Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - any Rory fans here?
Posted by: NoPanic ()
Date: October 23, 2015 22:38

What a great great musician. Got plans to go to the Rory Festival in Ballyshannon next summer.Anyone been there in the past? It's a shame I've never seen him live.

Re: OT - any Rory fans here?
Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: October 23, 2015 22:53

Oops... Wrong Rory... I was thinking of Rory BLOCK instead of GALLAGHER. Although I prefer Block, Gallagher's something pretty special too!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: October 24, 2015 00:20

Rory McIlroy is a fantastic golfer.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 24, 2015 01:16

Rory Gallagher is ace!

But I like Rory the Dinosaur, too. grinning smiley

Posted by: gallagher ()
Date: October 24, 2015 08:27

Rory and Keith were the main reasons I picked up a guitar. I love the heart and soul he would put in his performances, he would give it all every time. He never wanted to be popular or score a number one hit. He just wanted to play his music and didn't care about the commercial media circus about it. Never seen him live unfortunately.

Posted by: Tops ()
Date: October 24, 2015 08:58

I do like Raury. Great debut album called "All We Need".

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: October 24, 2015 09:13

Rory Gallagher was good player and a gentleman, yet I believe that he was not a great singer.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 24, 2015 09:48

Rory Russell was a great professional surfer back in the '70's!

And yes - a fan of Rory Gallagher! thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-24 09:48 by Hairball.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 24, 2015 11:40

Rory Calhoun .......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 24, 2015 13:09

Rory Gallagher and The Rolling Stones Rotterdam 1975.
Great album.

Posted by: HonkyTonkJan ()
Date: October 24, 2015 14:55

I had the pleasure of seeing Rory Gallagher live in Edinburgh way back when I was a lad, and it was a fantastic experience. Raw, noisy rock n roll with Rory doing a Berry-style duck-walk on stage with his trademark check shirt. An accoustic interlude with a great version of "Out on the Western Plain", and a very noisy, enthusiastic Scottish crowd.

Listening to some of Rory's live tracks now, there is a feeling that some of the guitar solos do go on a bit, but the studio versions are great examples of bluesy, melodic, rock music. And I think he had a great voice for the type of music he played. "Big Guns- The Very Best of Rory Gallagher" is a great starting place.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: October 24, 2015 15:37

My brother loved his Japanese following and I consider that many of the concerts Rory and his band performed there were amongst his best.
In January 1975, in favour of staying on in Rotterdam, Holland, recording with the Rolling Stones,
Rory chose not to let his fans down by canceling his Japanese tour, such was the respect he had for the culture of your beautiful Country.

To know that you have gathered in Tokyo to support the music and legacy that Rory left for us all to enjoy,
is a great honour and comfort for the Gallagher family and we thank you for doing so.

Please remember Rory's piano player Lou Martin also.

'Cruise on out'

Dónal Gallagher

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: October 24, 2015 15:43

Cristiano Radtke
Rory Gallagher is ace!

thumbs up

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: October 25, 2015 00:19

Saw him and his band lots of times during the 70.s at Festivals around the UK, he was so raw and magical, loved him. First saw him at a small club in early 70's, when he finished he came to the bar and drank with all his fans, such a shame he was addicted to alcohol.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 25, 2015 02:21

Toru A
My brother loved his Japanese following and I consider that many of the concerts Rory and his band performed there were amongst his best.
In January 1975, in favour of staying on in Rotterdam, Holland, recording with the Rolling Stones,
Rory chose not to let his fans down by canceling his Japanese tour, such was the respect he had for the culture of your beautiful Country.

To know that you have gathered in Tokyo to support the music and legacy that Rory left for us all to enjoy,
is a great honour and comfort for the Gallagher family and we thank you for doing so.

Please remember Rory's piano player Lou Martin also.

'Cruise on out'

Dónal Gallagher

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upsmileys with beerthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Pffff... no words... Rory is in my top 10 for some 40 years!

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: October 25, 2015 11:06

Even though he left the Stones session to go to Japan he would not have made a Stone, too much of an indivisual to be a second guitarist. He was better off doing what he did and doing his own music. He comes very high up as my favourite guitarist and band along with The Stones, Pink Floyd, Zepplin and The Beatles.

Posted by: herecomesrichard ()
Date: October 25, 2015 11:47

I have his autograph somewhere. If anyone wants it and is prepared to send me the cost of P&P it's theirs.

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: October 25, 2015 15:56

Speaking of autographs... he was one of the few musicians who came to my hometown, Novi Sad (then in 1985 still part of Yugoslavia, today Serbia). Most of the bands visited just our capital, Belgrade.
Sadly I was only 7, but my friend Zikica (or "Zeketsr" as Rory wrote it, long story) was 17 and went of course and after the gig scored an autograph from Rory and band members (Mark Feltham, Brendan O'Neill, Gerry McAvoy).

Novi Sad, 18 january 1985.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-25 16:52 by Milan.

Date: October 25, 2015 19:10

herecomesrichard
I have his autograph somewhere. If anyone wants it and is prepared to send me the cost of P&P it's theirs.

How did you got it? By him personally? Sign me up for it if you want winking smiley

Posted by: herecomesrichard ()
Date: October 25, 2015 19:13

My ex wife got it at an event celebrating the Stratocaster. It's in a booklet along with Hank Marvin. Email me your details and we'll sort it out.

Date: October 25, 2015 19:43

herecomesrichard
My ex wife got it at an event celebrating the Stratocaster. It's in a booklet along with Hank Marvin. Email me your details and we'll sort it out.

Do you have any idea which time period it was? your mail is hidden, but mine is b.vandengoor@hotmail.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1940
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home