Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
What's Stones' most overlooked or forgotten album?
Posted by: stonesncrowes ()
Date: August 1, 2011 09:18

I don't post here often but have been a member for years. I was just wondering what you guys would say is the band's most forgotten or overlooked album. I'm not talking about the most underrated or the worst album. I know Dirty Work gets a lot of heat here which is why I wouldn't say it's forgotten. In my opinion Emotional Rescue seems to get forgotten a lot. At least I forget about it a lot. As far as ER goes, I think it's ok but nothing great. So what would you guys have to say as far as what album you generally forget about the most (not which one you try to forget about i.e. Dirty Work) .

Re: What's Stones' most overlooked or forgotten album?
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 1, 2011 09:42

Rolling Stones No 2. Perhaps because there's nothing flash about it - just great solid r'n'b showing the group working as one hell of a tight little unit. And taking the world is just around the corner.

Date: August 1, 2011 10:23

Love You Live. Much better than its reputation, imo.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: August 1, 2011 10:27

Metamorphosis! Their best post-Exile album.

Posted by: Single Malt ()
Date: August 1, 2011 10:28

If you count in EP's as well, then Got LIVE if you want it! It's a kinda record I think is not mentioned many times in here or elsewhere. I love the record. It has a marvelous feeling and great versions of songs.

Date: August 1, 2011 10:31

Single Malt
If you count in EP's as well, then Got LIVE if you want it! It's a kinda record I think is not mentioned many times in here or elsewhere. I love the record. It has a marvelous feeling and great versions of songs.

Or Got Live If You Want It the album! Their most exciting official recording.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: August 1, 2011 10:51

Is Out of Our Heads overlooked? Not by me but I feel it is by many others. Or is it just that most visitors here seem to think that the great Stones era starts with BB or LIB?

Date: August 1, 2011 11:43

'Between the Buttons'. I say that it is the most overlooked because IMO the ratio between quality and overlooked-ness is the biggest.

One thing (and I even see it in this very thread) is that the pre Banquet Stones are overlooked very much on this board.

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: August 1, 2011 11:45

Got Live If You Want It.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 1, 2011 11:54

Sleepy City

Er, post-Exile is being rather economical with the truth Sleepy. But it's a wonderful album, full of songs that many groups would have killed for to have at their disposal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-01 11:54 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: August 1, 2011 15:00

"12x5", in Germany titled "Around and Around", many tracks from the Chess Studio recordings. Once the Stones were near to their roots ...

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 1, 2011 15:04

Silver Dagger
Sleepy City

Er, post-Exile is being rather economical with the truth Sleepy. But it's a wonderful album, full of songs that many groups would have killed for to have at their disposal.

Very true...and the album very revealing of how accomplished Mick & Keith quickly became at writing "pop songs".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-01 15:05 by Spud.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: August 1, 2011 15:34

Bigger Bang....They didn't even play a lot from that album when they when out on tour to support it...

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: August 1, 2011 15:35

Unfortunately, the next one.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 1, 2011 15:53

It's Only Rock 'n Roll

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 1, 2011 16:13

stonesncrowes
I don't post here often but have been a member for years. I was just wondering what you guys would say is the band's most forgotten or overlooked album. I'm not talking about the most underrated or the worst album. I know Dirty Work gets a lot of heat here which is why I wouldn't say it's forgotten. In my opinion Emotional Rescue seems to get forgotten a lot. At least I forget about it a lot. As far as ER goes, I think it's ok but nothing great. So what would you guys have to say as far as what album you generally forget about the most (not which one you try to forget about i.e. Dirty Work) .

I agree with you...this is the one I don't remember to play very often as well...........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-01 16:14 by EddieByword.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: August 1, 2011 16:21

Without thinking too long about it, first thing that comes to mind is "Stripped". It's an interesting, solid little record. I love the sound quality of it, and the song selection is nice.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 1, 2011 16:22

I'm with Silver Dagger on this one: Rolling Stones No. 2 is most certainly an overlooked record. Not ever having a full worldwide CD release hasn't helped. Along with their self-titled debut, its their biggest-selling LP here in the UK.

Date: August 1, 2011 17:16

Spud
Silver Dagger
Sleepy City

Very true...and the album very revealing of how accomplished Mick & Keith quickly became at writing "pop songs".

I was teasing of course, but I do think there's some wonderful pop songs on side one, & some worthy later outtakes on side two.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: August 1, 2011 17:40

I've Got My Own Album To Do by Ronnie Wood. great stones songs.

I Can Feel The Fire

Cancel Everything

Sure The One You Need

Mystifies Me

cool smileygrinning smiley

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 1, 2011 17:44

"Overlooked"
"Forgotten"

These labels doesn't make much sense. It's like "overrated" - who rated them?

If albums are forgotten, then they probably deserve it; in the homes of the people who forgot them.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 1, 2011 17:55

hot stuff
Bigger Bang....They didn't even play a lot from that album when they when out on tour to support it...

I wonder why...

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: August 1, 2011 18:33

Silver Dagger
Rolling Stones No 2. Perhaps because there's nothing flash about it - just great solid r'n'b showing the group working as one hell of a tight little unit. And taking the world is just around the corner.

I remember a list from Q magazine or the like of the 10 best sellers of the 60s. It was the best selling Stones album of the decade and on No. 10 or 9 amongst Beatles and CCR - records that had almost half a dozen singles on it. No.2 has only Off The Hook, b-side of Litle Red Rooster

Date: August 1, 2011 18:48

JJHMick
Silver Dagger

I remember a list from Q magazine or the like of the 10 best sellers of the 60s. It was the best selling Stones album of the decade and on No. 10 or 9 amongst Beatles and CCR - records that had almost half a dozen singles on it. No.2 has only Off The Hook, b-side of Litle Red Rooster

What Beatles album had almost half a dozen singles on it? Certainly not a UK one.

Posted by: nomis ()
Date: August 2, 2011 01:22

NICOS
It's Only Rock 'n Roll

I second this!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 2, 2011 01:29

Sleepy City
JJHMick
Silver Dagger

What Beatles album had almost half a dozen singles on it? Certainly not a UK one.

That was an 80's phenomenon. I think 'Come Together'/'Something' was the first Beatles single to be taken from an album that was already out. Usually, if a single was on an album, it was released BEFORE the album came out.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 2, 2011 01:30

stonesncrowes

Between the Buttons.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 2, 2011 01:35

Sleepy City
JJHMick
Silver Dagger

He meant the Blue and RED one....

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: August 2, 2011 01:35

Rolling Stones Now!

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: August 2, 2011 01:38

Made In The Shade.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2038
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home