Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: saw TESLA live last night
Date: February 20, 2016 19:50

3rd time i've seen them live in the last 15 years. always great. just came out in jeans and t shirts like always and played for 100 straight minutes. underrated band

Re: OT: saw TESLA live last night
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 20, 2016 22:41

Saw them couple times in the 80's when they opened for other bands, I think one was Alice Cooper. Love their 5 Man Acoustical Jam album, which was pretty much the first ever unplugged album. Great covers of We Can Work It Out, Signs, Lodi and Mothers Little Helper.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 20, 2016 23:07

I saw one on the Bayview extension yesterday. It was silver.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 20, 2016 23:25

My neighbor has a blue one.

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: February 20, 2016 23:29

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 20, 2016 23:32

Underrated band, although admittedly my phase with them has been over for awhile now. I'm young, so I discovered them about 10 years ago probably. Maybe a little less. And for a good 5 years my friends and I were huge fans. Saw them probably 5 times, went through all the albums, met them a few times. They're great.

Somewhere along the way, they almost got a little too childish for us. Which isn't the right word, but we just overloaded so much on them that I rarely listen to them nowadays. Love to still see what they're up to, and actually 2 years ago I caught them when I was in LA just for nostalgia and its still a great show. Their live show is great, but overall after we saw it like 3 times its essentially the same thing after that. My friend and I caught them when they did basically the Five Man Acoustical Jam 20th anniversary tour and it was great, and probably our farewell to them.

Great band though. Would never badmouth them, as they are still great performers and the songs still hold up. I just lost the love for them, but always remember it was strong for a significant amount of time. They put out an album a few years ago and I tried to get into it but it just did nothing for me. Sucks, cause I LOVED Forever More so I don't know what changed. I'd probably only see them again if Tommy came back, which isn't a knock to Dave Rude who is great, but would just be something I haven't seen yet.

Date: February 21, 2016 00:20

they actually did a mini acoustic set. they did "comin atcha live/truckin", "paradise", "thank you", "signs" and a short acoustic jam

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: February 21, 2016 02:00

I love Tesla

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 21, 2016 07:51

Both their live albums, Replugged Live and Five Man Acoustical Jam, are excellent by the way. Top tier live records, with the acoustic one being a unique gem (at the time before the MTV craze) and the electric one being a perfect representation of their live show with an amazing tracklist. Seriously underrated live albums that stand up with the best in rock IMO.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: February 23, 2016 21:25

Yes. One of the best bands from the 80's. Dwarfed by Guns and Roses their best records were sabatoged by Geffen as they poured everything into Sweet Child of Mine after Jungle's initial failure. The Tesla members are a close nit family that are capable of still making noise in music.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1705
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home