Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Ronnie joining Rod Stewart at Hard Rock Calling festival in Hyde Park, 26 June 2011
Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: June 27, 2011 11:32

I was there and it was a brilliant Rod concert - made even better by Ronnie joining for Maggie May and Stay With Me. Unlike recent gigs, Ronnie's guitar was turned up loud - he played some brilliant guitar parts including the Maggie solo.

Did anyone here go?

Re: Ronnie joining Rod Stewart at Hard Rock Calling festival in Hyde Park, 26 June 2011
Date: June 27, 2011 12:14

I'm surprised Ronnie joined Rod, since Rod couldn't give his time to the Faces!

Re: Ronnie joining Rod Stewart at Hard Rock Calling festival in Hyde Park, 26 June 2011
Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: June 27, 2011 12:16

Gold Coast Slave Ship
I'm surprised Ronnie joined Rod, since Rod couldn't give his time to the Faces!

Shows us how "grown up" Ronnie can be.
And maybe he just felt like playing. Anyway, I am glad he gave the people something to enjoy!

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: June 27, 2011 12:24

Here are the obligatory Youtube clips.

FWIW, i think Ronnie is on his best form since the start of the Licks tour. On the other hand, watching these makes you realise why Rod said no the Faces reunion, he just hasn't got the voice now.

Date: June 27, 2011 12:49

Wow! Ronnie is in fantastic form. Great playing, even leading the band toward the ending there smiling smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 27, 2011 12:54

Great. Thanks for posting

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 27, 2011 13:35

I was there, with my family on summer holiday and not being a fan of latter-day Rod and his tuxedoed band, I was not expecting much more than a pleasant, if uninspired evening. So, it was a great surprise to get Ronnie. I love where Rod cut off the intro to Maggie Mae and started it over so that he could actually introduce Ronnie properly. It was a nice spontaneous moment. I had a great spot up close in the "Golden Circle", so I could see that Ronnie looked to be in great shape and was playing very wel - he was having trouble getting the slide tube off and on his finger, which I thought was cool. I may try to see Faces.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-27 13:36 by drbryant.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: June 27, 2011 14:38

According to the latest Classic Rock mag Rod wouldn't join the Faces because of Ronnies on going commitment to the Stones. So nothing to do with money then !

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: June 27, 2011 15:00

The GR
According to the latest Classic Rock mag Rod wouldn't join the Faces because of Ronnies on going commitment to the Stones. So nothing to do with money then !

I heard that he wouldn't join the Faces because the others wouldn't agree to him getting 75% of the money.

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: June 27, 2011 15:03

still ill
FWIW, i think Ronnie is on his best form since the start of the Licks tour. On the other hand, watching these makes you realise why Rod said no the Faces reunion, he just hasn't got the voice now.

Rod`s voice couldn`t do a complete FACES set anymore (like Keith couldn`t do with the Winos I think). This is obvious for many years now.It`s great to see him on stage, but his voice is flat , sometimes cracked and lost most of its power. It`s great for some ballads or pop songs , but I feel with him when he has to sing a rock song. But I still love to see him.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: June 27, 2011 15:03

I'm joking, it's all about money of course. It's been discussed here previously and I've heard stories too.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: June 27, 2011 15:33

The two people who should make a record together are Ronnie and Rod. Their best music was made together. Ronnie always seems to shine on the guitar with Stewart. They have a wonderful history together. With Rod, Ronnie is allowed to relinquish the perpetual subservient role as an insignificant member of the Stones' guitar team.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: June 27, 2011 15:52

Ronnie is very well. If Mick doesn´t want work with the Stones Ronnie needs walk with his own legs. He can do a solo tour, a tour with the faces, a tour with rod stewart... but Ronnie needs to work. He is very hot.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: June 27, 2011 16:35

carlostones10
Ronnie is very well. If Mick doesn´t want work with the Stones Ronnie needs walk with his own legs. He can do a solo tour, a tour with the faces, a tour with rod stewart... but Ronnie needs to work. He is very hot.

Or a New Barbarians tour perhaps?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 27, 2011 17:01

Ronnie is hot indeed.
great to see him july 8
byeeeeeeeeee
jeroen

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 27, 2011 17:04

Ronnie and co were hinting in that breakfast TV interview the other day that Rod will show up at Cornbury on Saturday to sing a couple of numbers. It would be great if he does, but if not I'm already more than happy with Mick Hucknall.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 27, 2011 17:34

Rumours, just to sell tickets.
sorry
byeee
jeroen

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 27, 2011 19:14

Cool,good for Ronnie,the Stone who has shown the most class lately...and played the best.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: June 27, 2011 19:19

awesome Ronnie! thanks!

Date: June 27, 2011 19:20

ronnie is great. he needs serious work...a tour.

Date: June 27, 2011 19:21

Sleepy City
carlostones10

very good idea!!

Posted by: rsk45 ()
Date: June 27, 2011 19:33

Thanks for sharing. Ronnie is in great form now its up to the rest of the mates to get things in order.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 27, 2011 19:36

sweetcharmedlife
Cool,good for Ronnie,the Stone who has shown the most class lately...and played the best.

thumbs up

Ronnie's da man!

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: June 27, 2011 19:48

carlostones10
Sleepy City
carlostones10

very good idea!!

It could get Keith playing again but without the pressure of him having to lead a band.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: June 27, 2011 20:04

Who is the mandolin player????

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: June 27, 2011 20:43

She's normally the violinist in Rod's band. Don't know her name though.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 27, 2011 21:10

Mandy Lynn smoking smiley

Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: June 28, 2011 11:53

Mandolins and violins have the same tuning. Usualyl if you can play one its not that much of a stretch to play the other!

Posted by: snibbs1234 ()
Date: June 28, 2011 14:23

Great Vids, pity Rod can't sing and his band are so wooden,one of the best rock numbers in Stay with me and they stood there like parked cars.
Ronnie Rock & Rules

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: June 28, 2011 15:32

snibbs1234
Great Vids, pity Rod can't sing and his band are so wooden,one of the best rock numbers in Stay with me and they stood there like parked cars.
Ronnie Rock & Rules

His band looked like the house band on the TAMI show in '64. Pretty hilarious that Rod wants Ronnie to quit the Stones for him. Good god that man is washed up. Got the audience singing half the tunes now.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1565
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home