Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

DVD Buenos Aires 2006 - officially available in France
Posted by: phd ()
Date: July 4, 2011 19:30

For French people, just to let know that as of today there is a DVD of the 2006 BA show available at FNAC store ( maybe also in Virgin, Carrefour stores ) at Euros 9.99

Just ordered it.

Re: DVD Buenos Aires 2006 - officially available in France
Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: July 4, 2011 19:51

I'm in Buenos aires now, thought I'd stake out my place in line....gonna be a long wait.

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: July 4, 2011 22:28

[video.fnac.com]

Do you mean this?

Date: July 6, 2011 16:07

Yes, that's the one. It's directly captured from a live TV show my little brother told me. Apparently, he already had it from I don't know where. It contains 17 songs.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: July 6, 2011 16:42

phd
Some time ago I saw in FNAC in Lisbon

Buenos Aires 2006
Saitama 2006
Tokyo 1990
Tokyo 1995
New Jersey 1994
Atlantic city 1989

Mick at Webster Hall 1993
Keith in Boston 1993

Some of them were WOW, the others from some strange Woodstock Records. I found the same batch later in Barcelona and Madrid. Guess they are all over Europe these days.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-06 19:37 by ironbelly.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: July 6, 2011 18:37

This dvd is a bootleg.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 6, 2011 19:32

Date: July 6, 2011 19:49

That's exactly those songs. I am surprised to get a bootleg from an official and "respectable" store. € 9.99 is not very expensive for this, I assume. I'm happy to have nearly a full show from that fantastic crowd.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: July 7, 2011 10:57

on this show, I like Ronnie's solo on Tumbling Dice and Midnight Rambler and especially the intro for there is a wonderful complicity between Mick and Keith... and then of course Keith's riff with a great sound...just brilliant...Mick on Harmonica is one of his best performances.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: July 7, 2011 12:10

Are we sure that these are truly "illegal"?

There are too many of them around!

Since they were all PPV shows, probably the original agreement included also this market (maybe under a pile of "subject to ..."). If so, I expect quite a few surprises to arrive!

C

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: July 7, 2011 12:24

I'm sure it's perfectly legal...no doubt !

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: July 7, 2011 12:43

They are all over the place. Many of these bootlegs look so "professional" that they can hardly be distinguished from legal DVDs. In Amsterdam you find them also in record stores. In Madrid I found illegal copies of Gimme Shelter right in the bin with legal DVDs...
It's fine to buy this as long as you don't pay a lot. Remember you can always download them somewhere.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: July 7, 2011 12:49

fnac is quite surprising these days
they do not sell enough cd, so they sell tshirst and crazy stones or justin b. merchandising side by side ...
they sold stones picture disc "made in russia" .... and these lives (cd and dvd) which look likes very much like boots
you can find Radiohead, U2, Neil Young ...
it ain't what it used to be, me think

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: July 7, 2011 13:32

Whale

As a matter of fact I bought Terrifying (Atlantic City 1989) and New Jersey 1994 for a present for a friend of mine who is a Rolling Stones newbie. You now, nicely pressed DVD in factory sealed box cool smiley

Terrifying is a copy of Jointrip 15th anniversary edition without menu and with a 'black box' places over "Complied by Jointrip" logo at the beginning of each song.

New Jersey is a copy of "Tour Souvenir" without menu and that motel-groupie-roadie sketch in the beginning.

And yes, you can download that stuff for free winking smiley On the other hand those DVDs are nice souvenirs.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 7, 2011 14:21

It's available in Sweden too for approx 15 Euro (139 SEK): [www.ginza.se] And Biggest Bang is up for 10 Euro (99 SEK) now! [www.ginza.se]

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: July 7, 2011 17:23

It´s very normal big store sell bootlegs. They don´t know the dvd is bootleg. They don´t understand anything about this.

Saraiva MegaStore, Brazil:

Very bad editions

Vood Lounge New Jersey quith cover from ABB
[www.livrariasaraiva.com.br]
n
Knebworth festival 1976 with a picture of the sixities. and the cover say vinena 1970.
[www.livrariasaraiva.com.br]

There are a lot of other exemples.

Date: July 7, 2011 19:17

jpasc95
on this show, I like Ronnie's solo on Tumbling Dice and Midnight Rambler and especially the intro for there is a wonderful complicity between Mick and Keith... and then of course Keith's riff with a great sound...just brilliant...Mick on Harmonica is one of his best performances.

I do fully agree with you. I ain't Ronnie's fan but must admit he is not bad on TD. But the best player is the crowd chanting along with Mick.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1782
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home