Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT Where's My CD !?
Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: August 25, 2015 23:32

This weekend I bought a Sgt. Peppers CD at WalMart. When I opened it up today to play it on my PC while I worked I was flabbergasted to find that there was NO CD IN THE SLEEVE! (and, yes, I inspected every crack and crevice of the sleeve) WTF! I've never had this happen to me before and I've never heard of it happening to anyone else. Have you ever heard of this? And, by the way, why are Beatles CDs more expensive than anyone else's CDs? F this. Now I have to drag it back to the store and present my case. At least I still have the receipt.

Re: OT Where's My CD !?
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 25, 2015 23:37

In my country all the CD's cases are empty if you buy one they will add the disk..........

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 25, 2015 23:38

Obla di obla da

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: August 25, 2015 23:50

It's because Keith said Sgt. Peppers is rubbish.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: August 25, 2015 23:50

the first mistake is to buy a beatles cd.

now if it had been a stones cd the disc would have been in the case.

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: August 25, 2015 23:59

Date: August 26, 2015 00:02

Now I have to drag it back to the store and present my case. At least I still have the receipt.

The next problem you will have is:.......will they believe you?..........

As for the expensive price you paid (for nothing) they are The Beatles.........

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 26, 2015 00:13

I once bought a Beach Boys greatest hits CD and when I played it, it was Pink Floyd Delicate Sound of Thunder! At least it was disc 2 which has Money, Us and Them, Comfortably Numb, etc.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: August 26, 2015 01:28

Bought Keith's talk is cheap CD and inside was jaggers she's the boss what a bummer man!!!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 26, 2015 02:00

ohmercy61
Bought Keith's talk is cheap CD and inside was jaggers she's the boss what a bummer man!!!

I concur...that would have sucked. Could have been worse...at least it wasn't primitive cool!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 26, 2015 02:02

Somebody at the packing plant is still laughing....

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: August 26, 2015 02:06

The Beatles ought to release a "Yesterday and Today" cd in a wallet sleeve. A limited number should be the butcher cover with a trunk paste-over. Then not tell anybody that some of them are paste-overs.

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: August 26, 2015 06:14

I didnt take it.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: August 26, 2015 11:11

buttons67
the first mistake is to buy a beatles cd.

You should have waited for The Sons Of Beatles debut album,sure to be the best and biggest selling debut release in music history!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-26 11:12 by bonddm.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 26, 2015 12:18

Sgt Pepper was my very first CD. I won it 1987 from Swedish Radio Broadcasting. They qustioned how many times 'Yeah' were sung in 'It won't be long'....tongue sticking out smiley

WalMart! Are they Selling CDs? Obviously not! smoking smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: August 26, 2015 15:51

Fake CD is heartbreaking, too.
See my example of Beatles Mono Box. I bought it from Amazon Marketplace.
Fake printing, fake jacket sleeve and the fake sound - everything was fake.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: August 26, 2015 16:51

If someone from the record store staff took the CD to play it through the shop's stereo they'll probably have it and will be happy to return it to you. But if the record was sealed then it's probably some malfunction at the production line.

BTW: Nothing like this happened to me, but once I bought a Manfred Mann's CD and discovered The Shadows music on it. And no, nobody mislpaced CD in wrong case, the printing on the disc said Manfred Mann. Must have been something wrong at the pressing plant.

I also remember that Shine A Light DVD came with the lyrics to Lou Reed's Berlin printed in the booklet!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-26 16:55 by franzk.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: August 26, 2015 17:40

I can't remember what store-bought cassette I bought back in the 80's and, while the music that was supposed to be there was there, the labels (or printing) on the cassette were backward from what was actually on the tape.

I've also bought used/unsealed cds through amazon and found the wrong disc in the case when it arrived. In all of those cases, I was never asked to even return the merchandise. Generally they just credited my account and I would re-order.

The most amazing customer service came from Rounder Records after I had bought a compellation box set used at a local used cd store. One of the discs was included twice and one was missing. I contacted the company directly and was sent out the correct replacement with no hassle. They did ask me to return the duplicate for inventory purposes as I remember. I was just hoping to figure out a way to have the complete set and would have happily paid for the missing disc which wasn't available outside of the box set. Two thumbs up for Rounder Records.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: August 26, 2015 22:47

Maybe they improved it? Nrvolution 9 has got to be a better "song" than Revolution 9.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: August 26, 2015 22:58

Toru A
Fake CD is heartbreaking, too.
See my example of Beatles Mono Box. I bought it from Amazon Marketplace.
Fake printing, fake jacket sleeve and the fake sound - everything was fake.

my cds are in the bin. Not everything though. Lots stored in the attic. My Dinu Lipattis and my Fischer-dieskaus. Download for the love of God! Download!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 28, 2015 00:34

latebloomer
Somebody at the packing plant is still laughing....

you can imagine he tells that story to guests at dinner

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: August 30, 2015 22:40

Sooooooo. I took the empty sleeve case and receipt back to the store and they gave me no problem. In fact the woman said she'd seen this sort of problem before so I wasn't the first person who bought an empty CD case. I could get another Sgt. Pepper (or whatever) or a cash refund or re-credit my bank card. Since they had no more Sgt. Peppers (or Let It Be) I took the cash refund......Back To Zero.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 31, 2015 13:56

Bungo
Sooooooo. I took the empty sleeve case and receipt back to the store and they gave me no problem. In fact the woman said she'd seen this sort of problem before so I wasn't the first person who bought an empty CD case. I could get another Sgt. Pepper (or whatever) or a cash refund or re-credit my bank card. Since they had no more Sgt. Peppers (or Let It Be) I took the cash refund......Back To Zero.

Here it's call 'an happy ending'...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 31, 2015 14:44

Sue Macca!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 31, 2015 17:46

I once bought a used vinyl copy of Jethro Tull's Thick As A Brick. When I got it home and put on "side one," I heard side two. I figured, "Oh, they've just got the labels switched, so I flipped it over and played "side two," expecting to hear side one. Nope. It was side two again. There was no side one. Side two was on both sides.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-31 17:47 by tatters.

Date: August 31, 2015 23:18

tatters
I once bought a used vinyl copy of Jethro Tull's Thick As A Brick. When I got it home and put on "side one," I heard side two. I figured, "Oh, they've just got the labels switched, so I flipped it over and played "side two," expecting to hear side one. Nope. It was side two again. There was no side one. Side two was on both sides.

You must always find the positive side.............. now you an play the record twice as long before it wearout......

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 31, 2015 23:31

Tatters, did you first think your CD player was messed up? That would have made me a little crazy.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: August 31, 2015 23:37

MonkeyMan2000
It's because Keith said Sgt. Peppers is rubbish.

thumbs up

Yep. They pulled out the cd's, but the artwork is okay.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: August 31, 2015 23:46

Bungo
This weekend I bought a Sgt. Peppers CD at WalMart. When I opened it up today to play it on my PC while I worked I was flabbergasted to find that there was NO CD IN THE SLEEVE! (and, yes, I inspected every crack and crevice of the sleeve) WTF! I've never had this happen to me before and I've never heard of it happening to anyone else. Have you ever heard of this? And, by the way, why are Beatles CDs more expensive than anyone else's CDs? F this. Now I have to drag it
back to the store and present my case. At least I still have the receipt.

Bungo seems like you have had an incredible stroke of luck!!!!!,

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: August 31, 2015 23:47

Agreed

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1935
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home