Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: URUGUAY America´s football Cup Champion
Posted by: varilla ()
Date: July 25, 2011 17:21

Uruguay, after a very good World Cup in Southafrica last year (4th place), won the America Cup yesterday for 15 th time in history, beating Paraguay in the final match by 3 - 0. Goals: Diego Forlan (2) and Luis Suarez who got to be the best player in the cup.
Uruguay is now the historic winner of this cup(15 times)with Argentina close with 14 and Brazil with 8.
The America cup is the most ancient official tournament in the world, having started in 1916.
In the way to the cup , Uruguay won the matches against Mexico, Peru, Argentina(the local team) and Paraguay in the final.

The final was held in the great River Plate stadium, who all of us Stones fans Know so well....

Re: OT: URUGUAY America´s football Cup Champion
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 25, 2011 17:37

Congratulations varilla. Great achievement

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: July 25, 2011 18:23

yes Uruguay is quite a good footbal team.
It seems that Argentina was disappointing during this championship.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 25, 2011 18:48

Congrats to Uruguay. They've proven themselves already during the last WC and now they did it again. What a great player Forlan is. Suarez as well, but he has some 'nasty habits'.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 25, 2011 18:50

Great team varilla. If they can build on this team they will a threat at the next World Cup.

Posted by: llargueras ()
Date: July 25, 2011 20:26

felicidades campeón

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 25, 2011 22:53

Gracias, Celeste!

Posted by: Rockandosis ()
Date: July 25, 2011 23:31

GLORIOSA CELESTE !!!
Breathe football in this country
Here is a picture of yesterday!
Glory Days!

Saludos Varilla! Genio!

www.fabiosilvera.blogspot.com

Date: July 26, 2011 05:44

Varilla and Rockandosis: have you read this?

[zeguto.blogspot.com]

I'm from Brazil, but my national football team is Uruguay for many reasons.

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: July 26, 2011 16:22

Cristiano! Great! Thank you very much, it´s really touching.
We are very proud of our national team.

Football for us is like the Stones for everyone in IORR

Date: July 26, 2011 19:30

varilla
Football for us is like the Stones for everyone in IORR

Yep, I know that. smiling smiley

That's one of the reasons for me to support Uruguay. And I can see the reason for you to be proud of your national team because I felt the same, even being a brazilian.

Aguante, Celeste!

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: July 26, 2011 20:22

A little OT but speaking of football, here in Argentina I'd say it lost what little credibility it had, since River Plate, one of the two biggest teams here was supposed to play in the Second Division this year it was decided to merge the Second and First divisions. So now the First division will have like 40 teams. An embarrasment.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 26, 2011 20:34

stones78
A little OT but speaking of football, here in Argentina I'd say it lost what little credibility it had, since River Plate, one of the two biggest teams here was supposed to play in the Second Division this year it was decided to merge the Second and First divisions. So now the First division will have like 40 teams. An embarrasment.

Hey, stones78 - apparently 'Kun' Aguero is signing for Man City, my team, tomorrow. How good do you think he'll be in the English Premiership?

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 26, 2011 20:47

I thought to start this same thread on Sunday night but wasn't at home! You did it perfectly varilla, thanks! I feel really good after reading all the IORR's comments!

Thanks also to the Brazilian friend! Really nice words to the Celeste!

Orgullo Celeste

Date: July 26, 2011 20:48

stones78

I'm reading about that, and it's really embarrassing. Here in Brazil we had a sort of it some years ago, but for now it seems that this is not going to happen again.

Date: July 26, 2011 20:51

Silver Dagger
stones78

Hey, stones78 - apparently 'Kun' Aguero is signing for Man City, my team, tomorrow. How good do you think he'll be in the English Premiership?

Hmmmm, sorry Mike i believe he won't be as good as Carlos Tevez or Diego Forlán, but it's just my humble opinion!

Date: July 26, 2011 20:59

stones78

I couldn't believe the news yesterday night!
Well with no offenses at all, as I'm Uruguayian but live in Argentina since I Am 5 years old and my wife and daughter are Argentinians. All I can say is: Uruguay has "Cachavacha" and Argentina is a "mamaracho", footbally speaking. LOL

Soy de San Lorenzo y cuando en el 81 nos fuimos a la B, nos la bancamos. Les ratifico el mote de "gallinas" a River Plate.

As you have said in your own words: an embarrasment.

Date: July 26, 2011 22:14

Quique-stone
Soy de San Lorenzo y cuando en el 81 nos fuimos a la B, nos la bancamos. Les ratifico el mote de "gallinas" a River Plate.

In Brazil my team is Grêmio, and when we've been to the B Series in 2005 we've returned to the A as champions, so I know what you're talking about. To do this as a privilege for a football team as River is something to be ashamed of.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: July 26, 2011 22:40

Beautiful country. Congratulations.

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: July 27, 2011 00:02

Quique-stone
stones78

Well with no offenses at all, as I'm Uruguayian but live in Argentina since I Am 5 years old and my wife and daughter are Argentinians. All I can say is: Uruguay has "Cachavacha" and Argentina is a "mamaracho", footbally speaking. LOL

Indeed, plus there's the government supporting this embarrasment to go once again against Clarin / TyC, taking them the TV rights for the Second Division (since there wont' be one) but let's not get political here.

Silver Dagger

I think he's a great player, but I don't see his style fitting with the Premier League. But who knows.

Date: July 27, 2011 00:49

stones78
Quique-stone
stones78

Indeed, plus there's the government supporting this embarrasment to go once again against Clarin / TyC, taking them the TV rights for the Second Division (since there wont' be one) but let's not get political here.

Silver Dagger

I think he's a great player, but I don't see his style fitting with the Premier League. But who knows.

I agree 100% with your way of thinking Stones78!

Posted by: ab ()
Date: July 28, 2011 07:41

Well done, but it's only soccer! winking smiley

Hell, you'd think Uraguay won the Super Bowl! drinking smiley

Date: July 28, 2011 17:10

It's only football (But We like it)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2063
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home