Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Rolling Stones are nominated to Billboard Music Awards 2016 : "Top Touring Artist" & "Top Duo/Group" !
Posted by: radkovskii85 ()
Date: April 11, 2016 19:18

Top Touring Artist
— Madonna
— One Direction
— The Rolling Stones
— Taylor Swift
— U2

Top Duo/Group
— Maroon 5
— One Direction
— twenty one pilots
— The Rolling Stones
— U2 Top

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-11 19:19 by radkovskii85.

Re: The Rolling Stones are nominated to Billboard Music Awards 2016 : "Top Touring Artist" & "Top Duo/Group" !
Date: April 11, 2016 19:24

Re: The Rolling Stones are nominated to Billboard Music Awards 2016 : "Top Touring Artist" & "Top Duo/Group" !
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 11, 2016 19:30

Not much competition, is there?

Viewing this list of nominees is rather depressing. Is this really where we're at? No wonder I take to exploring and seeking-out the music from yesteryear. Yes, I know it's the mainstream, but Christ, the Beatles were mainstream; Aretha Franklin was a hit-maker!

Date: April 11, 2016 21:25

May 22, 2016 Las Vegas

Date: April 11, 2016 21:48

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 11, 2016 22:15

They should win on the strength of the free concert in Cuba alone...plus they are the best and coolest band on the planet. cool smiley

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 11, 2016 22:26

Top based on what?

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: April 11, 2016 22:33

Koen
Top based on what?

money grossed? pretty sure that's how they determine it

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 11, 2016 22:39

alieb
Koen
Top based on what?

Yep, I guess so. Three of them have already appeared here: [www.billboard.com]

Perhaps I'm wrong, but the "top touring artist" category might refer to 2015, because U2 hasn't played any concert this year yet.

Date: April 12, 2016 20:32

Date: April 13, 2016 02:52

Cristiano Radtke
alieb
Koen
Top based on what?

Yep, I guess so. Three of them have already appeared here: [www.billboard.com]

Perhaps I'm wrong, but the "top touring artist" category might refer to 2015, because U2 hasn't played any concert this year yet.

must be, one direction are not even together anymore

Date: April 13, 2016 14:53

Posted by: winos ()
Date: April 13, 2016 15:10

Who are 21 pilots? Did they fly the Stones around Sth America?

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: April 13, 2016 18:12

Taylor Swift will win easily, she has the highest grossing tour of all, by far.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 13, 2016 21:19

hate to tell you that the Stones are not a duo they are a proper band !

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 13, 2016 23:12

They beat TAYLOR SWIFT!? That's BIG! What do you mean, no real competition?? And U2 and Madonna...I call THAT competition! Good for the Stones!

Date: April 15, 2016 22:31

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 23, 2016 07:18

Top Touring Artist: Taylor Swift
Top Duo/Group: One Direction

Full list here: [www.billboardmusicawards.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 23, 2016 07:58

Cristiano Radtke

There's something wrong in the world...confused smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 23, 2016 08:26

my wife forced me to watch this abomination tonight. horrible. however kesha knocked it out of the park with 'It Ain't Me Babe'. quite a pleasant surprise really, and almost worth wasting the 3 hours or so watching it.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: May 23, 2016 08:55

Not only are the Rolling Stones getting old, but by looking at the nominees Rock and Roll itself is getting old and feeble.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 23, 2016 08:57

treaclefingers
my wife forced me to watch this abomination tonight.
That's one of the reasons I'm not married. Oh, and there's this masseuse, well, actually three of them -- that's the other (three) reason(s) I'm not married.

By the way, do the Stones really care about awards? Does it prove anything? I mean, they wouldn't show up at such a thing unless it was guaranteed that they could steal the show. Otherwise, why even bother at this point? What's it prove?

Best to be getting a massage instead....

Date: May 23, 2016 13:03

Hairball
Cristiano Radtke

There's something wrong in the world...confused smiley

maybe so, but it makes perfect sense to me, these people are young and attractive and making lowest-common-denominator music, and their touring schedules are rigorous.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: May 23, 2016 14:26

The music industry has changed dramatically. Acts are no longer given time to develop as artists. If not immediately commercially successful they are dropped and no longer supported by the industry. That's why nowadays top acts sound prefabricated and overproduced or are supported and promoted thanks to their privileged background.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: May 23, 2016 14:47

desertblues68
The music industry has changed dramatically. Acts are no longer given time to develop as artists. If not immediately commercially successful they are dropped and no longer supported by the industry. That's why nowadays top acts sound prefabricated and overproduced or are supported and promoted thanks to their privileged background.

And people still buy this crap. Why, oh why, oh why?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 23, 2016 18:14

stonehearted
treaclefingers
That's one of the reasons I'm not married. Oh, and there's this masseuse, well, actually three of them -- that's the other (three) reason(s) I'm not married.

By the way, do the Stones really care about awards? Does it prove anything? I mean, they wouldn't show up at such a thing unless it was guaranteed that they could steal the show. Otherwise, why even bother at this point? What's it prove?

i get the impression you 'self-massage' a good deal of the time!

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 24, 2016 08:12

treaclefingers
stonehearted
treaclefingers

i get the impression you 'self-massage' a good deal of the time!
Ha! Ha! Treacle, you know me too well! smileys with beer

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: May 24, 2016 08:39

desertblues68
You hit the nail on the head

The other thing I notice is not many bands, mostly just attractive lil singers with 5-10 choreographed gyrating dancers prancing around. I guess that keeps the costs down and profits up... and with no "group" there is less risk of breaking up "the group", so the cutie up front just keeps on doing her/his thing, making tons of money for the backers.

And if/when the cutie up-front wants to get crosswise with the backers (Doctor) BOOM!!! Blackballed... and the backers have enough money to win the court cases, holding up the blackballee as a "lesson learned to others"... which keeps the whole crap wagon running.

I suppose that is why rap keeps being so heavily promoted despite having no redeeming qualities except making money. With just one guy/gal out in front screaming to a recorded back beat track and the kids filling up arenas it is almost pure profit, compared to lugging around 30-40 semi-trucks full of band equipment.

I accidentally left the TV on the same channel after Indianapolis qualifying was over and came back in to see that shit show Sunday night. I gave it a chance, but man... o man... what a shit show... I watched for a little bit, then muted it, but left it on for a while watching Columbo on the other TV... but looking up occasionally the BBMA was... well, it wasn't rock and roll, not in the tiniest bit. I didn't see one band playing drums/bass/guitars. It was mostly just attractive lil singers backed up by by 5-10 choreographed gyrating dancers prancing around.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1852
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home