Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Being Mick
Posted by: DeeGee ()
Date: November 13, 2015 12:26

Hi guys,

does anybody have a copy of Being Mick he'd like to share with me
via wetransfer?

please via mail to dg(AT)gelmini(DOT)de

Thanks in advance !!

Florian

Re: Being Mick
Posted by: Greg ()
Date: November 13, 2015 12:30

I remember this doc primarily as a show off of Micks busy jetset life and his excellent but not entirely accent-free French.. Am I right?

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Posted by: DeeGee ()
Date: November 13, 2015 12:48

thats what I intended t ofind out winking smiley

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: November 13, 2015 21:37

It's on Youtube.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: November 13, 2015 22:05

Greg
I remember this doc primarily as a show off of Micks busy jetset life and his excellent but not entirely accent-free French.. Am I right?

You're right! smiling smiley Charmed Life extravaganza.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: November 14, 2015 03:24

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: November 14, 2015 03:53

Bliss
It's on Youtube.

Bliss could you post a link please? I can't sleep. Thank youconfused smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 14, 2015 04:24

[www.youtube.com]

Date: November 14, 2015 06:07

To the OP, you've got mail. smiling smiley And for future reference, this seems to be for the Buy/Sell/Trade section. Welcome back!

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: November 14, 2015 10:35

Thanks Nicos, women really love him and are attracted to him like butterflies to the most shiny flower in the field, but then he is really cute!>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: November 14, 2015 11:02

The DVD has lots that the TV broadcast didn't. A longer movie, but also in-media-res extras and other things. My favorite extra is Mick's super-cute, nervous make-up girl asking Mick for a photo with him at the Sundance Film Festival.

Posted by: Moonshine ()
Date: November 14, 2015 17:36

Mostly cringeworthy and it didn't exactly help sales

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: December 13, 2015 02:21

Mick is so relaxed at Elton's party, so relaxed in his skin, not at all intimidated by all those celebrities in the garden. Mick just loves that he is the biggest star of them all. Gotta love kate Winslet too

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: December 13, 2015 02:28

DeeGee
Hi guys,

does anybody have a copy of Being Mick he'd like to share with me
via wetransfer?

please via mail to dg(AT)gelmini(DOT)de

Thanks in advance !!

Florian

Bummer. I threw my copy out after I watched it. Best of luck in your hunt though!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 13, 2015 02:38

This documentary actually shows Sir Tax-Dodger in full flow...

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: December 13, 2015 02:39

Greg

No, you are wrong. The best voice/language imitations by Mick in this doc are the voice of an englisch second worldwar reporter ("Gave @#$%& a Biff...") and his English with a German accent while leaving a private plane.
I liked Being Mick, but it's too fragmented. I also remember Mick playing piano and singing HICKORY WIND (also very short footage) at Leny Kravitz house.
The meeting and recording Bono is the worst part of it all...

edit: Gave Adolf thumbs down a Biff...
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........CocksuckerBlues by @#$%&.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-13 02:41 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: December 13, 2015 03:10

I do recall NEWSWEEK's reviewer saying in an album review that the song God Gave Me Everything reminded him of an exchange in the movie Broadcast News where William Hurt says, "What do you do when your real life exceeds your dreams?" and Albert Brooks says, "Keep it to yourself."

The subtitle of Being Mick was similarly immodest: "Being Mick: You Would if You Could." I think the DVD might have sold better without that subtitle!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 13, 2015 03:23

It wasn't that great overall but if you're a fan of Mick it's in the must watch category. The joke he makes in the airplane about the German lady asking for his passport is worth the price of admission. I thought it was hilarious and a brief glimpse of his humorous side.

And although I thought Under The Influence was a good film, I'd love to have seen a less staged, more revealing "Being Keith" documentary. Somebody following him around for a couple weeks to see what really makes him tick.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: December 13, 2015 04:36

I like it.
The moments he is on the piano are very good.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: December 13, 2015 05:10

Naturalust
It wasn't that great overall but if you're a fan of Mick it's in the must watch category. The joke he makes in the airplane about the German lady asking for his passport is worth the price of admission. I thought it was hilarious and a brief glimpse of his humorous side.

And although I thought Under The Influence was a good film, I'd love to have seen a less staged, more revealing "Being Keith" documentary. Somebody following him around for a couple weeks to see what really makes him tick.

I agree that Under the Influence was highly staged. It was a documentary, not a reality show.

Do you feel that "being mick" showed us what really makes mick tick?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 13, 2015 05:51

Turner68

Do you feel that "being mick" showed us what really makes mick tick?

Hell no, Mick was aware of the camera every minute. smoking smiley It did however show him in some settings and interactions we rarely get to see which was pretty cool. Besides I think by now we actually kind of know what makes Mick tick, judge a man by his actions. For Mick it seems success and money, adoration , health, keeping productively engaged, women and popular music (and his own) seem to be the driving factors. No so different that many of us actually, perhaps a bit more guarded. I actually think after L'Wren death he might be a bit more focused on friends and family (and The Stones) than before but that is pure speculation on my part.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2003
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home