Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT best youtube recorder
Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: July 3, 2011 21:04

I know searching google produces a trillion links to youtube recorders, but can someone save me the hassle and recommend me a good un.
thanks!

Re: OT best youtube recorder
Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: July 3, 2011 21:15

I use "YouTube Downloader", clever name, huh? It's simple, free, and it gives you the option to re-encode the video into several formats. Here's a link: [youtubedownloader.com]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 4, 2011 00:31

Safari has a built-in gizmo that allows you to DL the vids in either .flv or .mpg format. You cannot find simpler than this.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 4, 2011 01:07

I'm usually to lazy to care about downloading, but can you download Youtube clips to a disc and pop it into your regular DVD? With decent quality?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 4, 2011 03:06

dcba
Safari has a built-in gizmo that allows you to DL the vids in either .flv or .mpg format. You cannot find simpler than this.

Yep, use Safari and download the clip from the activity window.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: July 4, 2011 03:24

I use RealPlayer and it's excellent!

Okay, you must have RealPlayer Plus upgrade, but given the sheer amount of stuff I've downloaded from YouTube it was worth every cent ('twas 29 Euro or so, one off)

Couldn't be easier!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 4, 2011 14:30

For PC I'd recommend Freemake Video Downloader and Converter.

[www.freemake.com]

>>I'm usually to lazy to care about downloading, but can you download Youtube clips to a disc and pop it into your regular DVD? With decent quality?<<

it does exactly that and many other things, like extracting the sound of a clip into mp3....and more.

...and it don't cost a penny.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 4, 2011 14:34

open-g
For PC I'd recommend Freemake Video Downloader and Converter.

[www.freemake.com]

>>I'm usually to lazy to care about downloading, but can you download Youtube clips to a disc and pop it into your regular DVD? With decent quality?<<

it does exactly that and many other things, like extracting the sound of a clip into mp3....and more.

...and it don't cost a penny.

Well, I'd be damned, dude!

I was about to start a "What happened to open-g thread." Where ya been ?

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 4, 2011 14:51

>>Well, I'd be damned, dude!

I was about to start a "What happened to open-g thread." Where ya been ?<<

no worries, I've been ghosting this board but had nothing to say.
if I had responded it would have consisted out of a lot of these: eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 4, 2011 14:56

open-g
if I had responded it would have consisted out of a lot of these: eye rolling smiley

Yeah, I understand.

Glad to see you're still around! thumbs up

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: July 15, 2011 18:01

Can anyone recommend software to download the video below? I've tried all the usual programmes (included those listed above) but it seems to have some sort of copy-protection or something...

(Usually I have no problems downloading from YouTube & similar sites) confused smiley

Date: July 15, 2011 19:49

try orbit, then once opened click on tools / grab++ and try thay ? Good luck !
[www.orbitdownloader.com]

Date: July 15, 2011 20:02

dishevelmentblues
try orbit, then once opened click on tools / grab++ and try thay ? Good luck !
[www.orbitdownloader.com]

Thanks, but unfortunately I only got the advert at the beginning (which is at least more than I got with most other programmes)... sad smiley

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: July 15, 2011 22:24

Why don't you just go to the cache folder from your browser, search out the most recent big file which for sure is the video you just downloaded, copy it to the directory you want it to be in and rename it to *.flv ?
This is the manual way with which you don't need to worry about any additional software.

I cannot help with how to get these files to play from a DVD though.

Date: July 15, 2011 22:57

billwebster
Why don't you just go to the cache folder from your browser, search out the most recent big file which for sure is the video you just downloaded, copy it to the directory you want it to be in and rename it to *.flv ?
This is the manual way with which you don't need to worry about any additional software.

I don't know how to do that (& the instructions I've just found on google don't seem to work). sad smiley

billwebster
I cannot help with how to get these files to play from a DVD though.

I can easily convert to DVD format...once I download the damn things.

Date: July 16, 2011 18:06

billwebster

A friend (that knows what he's doing) tried this, but there's nothing there for that particular video.

Anyone have any other ideas? Again, it's the video below that I'm struggling with (I have NO problems downloading any other videos from YouTube & similar sources!).

Thank you...

Date: July 17, 2011 20:57

I use two programs. WMRecorder and Factory Format. Both recommended by IORR posters on a previous thread. FF is free, WMR is not. I have found that anything streamed at less than 720i will show up as grainy and pixelated when replayed on a wide screen TV. I burned the Jeff Beck/Rod Stewart footage from the EL Rey on YouTube and it turned out darn good. Remember, YouTube video is highly compressed. The higher the streaming rate, 720i to 1020iHD, the better the video/audio quality. Hope this helps.

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

Date: July 18, 2011 12:33

[email protected]
I use two programs. WMRecorder and Factory Format. Both recommended by IORR posters on a previous thread. FF is free, WMR is not. I have found that anything streamed at less than 720i will show up as grainy and pixelated when replayed on a wide screen TV. I burned the Jeff Beck/Rod Stewart footage from the EL Rey on YouTube and it turned out darn good. Remember, YouTube video is highly compressed. The higher the streaming rate, 720i to 1020iHD, the better the video/audio quality. Hope this helps.

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

If you already have this can you try to download the video above? I've been recommended over half a dozen different programmes & none of them have worked so far, so I'd like to know for certain before installing more stuff...

Thank you.

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: July 18, 2011 13:22

Sleepy City
[email protected]

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

If you already have this can you try to download the video above? I've been recommended over half a dozen different programmes & none of them have worked so far, so I'd like to know for certain before installing more stuff...

Thank you.

Sleepy, I tried myself with a couple of different things. Video Download Helper, and the Freemake program mentioned above. I also tried the cache folder trick, which didn't work either.

The Download Helper is a Firefox add-on which puts an icon in your toolbar that becomes animated whenever something downloadable is on your screen. Anytime that happens, as far as youtube goes, I've also been able to get it by way of the cache. With your video, the icon doesn't become animated, it doesn't show up in the cache, and YouTube Downloader and other such programs also won't work. There's something about that video, some copyright protection and/or some difference in format, that makes it unable to download.

Apparently there are programs out there that bypass the whole download thing, and just record video while it's running on your screen. Not as a download, they record the video in live time as it plays, like using a tape recorder to record a radio or record player. I'm not familiar with any except for an image program called Capture Wiz, but I haven't had much luck with it as a video recorder. Every time I've tried it the video comes out all choppy and jumpy. Supposedly it can record a nice, smooth playing video, but I've yet to figure out how. You might want to try Googling these to see what's out there, but you will likely have to pay (Capture Wiz costs money for the pro version). I haven't come across any free ones yet.

Anyways, as I said, your Lonnie Donegan video doesn't seem downloadable by way of any of the regular YouTube Downloader type programs.

Date: July 18, 2011 13:54

bustedtrousers
The Download Helper is a Firefox add-on which puts an icon in your toolbar that becomes animated whenever something downloadable is on your screen. Anytime that happens, as far as youtube goes, I've also been able to get it by way of the cache. With your video, the icon doesn't become animated, it doesn't show up in the cache, and YouTube Downloader and other such programs also won't work. There's something about that video, some copyright protection and/or some difference in format, that makes it unable to download.

That's what I have installed too & it usually works fine on anything. Thanks for trying anyway.

I'm not that bothered about not capturing the Lonnie Donegan video, but it's just bugging me that nothing seems to work, & before long we may see more essential footage with this "copy protection" or whatever it is... confused smiley

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: July 18, 2011 18:19

Those vids are from "Official Channels" on youtube and they are protected, you can't download them.
Here is another protected site:
[www.youtube.com]

Date: July 18, 2011 18:25

HighwireC
Those vids are from "Official Channels" on youtube and they are protected, you can't download them.
[www.youtube.com]

There's always a way round these things...usually.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: July 18, 2011 18:32

Sleepy City
HighwireC
[www.youtube.com]

There's always a way round these things...usually.

Try it.

c u 2020 ... smoking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1660
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home