Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Robert A Johnson
Posted by: Turner ()
Date: July 7, 2011 02:52

I read the following on Amazon, anyone know more about the circumstances?? I cannot imagine this guy playing lead for the 70's Stones

Having auditioned for the slot made vacant by Mick Taylor, ROBERT JOHNSON at the age of 23 was in his opinion too young and too American to join The Rolling Stones. In 1974 he secured the lead guitar slot in the Who bass players JOHN ENTWISTLE'S OX where he stayed for the next three years. In 1978 the world was finally exposed to ROBERT JOHNSON solo artist whose two albums were released in UK on the Ensign Label (bonus album ""The Memphis Dmos"" was released in 1980).He toured in support of ""Close Personal Friend"" opening for amongst others The POLICE and The KNACK but ""bad vibes and bad management"" doomed his band and albums to a premature fate. Crank up loud and enjoy.

Amazon

Re: Robert A Johnson
Posted by: batonrouge75 ()
Date: July 7, 2011 05:51

Turner
I read the following on Amazon, anyone know more about the circumstances?? I cannot imagine this guy playing lead for the 70's Stones

Having auditioned for the slot made vacant by Mick Taylor, ROBERT JOHNSON at the age of 23 was in his opinion too young and too American to join The Rolling Stones. In 1974 he secured the lead guitar slot in the Who bass players JOHN ENTWISTLE'S OX where he stayed for the next three years. In 1978 the world was finally exposed to ROBERT JOHNSON solo artist whose two albums were released in UK on the Ensign Label (bonus album ""The Memphis Dmos"" was released in 1980).He toured in support of ""Close Personal Friend"" opening for amongst others The POLICE and The KNACK but ""bad vibes and bad management"" doomed his band and albums to a premature fate. Crank up loud and enjoy.

Amazon

Geez! I thought you were talking about the original Robert Johnson.

Date: July 7, 2011 07:16

well he would have been past 60 years old in 1970

Date: July 7, 2011 18:32

it appears the Ensign Label is now defunct

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: July 7, 2011 18:44

I remember him -- came out at the height of the "New Wave". Kinda doing the early Joe Jackson/Elvis Costello skinny tie thing to the best of my recollection.

Date: July 8, 2011 02:47

that's the interesting thing to me - the boys found new wave but not until 1978; Black and Blue could have easily been a lot less lazy sounding

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1827
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home