Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Darryl Jones film trailer - sneak peek
Posted by: roundnround ()
Date: March 14, 2016 21:23

Here's a sneak peek at our Darryl Jones documentary film trailer … This is for the private viewing of IORR members, not for commercial purposes… It will only be up for a short time, so enjoy!

Click on this link… video: [vimeo.com] … password is milesdavis

Re: Darryl Jones film trailer - sneak peek
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 14, 2016 21:29

thumbs up

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 14, 2016 21:32

Thanks! smiling smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 14, 2016 21:41

Gee, Ronnie in the old days asking you if you want a Guinness. Must have been a rare event.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: March 14, 2016 21:55

Thanks for sharing the link and password! Glad it worked here at the office. Any estimates as to when & where we'll be able to see the whole movie?

Thanks again!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 14, 2016 21:58

Nice trailer, this documentary sounds promising. Thanks for sharing! thumbs up

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: March 14, 2016 22:00

NICE--Thanks for sharing.

Date: March 14, 2016 22:00

mr_dja
Thanks for sharing the link and password! Glad it worked here at the office. Any estimates as to when & where we'll be able to see the whole movie?

Thanks again!

Peace,
Mr DJA

We are still working on the film… Will let you know when it's ready… Thanks!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 14, 2016 22:15

Fanks!!! roundnround .... good taster

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: March 14, 2016 22:22

Good looking documentary but very sad in a way that the Stones gush about a man who they've played with for 20 years yet can say nothing nice about Bill, who they played with for 30 years and who may not be around much longer.

That trailer was good to watch for Darryl but very sad for Stones history in general.

Date: March 14, 2016 23:18

Did I hear that right? Ronnie said they don't miss playing with Bill?

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: March 14, 2016 23:31

"he's a very nice guy", thanks Charlie !

Date: March 15, 2016 00:10

24FPS

As much as Ronnie Lane in the faces, so Ronnie does still miss Bill. Roundnround did they give their opinions of Bill? You mentioned before they said some nice stuff but I was wondering what exactly.

Date: March 15, 2016 00:32

The Worst.
24FPS

First of all, I have only nice things to say about Darryl and think it`s cool that he`s being appreciated in this way. But I also have to say that they said more nice things about Darryl in this little clip than they`ve ever said about Bill.

I don't know Darryl Jones, just like I don't know any of the Rolling Stones. I only know them by their creative output. Brian was a bastard and I love his slide playing. This isn't personal. I'm sure Bill has done some things in his personal life I might feel squeamish about. I only care about Darryl's contribution to my favorite band, the Rolling Stones, and I don't get it. There are tons of 70s jazz rock, Stanley Clarke wannabe noodlers on the same plain as Darryl. There are tons of sidemen we never hear of. We would have never heard of Darryl if he hadn't gotten the Stones gig. He's easy to play with and He's a nice guy. There's your title.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: March 15, 2016 00:41

"We would have never heard of Darryl if he hadn't gotten the Stones gig."

Well, Miles Davies got to know his name when he was only 22 years old. To be picked by Miles Davis at that young age speaks for itself.

And somehow The Stones must have known his name too... Otherwise he would not have been invited to the auditions! You make it sound as if Darryl Jones was completely unknown before he auditioned with The Rolling Stones, which simply isn`t true. He had played with Sting, Joe Cocker and Madonna before that. And do you honestly think The Rolling Stones would just hire any bass player for the job?

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: March 15, 2016 01:40

Looks cool. Any release date?

Date: March 15, 2016 02:40

The Worst.
"We would have never heard of Darryl if he hadn't gotten the Stones gig."

Well, Miles Davies got to know his name when he was only 22 years old. To be picked by Miles Davis at that young age speaks for itself.

And somehow The Stones must have known his name too... Otherwise he would not have been invited to the auditions! You make it sound as if Darryl Jones was completely unknown before he auditioned with The Rolling Stones, which simply isn`t true. He had played with Sting, Joe Cocker and Madonna before that. And do you honestly think The Rolling Stones would just hire any bass player for the job?

No offense to Darryl, but what would the Rolling Stones know about a good bass player for the Rolling Stones? They barely picked the one they had for their first 30 years. They disrespect the instrument and its importance to a song enough to let Mick Jagger play bass on their last album. I just went back and listened to a few Darryl with Miles clips. He doesn't add anything there, either. I guess the Stones, after Bill, wanted someone to fulfill the position, mostly adequately in their eyes, and now lets move on to more important issues, like Mick's outfit for Sympathy on this tour. New title for the doc, 'Mr. Adequate'.

Date: March 15, 2016 04:05

"Roundnround did they give their opinions of Bill? You mentioned before they said some nice stuff but I was wondering what exactly."

The film is focused on Darryl so I mainly asked questions about him, but Charlie did say that Bill had some incredible bass licks, and that he appreciated Bill's love of early Chicago blues and liked his series "Blues Odyssey"… Darryl said he has great respect for Bill's playing, and mentioned his bass line in Start Me Up as one that he really liked and thought was amazing…

Keith and Darryl are very close and have a tremendous mutual respect and affection, as you can see in this clip...

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: March 15, 2016 11:02

That was fantastic! Waiting for the final product! Cheers!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 15, 2016 11:23

Very nice. Will be a nice film I think. Sure he's a nice guy. On another note it was great to see/hear Keith speak. I never get bored of itsmiling smiley

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 15, 2016 13:30

Nice tribute! But why is 'Emotional Rescue' constantly playing in the background, it's a bit distracting, IMHO.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 15, 2016 13:43

Good stuff, good to see and hear the boys upclose again. Ronnie does not mean they dont Miss Bill. He means, i think, that Darryl is as good as Bill, and therefor, they dont miss Bill.
Jeroen

Date: March 15, 2016 13:54

corriecas
Good stuff, good to see and hear the boys upclose again. Ronnie does not mean they dont Miss Bill. He means, i think, that Darryl is as good as Bill, and therefor, they dont miss Bill.
Jeroen

That's what I took from Ronnie's comments. Plus he's hardly going to do the current stones lineup down.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 15, 2016 20:18

was that 'Emotional Rescue' I heard in the trailer, at some point..?

great example of Ronnie Wood playing bass..

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 15, 2016 20:28

Thanks.

Date: March 15, 2016 21:03

duke richardson
was that 'Emotional Rescue' I heard in the trailer, at some point..?

great example of Ronnie Wood playing bass..

This is the live Hyde Park version with Darryl on bass... But you're right, Ronnie played a great bass line on the original studio version...

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 15, 2016 21:05

^^all good, cant wait to see the film.

thanks for putting the trailer up. cool smiley

hope it gets on Netflix!

Date: March 15, 2016 22:57

How long is the documentary?

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: March 16, 2016 16:08

Thank you for posting and giving us the preview. It really looks interesting and I look forward to watching the entire documentary.

Date: March 16, 2016 16:26

Thanks! thumbs up

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2013
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home