Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ronnie Wood wins two more radio awards
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 8, 2011 14:13

Take a look at the guy now, a seasoned radio show host. At this rate and with no Stones tours on the horizon it can't be long before Ronnie gets a prime drivetime slot on BBC Radio 2.

[www.nme.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-08 15:22 by Silver Dagger.

Re: Ronnie Wood wins two radio awards
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 8, 2011 14:37

Another 2 to add to the one he got about a week ago.Good on yer Ronnie. smileys with beer

Re: Ronnie Wood wins two more radio awards
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 8, 2011 16:17

who doesn't like (cash) inflow?

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: July 8, 2011 19:21

Ronnie Wood misses radio award for a cigarette
Rolling Stones man nipped out for a badly timed fag break at the Arqiva Commercial Radio Awards.

The 64-year-old guitarist, famed for his rock and roll lifestyle, was outside when he was named the winner of the Best Newcomer prize at the awards bash in central London on Wednesday evening.
When he returned to his table, Wood reportedly asked: "What have I missed, guys?"
Wood should have been picking up the second gong of the night for his Saturday evening show on Absolute Radio, having earlier won the Programme of the Year prize.
His Absolute Radio colleague Christian O'Connell took the stage to present the award, but was left bemused by the star's absence:
"As I looked out from the stage all I could see were lots of worried producers talking into their mobile phones, desperately trying to get hold of him. They said he'd disappeared from the table and nobody had any idea where he was.
"To be fair, Ronnie's a Rolling Stone, they should have chained him to the table the minute he arrived," O'Connell added.
Organisers hastily arranged for Wood to be handed the award later in the evening.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 8, 2011 19:55

go Ronnie!

i love the Rolling Stones

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 8, 2011 22:36

Not such good news for Ronnie's son Tyrone who has, according to UK's The Sun, and a few other papers, been beaten up with a baseball bat.

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 9, 2011 00:00

Rock on, Ronnie!! For good measure, here's the link to Green Lady's earlier post containing another article about the awards:

[www.iorr.org]

Speedy recovery to Tyrone.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2030
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home