Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ronnie on BBC Jan. 12
Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: January 12, 2016 16:51

Ronnie was just on BBC, talking snooker and Bowie and other things.

He says they start rehearsing for the tour on Saturday. I recorded the audio if anyone cares.

[we.tl]

This is my first time using wetransfer so I hope it works.

Re: Ronnie on BBC Jan. 12
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 12, 2016 17:08

thanks
jeroen

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: January 12, 2016 17:44

It works fine...thanks !

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: January 12, 2016 18:41

Thank you! Glad you've posted this here! thumbs up

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: January 12, 2016 18:43

Ronnie played on Bowie's version of Growin' Up, the Springsteen tune.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 12, 2016 18:53

i was wondering when they would begin to rehearse for Ole tour

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: January 12, 2016 19:01

Thanks.thumbs up

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: January 12, 2016 19:05

Works great and thanks so much for posting.

Looks like it's not gonna be in London as he says 'will be going away'.

I hope they do rehearse in Chile but you just never know with The Stones. They have their favourite places I guess. thumbs up

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 12, 2016 19:40

I was told recently that the rehearsals will be in Chile and that the stones will be starting them in the middle of January.
My source for this information is the best you can get.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: January 12, 2016 20:14

The Stones booked the XXXXX Hotel in Chile since January 30, so the rehearsals will not happen in Chile...

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: January 12, 2016 20:48

they'll probably start rehearsing in a similar timezone to burn off the jet lag - allowing for their shift to late starts and late finishes that maybe means Miami or the Caribbean

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 12, 2016 20:56

rogerriffin
The Stones booked the XXXXX Hotel in Chile since January 30, so the rehearsals will not happen in Chile...

They may be staying somewhere else for the rehearsals.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: January 13, 2016 05:35

Nate
I was told recently that the rehearsals will be in Chile and that the stones will be starting them in the middle of January.

Nate thumbs up

Greetings Nate. Thanks for keeping us up to speed.

Tell us what you know about the new album ...

Did they work on the new album after the holidays or do any writing after Christmas?

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: January 13, 2016 05:40

IanBillen
Nate

Nate thumbs up

Greetings Nate. Thanks for keeping us up to speed.

Tell us what you know about the new album ...

Did they work on the new album after the holidays or do any writing after Christmas?

Yes, Greetings Nate. I'm sure starting that David Bowie post took some backbone.

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: January 13, 2016 05:46

Thanks for this.

But just to clarify: he didn't say they start rehearsals on Saturday. He said he's going away on Saturday to start rehearsals. That means he's flying to the rehearsal destination on Saturday.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: January 13, 2016 11:38

You can watch the interview here ;

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: January 13, 2016 11:57

I just had this vision of Ronnie wood putting a band together touring as the Rolling Stones 20 years from now, he is the youngest one after all and full of energy. I can almost see the first tour where he takes on lead vocal responsibility now. He would do a great JJF.

Posted by: AlanPartridge ()
Date: January 13, 2016 12:57

Turner68
I just had this vision of Ronnie wood putting a band together touring as the Rolling Stones 20 years from now, he is the youngest one after all and full of energy. I can almost see the first tour where he takes on lead vocal responsibility now. He would do a great JJF.

When he's 88?

Date: January 13, 2016 13:01

Nate

Nate thumbs up

Ronnie probably means pre-reharsals, like they did in that basement in London before the Zip Code tour.

Date: January 13, 2016 14:48

Ronnie sure looks good and is full of energy.
Jeroen

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: January 14, 2016 19:29

Thanks for recording and sharing! thumbs up

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 14, 2016 20:41

DandelionPowderman
Nate

Nate thumbs up

Ronnie probably means pre-reharsals, like they did in that basement in London before the Zip Code tour.

Pre-rehearsals... you mean getting together and not rehearsing? HA HA HA HA! You either rehearse or you play shows!

Date: January 15, 2016 00:54

GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman
Nate

Nate thumbs up

Pre-rehearsals... you mean getting together and not rehearsing? HA HA HA HA! You either rehearse or you play shows!

Like I said, they went to the pub..

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: January 15, 2016 01:20

Nate

Nate thumbs up

Nate, any news from your good source about the recording sessions - promising tracks in the can?

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: January 15, 2016 09:12

How crazy cool would it be if they played a brand new, never before heard in public song, which they recently created for the new album, at the shows in SA?

And yes, Si, I understand how Sir Mike feels about losing the audience to lessor known songs.. but still... How crazy cool would it be if they played a brand new, never before heard in public song, which they recently created for the new album, at the shows in SA?

If/when they did this true fans would go ballistic (both at the shows and worldwide) and casual fans at the shows could get a beer or something

Date: January 15, 2016 09:20

Not heard for over 20+ years from Mick at a Stones concert...
"Now here is a new song from our upcoming album"

Date: January 15, 2016 15:47

everwest1
How crazy cool would it be if they played a brand new, never before heard in public song, which they recently created for the new album, at the shows in SA?

And yes, Si, I understand how Sir Mike feels about losing the audience to lessor known songs.. but still... How crazy cool would it be if they played a brand new, never before heard in public song, which they recently created for the new album, at the shows in SA?

If/when they did this true fans would go ballistic (both at the shows and worldwide) and casual fans at the shows could get a beer or something

everwest1: we don't use to get a beer or something else during a show, I haven't seen anybody leaving the field or the tribune during a song.

Date: January 15, 2016 18:09

Quique-stone
everwest1

everwest1: we don't use to get a beer or something else during a show, I haven't seen anybody leaving the field or the tribune during a song.

This is great to hear Quique-stone, I know some places/people do it for Keef songs and slower numbers, but I never do, and I wouldn't advise it on on this tour because I have this feeling that they are going to bust out a brand song on/for this tour and it would be a a shame to miss it.

They might not and I understand why not... but they are. They are going to play a new one because the stars seem aligned, the stories of them being in the studio working on an album, which some say be coming out soon, and if Mike feels like he has a good one (or three) and I bet he does, then he... well... who knows? We will see SOON!! VERY SOON!! JUST 19 MORE DAYS UNTIL STONESMAS 2016!!

Date: January 15, 2016 18:28

GetYerAngie
Nate

Nate thumbs up

Nate, any news from your good source about the recording sessions - promising tracks in the can?

hahahahahahhahahahaaah
Jeroen

Date: January 15, 2016 19:35

everwest1
Quique-stone
everwest1

This is great to hear Quique-stone, I know some places/people do it for Keef songs and slower numbers, but I never do, and I wouldn't advise it on on this tour because I have this feeling that they are going to bust out a brand song on/for this tour and it would be a a shame to miss it.

They might not and I understand why not... but they are. They are going to play a new one because the stars seem aligned, the stories of them being in the studio working on an album, which some say be coming out soon, and if Mike feels like he has a good one (or three) and I bet he does, then he... well... who knows? We will see SOON!! VERY SOON!! JUST 19 MORE DAYS UNTIL STONESMAS 2016!!

We use the slow numbers to calm down just a bit, use our lights, enjoy the melody and sing meanwhile we rest our legs for some minutes to start jumping again with new forces when the rock continues.

I also have the hope and feeling that a new song will be played. Cetainly Argentina deserves that! As you said we will see it very soon! Fingers crossed here! thumbs up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1796
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home