Bigger Bang tour, where I would build a stage play the same setlist they did and play the role of Keith on guitar.

2) Well I was getting bored so over the summer i put together a new Stones idea. I took a 60 inch plasm tv screen that was on my wall and built a stage around it. used a long table as a stage and build vertical supports on each side of the table and then used planks of wood to build rafters on top. I used the raftes to hang all sorts of lights raging from LEDs to christmas lights to fire truck red lights to color disco ball lights. I built microphones and key boards out of legos, a drum set out of spools of yarn and i used all the stones cds as amps. I found pictures of the stones online printed them out and proped them up on the stage. For sound I used a 7.1 surround sound system, 3 speakers above the video screen, 2 above each each side of the stage and 2 in the back of the venue, I put a subwoffer under the couch for the VIP seats.

I have done this before but nothing this insane. I had The Oak Ridge Boys and Paul McCartney as opening acts.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 24, 2011 01:29

The Joker
I don't get it at all. It is really obscure

What is this you did (1) during the Bigger Bang tour ? You built a stage in your apartment ?

In case you don't remember..... : [www.iorr.org]
- as WMiller wrote in that thread; "hall of fame posting"

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: August 24, 2011 06:22

Maybe I'm missing something here... Isn't printing up cutouts of the band, building a stage out of tables and drums out of spools, and mics out of legos... a bit... obsessive...? I love your enthusiasm, but this is way out there for me.

I don't worship the Stones, I just love the music they produce...

Help me out if I'm missing something.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: August 24, 2011 11:23

I get it is a performance, so one have really to see it to understand this theatrical thing

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 24, 2011 11:44

Maybe you could play an IORR Christmas party somewhere?

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: August 24, 2011 16:15

Any clips on youtube from it?

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: LastStopThisTown ()
Date: August 24, 2011 16:20

KeefRichards88 - This. Sounds. Phenomenal.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: August 24, 2011 16:30

the most awesomest part is the oak ridge boys.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 24, 2011 21:01

You think YOUR Rolling Stones project is insane ???

[www.iorr.org]

WANNA TALK ABOUT INSANE...

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 24, 2011 21:03

PS
YOUR PROJECT IS COOL.
PLEASE PARDON THE CAPS...
TOOOO LAZY TO KEEP PRESSING <CAPS/LOCK> I GUESS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-24 21:03 by schillid.

Posted by: redsock ()
Date: August 24, 2011 22:16

flacnvinyl
Maybe I'm missing something here... Isn't printing up cutouts of the band, building a stage out of tables and drums out of spools, and mics out of legos... a bit... obsessive...? I love your enthusiasm, but this is way out there for me.

I don't worship the Stones, I just love the music they produce...

Help me out if I'm missing something.

I think you are missing that he is simply doing something he likes doing. Some people read, or knit, or collect stamps, or whatever ...

Some things I do re: bootlegs or baseball would absolutely strike someone (many people?) as "obsessive", but who has time to care about that? I like doing it, so I do it.

Posted by: KeefRichards88 ()
Date: August 25, 2011 22:11

I do not have any video clips of it because i did not want it on youtube. This is because i wanted people to actually come see it without sitting at home and watching it on a computer, I watched the people watching the show making sure they did not record it.

I do have photos of all 3 sets of The Oak Ridge Boys, Paul and the Stones, I just need to figure out how to do the url thing to get them posted on here.So if anyone knows please tell me how so you can see them.

Redsock - Your right I do it because I love doing it and plus I get to listen to and watch songs being preformed by my favorite band. No matter how crazy things are that I do, I have gotten people to see how creative I can get, My goal is to get as many people to watch or listen to the Stones as posible so if they tour again they will take the oppruitunity to buy a ticket and go see them.

And with everyone who came to a show I would put everyones name in a box and pull out a name and you could win a Rolling Stones Greatest Hits cd that i made. When we did the Hershey PA show you also won a Hershery bar,For The Darien Lake show which is out side of buffalo, We gave away 2 free tickets for the winner and a friend to go to the park and spend the day. For Las Vegas we gave away a deck of cards.

Everyone wants me to do it again next year, its a lot of work but will see. Doing that and balancing 4 other jobs is tough.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: August 25, 2011 22:16

I love it!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: August 25, 2011 22:49

KeefRichards88
I do not have any video clips of it because i did not want it on youtube. This is because i wanted people to actually come see it without sitting at home and watching it on a computer, I watched the people watching the show making sure they did not record it.

I do have photos of all 3 sets of The Oak Ridge Boys, Paul and the Stones, I just need to figure out how to do the url thing to get them posted on here.So if anyone knows please tell me how so you can see them.

Redsock - Your right I do it because I love doing it and plus I get to listen to and watch songs being preformed by my favorite band. No matter how crazy things are that I do, I have gotten people to see how creative I can get, My goal is to get as many people to watch or listen to the Stones as posible so if they tour again they will take the oppruitunity to buy a ticket and go see them.

And with everyone who came to a show I would put everyones name in a box and pull out a name and you could win a Rolling Stones Greatest Hits cd that i made. When we did the Hershey PA show you also won a Hershery bar,For The Darien Lake show which is out side of buffalo, We gave away 2 free tickets for the winner and a friend to go to the park and spend the day. For Las Vegas we gave away a deck of cards.

Everyone wants me to do it again next year, its a lot of work but will see. Doing that and balancing 4 other jobs is tough.

FYI...you can still post it on YouTube and have it listed as a PRIVATE video and only people with the link will actually see it (like here on the board).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1747
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home