Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
keith in his home in connecticut 2011 (cbs 11 minutes))
Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: February 8, 2013 20:11

Hi folks,

just fell about this, 11 interesting minutes, never saw his home 'til now,
sorry if known... (home from 02:15 on)

Sunday Morning, CBS News, 9-4-2011

Re: keith in his home in connecticut 2011 (cbs 11 minutes))
Date: February 8, 2013 21:29

I never saw this - great find!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: February 8, 2013 21:47

I remember seeing this on TV.

"I used to grow weed, but I was never around for the harvest !"

Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: February 8, 2013 22:16

just found this (google maps + bing maps-birds eye)...

[www.google.de]

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: February 8, 2013 22:24

That was the best.
Thank you very much for sharing
It with us!
Love Keith.

Posted by: TMONTANA ()
Date: February 9, 2013 02:00

Keith, still trying to be cool,and please, skinny jeans and a beer belly,a big faux pas.....eye popping smiley

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 9, 2013 03:18

Keith, still very cool,more experiences good and bad than some forums combined.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: February 9, 2013 04:21

thomashanck
Hi folks,

just fell about this, 11 interesting minutes, never saw his home 'til now,
sorry if known... (home from 02:15 on)

Sunday Morning, CBS News, 9-4-2011

smileys with beer

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: February 9, 2013 04:26

Keith should have grown old like Miles Davis serious,and with an attitude till the end,that would fit him better,than his clownish behavior,with one liners like some old not very funny comedian in late night tv,its truly pathetic to watch,the person who at one point was "the coolest cat waking the planet"trying to be funny,without much success,pityful....

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: February 9, 2013 04:36

Say what you will, Keith is still the coolest cat who still rocks & rolls. He's entitled to some lame jokes - hell if you survived his life, why not? smoking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 9, 2013 04:54

memphiscats
Say what you will, Keith is still the coolest cat who still rocks & rolls. He's entitled to some lame jokes - hell if you survived his life, why not? smoking smiley

It's nice you can be so forgiving

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: February 9, 2013 05:27

treaclefingers
memphiscats

One of my better qualities...winking smiley

Posted by: peter wilson ()
Date: February 9, 2013 06:27

TMONTANA
Keith should have grown old like Miles Davis serious,and with an attitude till the end,that would fit him better,than his clownish behavior,with one liners like some old not very funny comedian in late night tv,its truly pathetic to watch,the person who at one point was "the coolest cat waking the planet"trying to be funny,without much success,pityful....

First off, you cannot compare, for example, a 1969 Keith Richards to the present day Keith Richards. His behaviour is not clownish, he has a comedic sense like most Englishmen, young and/or old. The older you get the wiser you get, there is nothing wrong with that. The description pathetic is a bit of a push, the description pityful moreso. Keith Richards has earned his dues. The gamble to make a life/living of 50 years or so out of this game was a non-starter, a thought of many musicians back in the day. Nobody thought that they would last in such a career - that he did so is a 100% credit to him. He has brought his musical gift to millions of people, so you should let it go and let Keith Richards enjoy the fruit of that long, hard, and magical journey

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: February 9, 2013 06:56

TMONTANA

I watched this interview live when it first aired and actually found it quite interesting, who knew Keith was a proud gardener? There is nothing wrong with him throwing out some one liners here and there, it's what most people who are familiar with who he is expect from him. If you find it pathetic that's your perogative, if he was anyone else I doubt you would give it another thought.

You didn't live the same life as Keith did, you don't know how difficult it was for him to be in the limelight 24/7 and if this is the front he has developed to shield himself so be it, he's earned it. Be glad he's still out there making music and leave the man alone.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 9, 2013 12:20

Thanks for posting

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: February 9, 2013 12:52

Sweet

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 9, 2013 12:55

Gold rings on ya Keef !!!
See you soon i hope.

jeroen

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 9, 2013 16:53

memphiscats
treaclefingers
memphiscats

One of my better qualities...winking smiley

thumbs up

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: February 9, 2013 16:57

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 9, 2013 19:17

I hate these kind of produced interview bits - overly loud background audience noise, the songs are too loud. It's too audio busy in places.

Is he wearing a Jim Morrison t-shirt?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 9, 2013 22:25

......My job is to turn Mick on .....

T-shirt

ROCKMAN

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 9, 2013 22:58

GasLightStreet
I hate these kind of produced interview bits - overly loud background audience noise, the songs are too loud. It's too audio busy in places.

Is he wearing a Jim Morrison t-shirt?

No a Kyliminuqye shirt

jeroen

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 9, 2013 23:49

The Sunday Morning feature closes with: "Keith Richards is ready to start collecting material.... for volume 2 of Life."

But he's already got the material. He can go more in-depth on the most recent 30 years of his life that he merely superficially skimmed over in "volume 1" of Life.

Date: February 10, 2013 02:46

All l can say is that Clapton,Bowie,Paul McCartney,Bruce, are very close in age to Keith, also have a great history,and yet they act with dignity,not like an old man still trying to be young,and failing miserably...

Date: February 10, 2013 02:55

Define your vision of "acting with dignity". Is it improper after a certain age not to try and make jokes anymore? At what age should one stop trying to be young?

You must be a fairly young person to make a statement like that. I guess then in your view Don Rickles, Bob Newhart, Billy Crystal, Robin Williams, Jerry Seinfeld, the list could go on, are not funny anymore?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 10, 2013 02:57

.... what about Homer Simpson ???... he never seems ta grow up

ROCKMAN

Date: February 10, 2013 03:01

Yep, 'fraid Homer will never become dignified.

Date: February 10, 2013 03:11

Thru and Thru
Define your vision of "acting with dignity". Is it improper after a certain age not to try and make jokes anymore? At what age should one stop trying to be young?

You must be a fairly young person to make a statement like that. I guess then in your view Don Rickles, Bob Newhart, Billy Crystal, Robin Williams, Jerry Seinfeld, the list could go on, are not funny anymore?
T&T those guys you mention have been comedians ALL their lives,Keith was a great player with an attitude and style that did not allow for jokes,it is only now that he has tried to become a half assed comedian,while still trying to maintain his "coolness" and that goes from his clothes,to his mannerisms,while being interviwed,l find it pathetic and boring,you like it,great for you..smoking smiley

Date: February 10, 2013 03:24

Why is Keith supposed to act or dress like anyone else's notion of how a 60 year old ought to. he has made his whole life by his own rules - that is a huge reason why this very board even exists.
yes, I agree that he would probably look great in a suit; very slick, and dangerous. But he was in leather when all others ran around in flower-beads.
And those one liners with those white teeth go nowhere - what does that even mean "it's just trying to convince everyone else..har har.."but - there's those zingers. And then there are large passages of great insight and wisdom.
some guy said to them "don't grow old gracefully", and we all pretty much applauded that statement. I think he is doing just that.

Date: February 10, 2013 03:39

Palace Revolution 2000
Why is Keith supposed to act or dress like anyone else's notion of how a 60 year old ought to. he has made his whole life by his own rules - that is a huge reason why this very board even exists.
yes, I agree that he would probably look great in a suit; very slick, and dangerous. But he was in leather when all others ran around in flower-beads.
And those one liners with those white teeth go nowhere - what does that even mean "it's just trying to convince everyone else..har har.."but - there's those zingers. And then there are large passages of great insight and wisdom.
some guy said to them "don't grow old gracefully", and we all pretty much applauded that statement. I think he is doing just that.
Palace, actually Keith is 69 years old,and frankly l don't give a shit how he grows old,you are right,it is his business,but,imo he is acting like what he believes people want "Keith Richards " to act..But, hey diferent strokes for different folks...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1433
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home