Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Tonight (28 June) BB King with Ronnie, Slash, Susan Tedeschi and Derek Trucks
Posted by: tylerdurden2001 ()
Date: June 29, 2011 03:57

Just got back from the Royal Albert Hall, seeing BB King. At least I thought I was seeing the regular BB King show I've seen for the last 19 years. Tonight turned out to be 30 minutes of a BB King show and then an hour long jam with Susan Tedeschi, Derek Trucks, Slash and Ronnie Wood - what a show!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-29 03:59 by tylerdurden2001.

Re: Tonight (28 June) BB King with Ronnie, Slash, Susan Tedeschi and Derek Trucks
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 29, 2011 09:38

thanks for the pix
byeee
jeroen

Re: Tonight (28 June) BB King with Ronnie, Slash, Susan Tedeschi and Derek Trucks
Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: June 29, 2011 10:01

Ronnie is getting into perfect form for performing.
Good to have some routine again.
Thanks for making my day with these glorious pictures.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 29, 2011 10:46

Absolutely marvellous. I'm sorry I missed the show, but it's wonderful to read the report(s) and see the pictures. All power to BB, and to Sir Ron The Great too; I can't wait to see him & the other Faces this coming Saturday at the Cornbury Festival in Oxfordshire.

[www.cornburyfestival.com]

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 29, 2011 11:11

WOW, you Lucky Man. Great

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 29, 2011 13:00

paulywaul
Absolutely marvellous. I'm sorry I missed the show, but it's wonderful to read the report(s) and see the pictures. All power to BB, and to Sir Ron The Great too; I can't wait to see him & the other Faces this coming Saturday at the Cornbury Festival in Oxfordshire.

[www.cornburyfestival.com]

Ditto! Great to see Ronnie popping up all over the place and delivering the goods. With all his recent guitar outings, he's already well in gear for Saturday. Rock on, Ronnie!

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: June 29, 2011 16:02

Great pictures!

Some clips from YouTube ;

Posted by: donteverstop ()
Date: June 29, 2011 18:06

God, great stuff. smileys with beer

Thanks for posting/filming whatever...

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 29, 2011 21:04

Thanks all for posting pics and videos.Ronnie is certainly getting around these days playing with some of the best around.The Faces should be his next gig but you never know where he will turn up.Good on yer Ronnie.>grinning smiley<

Posted by: tylerdurden2001 ()
Date: June 30, 2011 00:20

Thanks for the comments - and for posting the you tube clips!!!

Bill

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 30, 2011 00:46

Ronnie had said something to Rod Stewart on his radio show about showing up for the BB King, inviting Rod to come along.

Nice treat!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 30, 2011 05:20

Very cool. Thanks for posting.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: June 30, 2011 05:25

That's outstanding! What a great moment in time to experience.

CBII

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 30, 2011 06:52

Fantastic post! And phenomenal pics! You got some good shots! Great to see Ronnie playing so much. This seems to be what he needs, to stay busy and actually play instead of pose. Fantastic!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 30, 2011 07:40

can't but repeat what everyone else has said. fantastic, thank you!

Date: June 30, 2011 12:21

Awesome!

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: June 30, 2011 12:56

Amazing.

Derek Trucks (and Robert Randolph) played in Shepherds Bush last night, one of the best gigs I have ever attended. Incredible playing.

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: June 30, 2011 13:03

thanks all for sharing, great stuff !

it seems ronnie is getting a workoholic cool smiley

ronnie and charlie are the rolling men nowadays .....

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: June 30, 2011 15:19

Good ol BB still alive and kicking. First saw him back in '80. I really have got to go see Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi band.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 30, 2011 18:04

Go Ronnie Go,
Forget the Other Band, i forgot their name the St....
you are doing great mate !!
love ya !!
Byeeee
jeroen

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: June 30, 2011 18:53

thanks
great stuff indeed

Posted by: sonnyboythethird ()
Date: September 14, 2011 02:40

Finally got around to editing and uploading my boot of it. Mic gain was set a bit low so turn it up, but I'd rather err on that side. It's not so easy to compensate for distortion if the gain is too high.
[philsbootlegs.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Stones62 ()
Date: September 14, 2011 06:05

You lucky bastard! What a great show that had to have been! thumbs up

Date: April 17, 2012 14:57

hi everyone

the show is now available as CD + DVD
[www.bbking.com]

I watched it yesterday and what a show !
great sound, great audience, great voices and great guitars !
Slash and Dereck Trucks are very impressive.
We do not hear Ronnie much, as least one great slide solo at the beginning of the jam, but not so much afterwards.
And at the end, for the last encore, great Ronnie waving the hand to the crowd more than weaving the guitar ...
long life to BB !

Date: April 18, 2012 16:35

sounds like Slash, Susan Tedeschi and Derek Trucks were booked long time before the show and Ronnie and Mike Hucknal came right from a Faces gig

Date: April 18, 2012 20:01

All of them sat down and laid back....would you like this kind of presentation for the stones? May be for the entire of the show or a part of it?. I would...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1315
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home