Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Totally OT: Metallica Machine Music
Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: July 5, 2011 02:47

(checks calendar)

Nope, it's not April 1.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Re: Totally OT: Metallica Machine Music
Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: July 5, 2011 04:53

Should be interesting. I've followed Lou almost as long as I've been a Stones fan. He's taken a few wrong turns in the last couple of years (his meditation music and The Raven, for instance) IMO, but you have to give him a lot of credit for expanding his oeuvre, and working with other people. Maybe his marriage to Laurie Anderson has lead him down a more avant-garde path. Whatever the cause, it's nice to see somebody who doesn't need to top himself, doing new things and developing his art.

It would be nice if our favorite band would likewise try some artistic gambles. Throw the dice guys!

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: July 5, 2011 05:56

Lou does an interesting version of "Peggy Sue" on that new Buddy Holly tribute disk btw. I guess I'm the only person that likes THE RAVEN.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: July 5, 2011 20:33

Was on Metallica.com for weeks
Strange and exciting news

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: July 5, 2011 23:21

Glam Descendant
Lou does an interesting version of "Peggy Sue" on that new Buddy Holly tribute disk btw. I guess I'm the only person that likes THE RAVEN.

No, you're not. I think it's very good. Highly underrated. Had he released it in 1993 instead of 2003, it would probably have had a much warmer critical reception. That said, it's a sharp drop from his previous album, Ecstasy, which is a masterpiece.

The Metallica collaboration won't be boring. That's for sure.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: July 6, 2011 17:52

I read a recent interview with Lou where he said that the upcoming album with Metallica is one of the best things made by anyone ever. Lou is apparently still convinced of his utter brilliance.

Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: July 6, 2011 18:17

Glam Descendant
(checks calendar)

Nope, it's not April 1.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Mind you, Lou's started other "unlikely" collaborations before, like co-writing Kiss' "Music from The Elder".

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: July 10, 2011 11:14

Really looking forward to this. And Lou is brilliant.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 10, 2011 17:36

The Met guys should hire Reed as a permanent singer and Hetfield (whose voice is completely shot these days) should concentrate on the rythmn guitar.

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: July 10, 2011 23:46

dcba
The Met guys should hire Reed as a permanent singer and Hetfield (whose voice is completely shot these days) should concentrate on the rythmn guitar.

Have you heard Lou Reed sing lately ?!?

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: July 11, 2011 02:19

Duane in Houston
dcba

Have you heard Lou Reed sing lately ?!?

Yeah, I did. Last Monday. In London. Terrible gig. He looked frail, barely played his guitar at all (he had two guitarists in his band), and had a whopping great belly on him. A complete contrast to three years before, when I saw him doing Berlin at the Royal Albert Hall - he looked good, his voice was a little lower, but pretty much intact. He's going to be 70 year. I hope he doesn't tour again. It was a sad sight. And a worse sound.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1574
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home