Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Jagger and "Richards" on SNL (vintage)
Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: September 25, 2015 05:50

OK- I know this has to have been posted years ago, but I have been watching this a few times over this week and I can't stop laughing . Only better skit would be Keef impersonating Mick.

[www.nbc.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-25 05:55 by Librarian.

Re: Jagger and "Richards" on SNL (vintage)
Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: September 25, 2015 07:54

thumbs up

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: September 25, 2015 08:33

I don't know where to begin praising this clip. It sort of encapsulates what's so great about Mick Jagger. The guy really can do a lot of different things and then its almost annoying that he does them so well. He nails Keith PERFECTLY, from the look right down to what he's saying and the movements. Moreover, its very well written and its not overly long. You want to see Mick keep doing it. "Keith" calling Mick an ignorant slut... there's just not much that gets better than this.

I love how open Mick Jagger is about doing stuff like this. His guest host spot a few years back on SNL was a laugh riot, mainly because he just commits so much to the bit and even if its not that funny HE'S amazing.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: September 25, 2015 12:02

And followed by an anti-fur message by animal activist, Kevin Nealon -- love it!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 25, 2015 16:29

RollingFreak
I don't know where to begin praising this clip. It sort of encapsulates what's so great about Mick Jagger. The guy really can do a lot of different things and then its almost annoying that he does them so well. He nails Keith PERFECTLY, from the look right down to what he's saying and the movements. Moreover, its very well written and its not overly long. You want to see Mick keep doing it. "Keith" calling Mick an ignorant slut... there's just not much that gets better than this.

I love how open Mick Jagger is about doing stuff like this. His guest host spot a few years back on SNL was a laugh riot, mainly because he just commits so much to the bit and even if its not that funny HE'S amazing.

perfectly stated.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 25, 2015 18:12

treaclefingers
RollingFreak

perfectly stated.

Mick is very good at comedy. I wish he had taken his film career in that direction, I think he would have been much more successful. He has an innate sense of self-deprecation that plays really well. The bit the Fallon and the mirror will survive a long time as a true classic.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: September 25, 2015 18:17

can´t watch it from germany and I didn´t find it on youtube.
Can anybody upload?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 25, 2015 18:58

Call it Mick Schtick

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: September 25, 2015 19:37

deardoctor
can´t watch it from germany and I didn´t find it on youtube.
Can anybody upload?

[hola.org]

Date: September 25, 2015 19:51

DISCLAIMER: "Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act of 1976, allowance is made for 'fair use' for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."
(Sections 107-118 of the Copyright Act;
title 17, U.S. Code)

DISCLAIMER: "Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act of 1976, allowance is made for 'fair use' for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."
(Sections 107-118 of the Copyright Act;
title 17, U.S. Code)

Date: September 25, 2015 19:53

hmmm... broken link it appears...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2012
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home